place to post incomplete stories?

Caxrus

Virgin
Any one know a good place to post incomplete stories for vetting and maybe a little feed back?

thanks,
New writer, long time reader
Caxrus

About all you can do is post in the editors forum and ask for a beta reader, post the type of story and word count. When someone takes you up on it take it to P.M's exchange e-mails and send it to them.

About all you can do is post in the editors forum and ask for a beta reader, post the type of story and word count. When someone takes you up on it take it to P.M's exchange e-mails and send it to them.

there's also the option of posting a thread elsewhere, in the relevant forum - if it exists for the particular piece. i've had a positive response in the fetsh threads when i've asked for a beta-reader - and even scene suggestions for specific 'kinks'.

as for posting long excerpts at lit, yeah, that won't fly. although asking Laurel for an exception in this case might be an idea? no harm in asking, even if she mugs the idea off.

I've seen people post fairly long excerpts in the fetish forum many times. No one seems to care including Chargergirl who is probably the most active mod on the boards.

It is a rule not to post the stories, but it seems only the AH and the feedback forum is anal about it. That's because some of the authors here take themselves and their free stories posted here far too seriously.

And lit and rules are an oxy moron anyway for the most part.

I've seen people post fairly long excerpts in the fetish forum many times. No one seems to care including Chargergirl who is probably the most active mod on the boards.

It is a rule not to post the stories, but it seems only the AH and the feedback forum is anal about it. That's because some of the authors here take themselves and their free stories posted here far too seriously.

And lit and rules are an oxy moron anyway for the most part.

show me the long excerpts. i'll zap 'em. :p i do most of her work. :D

It depends what you mean by incomplete stories?

Do you mean a substantial word count that is a chapter or two of a story to be continued? Or just an extract that cannot be read as it is?

I have some incomplete stories posted on Literotica, for example - Fiona 1 and 2; Christmas Fairy 1 and 2.

The third and final part of Fiona is being developed but is temporarily stalled. The last part of Christmas Fairy is probably impossible. I have written myself into a corner and I'm not sure there is a way to finish it.

I posted them when I thought I could finish them quickly, and by posting them I thought that would encourage me to complete the stories. I now know that doesn't work.

I wouldn't post incomplete stories NOW but that's because it annoys me and the readers to have stories waiting for the next part. Some of my formerly incomplete stories took five or more years before the last part was posted. :eek:

Forum Rule #3: . . . " Also, out of respect for other users, please limit your excerpts to less than 5 paragraphs."

The forum's own rules, not my opinion. And, no, I don't report breaches.

It depends what you mean by incomplete stories?

Do you mean a substantial word count that is a chapter or two of a story to be continued? Or just an extract that cannot be read as it is?

I have some incomplete stories posted on Literotica, for example - Fiona 1 and 2; Christmas Fairy 1 and 2.

The third and final part of Fiona is being developed but is temporarily stalled. The last part of Christmas Fairy is probably impossible. I have written myself into a corner and I'm not sure there is a way to finish it.

I posted them when I thought I could finish them quickly, and by posting them I thought that would encourage me to complete the stories. I now know that doesn't work.

I wouldn't post incomplete stories NOW but that's because it annoys me and the readers to have stories waiting for the next part. Some of my formerly incomplete stories took five or more years before the last part was posted. :eek:
Yeah, I also have a shameful lot of incomplete series hanging fire, waiting for inspiration / perspiration to end their misery. I've pledged myself to complete new series before posting them. But here I separate series from story cycles, multiple standalone episodes not dependent on prior chapters. I can throw out some episodes without guilt. But damn, I had better complete those hanging series... not for readers' sake, but the sake of my soul.

Ah, otherwise-incomplete standalone stories... I have a few of those cooking, mostly in plotted-outline form. I know how the story will go; I merely need to flesh-out the bugger. The dozen buggers. All those fragments... which I don't think will be helped by posting in incomplete form. What, expose my ideas to theft or vandalism? Shudder...

Back