New Poetry Recommendations

Spinner:

Monday has 20 New Poems up today, so i'm going to pick and choose what to review.

Essential by Jamison
there's something about satin that tweaks the interest, every time. well written and though i'm tempted to admit to preferring to see the word 'you' at the beginning of the last line, i think this is just perfect without alterations. that last line surely captures my attention... is the 'you' preferred in a bottle or not? up to you to decide.

Vessel by Nirvanadragones has me thinking and questioning... this poem is very short and yet almost haiku like in its detailing and ultimate image. very clever writing and i believe you achieved your aim in a unique way. well done!

Missing You by sugardaisy love once had and now lost, i think this poem could have used a little more impact via the title.

Climax by Jamison - a very interesting form the chueh-chu. my only question is, is 'read the last page' too close to a cliche? i would like to see the full lu shih.

Double Trouble by midwestgent , a lighthearted read and though it rhymes it didn't put me off. there are a couple of places where the syllable count goes off, but overall as i said, a light read.

Rebirth by littleone77 sure has a certain impact. i would be remiss if i missed adding it here.

david by keacreme a new poet this month who has a lot to offer. there are a few errors but reading through the list in an orderly fashion, this is the best 'poetic' writing today so far, in my opinion.

oh my gosh, i've just checked out the rest of this poet's offerings... READ EVERY SINGLE POEM BY keacreme IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE TODAY! you will be missing out, if you don't.

Please note that these are my opinions on poems. It is up to you as a reader to form your own. Go read, go comment and keep writing!

:rose:

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
oh my gosh, i've just checked out the rest of this poet's offerings... READ EVERY SINGLE POEM BY keacreme IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE TODAY! you will be missing out, if you don't.

Excellent call on this one — she's just bursting with talent.

New Poem Reviews 2/20/07

Happy Fat Tuesday ! :nana:
and a fat day it is on the New Poems....bringing us a burgeoning 32 poems....and I've got a parade and show to go to...so let's get started...

jara_jacobus has 7 poems today. A new poet here at Lit, the poems take many different forms.
One line cathches my eye in particular:

Her heart whispers like the bellows.

from her The Raven. I love this line....check out and encourage her.

OK...wildomona takes us on a ribald and comedic ride with To All The Toys I've Owned Before. Here's a sample:

I love the toys I've owned before
They made me cum, then cum some more
Some by tickling my clit,
Some inside, a nice tight fit
I love the toys I've owned before

prompts me to ask,wildomona...... you need a boy toy? :D

I find the process of self-realization in Surprise by endthedream to be a frank and intimate journey.

Consider me tempted girl...Hersheythetemptress is reminiscing....in Somewhere Out There In The World my only question...where can I find her ?

Snow Job by 4degrees gave me a shiver....well observed and nicely written.

So that's it for me. I'm sure considering the volume I've missed a few. Don't hesitate to toot someone else's horn, if you see something you like.

And as always, read, vote and comment...who knows which next great poet your few positive words will inspire ?

Wednesday's Review

Very light load today, so far only 5, and only 1 moderately piqued my interest.

AnaLeePleasured takes an almost light-hearted look at being a submissive in Nasty Master. The rhyme structure here is what sets it apart from the usual submissive fare.

I'll check in again later to see if there are any late additions.

In the meantime, like I always say, read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do, especially with only five new poems to look at today. And while you read this light selection, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

Last edited:

Don't know where Specs is; thought she was just dropping the Tuesday review. Didn't say anything about Thursday, though she was absent last week. Just want to point this one out:

SeattleRain demonstrates that she really is a smarter woman in, If I were a smarter woman. But we already knew she's pretty smart. And now that I think of it, I'd have to adjust my PC to recognize that, while she may appear to be at the end of her rope, with the superficial keeping her afloat, it's those first two lines that give the lie to that view. Talk about feminine wiles. Give it a read.

