Female Petting Zoo

sunandshadow

Cocksnail!
Joined
Jan 1, 1970
Posts
3,863
I don't usually write m/f erotica, so I thought I'd toss this out there in case someone who does wanted to use the idea. Basically, there's a society (not normal humans) where people have caused themselves some problems with either magic or technology, resulting in a shortage of female births; like 1 female born for every 4 males. But after a while they come up with a partial solution; again using magic or technology, they figure out how to transform some females of other races, including humans, into females of their own race.

They process of integrating alien females into their society is a bit complicated though; initially they can't speak or read the society's language, they might be angry or panicked about being transformed and likely to run away or attack people, they have no idea how to use the various household appliances of this culture safely, etc. Also, it's complicated specialist work to produce each one of these transformed females, so it takes a fairly large company to produce even 2 a year; they also can't legally be sold, as that would be slavery. But they decide to use the petting zoo approach as a way to legally and ethically make some money by giving men of their culture access to these females; and if they are lucky, these females will have some daughters in the process.

The petting zoo approach is like this: the females are treated basically like zoo animals; they don't have to work, they are fed by a zookeeper, and also checked over regularly by the zoo's doctor. The males who visit the zoo pay a fee to enter the petting area. Females can wander freely between their private rooms and the petting area, but visitors can't go into the private rooms unless a female chooses to escort one to her own room. Some of the visiting males aren't even there for sex; sad people come for cuddles from the women or their babies, artists come to draw the females and babies, linguists and psychologists come to interact with aliens, toy designers (the non-sexual kind of toy) come to use the females as playtesters.

I thought this would be a nice setting for some stories, from both male and female points of view. :cattail:
 
It's definitely interesting. The emotional aspects of the transformation could be quite powerful, too. How do you envision the non-human species in this society?
 
It's definitely interesting. The emotional aspects of the transformation could be quite powerful, too. How do you envision the non-human species in this society?
Glad you think its interesting. :cattail: Do you mean how I imagine them visually, biologically, or culturally? I'm fine with many kinds of not-quite-humans. I'd prefer they weren't vampires, demons, elves, or one of the really standard fantasy races. They should be attractive, so no gray or green aliens with big heads. I have a fondness for species that build nests and lay eggs, but I like other kinds too. I have a fondness for 3-gendered species (in this case there would be a shortage of the gender that gets pregnant, and both the other two would visit the petting zoo), but the regular male-female setup is ok too.

I don't really care if they have cat ears or tails or scaly skin or wings or are basically humans with one minor non-human trait or are anthro aliens that don't look all that human. Whatever, s'all good. As long as it's not a whole race of giant alpha males, I'm so sick of that in sci-fi romance novels. I'm not personally into the giant muscular alpha males that are usually the love interests in alien romance novels; I like male characters who have some kind of insecurity. Usually I make my male love interest one of these two archetypes:

- A particularly slender long-haired guy of less than average height who is a bitchy genius that doesn't think he's lovable.

-An average height muscular guy with some scars and odd looks due to being a halfbreed or mutant, which makes him feel unworthy.

Both of them have been bullied or treated with prejudice; usually their character growth in the story is that having the main character fall in love with them, praise their strengths, defend them socially, and choose them over all rivals, helps them feel better about themselves and become more secure and relaxed. Sometimes I team them up, make the little guy the leader and the muscular guy his sidekick; or they can both be alone before they meet the main character; or they can be the two love interests for the main character and her best friend/sidekick, if she has one.

Culturally, they shouldn't be assholes - don't treat people like property, don't beat or kill each other on a whim, be kind to children, women, and animals. They should be fairly prosperous aside from the lack of females of their own species, and preferably not in the middle of a war or having a lot of crime.
 
I wonder if a planet of lizard-like people might fit into your requirements? Some of them have problems with sex ratios due to climate change here on earth... But then that'd create another problem for the story - if they're capable of going somewhere and kidnapping females, why not just evacuate?

What if an altered female wanted to leave the petting zoo and try to blend in with the few 'normal' females on the planet? Do they remain in the petting zoo all their lives? Do some pine for earth and some adapt?
 
