The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I sold it. I'll get another after the garage is rewired for 220V to run the big stuff.

My storage building is 10X20 and only had 110 run in the air. I'm in the process of running 220 underground to the new 18X20 shop now attached to the storage building. With all the rain, it's slow going waiting for the water to go down in the ditches.

My storage building is 10X20 and only had 110 run in the air. I'm in the process of running 220 underground to the new 18X20 shop now attached to the storage building. With all the rain, it's slow going waiting for the water to go down in the ditches.

Do you guys use circuit breakers on 220 or fuses ?

Do you guys use circuit breakers on 220 or fuses ?

Circuit breakers on everything, 110 and 220. I even have them on the 12v stuff.

All of my lighting for the shop, the storage room, the garage, and the carport will be 12v LED. I'm even using 12v LED lights for the outside lights with daylight/darkness sensors.

Last edited:
Circuit breakers on everything, 110 and 220. I even have them on the 12v stuff.

All of my lighting for the shop, the storage room, the garage, and the carport will be 12v LED. I'm even using 12v LED lights for the outside lights with daylight/darkness sensors.

I have halogen lamps in the shed, Compact Fluorescents in the outside fittings.
and 24v halogens in the shack!
:)

I have halogen lamps in the shed, Compact Fluorescents in the outside fittings.
and 24v halogens in the shack!

The newer LEDs have much better light output than the older stuff. Plus they come in multi light packs for the different areas. Not to mention they have extremely long life and low power usage. Since I'm more or less starting from scratch, they are the best option in my opinion.

The newer LEDs have much better light output than the older stuff. Plus they come in multi light packs for the different areas. Not to mention they have extremely long life and low power usage. Since I'm more or less starting from scratch, they are the best option in my opinion.

Sounds good.
If you let me have a pointer I'll see what happens at the next maintenance period. . .

I replaced the obsolete lighting in the house here with LED's. They're great I'll eventually do the same in Portland, starting with the garage.

I replaced the obsolete lighting in the house here with LED's. They're great I'll eventually do the same in Portland, starting with the garage.

What 'colour' LEDs, Bear ?
We have an interesting, but cooler, "Warm white" while the truly efficient ones are that signally cold blue/white which is not easy to work under.

Preferably I'll install 'full spectrum' LED's. I have a modest problem with SADS anyway so a full spectrum light set-up in the entire house and more vitamin D will keep me relaxed and happy. The entire house is lit with ceiling floods. Those are easy to find in full spectrum. The LED's I've heard exist but I haven't been hunting for them yet.

Preferably I'll install 'full spectrum' LED's. I have a modest problem with SADS anyway so a full spectrum light set-up in the entire house and more vitamin D will keep me relaxed and happy. The entire house is lit with ceiling floods. Those are easy to find in full spectrum. The LED's I've heard exist but I haven't been hunting for them yet.

Do please let me know how you get on with it

Would someone please explain the title of "Ranger", as in Texas Ranger or Arizona Ranger. I appreciate their place in history, but, given a modern police force and a Sheriff, what the 'eck does a Ranger do?
Or don't they have 'em these days?

Reason for asking; our TV has recently been hit by 'Walker, Texas Ranger'. I cannot see Chuck Norris being awarded an Oscar or similar, but it fills the time.

The forest/park rangers are the uniformed services in national and state parks. Some of them are guides, some police, some scientific support. The Texas Rangers are the Texas state police. Today despite the 'romance' they don't differ much from other state law enforcement bodies thought they do have bigger hats.

The forest/park rangers are the uniformed services in national and state parks. Some of them are guides, some police, some scientific support. The Texas Rangers are the Texas state police. Today despite the 'romance' they don't differ much from other state law enforcement bodies thought they do have bigger hats.

Actually, the Texas Rangers are the top cops in Texas. They work directly for or through the governors office. Back in the old days they were the state police. Now they coordinate between local and state law enforcement. They also investigate corruption within the government and state law enforcement agencies.

"Walker, Texas ranger" is the TV version of Chuck Norris's Ranger movies from years ago. All flash and fiction with very little fact.

Actually, the Texas Rangers are the top cops in Texas. They work directly for or through the governors office. Back in the old days they were the state police. Now they coordinate between local and state law enforcement. They also investigate corruption within the government and state law enforcement agencies.

"Walker, Texas ranger" is the TV version of Chuck Norris's Ranger movies from years ago. All flash and fiction with very little fact.

Does this apply to other states as well?
Arizona comes to mind.

I'm not aware of any other state that uses the term. There may be but they don't get the media play that Texas does. :D

The poor princess is miserable. Flu has struck the school and she's feeling rough. She was in tears tonight when she went for the Lady Grey tea and remembered it's all gone. Poor baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back