I know it's duckiesmut's day but here's one you just must go see:

keacreme has a really terrific satiric piece in, easter monday. Try not to look at Amyfriend's spoiler comment that she just posted. Better is the pleasure of grasping this on your own. And again let me add, keacreme can really write.

LeBroz said:

I know it's duckiesmut's day but here's one you just must go see:

keacreme has a really terrific satiric piece in, easter monday. Try not to look at Amyfriend's spoiler comment that she just posted. Better is the pleasure of grasping this on your own. And again let me add, keacreme can really write.

Don't know what happened to duckiesmut. In addition to my previous suggestion, here's some others to check out from today's offering of 42. This is just a quickie list:

Anything by keacreme. It's great to see such quality in a new presence.

vampiredust has some Breakfast. A rather melancholy piece.

fieryjen tells a tale of a Nightly Visitor. This woman does a great job with the English language, even more impressive since it's not her first language. And if you see my comment, we've exchanged PM's and the phrase she was looking for is as it appears, "emersed in dreams." This looks to be another poet for whom to keep an eye out.

That's it, just the smallest selection. Although, if you do go through just everything keacreme and fieryjen had posted today, that's about 15 poems. Give what you can a look, see what you think, and, read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

New Poems Review

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

lr_katt_paws ... targeted what this site advertises... "erotic poetry" ...with passionate ...Words !

while speaking of 'erotic' and 'passionate' writes...
Last Night is another 'captivating' poem ...by TheDarkCloud

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another spark of passion captured in verse...
Slippery When Wet by RedHairedandFriendly ... I was lured by the title then slipped and 'fell' for this lil' write! (~_~)

Bonfire by MinorMonster ...Happy Birthday Liar

have a quality week!! (~_~)

I vaguely remember my first Corona on Thursday evening, but after that the rest of a long weekend is a pleasurable blur. That said, here's a few from Friday that are worth going back in time a few days to see:

the letter, or a suicide by keacream

I'd suggest you read it twice, because the first read didn't catch my eye quite like the second. This has been floating around in my head since I found my computer (thankfully, nowhere near any half-empty beer bottles):

clear as rainclouds on a rhapsody

This next one has already been mentioned, but I wanted to give it another go.

Breakfast by vampiredust

He has a startling way of sharing that the simple moment expresses much more than we often give it credit for. The poem is not overburdened with excess words, but shares exactly what it needs to.

tough old bird by keacream

at 98
tiny like a mushroom
and solemnly pucker-mouthed.

Read, enjoy, and draw your own conclusions.

The Decomposing of a Great by hospital_bed

If for nothing else, read it for this line:

She fucked with style
and motherly intuition.

And now, it's time for a Sunday afternoon nap. See y'all next Friday.

Spinner:

11 New Poems for Monday, and as i have a little time, let's see how they're all looking...

Far be it from me to avoid reading a poem because of its title, so here's muthaf@@@! WHO is EVERYONE?! by Nandsan a relatively new poet to Lit. I admit to not understanding why the word ~ass~ is there. I wonder if the green E is because this poem is 'different'...

Sensing by Gi_Venus With correcting the spelling error and sorting out the punctuation and maybe a slight rewording to smooth the read it would be worth a look.

There is nothing silent about Silence by sugardaisy . I wonder why the cat is a traitor though. That's a strong word to use in a poem like this... perhaps another poem is in order...?

Will The Darkness Keep A Secret by JPMMURPHY . i admit to not being fond of many unpunctuated poems - sometimes i get the impression they're unpunctuated because the poet finds it difficult or perhaps too much in the eye and will take away from the words. this poem has interesting repetition but has an almost unfinished feeling. i'd like to see it longer.

Would Time Not Wait, the second of two by JMMURPHY and with this poem i've been wondering if the first two stanzas should be switched. again, i'm not fond of the lack of punctuation.

Gorgeous the second of two by Gi_Venus today. i cringe at the 'i' factor in this poem, but that's just me. it's blatant and i can't imagine writing something similar for my own self, so kudos to you Gi_Venus for achieving this. it's should be its.