Sure, lizards could work as well as anything else - might take a little effort to design sexy lizard people, but it could be done. Though I think intelligent lizards would have studied what made their eggs turn out male or female, if it was something as simple as temperature they would have fixed it with heating or refrigeration, either technological or magical. I doubt they'd put their eggs outdoors either. So it would have to be something other than just climate.

I'm not sure they'd necessarily be going somewhere to capture females - they might be buying them, or recruiting them with the fact that they are offering permanent free food, housing, and advanced medical care for minimal work. Or they might be using a machine or spell to teleport females to their world, maybe not even knowing where they are coming from.

It would be quite difficult for a transformed alien female to function in society unless she had already been living at the petting zoo for a while, learning the language (both spoken and written) and learning how to use simple appliances as well as behave in a way that isn't bizarre to the natives. They would have no ability to earn a living, so the only likely case in which they would be able to leave is if they wanted to marry a native male or be the private pet/shared wife of a small group of males, like a pair or roommates or some brothers. They are already in basically the nicest imaginable prostitution/stripper 'employment arrangement'. Even a lesbian would probably do fine just putting on little shows and not being actually touched by the native males.

I would imagine most of them adapt at least enough to live peacefully at the petting zoo, understanding that they can trade attention and favors to the male visitors for small presents from the male visitors. There are probably a few sad cases who can't or won't adapt and commit suicide or go crazy. As adult immigrants in a situation where there is no pressure to learn how to read and write the language of their new home, and little pressure to learn to speak fluently, many of them probably never become fluent or learn the written version of the language. And once they've been living at the petting zoo for a year or two, especially if they've had a child there, they probably think of it as home, and would have few reasons to want to leave. (Falling in love with a native male and wanting to go live with him being one obvious exception. Someone who was insatiably curious about the new world they find themselves on would probably also have a strong urge to go outside the petting zoo.)
 
Would their children be integrated, once they're older? Would they, as half-castes who are illiterate in their paternal culture, be kept in the zoo? Is the aging process so different to humans that they remain as babies for a very long time?
 
Oh, I should have phrased that better... I meant what do they look like physically. :) Interesting details though.

Ah. Yeah, I don't really care what they look like physically. I mean, I care what the individual male character(s) look like because I want him/them to be one of my types, but there would be many different racial/species appearances that I'd like. I've created at least 8 species for past projects and most of them looked quite different from each other.
 
Would their children be integrated, once they're older? Would they, as half-castes who are illiterate in their paternal culture, be kept in the zoo? Is the aging process so different to humans that they remain as babies for a very long time?

Hmm, I'm thinking the male offspring would be integrated because the petting zoo doesn't want them, while their sires very well might, or even someone else who wants to adopt a child. The female offspring the zoo would want to keep, but there would probably also be rich women who haven't managed to have a daughter, or rich men who want to insure that they have a daughter to trade for a bride for their son, who would be willing to make a sizeable donation to the petting zoo to be allowed to adopt a girl. The petting zoo would also be happy to let native females who somehow ended up orphaned or homeless live there, as long as they aren't dangerously crazy or have a severe addiction.

I guess it depends on the government. If there's a more benevolent socialist/authoritarian kind of government or a military government, they probably want all the children educated and integrated into the native population. They might set it up so the creche (like a boarding school) for the town's children is right next to the petting zoo so that the petting zoo females can visit their children without going out into the world but the children can live in the school dormitories instead of at the petting zoo. If it's a more anarchic or capitalistic government, they probably don't care whether someone is raising halfblood girls to be uneducated. Personally I'd like it to be a pleasant setting, where the petting zoo's staff are good people, not callous or sadistic pimps or slavers.

The aging process is probably about the same as humans. If I were making it different I'd go in the direction of making them mature faster, not slower. Like how puppies are ready to be adopted from their breeder a little bit after they are weaned; I'm not sure what an equivalent age to that would be for humans or humanoid aliens.
 
Last edited:
Would the women get upset, jealous that their children will be integrated, or would their children be different enough to them that 'it's better that way'? Would boys get integrated earlier, and girls kept until maturity? (to prevent them Westermarcking on their intended spouse - unless you'd prefer it that way...) Is there a social difference between a child born to a transformed mother, and a child born to an untransformed mother? Can the females visit their grown children or only the grown children visit their mother? What happens to a female once she becomes infertile - helping to raise the young babies?

