Tigrans' Revenge IC

Jonz sat in silence as the statue entered the city, the head constantly moving about, looking for danger and if a demon was stupid enough to show itself, the huge paws made small work of them. "You're not a talker like the other meat creatures." The statue had a gravelly voice and Jonz had to grin at the words, "Hardly ever have anything to say. You have a name?" Another paw swipe splattered three shadow demons against a building, "Never needed one."

In the street joining the one they traveled, three Tigrans came running by, pursued by a hideously large creature, Jonz knew them as Transformers. They transformed their victims into demons, as the statue was mid-stride and the creature came at them in what seemed to be an attack, the statue lashed out with his mouth, biting the creature's head and ripping a part off, lashing in again to finish the job. The creature fell into the street, quivers running through its body, "Well then, Stonefang it is." A rumble sounded from inside the statue, "I can live with that."

As they neared the plaza, another group of demons swarmed towards a broken platform, Stonefang stomped on them. Then from the ruins of the platform came two Tigrans, of course Jonz froze as he saw the powerful snake body wrapped around them. Naga. His blood froze, he didn't have the willpower to kill a Naga and this one was attacking the Tigrans. As big as he was, with all the power and magic he had, his primal fear of the big snakes and Nagas froze him in place, almost like getting petrified.

The upper body came into view, she was quite a pretty woman even in human standards. But Jonz could only see those eyes and the snake body, then it occurred to him that the two Tigrans was not harmed, they were in fact fighting with the Naga. The platform imploded, crushing down on shadow demons coming from under it. It was then that the Transformer creature came from it's hiding place between two buildings, going straight for the Naga. Clearly the Naga was the last defense the two Tigrans had, she turned as the creature came upon her, it's maw open and ready to swallow the Naga and most likely the two Tigrans as well.

There was no time, Stonefang could not reach the creature in time, there was nobody else. Once more it came down to Jonz...time seemed to slow down, the creature moved in for the kill as Stonefang started forward, the two Tigrans freeing themselves to attack the creature...fire erupted inside the creature's mouth. It reeled back, screaming in pain, Jonz lowered his arm and watched in grim satisfaction as the Transformer tried to escape the flames which burned inside of it. Slowly the creature's movements slowed, it crashed down to the ground and spasmed as its life burned away inside of it.
 
Draxx

Draxx could not believe they had convinced him to get on Venar-Surr and fly. He was a creature of the land and swamps, not a bird! He did not belong up here. Only the chance to crush more shadow demons had finally convinced him to do this foolish thing. He was always willing to fight those foul things and this was proof of just how far he was willing to go.

He didn't know what Nas was complaining about anyway. He only had to carry a regular sized Human wizard. Venar-surr was carrying him, a seven and a half foot, heavily muscled and naturally armored lizardman warrior. He had scales which although not as tough as the dragon he was riding on were very similar. Plus he carried his famous two handed saw tooth battle axe. It had taken many shadow man and their allies lives and he was hoping to add many more to the list.

"I will be glad once I am back on solid ground and doing what I do best, killing shadow beasts," Roared Draxx in answer to Ardel's question. He leaned forward over Venar-surrs neck and tried to make himself comfortable. He wasn't sure how much longer they had but he wanted to be ready for when they got there so he could begin fighting straight away.
 
Jola meets Jonz

“What in the serpent’s hell just happened?” Jola asked as the massive harvester twitched and then died before her eyes.

King Goldenmane put an arm around the Naga's shoulder and turned her towards the draconian high above them riding a huge stone lion statue.

“That is what happened … the draconian cast a fire spell inside the harvester. Clever idea actually … I have never seen it done before. Draconians have a reputation of fierce fighters, and it is well deserved.” The King explained.

The giant stone paw of the statue came over to where Gilly, Jola and the King stood.

“Please get on Sire … a top my head is the safest place in this city” The statue informed the King

Gilly, Jola and the King got on and the paw came up to the statue’s head, where they all got off. The draconian looked … well it was hard to say … but maybe worried or scared was the best description as his eyes seemed to stay focused on the Naga. The stone statue moved on seeming to kill harvesters and shadow demons without instruction.

“Draconian Warrior … I’m King Leo Goldenmane … thank you for the rescue.” The king said. Then he realized he did not know any of the people he was with. Jola saw the King's embarrassment and stepped in.

“I’m Jola, ambassador from the Naga nation. and this is Gilly, we are part of the tigran resistance” Jola explained. She was smiling toward the Draconian warrior, but the warrior was busy watching her snake tail as it coil and uncoiling around things, her snake body twisted on itself. This was a nervous habit for Nagas, and it made most other creatures uneasy. So she forced her tail to lay still. This seemed to help as the draconian looked into her eyes and was ready to speak.
 
"My name is Jonz." He still eyed the Naga, sure, she was friendly and an ally in this strange battle, but that did not still the fear inside of him. A Draconian never admitted to fear, never showed it, but still his insides quivered and a coldness gripped his entire body. "I am a mercenary, two Tigrans happened upon me after a group of Flyers attacked me. They explained that they were on a mission for the queen and I have escorted them since." He was talking to the Naga body, it lay still, but Jonz knew how easily it could strike, "One of the Tigrans is atop the other statue, her sister and the wizard was outside the West gate when we entered."

