#BoycottIndiana

Add it to abortion for the new litmus test. Since we are now a "secular" nation, we must obey the secular whims of the day or pay a heavy price. The Christians were trying to save me from hell and the secularists are trying to place me into a heaven of their creation here on earth. I fear the latter far more than the former.

Hate and loathing has replaced tolerance and diversity.

I saw where 'thousands' were protesting the law. Obviously the mid-terms at the Univ. of Indiana are over.

Wedding cakes are not items that are sitting in the display case, they are custom made and more properly fall into the category of 'personal service.' Is it the protestors conviction that a woman can compel any gynecologist to perform an abortion or tubal ligation? Can a Muslim veterinarian be compelled to treat pigs and dogs? The list goes on and on and is not restricted to the religious beliefs of Christians.

Ishmael
 
Saying I understand the reasoning behind the law is not the same as saying I like or support the law.
 
I saw where 'thousands' were protesting the law. Obviously the mid-terms at the Univ. of Indiana are over.

Wedding cakes are not items that are sitting in the display case, they are custom made and more properly fall into the category of 'personal service.' Is it the protestors conviction that a woman can compel any gynecologist to perform an abortion or tubal ligation? Can a Muslim veterinarian be compelled to treat pigs and dogs? The list goes on and on and is not restricted to the religious beliefs of Christians.

Ishmael

Saying I understand the reasoning behind the law is not the same as saying I like or support the law.

If it were not for the militancy of the "secular" crusaders, then I doubt there would be these laws pushing back the coasts from the heartland.
 
You're looking at the problem the wrong way. The gay hustlers target known Christians and then demand that they come to their place and get their noses rubbed in that which they do not approve of. Any gay who walks in and wants to buy a cake is free to do so without discrimination.

You see, the people actually discriminating here are the "beautiful" rainbow people who are offended at the very idea that anyone is allowed to profess a religious belief that they do not approve of.

I cannot wait for them to tackle the iSlammers...

Unbelievable.

First off, they aren't "gay hustlers," they're just people. What makes them hustlers? Or are you projecting a bit from your youth when you used to hustle tricks to pay for food?

Secondly, they aren't rubbing anyone's nose in anything, they just a nice cake for their wedding.

Lastly, they aren't offended that anyone else has different, beliefs, they just want a wedding cake.
 
"they just want a nice wedding cak!"

father-of-the-bride-martin-short-GC.jpg
 
As much as I thoroughly detest eyer as an individual, he is correct...

Of course I am "correct"...

...just as I am "correct" that you're a piece of shit statist who adores man's law more than you revere the law of nature; just as I am "correct" that you favor collective tyranny over individual liberty; just as I am "correct" that you're just another butthurt RINO who intentionally retired early at the minimum age of 62 to mooch off the American taxpayers for the next 20-30 years of your spoiled, statist life.

One right I have already comfortably exercised, however. I've placed eyer on my ignore list so that I won't have to waste my time giving the slightest consideration to whatever response he might make to this post.
Nan, nan, nan, na...

...what a fucking cunt.
 
What will the Indiana religious freedom law really do?

...RFRA laws are common, as shown by this map. Whether or not such laws are good policy, they are about accommodating religious belief, not authorizing discrimination.

...To be clear, my point here is not to defend the enactment of state-level RFRAs. I am ambivalent about such laws and generally prefer the authorization of religious exemptions from generally applicable laws on a case-by-case basis. Whatever the wisdom of these RFRAs, it is important for the debate over such laws be based upon what these laws actually do.

Full piece:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-indiana-religious-freedom-law-really-do/
 
There continues to be significant backlash against the so-called religious freedom law in Indiana. After Hobby Lobby this is great to see. Hopefully it will start to erode similar laws in 19 other states, and eventually Hobby Lobby.


maybe you need to invite some of your ISIS brothers as you love all things stupid
 
I saw where 'thousands' were protesting the law. Obviously the mid-terms at the Univ. of Indiana are over.

Wedding cakes are not items that are sitting in the display case, they are custom made and more properly fall into the category of 'personal service.' Is it the protestors conviction that a woman can compel any gynecologist to perform an abortion or tubal ligation? Can a Muslim veterinarian be compelled to treat pigs and dogs? The list goes on and on and is not restricted to the religious beliefs of Christians.

Ishmael

You are dissembling.

A business owner can decide WHAT services they choose to offer.

That's not at issue here.

The issue is the business owner deciding to restrict product/service offerings that they provide to only people who meet their religious criteria.

Ergo, a gynocologist can decide whether or not they want to offer abortions.
That is their choice.
IF, and only IF, they decide they want to offer abortions, they should not be able to restrict their product offerings to certain people solely on their religious convictions.

Indiana wants to codify this sort of discrimination, and is shocked...SHOCKED...that their actions have consequences.
 
Mike Pence sure gets the throw yourself under the bus award for this spring.

lol Wow.

He's getting crucified even on faux news.
 
No seasonal pun intended.

I watched that eyesore Killing Jesus last night.

Fuck that stunk as far as good biblical type movies go.
 
I am watching the Indiana Speaker and other pols talk about RFRA. Lots of talk about how it is already the law of the land and the "same law" was passed 22 years ago at the federal level, et etc

Has anyone asked why the law was necessary in the first place? What does it do if it is already the law?
 
I can't imagine this being that big a deal. The free market will take care of this.
 
Why all the outrage against Indiana while nothing is being said about the 19 other states with similar law or as codified in federal law (42 U.S.C. § 2000bb through 42 U.S.C. § 2000bb-4)?

Ishmael

Because the other states have enacted laws that make discriminating against LGBT people against the law. Something Pence and his Taliban refuse to do, dumbass.
 
Why all the outrage against Indiana while nothing is being said about the 19 other states with similar law or as codified in federal law (42 U.S.C. § 2000bb through 42 U.S.C. § 2000bb-4)?

Ishmael

gov_mike_pence_s_characterization_of_indiana_s_new_religion_law_is_wrong.html


Long story short, this is the first piece of state legislation in the post-Hobby Lobby era, with language that specifically permits PRIVATE religious-fueled discrimination.
 
gov_mike_pence_s_characterization_of_indiana_s_new_religion_law_is_wrong.html


Long story short, this is the first piece of state legislation in the post-Hobby Lobby era, with language that specifically permits PRIVATE religious-fueled discrimination.

I'm am so digging the holy shit out of this...

...when you going to actually start jumping, little froggy?
 
Glorious secession keeps marching on...

As of 2013, there were an estimated 45 Americans who the state statistly dictates must be categorized as "black"...

...almost 16 million of those Americans - or roughly 33% of USSA's total "black" population - comprise the 15 denominations which power the 34,000 churches of the National Black Church Initiative (NBCI).

The NBCI has now announced that they are breaking all fellowship with the Presbyterian Church USA after the PCUSA's top legislative body, the Presbyterian General Assembly, voted last June to revise its constitutional language defining marriage, a move the entire PCUSA ratified just recently.

Free at last, free at last...

...thank God Almighty, free of the PCUSA at last!
 
I thought his daughters got him drunk and had sex with him while he was asleep, so that's basically rape. Maybe Lot knew his daughters were sexual deviants and that's why he offered them to the mob. He knew they would like it. :D

yeah, yeah. that is just some bullshit some twat came up with after the fact. i'm sorry, but i gotta say if a dude is drunk enough to pass the fuck out to the point that he can't wake up when someone is hopping on his cock i have to doubt his ability to even get it the fuck up asleep or not.
 
Back
Top