Would the native females teach the transformed females about their society? What's the dynamic in the petting zoo between the few native females and the many, transformed females?
 
The challenge in answering these questions is that I'm imagining the petting zoo females as being in a wide range of stages of adapting, and some get remain at each stage and never progress further.

Stage 1. The new ones can't speak the language at all and the priority is making sure they learn they can get rewards by being affectionate to visitors and won't gain anything by being violent toward either other visitors or other zoo inhabitants. If any of them insist on being violent then they are put down (because it's impossible to return them to their original form and original location). If they are just afraid the zoo staff will try to befriend them and make sure they don't refuse to eat . The staff will coax them to venture out of their room and encourage them to feel safe being platonically petted and hand-fed, before they are ever allowed out where the guests are.

Some of the more intelligent ones might commit suicide, but it's fairly uncommon, because they'd probably try other possibilities like escape first. Escapes do happen; when a native finds a stray odd-acting female who can't speak they may report her and she will get returned to the petting zoo, or they may try to keep her. The ones who settle in well learn how life at the petting zoo works by watching other females who have been their longer interact with the guests and get rewarded for providing sex and other kinds of affection and cooperation.

2. The ones who haven't escaped and have grasped the basics of life at the petting zoo start learning some words so they can ask for what they want, do some primitive bargaining, and accumulate some personal possessions. They also get praise and rewards from zoo staff for mastering basic elements of good behavior (according to that culture), like bathing, eating neatly, possibly wearing clothes, making appropriate gestures/words to say hello and thank you and good bye, and similar little social rituals.

Some come from species which aren't as intelligent as humans (or the native aliens) but more like dolphins or chimpanzees, and these do not have the ability to really master any language. (And their offspring may also have sub-human intelligence and the inability to learn to speak or write.) Some don't speak because they don't really understand that they have the physical ability to do so, but learn verbal or gesture commands. At this point they are well enough trained for the zoo's purposes. Many of these have limited interest in their own children; some don't understand eggs because they used to be mammals (or it could be the other way around, females who used to be reptiles or birds then were transformed into mammals might not understand nursing). So the petting zoo would be removing some offspring from their mothers at birth because the mothers don't attempt to care for the babies. Generally these would be placed with another female at the petting zoo who has already demonstrated willingness to sit on eggs or nurse babies or w/e. Natives wanting to adopt probably wouldn't want newborns/eggs, but if they did these abandoned ones would be the obvious candidates.

These females also might follow their instincts to take care of babies, but be inclined to push them out of the nest or care for them less once they are weaned or old enough and brave enough to wander out of sight on a regular basis. These females would probably have no objection to their offspring being removed from the zoo at this point, nor a particularly strong desire to be visited by these offspring later. Especially if they had a new baby or clutch of eggs or w/e to focus their attention on. They don't understand education, so they have no opinion about their children being educated. Some of these would be equally happy being transferred to private ownership as living at the petting zoo.

3. The ones who become halfway fluent at speaking and understanding the new culture they are in are the only ones for whom jealousy and comparison to native females really becomes relevant. They are also the ones who start getting little jobs, when someone comes to the petting zoo with a special task that requires a female who can learn a trick or follow complicated commands. For example, anyone who wanted to make a porn movie or wanted a model to pose for a work of art could come to the petting zoo looking for this kind of female (or a higher stage one). Well-behaved females might be allowed out of the zoo during the day for photo shoots, parties, etc. They would be allowed to refuse a job they didn't want to do.

Those who are taken out of the building for day trips and those who can really understand the conversation inside the zoo are the only ones who would realize that some females live different lives outside the zoo, and they possibly could too. They would be the ones who started to realize some of the upper class natives (the ones who can always afford pureblooded native brides) might have some prejudice against them as potential daughter-in-laws or wives, or against their children as halfbloods who might have mental or personality oddities compared to fullblooded natives.