Jonz had nowhere to go and his hand cleched into a fist, it was clear that he was fighting his fear, problem was that it seemed like it might lead to an attack on Jola. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, releasing it after a while, opening his eyes, he relaxed his body, feeling the fear slowly seep out of him. His gaze finally met Jola's eyes, "I had a bad experience during a battle with a trio of Nagas. I will be honest and say that your kind strikes fear into me after that day." He gave her a small grin, "You're a lovely Naga and I will be honored to fight next to you." He turned to the king and bowed (quite hard to do on a moving statue) "Sire, my sword is already in your cause, I will not rest until this is done." He looked at Gilly and nodded, "Good to meet you Gilly." He turned his gaze towards the battle or was it slaughter of the demons.
 
General Scar

Scar strode to the window to see what Felina and Fawn were going on about, gazing out upon a scene the huge Worgen couldn't believe his eye. Just as it was reported to him there we're two great stone lions with riders, they were wreaking havoc amongst the bugs even a Harvester. Leaning out the buildings window Scar let out a thunderous roar while brandishing his massive Claymore. ''Aye gae tha bugs hell ye stoneh pussy cats!

Pulling himself back into the window with a fire burning in his blue eye, with a wolfish grin he rattled off a orders. "Tell ye fastest Tigran runnehs tae tell meh Claws tae flank tha lions...cut down any of tha retreatin Bug scum!'' Turning to a nearby table with the city map unrolled upon it to study it closely. ''We hae chook paints ere...ere an ere..bring tha rear archers around along tha walls. Rumbling a deep chuckle he taps a clawed index finger against the map. ''Aye...be like shootin fishes in a barrel!

Fawn let Jola an the wee lass Gilly knoow of my battle plans..so they can take advantage of it. Looking up at the girl standing there with a proud smile on her pretty face Scar barks sharply. ''Nae git ye arse ta moovin kitteh!'' His stern look lit a fire under her feet as if the Devil himself held a torch of hellfire, chuckling mischievously as she jumped at his barked order and stern look.

Scar turned back to the window with snarl, he dove through it plummeting toward the cobblestones below. Turning his body in midair to right himself to bounce off a large awning, this wouldn't slow the Worgen down only break his fall. Bouncing off the awning hurled him into the air once more, to drop the remaining twenty feet to the street with Claymore in hand. Right about that time a squad of fifteen Bugs, with an enraged howl of defiance Scar charged into his enemies.

With mighty slashing strikes of sword and dagger, still unknowing that Isis lived he was merciless as heads, limbs, intestines and blood littered the street. Breathing heavily amidst a large pile of butchered bugs, splattered in blood with eye blazing with hatred of the injustice of this war. In the next moment Scar leaps from pile of bodies, to sprint down the cobblestones street to join the Tigran front line.

''ALRIGHT YE CATS LETS SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!
 
Last edited:
''SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!”

Felina and Fawn looked at each other in complete puzzlement as Scar leapt out the window.

“I thought generals fought battles from their command posts?” Felina commented to Fawn as Scar landed in the street and proceeded to smash through the 15 shadow demons like they were made from butter.

A big smile spread across Fawn’s lips “Sometimes General’s lead … by being in front. LET GO!”

Fawn leapt out of the window and was quickly followed by Felina, both using the awnings as Scar had done to slow their falls.

''ALRIGHT YE CATS LETS SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!”

It became the battle cry that changed the course of the conflict.


Tigrans everywhere in the market quarter said it. None of them got the accent right … there was a lot of “FUUKIN BUGS” or “YOU CATS”, even one or two “YO CATS”. Some shortened it to it “SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL” but it did not matter. The tigran understood the meaning. Attack … throw caution to the wind … and attack with every fiber of your being. Do not stop until ALL the bugs are dead. Attack until your arms can no longer lift your sword. Liberate this part of the city of the scum that had invaded it.

The effect of General Scar’s order could be seen that evening. The carnage was everywhere. Dead bugs were all over the western part of the city. The battle to protect the Market quarter expanded to the banker’s quarter. The poorer Tigrans and Non-Tigran took up the call to “SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL!” The shadow demons could not retreat or get reinforcements as both bridges across the river had been blown. They soon were being attack on two fronts from the Banker’s quarter and the Market Quarter. The massive stone lions crushed major defensive positions.

One of the statues had the Tigran King on top of the rock monster! Leo Goldenmane, King of the Tigrans, hero of the orc wars, his thick golden lion’s mane blowing in the wind. The statue had let down its other passengers (Jonz, Gilly, and Jola) earlier, to help in the house to house fighting.

He called out to the citizens “REMEMBER TIGRAN HONOR … TIGRAN COURAGE …NOW WE WILL SHOW THE DEMONS WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN … HOW TIGRANS CAN NOT BE ENSLAVED IF WE FOLLOW THESE PRINCIPALS!!”

General Scar was equally inspirational. He fought in the toughest battles … he fought with a passion and zeal that was stunning to watch. There was a glow in his eye … a terrible glow … a deep fire of revenge for some terrible thing these demons had done to him. There was just no stopping him … occasionally some troops would hear him whisper after killing another demon “that was for Isis”

There was one other on the battle field that also caused even her allied tigran fighters to run in fear. Jola, the Naga, fought not only to kill the demons … but to make them suffer before dying. Both of her eyes … with that same terrible light … she was seeking revenge. The “revenge” demon was inside her! And it was more terrible and frightening than any shadow demon. Shadow demons just ran away from her when they saw her coming. They became easy targets for a rogue Halfling dancing over the roof tops on the buildings. Jola was so possessed by the revenge inside her … one demon she caught she literally pull off all its limbs … like one would do to some insect. She laughed with glee at the pain and fear she caused in the demons. She did not whisper anything afterwards, she SCREAMED at the demons “THIS FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ARDEL … MY FRIEND! NOW CALL FOR DEMON LORD MASTERS … I WANT TO PULL THEIR LIMBS OFF TOO!!!!”