Big Clit Girls by iqespresso . the title made me cringe and then i realised i'm here on Lit, so i 'relaxed' and kept reading but did not get past the word 'scissoring- somehow clit and scissors just doesn't do it for me. sorry, take a look yourself and see what you think.

Loudly, Lewdly by WFEATHER contains a little listing, a little repetition and is interesting in its understanding of the bdsm world and in the poet's awareness of the submissive's limits in the poem. nice to read something without spelling errors although the prominence of punctuation is slightly distracting.

My Dark Angel by new poet Crystals_Kitten . i apologise but i don't have a strong enough mind at the moment to tackle this one on an understanding level. technically, the rhyming is not too in-my-face which is acceptable to me. i don't know why there are so many poems today where capitals begin every line but really it's not necessary in this poem either.

You Might As Well Know by templeminded . presentation of this poem by having the title repeated three times on the webpage was very distracting. i didn't find the poem flowed smoothly, perhaps it is my lack of skill through my own choice, but i found the rhyme was off putting especially where it altered. i also did not like the inconsistency of capitalisation of I and i. i think it would be worth trying to write this same message using free verse and seeing if the outcome better equates with the message.

No Challenge the second of two by templeminded. again, i think it would be worth writing in free verse. a quick check on spelling and punctuation would improve the read.

Please note that these are my opinions on poems. It is up to you as a reader to form your own. Go read, go comment and keep writing!

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
Spinner:

11 New Poems for Monday, and as i have a little time, let's see how they're all looking...

Far be it from me to avoid reading a poem because of its title, so here's muthaf@@@! WHO is EVERYONE?! by Nandsan a relatively new poet to Lit. I admit to not understanding why the word ~ass~ is there. I wonder if the green E is because this poem is 'different'...

Sensing by Gi_Venus With correcting the spelling error and sorting out the punctuation and maybe a slight rewording to smooth the read it would be worth a look.

There is nothing silent about Silence by sugardaisy . I wonder why the cat is a traitor though. That's a strong word to use in a poem like this... perhaps another poem is in order...?

Will The Darkness Keep A Secret by JPMMURPHY . i admit to not being fond of many unpunctuated poems - sometimes i get the impression they're unpunctuated because the poet finds it difficult or perhaps too much in the eye and will take away from the words. this poem has interesting repetition but has an almost unfinished feeling. i'd like to see it longer.

Would Time Not Wait, the second of two by JMMURPHY and with this poem i've been wondering if the first two stanzas should be switched. again, i'm not fond of the lack of punctuation.

Gorgeous the second of two by Gi_Venus today. i cringe at the 'i' factor in this poem, but that's just me. it's blatant and i can't imagine writing something similar for my own self, so kudos to you Gi_Venus for achieving this. it's should be its.

Big Clit Girls by iqespresso . the title made me cringe and then i realised i'm here on Lit, so i 'relaxed' and kept reading but did not get past the word 'scissoring- somehow clit and scissors just doesn't do it for me. sorry, take a look yourself and see what you think.

Loudly, Lewdly by WFEATHER contains a little listing, a little repetition and is interesting in its understanding of the bdsm world and in the poet's awareness of the submissive's limits in the poem. nice to read something without spelling errors although the prominence of punctuation is slightly distracting.

My Dark Angel by new poet Crystals_Kitten . i apologise but i don't have a strong enough mind at the moment to tackle this one on an understanding level. technically, the rhyming is not too in-my-face which is acceptable to me. i don't know why there are so many poems today where capitals begin every line but really it's not necessary in this poem either.

You Might As Well Know by templeminded . presentation of this poem by having the title repeated three times on the webpage was very distracting. i didn't find the poem flowed smoothly, perhaps it is my lack of skill through my own choice, but i found the rhyme was off putting especially where it altered. i also did not like the inconsistency of capitalisation of I and i. i think it would be worth trying to write this same message using free verse and seeing if the outcome better equates with the message.

