TSCLT 6.0: Hemi Bacon Intensive Care Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about over the whole scope thing. There is a blizzard of reticles out there. Some of them border on the ridiculous. So much reticle you can't see the target like this one;

H02_Reticle-556x600-e1464872808387.jpg

So I've decided to get a reticle more along this line;

vhs-4315-lr-vortex-optics-vhs-4315-lr-viper-hs-lr-6-24x50mm-ffp-rifle-scope-xlr-reticle-10.jpg

Enough information to do range estimation and windage adjustments without too much clutter. I've also decided on a 4x24 magnification. 5x25 is too much on both the high and low end. And I'm going to go with an illuminated reticle. I intend to use the scope for hunting as well and reticles can get lost in dawn/dusk lighting conditions. I'll also be going with front focal plane reticle also based on range estimation properties and consequent hold over.

That leaves me with two remaining decisions. MilDot or MOA and which brand?

Morning folks,
Y'all been busy and I have alot of catchin up to do.

I'll drink my coffee first, though.

Morning, wat. :rose:

I'm currently listening to the rain on my roof, wondering if it's worth it to slip out of bed. Since I have my dog curled up next to me, there is little incentive.

Good morning!!! Have we met? See if you can convince the dog to bring you coffee. The cats refuse to cooperate.

It's a beautiful weapon. It's a lot easier to fire than a regular shotgun, even though it's still spray and pray.

Well, I'm ready for a movie and a nap.

I can imagine jacking #4 buck at something 25 yards away. That would be its purpose. Kinda like a zombie gun.

Hey, you guys wanna help me buy a new car?

I want a compact with awesome suspension and low road noise. Reverse cameras, blind spot notification, hands free, cruise control; all those modern safety things. Automatic.

No fucking european imports. The gas refill opening must be on the left side of car or gtfo! No proprietary oil changes and maintenance services.

Good gas mileage.

If I were to buy a car these daze, the two I would look at are the Chrysler 200 ragtop or a Civic. I know almost fuck-all about the 200 but I'm irrationally a Mopar guy, so it gets a look/see regardless. A (former - she threw a cunt-stunt) friend bought a Civic last year, and it's a nice car. Not as compact as they used to be, but it's what passes for compact any more, I suppose. It ain't European. I don't know of anyone who has had a lemon Honda, and there are zillions of stories about how they last forever. Toyotas, too, on the tales, but mine weren't quite so bullet-proof. I have said for years that my next Toyota will be a Honda.

I'm not sure where the filler pipe is on either ride, but I'd guess the Chrysler is left-side fill.

I'm about over the whole scope thing. There is a blizzard of reticles out there. Some of them border on the ridiculous. So much reticle you can't see the target like this one;

So I've decided to get a reticle more along this line;

Enough information to do range estimation and windage adjustments without too much clutter. I've also decided on a 4x24 magnification. 5x25 is too much on both the high and low end. And I'm going to go with an illuminated reticle. I intend to use the scope for hunting as well and reticles can get lost in dawn/dusk lighting conditions. I'll also be going with front focal plane reticle also based on range estimation properties and consequent hold over.

That leaves me with two remaining decisions. MilDot or MOA and which brand?

Keep me posted. I may do the lazy shopping approach - let you do it.

Not to fear, I'll put it out there that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

tumblr_n3u6bkMOZY1si5vi6o1_1280.jpg

Morning folks,
Y'all been busy and I have alot of catchin up to do.

I'll drink my coffee first, though.

Breakfast was yestiddy, an' ye cou'd'nt be arsed, I see.

Ya wan' it today, cook it yehse'f.

:D

Happy Sunday!!!

tumblr_oaev43Ty2V1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg

Hey, you guys wanna help me buy a new car?

I want a compact with awesome suspension and low road noise. Reverse cameras, blind spot notification, hands free, cruise control; all those modern safety things. Automatic.

No fucking european imports. The gas refill opening must be on the left side of car or gtfo! No proprietary oil changes and maintenance services.

Good gas mileage.

Thought about "crowd funding?" :D

If I were to buy a car these daze, the two I would look at are the Chrysler 200 ragtop or a Civic. I know almost fuck-all about the 200 but I'm irrationally a Mopar guy, so it gets a look/see regardless. A (former - she threw a cunt-stunt) friend bought a Civic last year, and it's a nice car. Not as compact as they used to be, but it's what passes for compact any more, I suppose. It ain't European. I don't know of anyone who has had a lemon Honda, and there are zillions of stories about how they last forever. Toyotas, too, on the tales, but mine weren't quite so bullet-proof. I have said for years that my next Toyota will be a Honda.

I'm not sure where the filler pipe is on either ride, but I'd guess the Chrysler is left-side fill.

I positive Toyota is on the left. I've been checking toyota out because I learned, from one of the TSCLT threads here, that they win the kelly blue book awards all the time.

I'll check out Chrysler and Honda, too.

Thought about "crowd funding?" :D

Awwww, seriously? What do i have to give up to get a compact with awesome suspension and low road noise? Good gas mileage?

Good morning!!! Have we met? See if you can convince the dog to bring you coffee. The cats refuse to cooperate.