There was one other possible turning point in the battle. The demons on the other side of the river saw the undefended banks as all Tigran Talons had been sent to the front lines. The demon gathered up all the boats on their side of the river. 20 in all and manned the boats to over flowing with a large reinforcement unit. The idea was to attack the tigran from behind. This some fleet of boats started to make its way across the river. There were only two resistance fighters that saw the fleet coming. The large Draconian Jonz, who had headed in the opposite direction of the Naga after reaching the ground and Sanura who followed the draconian like a puppy dog everywhere he went.

“Boats full of demons!” Sanura said to Jonz, barely seeing the boats in the gloom and darkness of swirling dark clouds overhead.
 
Jonz

He looked out over the water as Sanura turned his attention to them, sure enough there upon the cold of the water was the heat signs of the bugs, "Good work Sanura." He faced the water and lowered his head, there was fire nearby, fire which suddenly started to grow brighter. It was a burning house and to all it seemed like the fire had found an additional fuel source inside the house. Some of the shadow demons looked at the fire and then a strange thing happened. The fire lifted from the building, splitting into two and then it formed into two huge hands of fire.

Jonz now had lifted his head and had raised his clenched fists up to chest-level, with a wicked smile, he opened his hands and the fire which seemed to float in the air did the same. "Let's see if you can swim." he thrust his hands forward and the fire streamed out over the water, remaining half a foot above the water, the boats and bugs all erupted into flame as the wave of fire washed over them, the wind pushed out in front of the flames cleared the smog of burning buildings, lighted the darkness and found new targets. The fire came to a halt when the last of the boats was burning and the bugs on them was not very much alive either.

He flicked his hands and looked at Sanura, "Let's go." He draw his huge sword and went off looking for more demons to kill, leaving the burning boats and bugs behind, not even those who managed to jump into the water could quell the flames fast enough to safe themselves. It was a failed attack...another failed attack.
 
Half the city of Ardalis was littered with weapons, demon bodies and gore. But that part of the city was liberated … The Tigran flag was flying from every building still standing. The once peaceful city known for its pottery … that had been invaded by demons was now ready for its revenge.

The air was filled with the sound was an army, a resistance army, getting ready for battle. Those tigran with no weapons were picking up demon ones and sharping them. Others were making arrows and stringing bows, even a few tigrans were looking for tigers to ride on into battle. Siege weapons were being made, including two rams and two catapults.

The army of resistance fighters all had one question, how were they going to get across the river. The dead of the tigran were scattered across this part of the city and the faces of the fighters were grim, but they would fight for the liberation of the entire city. The victory on this side of the river gave everyone new hope and strength. Some slept succumbed by fatigue, but when the time came they would fight. They would fight to end the terror in their city.

From the outside the Traven looked cheerful and homey. Two soft wood trees stood by the entrance of the sandstone building structure. It was impossible to see through the closed windows, but there was something important going on inside, everyone outside could feel it.

Inside the drinking place among the stone beams which supported the upper floor and the lanterns that hung from them were large round tables. The only people in the place were the ones at one of the round tables. It was all the leadership of the resistance movement, King Goldenmane, Felina, Fawn, Tia, Pearl, Jola, Gilly, Jonz, Aziza, Sanura, Capt’n Bones, Baban Tylos and Capt Throgram ... the only person missing was General Scar. Laid out on the table was a map of the city. Everyone had been explaining to the king what had happened and where the enemy forces were, their size.

King finally held up his hand. “Enough … this is all well and good … but we must get across the river to attack. How do we do that quickly?” He asked

Fawn was the first to speak “We build wooden assault bridges … move them into place over the gaps in the bridges … and march our army across” She suggested

The King shook his head “I don’t think that will work … we’d need to secure the opposite side first. And getting a big enough team over there would be tricky” He countered.

“I’ll do it … the more of those FUCKING BUGS I kill the BETTER I like it.” Jola offered.

“Too risky ” the king said said "another idea" He asked

“What about magic … we blew the bridges using it … can they be restored with magic?” The busty white tigran Felina asked Baban Tylos. The mage straightened his glasses.

“No … I know of no spell that could help us with that.” The mage answered.

“Flying spell?” Felina asked

“No sorry … not for an entire army” Baban answered.

Just then, the large heavy door of the Traven was pulled open and General Scar entered the room. His body was covered in Demon gore, his great sword had clips in it, and his helm had dents, but there was a big grin on his face. Like some kid that had gotten permission to play in the mud.

“King Goldenmane … this is the general I told you about … General Scar” Felina said. The King stood up and walked over to Scar to greet him.
 
Last edited:
The Shadow Demon Commander

The Shadow Demon Commander was laughing. Sub-commander Irkla did not understand.

“Sir … they have taken back half the city, the king is freed and alive, they have huge stone statues ... why are you laughing?” the hideous floating brain bug asked.