No Challenge the second of two by templeminded. again, i think it would be worth writing in free verse. a quick check on spelling and punctuation would improve the read.

This I like.
You say what you fell about the poem.
You make suggestions as to possible improvements.
I am told jthserra did the same in new poems reviews, so that is most appropriate for a spinner choice.

It looks like you put a lot of work and thought into this. Keep up the good work. :rose: :) :rose:

I also feel Nandsan got a well deserved E. It would have been interesting to see the comments, too bad they aren't turned on.

New Poem Reviews 2/27/07 Tuesday

Well, been a long day upt' mill, as my Welsh ex used to say...
but a glass and a half of wine, and I feel fortified enough to tackle today's New Poems. Shall we see what they hold ?

TheHuntress offers Kindred Can. I like some of the metaphors...but would suggest some editing...as it is, it's more prose. If you don't mind, from this:

All during the darkness we are together, melding forms, blending in bliss like quicksilver, our union unmatched by no other beings in this universe. Passion’s swirl is ours on this wonderful night. Flitting among the planets, playing hide and seek in a comet’s tail, sliding and surfing on waves of sound, making wild love on moonbeam’s. Man and woman on a star-stream, in the middle of a fevered dream.

perhaps something like this:

During darkness, we meld, blending in bliss
quicksilver, surfing in union the comet's tail,
flitting among planets, sliding and swirling
wild love on moonbeams, star stream fever

I love the images Huntress...pare away the the meat is my suggestion, and get to the bones.

It's time for Nirvanadragones apparently...and a lovely, sad, sweet time it is. I'm thinking the phrasing could be improved...but that's just my opinion. Sparse, but thought provoking...
I especially liked this stanza..

Only then,
do I feel you
here,
while I
dissect
the concept
of togetherness

Read Blind Side by bluerains. Hell, I like it so much, I'm not even going to make you use the link...here it is in it's entirety...

Sculptured by a blue lake reflection,
saltblinded from elemental star tears,
my goodbye kisses say hello,
yours say goodbye.

Them's my picks...I'm sure you have your favorites...let us know which ones and why....and don't forget to comment and vote. TTFN

Wednesday's Review

Late start today and there are 28 new poems out there, half by one poet. Left plenty of comments as usual but here are highlights for your consideration:

keacreme hits us with half of today's new poems. She has quite an assortment of styles and you ought to also check out her updated bio page for some added insights.

Her first piece I want to mention is, angry now, every month. Sounds pretty much like a descriptive view of the emotional roller coaster with which women must deal.

for Lena, Mary, and Helen almost feels like two poems. I agree with anonymous' comment that this would work better with the issue of old age more implicit.

an incest blossom deals with a touchy subject quite well. The first part of the poem seems a bit jagged, then the final strophe seems to impart a feeling of healing and strength. See what you think.

Finally, between a star and a son shows this poet is willing to try new things. This is a prose poem you might want to look over.

LasciviousSanity has a dark piece out in, The Cooling Walls. I've gotten feedback on my PC already so I won't spoil it by saying what this is about {beyond I was wrong}; explore it yourself and see what you think.

Disconnect The Connect seemed a bit long when I first read it but on reflection, helps to give it a stronger feel for being lost and alone in the world. This helps give a stronger feeling of recovery at the end.

That's a quick peek at some of the pieces that caught my attention. keakreme's offerings today weren't all equally strong. Beyond the two writers I've mentioned here, I wasn't especially or strongly drawn by any others.

Give them a look and see what you think. Read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

March 1

I have agreed to cover Thursday's reviews. I know this is a recommendation only thread, and I should strive to be as kind as possible. I wish I could recommend all the poems submitted, because I'm sure each poet did his or her best, but... but... I had to bite my finger while reading a couple of those poems, hoping a painful distraction would keep me going to the end. Of course, this is about personal taste, so if I don't recommend a poem you adore, then please do it yourself. I'm only human, and I can only be so kind before an eyeball pops out from the stress of all that kindness.

