The China Pearl Inn part 10

Enjoyed a day at home catching up with my non military friends and enjoyed a free day after the weekend. Back to OTS tomorrow, learning military history.

Hi Robyn! I saw you started writing with CG. I hope you don't mind if I read it. I have kind of been wanting to write with one of you ladies but I know you have such limited time and lately I am around so infrequently because of me starting my new business and such there hasn't been a good time to bring up ideas. So this is the next best thing. Either way, I'm glad!

The navigation unit got a little wonky this go around.

That explains a few things. Wait, aren't sailors supposed to be able to navigate well?

CG is your sextant broken?

*Limps into the new inn and and without even stopping at the bar heads back to the darkest corner to curl into a little ball and pull a blanket over head.*

Last edited:
*Limps into the new inn and and without even stopping at the bar heads back to the darkest corner to curl into a little ball and pull a blanket over head.*

Frowns and puts a pillow under Uggg's head and gives a little tuck in.

Sleep it off. I've had those days. :rose:

*shuffles the comfy chair into the new sunbeam and settles in with the teapot and a bottle of Whisky*

Hi all.

I actually feel like a Military Wife right now because the Lions/Lionesses are preparing to be deployed to ******* and at the same time Rick & Tom will be sent to #######. Will feel really strange waving Rick off while I stay at home. But it’s only for a year. Once I’m back on duty Mum (my Mother) and or Mom (Rick’s Mother) will care for Big L whenever I’m deployed.

CG, I’m working on getting permission for Robyn to be allowed to respond to your request. Will be one of my last acts as her senior officer. By the time I return to duty she will have her commission and then in about five years time I’ll be calling her ‘Ma’m’.

Oh look, a shiny new incarnation of the Inn. Still looks and smells like home.

*smiles and makes herself cosy*

So I had a nice long week with Badger and that was grand, but now I'm quite the sick one. So I'm off work and on antibiotics until further notice.

Hope you've all been keeping well. I could use a shot of fine whiskey and something warm to put it in.

Hi Robyn! I saw you started writing with CG. I hope you don't mind if I read it. I have kind of been wanting to write with one of you ladies but I know you have such limited time and lately I am around so infrequently because of me starting my new business and such there hasn't been a good time to bring up ideas. So this is the next best thing. Either way, I'm glad!

That explains a few things. Wait, aren't sailors supposed to be able to navigate well?

CG is your sextant broken?

Have you started a new business? Well good for you! What's it about, if I may ask? You don't have to go into detail, of course. I hope it works out for you. *huge hugs*

*looks over to the blanket and frowns, wondering out loud if there was anything she could do to entice him out of the frowny-poutys* :devil: :kiss:

Your wish is my command Shiva ;)

I slide over a nice 21 year old single malt whiskey.

To your health Shiva.

As I add perhaps more than just a splash to my morning coffee.

Hi CG, Robyn, SF, Kama and the others! Hope all is treating you well. What's new on this fine late autumn day?

Your wish is my command Shiva ;)

I slide over a nice 21 year old single malt whiskey.

To your health Shiva.

As I add perhaps more than just a splash to my morning coffee.

*Lifting up a glass*

Sláinte mhaith!

*taking a careful sip as to not agitate her already destroyed lymph nodes*

The elf finally wanders in. "Well I found it... woo it's cold out there." He takes a seat on one of the couches and yawns. "So tired today..."

Hi Glad. How's life been treating you lately? Seems a while since we chatted last.

red_panda-600.jpg

OMFG!

*squeals and nearly drops her glass as she jumped up and down in glee*

What the heck is that and where do I get one?!

Hi CG, Robyn, SF, Kama and the others! Hope all is treating you well. What's new on this fine late autumn day?

Morning Shiva, sorry your feeling poor, hope the whiskey is helping. I cracked open some of my expensive crown last night for a few drinks. The $150 bottle of Canadian whiskey doesn't get drank too quickly :D

OMFG!

*squeals and nearly drops her glass as she jumped up and down in glee*

What the heck is that and where do I get one?!

Well this one I captured in the wilds of the forums. But they are called Red Pandas and they live in the Himalayas and China. They are somewhat rare these days. But large zoo's will usually have a breeding pair.

*Lifting up a glass*

Sláinte mhaith!

*taking a careful sip as to not agitate her already destroyed lymph nodes*

You might add a little honey and lemon to that shot of whiskey next time Shiva as vitamin C seems to ease the effects of a cold. ;)

I am doing well Miss. I have the closing on the new house this Thursday or Friday waiting for the final details to sort themselves out.

Morning Shiva, sorry your feeling poor, hope the whiskey is helping. I cracked open some of my expensive crown last night for a few drinks. The $150 bottle of Canadian whiskey doesn't get drank too quickly :D

Hey there, Kama. It's okay, I'll get to feeling better soon enough.

Oh I gotcha there! I have a nice bottle of Jura that I'm saving for special occasions, myself.

Well this one I captured in the wilds of the forums. But they are called Red Pandas and they live in the Himalayas and China. They are somewhat rare these days. But large zoo's will usually have a breeding pair.

So what you're saying is that I'll need to infiltrate the nearest zoo...

I... I can actually do that! -- when I'm better ofc ;)

I haven't seen Gaelic written in a very long time. It does my heart good to see the old language used.

It's a fun language, but I don't know a lot of it. I didn't learn nearly as much as I would have liked when I lived there.

You might add a little honey and lemon to that shot of whiskey next time Shiva as vitamin C seems to ease the effects of a cold. ;)

I am doing well Miss. I have the closing on the new house this Thursday or Friday waiting for the final details to sort themselves out.

Well then, top me up with your special remedy! I could use all the ease I can get right now.

I tried to eat a little something about 10 minutes ago and am literally writhing in pain at my desk as I try to digest. This is bad. Very bad.

But glad to hear about your house closing. You'll have it sorted in no time at all.

It's a fun language, but I don't know a lot of it. I didn't learn nearly as much as I would have liked when I lived there.

I've learned a bit here and there, not enough to even be called an amateur, but I recognize it when I see it at this point.

I've learned a bit here and there, not enough to even be called an amateur, but I recognize it when I see it at this point.

Maybe you could take an online course? There are smartphone apps and stuff for free as well. Any kind of practise is better than none. When I was learning my second language, I had to go to school for it full time and in my off time, used a few different websites to get a good understanding. I'd like to say I'm pretty fluent now.

Maybe you could take an online course? There are smartphone apps and stuff for free as well. Any kind of practise is better than none. When I was learning my second language, I had to go to school for it full time and in my off time, used a few different websites to get a good understanding. I'd like to say I'm pretty fluent now.

I have many talents, but languages has not been one of them. I grew up with a speech impediment and then add on my southern slang and then a very under educated family, my ability to learn new languages has been stunted.

I can learn to understand languages I don't know, but speaking them is almost impossible for me.

Back