“Because the fools have blown the bridges, there is no way for them to retake the portal now!” The Shadow Demon Commander laughed even harder.

When it finally stopped laughing, it looked at the sub-commander in a new horrible and sinister way. “Prepare the opening spell … it is time to end this!” The commander ordered.

The sub-commander saluted “Sir it shall be done!” and left the chamber.
 
General Scar

Removing his battered helm he'd had momentarily put on to headbutt a huge bug Commander into oblivion, having forgot he wore it. Scar tosses it aside to land the corner with a loud clatter of steel against stone. Wiping the massive Claymore free of bug blood and gore with the bug Commanders tunic before sheathing it. His huge paw like hand shot out to grasp Goldenmanes own huge paw like hand in a powerful handshake. ''Aye tha would be yoors truly King Goldenmane...pleased tah see yoor still alive and scratching yoor Majesty.''

Releasing the kings hand Scar reached out to chuck Fawn under the chin. ''Imma neigh aboot tae die of thirst Lass...mind fetchin a ol' wolf an ale befoor I doo?'' Picking up a chair to flip it around backward he seated himself with a grunt, began to remove his gore spattered spiked gauntlets and places them on the floor. ''Bye tha look of at map...ye have troouble wit a bridge. Looking as if he had thought of an alternative to their plans, as Fawn brought Scar the ale he'd asked for his powerful arm encircles her waist. ''We can ask tha mighty stone poosycats to be tha bridge...problem solved without lifting a finger.''
 
Last edited:
Gilly speaks up!

"Excuse me General Scar, but there are too many of us to ride on the back of the statues, but I do know another way that the rest can take. The smugglers tunnels. They go under the river and come out the other side." Gilly explained.

"Gilly, don't they just go to the island?" asked Felina.

"No, we took the one that went to the island. There was a spot in the tunnel that split off, we took the one to the right which goes to the island, the one on the left goes completely across the river." Gilly stated. "I would suggest the soldiers and all of you go on the statues and I will lead the people under the river. They won't think we have as many fighters until we come out from the tunnel! I just want to do one thing before we go, I want to go through it and make sure the exit isn't blocked off."

"You can't go alone, I will go with you!" exclaimed Felina.

"I'm sorry Felina, but you have to stay here, but I could use someone who could possibly move or break a few boulders if the other side is blocked. We would need to do it quietly so they wouldn't know we were there. How you break boulders quietly is beyond me. Anyone have any ideas?" Gilly asked.
 
Jonz

"If the tunnels are big enough, I can go along. When you heat rock enough it becomes brittle, easier to break. Also what of those scrolls you used on the bridges? Surely they could work as well?"

Of course Jonz was not present at the destruction of the bridges, but he had heard how it had been done.

"And it will be a tad better to have a fire-wielding Draconian along if you get discovered."
 
General Scar

Tha Bugs continue tah underestimate oour forces..this will look as if oour ranks are a thinnin. They think we're clueless bout what's comin through tha portal...mah hackles are with what mah instincts tell me. But we will win this war and send tha bugs back to hell...if we don't oour world will come to a end. I won't allow that to happen and I know none of yoou will either. When oour forces are crossin tha lion bridge..once your forces exit tha tunnels they must spread out quickly and stealthily. The Bugs will send every thing they have after the battle today..there positions must be taken out silently during the night. Gilly this sounds like a good plan tah me wee Lass..give em hell!
 
Last edited:
Pearl spoke up “So one stone lion will stand upon the other’s back to restore the bridge? Won’t the stone lion on the bottom drown?” She asked in concern.

Baban Tylos jumps in “No … they are rock spirits, they can’t drown. Someone will need to talk them into this plan however, they are free spirits now. I think Aziza and I can convince them.” He explained.

King Goldenmane shook his great mane in amazement. “You are all MOST clever. No wonder the resistance movement has been so successful. By the look of the swirling cloud I do not believe we have much time. Who will be on the smuggler tunnel team and who will help me lead the army across the bridge?” He asked.

Felina spoke up “Sire … I would suggest Jola, Gilly, Jonz, General Scar, on the smuggler tunnel team. And the rest of us Felina, Fawn, Pearl, Tia, Aziza, Sanura, Capt’n Bones, Baban Tylos and Capt Throgram help lead the army across the bridge.”

“General Scar on the smuggler tunnel team?" The King asked "who will command the Army?"

"Sire ... that is for our best general ... the hero of the Orc wars ... you" Felina said with a smiled.

The King laughed "My skills are rusty ... I let these bug bastards get the jump on me/us the first time ... but I will not turn down an opportunity for revenge." He turn to General Scar

"Any objections ... this is just as much your army as mine?” The King asked.
 
Return Of The Lion King

''Bein a smuggler in mah younger days...those tunnels will feel like ol' hat tah me Pearl.'' A wolfish grin curls upon Scar's lips as he recalls those days. The massive Worgen reached up to rub the back of his muscular neck, being he was somewhat embarrassed from the Kings praise.

King Goldenmane...I'd be honored tah hand my command oer tah yoou.'' Lifting his huge tankard of dragon ale to the tigran king, with a steely look glinting in Scars pale blue eye he spoke with pride. ''To King Goldenmane and the brave Tigran nation...TIGRAN'S ADVANCE!''