POP

Fortunately, Fool's erotic poems were present today. He offered two nice ones. Not the very best I've read from this poet, but Fool does know how to write a good poem.

flaunt
by The_Fool ©

excerpt:
although no one was watching
when her modesty slipped,
all noticed
flaunted serenity
when she lied with her smile
and languorous caress.

half stop
by The_Fool ©

excerpt:
Her toy
of the moment
reminded me of a comma.
She said that it was curved
just that way,

Fool, love the comparison of the dildo to a comma. ;)

Okay, I'm going to mention two more, simply because they're odd, and I prefer odd over boring.

Abaddon Bubbles
by abaddonbubbles ©

excerpt:
On this godfucked Earth

That's overburdened with Poets,
And their stinky Poetdirt.

This next poem has potential, possibly. Though it does have some cringe-inducing lines: "so he stroked and comed inside me"

The Storm On Jupiter
by woz8822 ©

excerpt:
The storm on Jupiter has burned for 400 years
until we got curious about sex.

The North Koreans may have exploded a nuclear device
so he stroked and comed inside me.

I got up early to watch the Perseid meteor shower
and then I whispered for him to finish me off.

Ms. Friendly has been around for quite some time, and I'm sure she has many fans. Make sure to offer her encouragement by reading and commenting on: Walking Away by RedHairedandFriendly ©

Please remember to mention any overlooked poem that you feel is worthy.
If not, then...
Pop! Splat!
That's that
for this Thursday.

There are nine New Poems to read this morning. There are four 'erotic' poems, if that's your thing. I wince every time I read the word 'cum' in poetry--> just a personal preference thing.

I'll be back this afternoon to see if more poetry has arrived. In the meantime, read this:

The Art of Falling Apart by Nirvanadragones

Three lines, incredibly simplistic. I'm not usually one for such brevity, and yet, it's going 'round and 'round in my head. I never liked the merry-go-round when I was munchkin, but this is much different. Better. Less chance for throwing up.

I think the word selection of 'disrepute' is spot on. I think we've all had those moments where we're the source of attention, and often, it's better to encourage than discourage it. Done rambling about this one. Go read. :)

And for those Ron Santo fans out there:

Sonnet for Santo by l8bloom

I've learned never to interfere with Cubs fans.

If there prove to be no more poems later in the day, have a splendid weekend.

Art has been busy today, so he asked me to help him out. There were 49 new poems today, and yes, I read them all, but these were the ones that called out to me

A Day of Winter in Love by LasciviousSanity

Botany by Dale_Arden

Hard by bluerains

A Cry in the Night by Tony155

The Old Man by Xowie

Spinner:

17 New Poems for Monday.

Let's see what I can find...

Ah, first up is someone who has no Personal Comments set on their poem, so I will not be commenting.

Pioneer by darkerdreamer a first poetry submission by a new poet to Litland. Welcome. Interesting poem. The word 'evoloping' could be a play on developing and evolving or it could be a spelling error, however I'm going with my first instinct because it's quirky and I do like quirky. :D I would watch the use of initial line capitals - in this case they only bothered me because they weren't consistent. Excellent line breaks. Excellent poem. I look forward to more from this poet.

Parched by nz_marie a kiwi poet how could I not mention her? :) Love and a flower - a similie that could possibly be stronger if used via the metaphoric technique instead. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on this one). I do like the first line.

New Beginnings by Unbridled_Passion I have to say it's so nice to see the correct use of the apostrophe! Well done. I like the 'b' alliteration through this poem. I kind of like how this poem says something we all know but makes it in a slightly more unique way. I particularly like the last line. To improve? I would suggest using full punctuation, but that is a personal preference of mine. Perhaps also I would expand on the word 'magically' without using that word.

6 rhyming poems today from new to poetry at Lit BOSTONFICTIONWRITER the two that felt smoothest for me to read were Camping and The Circus . This writer has much to say, to pass on to others. Several of his new poems felt almost too list-like. I also want to note here the American Military poem for all you patriots.