They might object to their children being taken away because they are intelligent enough to worry how their children will be treated and want to protect even their mostly-grown children. They might realize that they should work at learning to read and write, or that their children's education is important for their futures. Specifically they would start to get the idea that their male offspring would start at bottom rank of native society with basically no chance of ever having a wife unless their father claimed and supported them or unless they excelled at their education and/or finding a good job. And they would understand that their female offspring would either end up in the same position they were, or would end up belonging to a native, whether as a pet or a wife, or as first an adopted daughter then a wife (wet nurse or nanny might be another possible role).

Many native women would never have been to a petting zoo and would rarely encounter females from the petting zoo at parties or as the personal pets of male relatives or friends. So they would probably see these females as animals intended for the companionship of unfortunate males who can't find a real wife. Unless one petting zoo female was unusually fluent and intelligent-acting and the native woman started to see her more as fellow woman, though maybe a foreigner or a lower-class woman. Some native females might want a petting zoo female as an adopted best friend/little sister they could dress up and do other typically female activities with. (Many female natives would have no sisters due to the rarity of female births, even though they would see boys and men having fun with their brothers.)

4. Finally, a few of the petting zoo females will master the native language and culture completely enough to become accepted as an honorary native female. This would usually go along with marrying a native male or being adopted by an upper-class native female who had no daughters. Any young children she had would go with her, assuming both she and her husband/adopted wanted them. As a native female she might start to participate in native culture (like attending balls, watching plays, creating art intended for natives to take seriously, etc.) Culturally, she might have to be adopted as a daughter of a middle class or higher native couple before she could officially marry a middle or upper class native male.

Other. Not in sequence with the other stages is the unusual case where a native female might end up living at the petting zoo, either temporarily or permanently. A female like this might see themself as a professional courtesan with a pretty comfortable life, or they might embrace their animal size and see themself as a pampered housecat.

As far as the question about females who are past breeding age, the petting zoo does the breeding part as more of a sideline of their main thing, which is providing females for their guests to interact with. A post-menopausal female would still be able to provide various services to guests. Some would still be interested in sex. Sometimes grannies are the best shoulder to cry on or the best baby-sitter for the children of younger females or the best at jobs which require patience or calmness in a chaotic atmosphere.
 
j

Like your stages. As a woman in a wheelchair, I remember a time when rehab centers were separate universes. Many similarities
 
Would Stage 2 females be able to take on some duties with visitors? Not necessarily posing for art, but perhaps petting. What would be the mental abilities of their children?

Would all transformed females have to return regularly to the zoo for checkups?

Would polyandry be more acceptable in the culture? What are the other options for males who cannot find a wife?

How many females would be held in a zoo at any one time? Is there a zoo network across the planet?
 
Lots of good questions :)

Would Stage 2 females be able to take on some duties with visitors? Not necessarily posing for art, but perhaps petting. What would be the mental abilities of their children?
Yes, stage 2 females usually are about half the females in a petting zoo and they correspondingly do about half of the petting, sex, and any kind of play or other visitor interactions that a dog could do. At the front desk they have healthy "bribes" like apples and bags of jerky for the visitors to feed to the females, and the stage 2 females are usually happy with this kind of motivation. Visitors can also bring their own bribes. Crayons, balls, music boxes (sturdy ones), stuffed animals, and assorted delicious junk food all appeal strongly to at least some of the females (or their children).

Mental abilities of children are somewhere in the range between the female's intelligence and the sire's intelligence. It's not really related to stage, because intelligent females pass through stage 2, they just don't stay there. Natives have a range of intelligence similar to humans. So a human female and a native male would have children equally intelligent as fullblood native children, though there might be some different aptitudes. Perhaps humans have a weaker sense of smell but faster reflexes. Or the female might be from another intelligent alien species which has empathic abilities or perfect pitch, and her children might inherit those traits.

On the other hand if the female is less intelligent (a permanent stage 2) the offspring aren't going to be geniuses, and are probably not going to be quite as low on the IQ scale as the mother, but will be somewhere in between. Probably the most intelligent result would be an offspring with a human-average IQ and some difficulties with reading/writing/math, but skills in other areas like athletics, playing music, or being good at making friends. An individual like this who bred again with a fullblooded native would have basically normal children.

The least intelligent possible result would be mentally like a particularly intelligent animal that doesn't talk but understands verbal commands and probably has more hand-eye coordination, memory, and abstract thought that any Earth animal. Maybe like neanderthals or some earlier type of proto-human. This kind of individual, if they bred with a full-blooded native, would have children like the more intelligent version described above.