With that said he took a deep thirsty drink of his ale, then with a sound thump sets it upon the large table before him. Scar's thoughts turned to Isis, her kiss and last words she said to him. Propping his chin on a huge fist he sighs deeply, he began to brood over losing the love of his life, broken hearted his mood darkening he whispers. ''I'll avenge ye my lovely kitteh.''
 
Last edited:
More problems!

With the decisions made, everyone went to work, except General Scar who calmly finished his ale whispering words to himself. Pearl thought she heard the word “avenge”. Baban Tylos was selected as the person to ask the Rockpaw and Stonefang about the bridge idea. Aziza and Jonz can along to offer for moral support. The Mage from the three sister’s magic school explained the idea and waited for a response from the two statues.

Rockpaw looked over to Stonefang and asked “I wonder what it is like to float?”

Stonefang shook his head “I wonder what it is like to drown?”

Rockpaw chuckled “Such strange things these flesh things say”

“Does that mean you two agree to be a bridge?” Aziza asked to make sure they would help.

The statues both laughed and said “yes”

King Goldenmane made sure he met all the Claw leaders and check on the catapults and ram siege weapons. Then met up with the smuggler tunnel group.

“Are you all ready?” He asked Jola, Gilly, Jonz, General Scar. There were affirmative nods from everyone

It was past midnight … as the king looked up at the night sky. The thick swirling cloud could still be seen as reflected light from Ardalis provided the barest illumination. But a funnel cloud had now formed pointing towards the imperial garrison. The funnel cloud had not reached the ground yet.

“I don’t think we have much time left. You had better hurry.” The King suggested “Check out the tunnel and if it is open … one of you come back …. And we’ll send a Talon through to help you on the other side. Good Luck” he said at the end.

The team followed Gilly down a storm drain and then into the smuggler tunnel. Jola took out her staff and produced a small light spell. As they went deeper in the tunnel, Gilly took the side passage she had told them about. Deep under the ground they went. Soon they came across water in the passageway.

Gilly was surprised but Jola offered an explanation “Probably caused by the earthquake when the demon’s arrived.”

Wadding into the cold water was miserable, but it never completely filled the passageway. Gilly’s head would have been under water, so Jola carried her in the deeper parts. The team could hear strange noises like the cracking of stone and low rumbling noises.

“I don’t think this passage is going to last much longer … sound like it is about to cave in!” Jola said stating the obvious. The team hurried faster … the splashing of their movements made more noise but that was better than drowning when the passage gave way.

Luckily the passage held and the team made it to the other side. They came out inside a small building near the other side of the bridge, the Ottha bridge. A large force of shadow demons was on the isle of ventulli, and a big group of demons was milling around at the back end of the Ottha bridge. Almost right next to the building they were hiding in. There was something else too. There was an overpowering presence of pure evil … something so strong that it made the heroes skin crawl. The evil was coming from the direction of the imperial garrison.

Jola turned to Scar, Jonz and Gilly

“What’s the plan? … We can’t get a talon through that tunnel. It is about to collapse. Is there enough of us to cause trouble for the bugs on this side of the bridge? Also someone needs to head for the portal. I got a really bad feeling about that place! Thoughts?” Jola asked General Scar Jola, and Gilly in a hushed whisper
 
Skadu

Skadu and his scouts had arrived earlier than expected. The last part of their journey had been a lot swifter as he had entered territory he knew and they had made excellent time. Now they had gathered just outside the main gates of the city.

The clouds above did not bode well and he had the same feeling he had when the smaller portal in Makla had been ready to open. It wouldn't be long now and he hoped the Queen and the army was not that far behind him.

He decided he had to risk finding out exactly what was going on in the city. From where he was he could see smoke rising above the walls from several places. The portal was close to opening, and although they had spent the last hour scrutinizing the walls it looked like there were no troops walking it's guard ways. Something was definitely going on and he needed to know what.

His plan was to try to find anyone who could tell him anything important, but if possible to find any resistance leaders and to inform them of the armies arrival and to try and co ordinate some form of attack. If possible he would also try and take the main gate house so he could open the gates for the Queen. He motioned his team forward and as one they flowed forward and were over the wall in seconds and back inside Ardalis.
 
Gilly's last stand?

"Well, since I am sure the only way you are going to close that portal is by using magic, then one or both of you should go!" Gilly said. "I will sneak out and cause a distraction away from the portal area so you can hopefully get there without much resistance. If one of you could make the water splash or something to distract them enough for me to get outside that would be great!"

Jola said she could do it and cast a spell to cause a water spout away from where the portal is located. As the demons started to approach the water spout Gilly slipped out the door and made a quick dash to the trees for some cover as she went to get slightly behind the water spout. As she got there she saw the demons losing interest in the water spout because it was dying down, that meant that the magic is no longer being focused there. Gilly took one of her daggers and quickly aimed and threw it at the closest shadow demon's head. It hit right in the middle and he screamed out in pain! This brought the attention of the others back to the area where Gilly was now located, or where they thought she was located. They searched around the area and didn't see anyone. Next thing they knew another dagger coming from an area deeper into the trees hit one of the demons in the shoulder. They hurried over there, spreading out.

"Find the person who is doing this now!!!" shouted one of the demons.

Gilly saw who was doing the ordering and took aim with her last throwing dagger. She knew she had to make it a good one since there was a pretty good possiblity they would be catching her as soon as it hit him.
 
What is that snake up to now?

Gilly had disappeared leaving just the three of them in the small building.