Broken by rachlou would benefit from some commas and periods. I'm not sure of the image... if a mirror has broken from side to side I would assume that would make a horizonal crack and yet there are shards scattered beneath the lyrical subject's feet which to me indicates not a simple cracking of the mirror but a complete shattering. I am also not so sure about the LS seemingly choosing to walk on top of the broken mirror shards. I think perhaps a little more explanation of this story might help the poem.

The first poem, Lust After Stephan Dunn by brownsugah a new poet today, has great potential. However a basic cleanup of spelling errors would improve this read immensely.

The second poem Oranges that also seems to have a second title of 'Making Love' has the same technical problems as the first. Clean up the spelling errors would be a great first step in improving this poem. Also... 'Untangled limbs cross' is this an oxymoron?

Of the two poems just mentioned, only Oranges had the ability for a PC to be left, however I opted to mention both here as they are worthy of mention and the poet is new to Litland and the omission of a PC on the first poem could have been an error.

Idiocy by lyrica_sheay . This one has me intrigued. One minute I think it's more than just a mangle of words - i think it is cleverly done with some good line breaks. I'm not a fan of the capitalised words, perhaps if they made a statement when read out alone rather than just sounding list-like they might mean a little more. And the next minute I am struggling to find what makes this a poem as such and not just prose with line and stanza breaks. Thanks for making me think.

ADIEMUS by BarondeSade is beyond my skill. I like the quirky nature of the poem itself. I like some of the imagery. I think it could be improved by breaking it up into stanzas, by cutting back some of the extraneous verbiage i.e. 'Touching them with their soft touch,' why not simply 'Touching them'? There are several places where words are repeated, I think unnecessarily. To remove them would perhaps make this a smoother flowing read. I don't know the video the poet is referring to, so cannot comment further.

Intoxicating Music by MagicaPractica dragged me straight in with these lines

'I've been hitting the music hard
drinking it down
like triple malt whiskey'

and then I lost it... not sure if those lines were too strong to hold the rest of the poem together or if what followed were not strong enough... whichever way it was, I love the first stanza and felt I lost out from reading the rest. The rest is good, just not as great. This is definitely the better of the two poems posted today by this poet.

New Poem Reviews 3/06/07 Tuesday

My apologies to you all.Sorry for the tardiness of yesterdays reviews.I am on vacation and got a bit carried away with doing nothing.. :)

18 New Poems for the sixth, starting off with 6 Illustrated Poems...3 from rachlou, 2 from fieryjen and 1 from 4 degrees. My favorite one is Cloud Haiku from fieryjen. This 2 stanza effort carries a bittersweet irony that is enhanced by the accompanying photo.

A new poet here, darkerdreamer offers a witty and original piece on a subject I know I could use help with, in his Comma,Period. I look forward to seeing more of this author's work....and lo and behold, just down the list my wish is granted..Lemming. Read them both.

That's my take on yesterday's group. Take a look for yourself, and feel free to mention any you liked especially..and give the poet's your feedback. They appreciate it.

Last edited:
The Wednesday Review

24 new poems up today

I'm covering for Leon today

Here are today's picks:

There Is Still Hope by MistressLynn

This poem has a lovely lyrical quality to it, which fits well with the pastoral imagery. The repeating line then there is still hope works well. My only concern is with the last stanza, which in my opinion, doesn't fit with the rest of the poem.

Read it and see for yourself

Ku Klux Grandpa by a relatively new Lit poet, Brownsugah

The imagery is quite strong in the poem, such as with its opening stanza:

It hit me like a six ton truck,
breaking my voice and piercing my heart,
tasting of watered shampoo

The only things I would change would be the line:

His brick heart turns to putty

which sounds cliched and the Italian in the poem, which sounds a little out of place.