Not in this incarnation, but I don't know if I'll ever get back into the yossi account. And the dog is too small to reach the coffee pot. Gonna need to invest in some steps.

Breakfast was yestiddy, an' ye cou'd'nt be arsed, I see.

Ya wan' it today, cook it yehse'f.

:D

Happy Sunday!!!

When I clicked the link,I got a 404, so I assumed it was either Wat trickery at play, or I had missed breaky. I know how some of you fancy folks like to clear the table away and us stragglers are just left to our own devices. So, I deviced a plan of my own :)

Not in this incarnation, but I don't know if I'll ever get back into the yossi account. And the dog is too small to reach the coffee pot. Gonna need to invest in some steps.

Oh, it's you!!!

Delighted to see/"hear" from you.

I'm sure I still have some of yossi's avvies in the other computer, you know, the ones I used to borrow and terrorize the blurt girl crowd with. Like when they'd reply and discover it was . . . Wat!!! Oh, for the love of Allah . . . . Oh, Teh H000manity!!!

Hope you had a glorious T-giving and that the upcoming holidaze are good for you, too.

When I clicked the link,I got a 404, so I assumed it was either Wat trickery at play, or I had missed breaky. I know how some of you fancy folks like to clear the table away and us stragglers are just left to our own devices. So, I deviced a plan of my own :)

Found some b'ar bacon, did you?

I like the elk-n-b'ar chili idea.

Not that I know a damned thing about prepping the meat, but I kin l'arn.

It can't be any harder than weasel casseroles . . . .

tumblr_m87ku0tX3W1qz9aigo1_1280.jpg

I positive Toyota is on the left. I've been checking toyota out because I learned, from one of the TSCLT threads here, that they win the kelly blue book awards all the time.

I'll check out Chrysler and Honda, too.

My work car (masquerading as a light-duty pick-'em-up truck) is a 2013 Corolla. Yes, the gas gizmo is on the left and the lock lever is on the floor under the driver's seat next to the door.

This one has 169K miles and needs front brakes because the rotors have warped and front tires because they have cupped. I don't think either is a knock on the car per se. Just falls under the heading of shit happens.

My old Toyotas both had CFs - catastrophic failures. That's where you go from road rubber to shoe leather in one fell swoop, like getting creamed by a semi only it's the car what done tooken its final shit, and it's on your head.

My next Toyota will be a Honda . . . .

1411800435_4.jpg

Heya Yossi, WB

Geez Sam, I'm sure you can think of something. Maybe a good "Queen for a Day" sob story. I know little to nothing about little cars so no help from me there. But like Wat, I'd pitch in a Jackson.

Geez Sam, I'm sure you can think of something. Maybe a good "Queen for a Day" sob story. I know little to nothing about little cars so no help from me there. But like Wat, I'd pitch in a Jackson.

Ooooo, I see, there was some confusion. I'm not asking for financial help to buy the car!!

I thought you were saying I'd have to invent the car I wanted, through crowd funding, because it doesn't exist.

Ooooo, I see, there was some confusion. I'm not asking for financial help to buy the car!!

I thought you were saying I'd have to invent the car I wanted, through crowd funding, because it doesn't exist.

I know, but what the hell it's worth a shot. :)

It's a GofundLibsam.

Which would rhyme with "scam" behind it.

I think Civics come in 2-doors, too, if you want one. I think they also have a performance package.

Even with that, if you keep your foot out of it, it should still get 35MPG on the road, at least.

tumblr_o3b78nvlq81ud3trvo1_1280.jpg

omg, the Honda website has a care bear on it!!

xCRHi8r.jpg

It's kismet!!!

I'm having some leftover chili for brunch/breakfast-really, and I'm so glad that I had just swallowed or I'd be cleaning a mouthful off the craptop right now.

Laugh du jour, as it were.

So, you now have the Word of Allah and you must do his will, for his mercies are boundless and his blessings neverending.

You must follow it like the cat must follow the laser-pointer . . . .

1403032__tumblr_o77wxmqcDE1tssx99o1_1280.jpg

Libsam, I'm of no help car hunting as I figure what would suit my needs in transportation would be completely useless to you . I can only wish you Good Luck.

I think we should pool all our hunting, curing, and cooking knowledge (I know, a revolutionary idea in modern times, this working together blasphemy of which I speak) and come up with an outstanding b'ar n elk chili recipe.

I recommend using Consumer Reports to check out cars, they tend to be really thorough in their reviews.

I spent yesterday precooking bacon and other foods for the freezer, and by the time all the cooking and cleaning was done I was too tired for anything else. Today is just a bit of housework and some rest. And catching up on my forums of course :)

It goes without saying that if you're making chili you need Chile, red Chile. So let's start with this;

Chimayo Red. Mild

I prefer the hot, it has more flavor.

Chimayo Red. Hot

Chimayo is a heirloom Chile and the best of the reds.

As far as B'ar goes I've only had Black Bear and I have a preference for Spring bear. Maybe Thor can jump in with some perspective re. Polar, Brown, and Griz. Somehow I think that Polar and Browns, especially after the Salmon run, might be like adding fish sauce to the chili but I'll let Thor opine on that.

Elk is Elk, the flavor depends on how good the mast was that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back