Jola hissed “Half people … what can you do with them? There is just not enough meat on their bodies to warrant killing and eating them.” The Naga joked shrugging her shoulders.

But the rogue had been successfully pulling half a company of demons (50 demons) away from the bridge and surrounding streets. That still left a large group on the bridge. Jola whispered “It sure would be nice to have a Talon of Tigrans to help attack and hold that bridge”

She saw a few lights in the rich houses on the isle of ventulli go out as tigrans went to bed. Her eyes glowed with a sudden idea “Hey … the Tigran citizens of Ardalis are here on this side of the river too! So we just need to get them to join the fight! I know they are feeling the same evil presence coming from the portal that I can feel. It is making my scales crawl, and that is saying something. They just need a leader to give them a push … to join the fight.” She said to Jonz and Scar, then she finished her thought “A push from a general of the resistance … General Scar!”

Jola smile grew bigger “I’ll use my shatter spell to increase your voice … when the time comes. And remember the odds are only 500 to 3 … and ½… if you count the Halfling! You don’t want to live forever do you?” Jola said … and then she just smashed open the door of the building with all her strength. The door flew across the street.

She quick slithered towards the bridge as she screamed “COME AND GET IT BUGGIES … TIME TO DIE!!” A group of demon ran towards her right away, all of them armed with pikes. Jola planted her wizard staff into the ground at the base of the bridge and waited for them to get close. It was her standard trick … just before they could reach her she fired off her lightening spell and fried the 20 closest demons. The intensity was bright enough to light up this section of the city. The lightening could even be heard and seen by King Goldenmane. Then she pulled out her sword from her belt and the staff from the ground ready to face the oncoming horde of bugs!

King Goldenmane

“What the hell was that!” King Goldenmane said looking towards Felina.

“The snake woman … she just loves doing that. I believe they have begun the assault on the Ottha Bridge.” Felina concluded.

“WHAT THE FOUR OF THEM? THAT IS SUICIDE!” The king yelled.

Felina shrugged “Something must have gone wrong. But we need to take advantage of this opportunity”

“You are right … Rockpaw and Stonefang …nice and quiet now. Time to get in the river!” The king ordered the stone statues. Both of them rumbled

“Quiet? … we are 60 tons of rock … and the silly flesh thing wants us to be quiet” Rockpaw chuckled to stonefang

“Watch me ... as silent as a rock slide!” Stonefang chuckled. But as the King and Felina watched them step into the river … the statues were actual as quiet as could be. Both stone lion head were soon under water.

“Ok assemble the first attack wave” The king ordered.

Felina looked at the king with worry on her face “you think those four are still alive on Ottha bridge?”

“Not a chance” The king said sadly.
 
Last edited:
''Ye Want Meh Tae Wha?!''

Scar was ready for battle as any Worgen warrior could possibly be, but of all things he was asked to make a speech! Armored only in chest, back plate, spiked gauntlets and grieves Two powerful muskets were slung across his broad back, daggers the size of swords bristle at his sides. The six foot Claymore brandished in his hand, a ferocious feral light lit his remaining pale blue eye. ''Ye want meh tae wha?!'' He gruffly whispered to Jola with a low snarling voice, but was cut off by the Naga blasting the door off.

Shaking his head the 7'5'' 500 pound Scar was right on Jola's tail, literally his armored foot slams down on the tip of it. An obvious accident but probably not in a Naga's mind, to prevent her from paying him back with a lighting bolt steps off. Scar irritatedly began his speech as he ran into the fray, slashing, stabbing and impaling bug after bug after bug.

''TIGRAN CITIZENS OF ARDALIS...THIS IS GENERAL SCAR OF THA RESISTANCE!...KING GOLDENMANE LIVES!...YE MUST ARM YESELVES AGAINST THA DEMONS THAT THREATEN YOOR CITEH...IF YE DOON'T RIGHT NOOW YOOU'LL LOSE EVERTHIN YE HOOLD DEAR!...RISE UP AN SEND THA FOOKIN DEMON BUGS BACK TAH HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!

Green blood gushes into the air as Scar took the head off of a bug Captain, never breaking stride drew a dagger disemboweling three foot soldiers. The Claymore in his right hand was whistling death as it flashed in the moonlight. High pitched shrieks of the bugs agonizing deaths, the only evidence of Scar's passing. Leaping over bug position barriers or just outright kicking them down, a one Worgen storm of steel blood and guts raged along the front lines. Each felled enemy was in the name of his lost love... Isis.

Catching sight of Gilly near the dying water spout with bugs advancing on her, Scar set out at a hard sprint toward the halflings position. Closing the distance rapidly he lowered a shoulder into the nearest bug, the mighty collision broke the demons neck instantly as it fell lifelessly to the ground.

Scar roared out a warning to Gilly to watch her back, drawing another of those large recurved daggers he threw it. The blade whips right over her head taking the demon bug right behind her in it's black heart. Grabbing the wee lass with one hand, swinging her up onto his broad shoulders. Ripping his weapon from the bugs dead body, stepping over it to sprint into cover under a hail of arrows. ''Ye alright lass?'' Scar whispers gruffly as he's stealthy making his way back into the battle.
 
Last edited:
Skadu

They had entered the city very near the portal and had been steadily making their way towards it when a bright light had lit up the sky and then a booming voice had rung out.