But some good poetry here and it's well worth reading

Finally, we have porn poem by winktwice

Excerpt:

and my heart will race
and my blood will pound in my ears
and I'll feel self-conscious
and exalted at the same time
and I can't suppress a smile
for hours afterwards

This poem has quite a fast paced rhythm and it's worth reading for that. The language in the poem could be improved upon, though, it feels a little stale and needs more show rather than tell
I also feel it's too long and should be shortened.

But not a bad effort

Maybe it's too early but I only see a few poems posted. I'll check back later.
But for now, you can read new poetry by BOSTONFICTIONWRITER and ramonathompson. :)

Edit: Okay, I really did check way too early. Now there are plenty of poems. I'll start reading and return later. ;)

Last edited:
Thursday the 8th of March

What a treat! Three new poems from Tristesse2

In Losing it the poet lives on memory instead of looking forward. Tristesse, the last stanza of your poem will stick with me today. I really can understand what you're saying, and you said it perfectly.

Next, Tristesse coins a new word: Arachnitect

flexing all eight legs
leaps from hedge
to ledge to dying sun
flower and back,

I often toss a spider into my poems, so I found this one quite appealing. Though, I would like to see the last three lines a bit stronger.

Her last new poem of the day, Camping, Cape Breton, is certainly the best.

It begins with "The comfortable curve of him waking under cover in early morning" and continues from there and not a word or line is a disappointment.

like thunder.
by MyNecroticSnail ©

Snail, is fromt a typo or something brilliant that I'm not understanding. I ask, because you're a tricky poet. Do I like your poem? Well, I'm afraid to answer. I'm swallowed up by self-doubt. Perhaps it's more profound than I could ever imagine. Maybe not. I don't know! When I saw a snail poem on my review day, I hesitated before clicking. My palms were sweating. Head throbbing. Panties clinging--though that really didn't have anything to do with my anxiety over your poem.
Okay, enough of my bullshit review. I don't get the poem but I know someone like Tzara will. So, hopefully he'll post a comment on it so I can copy and paste it into my review.

Anyway, speaking of Tzara...

deep
by Tzara ©

It's a tit poem. Of course, coming from a poet like T. it's never just a tit poem. He's beyond that. He's deep.

I have decided that it's time for me to totally love Dustystar. She writes erotica that's fun and real and original and makes me want to put my ass print on some play-doh.

Shape Explosive
by Dustystar ©

It slips to the side like someone
squished the Play-Doh
just to be funny. Or angry.
Or hurried.

Or done.

When he puts that crooked mouth
on mine,

I chose the excerpt above because it mentions play-doh and because I mentioned play-doh and my ass... Well, you get it. But read the entire poem. It gets so much better! Great poem, and so far, a great day for poems.

I'll read more later, but I want to post this now before I lose it. :)

Oh, that's right, I said I'd finish reading Thursday's poems. I was distracted. I took a stroll, had some green tea, gazed at some porn. Well, not that porny--bdsm erotica that's really artsy and cool looking. I would never look at common porn. Really.

Anyway, speaking of erotica, I found something lustful by Curiouswife. Who is Curiouswife? I remember the name. I'm sure I've read her poetry before. Honestly, I need to catch up. I missed a lot during the first couple of months of '07 while I was on the Ivory Coast, buying some powerful fetishes and phallic statues. I sold most of them, except that one figure I named Henry. He stands in the corner of my room and occasionally trips me with his finely carved twenty-six inches.
What? Oh.
Curiouswife offers us some Lust. Am I the last reader to realize how good she is? I'm a fan after reading "into invites of lavish days."

dampened encounter
by bluerains ©

I like it. Why? I'm not sure. She's a good poet. It's a good poem. I think I just ran out of steam after the review above. :eek: Um, my tea is getting cold.

--> darkerdreamer <--
I like! :rose:

Four new poems today. Great writing.
Brutal is an erotic poem that's dirty without being lame. Kind of reminds me of something Denis Hale would write.
Chrome is my favorite of the four. darkerdreamer seems to be a smart poet, writing some smart poetry.
Coma Sutra
The Dissection of Zeke Xavier

Back