Would all transformed females have to return regularly to the zoo for checkups?
No, once they are transformed they are physically the same as a native, only the mental abilities are different (and inheritably so) because the brains can't be transformed with out scrambling them. (Transforming a brain of an adult from one species to another would result in either insanity or blanking the brain back to the level of a newborn, so they don't do that.) The specialty of the zoo's doctor is figuring out what's wrong with native bodies inhabited by brains that can't talk and don't know not to eat soap or not to attack a doctor who gives them a shot. Much like a vet. But stage 3 or 4 females do ok with a regular doctor.

Would polyandry be more acceptable in the culture? What are the other options for males who cannot find a wife?
I'm not sure they have official multiple marriages, probably the leader or highest ranking of the group would be the one married to the female (unless she's a pet married to no one) and her children would be officially his unless he allowed another man to adopt one. But it's certainly acceptable for 2 or more men to share a female. There are also no particular prejudices against male homosexuality, except that it's associated more with the lower classes and less with the higher classes, so it's considered a bit unfashionable or embarrassing, though it's also considered convenient. Having a wife or female pet is considered a fashionable luxury.

How many females would be held in a zoo at any one time? Is there a zoo network across the planet?
There is a zoo network, unless someone wanted to write a story set at the first petting zoo, when the natives had just figured out how to transform aliens into native females (physically at least). Or a version of the story where the native species had been reduced to a small number, mostly male, would also have only one petting zoo. But if there are plenty of natives and petting zoos have been around for years there would be a network. The number of females would correspond to how big a population it served and whether that particular zoo was brand new or in full operation. For a small town a petting zoo would not have more than 20 adult females to 4 or 5 native staff members, and might have as few as 6 adult females and only 2 staff. For a big city (or space station or residential starship or w/e) there would be up to 30 adult females, up to 8 staff, and there might be more than 1 petting zoo in the area.
 
Last edited:
Like your stages. As a woman in a wheelchair, I remember a time when rehab centers were separate universes. Many similarities

Thank you. :) Yes, when I was trying to think of human parallels for petting zoos and dog pounds I thought of sanitariums and halfway houses, which are both like rehab centers where the patients live there. I was also thinking of old-fashioned female college dorms - in some cases they used to actually police whether all the girls were in by curfew, and no men were allowed into the building past the lounge, where they were in view of the adult working at the front desk.
 
ddf

I love this story line. I am a college prof who is still treated like stage 2 by many experts.
I hope you would allow me to mparticpate
 
I love this story line. I am a college prof who is still treated like stage 2 by many experts.
I hope you would allow me to mparticpate

I'm happy for pretty much anyone to participate :cattail: But how did you want to participate? Do you think I should make this a public roleplay, or did you want to try writing a story in this setting, or did you just want to suggest ideas...? Any of these would be fine with me.
 
good idea! Go for it!:heart:
The question is what to go for it as. A public roleplay? A private roleplay? A shared world in which anyone can write stories? A specific story written by me? Each of these scenarios requires something I don't have at the moments: players, writers, or a plot.
 
first scene

Subject one woke up/ It had been 72 hours since she had been brought here.
A purple tall gentleman in a whitelab coat approached her.
Numb by a combination of drugs, fear and awe she couldn't speak.
He slowly turned her over stroking her back and thigh muscles.
"What did he want?" She couldn't tell. It seemed like a group of five men, all with the concerned look of experts were there now. "We aren't going to hurt you, The oldest declared", gently spraying her. She hoped he was right. She fell back into a docile sleep.
 
Subject one woke up/ It had been 72 hours since she had been brought here.
A purple tall gentleman in a whitelab coat approached her.
Numb by a combination of drugs, fear and awe she couldn't speak.
He slowly turned her over stroking her back and thigh muscles.
"What did he want?" She couldn't tell. It seemed like a group of five men, all with the concerned look of experts were there now. "We aren't going to hurt you, The oldest declared", gently spraying her. She hoped he was right. She fell back into a docile sleep.

You may wish to take this to Sexual Role Play. Story Ideas is not the place for a role play.
 
Back
Top