''TIGRAN CITIZENS OF ARDALIS...THIS IS GENERAL SCAR OF THA RESISTANCE!...KING GOLDENMANE LIVES!...YE MUST ARM YESELVES AGAINST THA DEMONS THAT THREATEN YOOR CITEH...IF YE DOON'T RIGHT NOOW YOOU'LL LOSE EVERTHIN YE HOOLD DEAR!...RISE UP AN SEND THA FOOKIN DEMON BUGS BACK TAH HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!

Skadu had smiled. He had recognized Scars voice from the first word. No other creature spoke like that in this part of the world. He was overjoyed that the big Worgren warrior was still alive and even more to learn that the King was as well. The Queen would be ecstatic to learn this but first it looked like Scar needed his help.

He signaled and they moved off towards where the light had come from. Soon they found the scene of intense fighting between a Naga, Scar and a Draconian of all things. They were hard pressed and although the seemed to be holding their own for now they would be overwhelmed by sheer numbers soon. Skadu arranged his scouts in the shadows several houses back and they began to fire off their arrows. They would even the odds a little but would soon run out and then it would be hand to hand.

"Harmony when you finish shooting run back to the Queen and inform her that the King lives and is attacking now. Tell her to hurry and come join us for the portal is about to open and we severely need her help."

Harmony's only response was a quick nod as she continued to pick her targets, releasing arrow after arrow accurately destroying a demon or bug with each shot.
 
Jola's problem: She is sexually unfulfilled!

Desperation: a state of despair, typically a result of rash or extreme behavior

That was how Jola felt desperate … and that feeling was a result of what she had done. Her rash behavior to attack, take and hold the eastern end of the Ottha bridge had placed her in a state of desperation. To compound things that big stupid wolf … had run off to save the little half pint person. UGH! What an idiot … Gilly was a rogue. Rogues liked to sneak around and kill people from behind.

Now Jola was near the mid-span of the bridge and completely surrounded by bugs! To her credit, in her wake there was a bridge slippery with black blood and bug gore. Pieces of crushed bug bodies everywhere like some kind of demon crushing machine had come through.

But now she was surrounded with her back exposed, the demon knew it was now just a matter of time. The ones in front rushed at her … drawing her attention. Their rush ended in screams of agony as Jola smash their parrying swords away and then with her magic staff smashed their head in. But the ones behind her could not be stopped. Her snake tail slipped around one demon's neck and popped its head off. But the other two made it through, their swords aimed at jola’s exposed back.

The blows never landed … as Jola heard an odd sound. It was like a shrieking soft whistle that was followed by a thud then a demon's scream of death. Jola turned just enough to see what had happened. Two arrows spouted from the two attacked demon's heads. Covering fire from someone, somewhere … she did not know or care … she was just glad someone was helping her. The demons got ready to rush her again.

But this time there was no desperation in her fighting … only confidence. She had someone covering her back! She laughed insanely “Come on … my little buggies” she hissed in almost a sensual way “I want to give all of you a nice big hug!”

It was a ridiculously dangerous thing to do … but Jola suddenly rushed at the demons. Wrapping two in her great coils as her sword remove limps from a third. She squeezed and their heads popped off …as their guts fountained up through their necked. The spray went high into the night sky.

“Oops …I guess I loved them too much!” Jola commented in shock. “And I was looking forward to have a threesome with them!” She sighed mockingly as she uncoiled her body from the crushed bug exoskeletons. “Now I’m just going to be sexual frustrated!” Jola added.

More arrows and more thuds behind her …as another few bugs screamed in death. She whipped her body around and slithered back towards the east end of the bridge … trying to get back to Scar and Gilly but there was a sea of demons between them.
 
Jonz

Well then, the half-ling, the Worgen and the Naga did quite a good deal of damage, of course with help from the walls, that meant that some friendly force had arrived. Jonz stepped out into the open, his heavy sword ready for action, his free hand flexing, ready for a fire spell if needed. He was tired, he was hungry and he sure as hell couldn't do anything about it with the amulet of the two Tigran sisters around his neck. Well he gave his word.

Foolishly a single demon attacked him, he didn't even bother with the sword, he just shoved the sword away, grabbed the demon's head in one hand and crushed the skull, it felt good, messy, but good. Hefting the sword he rushed at the bodies which converged on Gilly and Scar...General Scar. His war roar would have made one of the bigger dragons look up and look for it's kin, but Jonz was no Dragon, he was also no weakling either. He smashed into the horde of demons, sword slashing a swathe into their midst, severing, slicing and even burning as flames erupted from the tip of the sword.

"DIE!!" There was no hate in his voice, just pure battle lust and he was definitely making sure that he put deeds to his words as he kept swinging the giant sword, killing off more and more of the demons, cutting a way to Jola...for some strange reason.
 
"A Bridge Over Troubled Waters"

In the black of the night, and almost no wind, the river’s surface looked like a beautiful mirror. The lights in the windows of the grand houses of the isle of ventulli reflected perfectly off the river’s surface. The large gap in the Nibila Bridge was the only flaw in an other than unspoiled scene.

The first talon, commander by Fawn, stood behind houses and the low walls in the merchant quarter of the city waiting for the lion statues to appear. King Goldenmane and Felina stealthy slipped in next to the Madam Isis “entertainer” turned Talon commander crouching behind a small quay wall right next to the bridge. She would be one of the first across the bridge once it was reformed.

“Where are they?” She whispered to the King and Felina.

