The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's cloud cover here, too.

It feels great. ;)

Mind if I join you then? ;)

Looks like we have a break in the clouds, which is useless because it's still daylight. There's another mass of clouds moving up from Tacoma, but then clear behind it. *fingers crossed*

:D:D:D:rose::heart:

Glad you liked it. Finally got dark, better check and see if the moon is out.

I hope you fare better than I did. I had perfect resolution through my telescope, but the camera wouldn't cooperate.

Hell of a view, though. I spent an hour on the back porch with the 'scope. My neighbors probably think I'm a peeping tom now. :p

I hope you fare better than I did. I had perfect resolution through my telescope, but the camera wouldn't cooperate.

Hell of a view, though. I spent an hour on the back porch with the 'scope. My neighbors probably think I'm a peeping tom now. :p

Only if caught. ;):D So does your telescope have a hookup for a camera? Still got to wait a little bit. Can't see it yet and according to my SkyMap app, the moon just crested the horizon meaning it's still behind some buildings and hills.

"Think?" That's probably the least of their concerns. ;)

G'night all. It's been a long and busy weekend here.

Night night, anna.
I hope you had some after sales from the party.
:rose:

Nice pic, John - although not quite what I was hoping for, er ... expecting :eek:. I was expecting the moon cresting the horizon ... a moon of kinds.

Coffee, coffee! I have to edit this chapter and get it off quickly, before I go and make the bacon sarnies!
:kiss:

Only if caught. ;):D So does your telescope have a hookup for a camera? Still got to wait a little bit. Can't see it yet and according to my SkyMap app, the moon just crested the horizon meaning it's still behind some buildings and hills.

My telescope has a supposedly "special" broad viewcap that allows for a standard camera to take a picture of whatever is seen through the viewer. Problem is, the camera itself isn't cooperating. No matter how I positioned it, all I got was a big white blur. Focusing and refocusing didn't work. I tried everything I could think of.

What they don't know for certain won't make 'em blush. :devil:

'Night

Good night, sweet dreams. :rose:

Night night, anna.
I hope you had some after sales from the party.
:rose:

Nice pic, John - although not quite what I was hoping for, er ... expecting :eek:. I was expecting the moon cresting the horizon ... a moon of kinds.

Coffee, coffee! I have to edit this chapter and get it off quickly, before I go and make the bacon sarnies!
:kiss:

Not quite yet. It's raining very hard out here with thick...cloud cover. I might clear up. But right now you would get a very wet moon. :devil:

My telescope has a supposedly "special" broad viewcap that allows for a standard camera to take a picture of whatever is seen through the viewer. Problem is, the camera itself isn't cooperating. No matter how I positioned it, all I got was a big white blur. Focusing and refocusing didn't work. I tried everything I could think of.

What they don't know for certain won't make 'em blush. :devil:

'Night

Remember to set the metering mode on your camera to spot metering. Use manual focus if you can. http://photographylife.com/how-to-photograph-moon

Remember to set the metering mode on your camera to spot metering. Use manual focus if you can. http://photographylife.com/how-to-photograph-moon

I tried that. I forced myself to move like a snail to try to manually focus through the lens. But the best I could get was a picture just a few degrees less clear than the one Dampy posted on the Supermoon thread.

And that just ain't good enough. :p

I tried that. I forced myself to move like a snail to try to manually focus through the lens. But the best I could get was a picture just a few degrees less clear than the one Dampy posted on the Supermoon thread.

Hmm, even with metering set to spot? And did you try manually setting the shutter speed to about 1/250? I've learned with night photography you don't want the camera itself to have any control over the settings and everything should be set to manual.

Really cool you got the telescope attachment. Maybe I should hop in my car and head out to Eastern Washington? :rolleyes: I know I would see it there.

Hmm, even with metering set to spot? And did you try manually setting the shutter speed to about 1/250? I've learned with night photography you don't want the camera itself to have any control over the settings and everything should be set to manual.

Really cool you got the telescope attachment. Maybe I should hop in my car and head out to Eastern Washington? :rolleyes: I know I would see it there.

I tried it again. I'm no wiz with a camera, but I'm pretty sure I changed all the settings to manual. I think the problem lies with the view cap. Even when looking with the naked eye, the angle has to be just right in order to see anything clearly.

It's a damn powerful telescope, but it also seems to be a very finicky one.

I tried it again. I'm no wiz with a camera, but I'm pretty sure I changed all the settings to manual. I think the problem lies with the view cap. Even when looking with the naked eye, the angle has to be just right in order to see anything clearly.

It's a damn powerful telescope, but it also seems to be a very finicky one.

That's a bummer. :( *turns an ear toward the window* Sounds like the rain is letting up. :)

I was not happy with the clarity either. I've had clearer pics of the moon on other days (see attachment). Maybe a full moon is not that great to photograph close-up?

Attachments

• New Orleans Plantations - Feb 29 2012 231resized.JPG
    New Orleans Plantations - Feb 29 2012 231resized.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
Not quite yet. It's raining very hard out here with thick...cloud cover. I might clear up. But right now you would get a very wet moon. :devil:
LOL, was that 'I might clear up' a deliberate typo? You can do some clearing up here if you like!

Got that edit out the way! and now trotting out the door with the laundry.

Are you still peeping away, Willie? or have you gone off to beddy byes? (Not to sleep, probably, knowing you and your wife! :devil:)

I was not happy with the clarity either. I've had clearer pics of the moon on other days (see attachment). Maybe a full moon is not that great to photograph close-up?

Wow Dampy! what a fab piccie! Just the start I need in the morning, a glimpse of your moon rising ;).

At stupid o'clock this morning, the moon was 'a ghostly galleon, toss'd upon
cloudy seas.' I stood no chance of getting a decent picture.
Willy, I'm glad I'm not the only one occasionally struggling.

LOL, was that 'I might clear up' a deliberate typo? You can do some clearing up here if you like!

Are you still peeping away, Willie? or have you gone off to beddy byes? (Not to sleep, probably, knowing you and your wife! :devil:)

I'm still around. My wife is still recovering from her bout of food poisoning. And I'm working on a GM story I hope to plug into the Nude Day contest before it ends . . . .

At stupid o'clock this morning, the moon was 'a ghostly galleon, toss'd upon
cloudy seas.' I stood no chance of getting a decent picture.
Willy, I'm glad I'm not the only one occasionally struggling.

No, thou surely aren't. My telescope hath a fickle mind and even fickl'r still a body. :p

The part that bugs me is that I can see with an incredible amount of detail through the lens. It's truly breathtaking. I get the kind of view an Apollo 11 astronaut would get just minutes before touch-down (okay, maybe not quite that good, but still). And I can't share it. Grrr . . . .

Thanks for catching it, I guess I'll go put on my jeans now. :devil:

Wow, damp, that's a really nice picture. What camera did you use and with what settings? (Going into geek mode) :eek:

Willie, sorry to hear about the wife and food poisoning. Wishing her a quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back