The surface of the still water rippled as something began to rise up. There was the sound of water cascading off the back of the lion statue and the river’s mirror surface was gone. Small waves moving towards the shore of the river.

“We have lost all surprise …that was too noisy! And look I can see ripples on the river surface.” Fawn complained bitterly.

King Goldenmane placed his big paw on her shoulder. “You worry too much. That is why you make an excellent talon commander. However, as king, I get to tell you something that gives you confidence right before an important battle.”

“Like what, Sire?” Fawn asked happy but also puzzled by his words.

“I hear no demons rushing into defensive positions … or the sound of alarm … or a call to battle. I think our trick has worked … and our new friends Rockpaw and Stonefang have pulled it off!”

And with that Fawn waved her hands … and 1000 tigran citizen fighters … moved silently onto the bridge and then on to the board back of Rockpaw. In front of the attacking talon were Fawn, King Goldenmane and Felina. As they sneakily and swiftly moved across the bridge the King bent down and whispered in rockpaws stone ear.

“Well done … after all of the army is over the bridge … come join us in crushing the shadow demons. Just think of them as birds … you hate bird I have been told” The King said.

There was a rock grinding chuckle followed by “The shadow demons are an evil that must be destroyed, it's true. Though not as evil as the birds... damnable feathered fiends!" Rockpaw said so quietly only those close to the king could hear it.

It was not until the talon started down the back side of the bridge that frantic clicking noises could be heard.

“ALRIGHT YE CATS LETS SEND THA FOOKIN BUGS TA HELL!...TIGRANS ADVANCE!” The King stood up and yelled. Then he charged at the demons. General Scar would have been proud, the King almost got the inflection correct.
 
Jola and Jonz: fighting buddies? Or buddies that are fighting?

The massive draconian smashed his way through the sea of demons, like he was a great ice breaker crushing an ice field. He was so effective it was a wonder to watch. At one point the demons actually ran from him right into Jola sword blade.

There was a swell of emotion in Jola as she got more direct support in holding the bridge. “At least I won’t die out here alone!” She said to herself. Her actions, showed a renewed confidence and increased ferocity as she advanced with determined to meet Jonz at the halfway point.

“It is about time you got here lizard boy, you know we are retaking ground I already took!” she said as her snake tail ripped the head off a demon, her sword plunging through another.

“Oh … and a fine job you did too … I THINK YOU MISSED A FEW!” Jonz replied as his great two handed sword sweep knocked three bugs off the bridge into the river below.

“Just shut up and let me enjoy killing these fuckers!” Jola said as her wizard staff came down with a crack, smashing the sword hand of an attacker, quickly followed by a decapitating sword swipe. The two fighters were not back to back yet and a demon between them got ready to stab Jonz in the back when Jola wrapped him up and “popped” him … spraying Jonz’s back with bug gore.

“Oops … sorry about that” Jola said “I thought you might be in trouble”

Jonz replied with “We need to fight closer together back to back” He stated as he bashed a demon’s head in with his great sword held in just one hand as his other hand plunged a dagger through a demon’s open mouth. "Eat this demon!" He suggested to the demon as the dagger came out the back of its head.

“I thought you did not like naga’s … you want to be closer to me?” Jola asked as she removed two more demon heads. Jonz dagger came flying in and killed a demon getting ready to stab Jola snake body from behind.

“It is not that I don't like nagas, I fear them. Big difference … I think that one almost got you. And please note I did not spray black blood all over you” Jonz said.

“Thanks” Jola said with all seriousness, she knew it had been close one.

Jola fell on the demons between Jonz and herself like a hungry jackal, ripping and tearing them to shreds. The demons in between tried to retreat towards Jonz. That met with disaster as his skills mowed them down with swift vengeance. Now the two were fighting back to back.

It was like a dance … each fighting and covering for the other … if Jonz missed a demon Jola snake tail would slip in and wrap up the demon. Hold it in place until Jonz sword removed it head. If Jola missed a demon on her flank… a Jonz's sword would parry the blow for Jola until the wizard staff would remove the threating demon.

“You owe me one for that save!” Jola commented at one point.

“By my count … you already owe me 4 … so we’ll call it plus 3 now” Jonz said.

“I don’t think draconians know how to count! But whatever … I’ll make up the difference!” Jola declared and increased the speed of her attacks.

The amount of hate inside Jola was HUGE … and that power source could produce deathly results. Jonz on the other hand had skill and vast experience in fighting, he used both ... effortlessly to produce similar results. The two managed to hold the bridge in a most surprising way. That however, was about to change.

Jonz continued to check on Scar and Gilly. The two were in a desperate fight at the base of the bridge … He also noticed there was fighting in the street and alleyway leading to the bridge. He saw a group of tigran monks fighting with tiger riding tigrans along their side. General Scar’s speech had worked! But Jola ruined the small hope that had started to kindle with her next statement.

“Oh battle buddy … We got more victims approaching! Beetle riders!” She said in a strange kind of glee. The first one near them held an axe … and landed it blow against Jola’s parrying sword, a deep gash split into the sword. The power of the attacking demon vibrated through her arm and shook her entire body. Jonz felt the blow to as Jola snake body as wrapped around his leg. Jola revealed no surprise at the strength of the attack … only a bizarre grin that appeared on her face.

“Finally … a challenge worthy of the two of us!” She declared. More riders heading at them!
 
Back
Top