John Hopkins Resumes Trans Surgery

stickygirl

All the witches
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Posts
21,197
Waat?! Yes, I know - you could have knocked me down with a feather, but apparently it's true
http://transadvocate.com/johns-hopkins-resumes-trans-care_n_19077.htm

So, if ever you read that "..bla, bla because the John Hopkins Hospital stopped doing trans surgery bla, bla harmful bla, bla Paul McFucking Hugh ( infamous anti-LGBT doctor who liked to shoot his mouth off ) "
then you can tell them go stick it!

From a letter distributed to faculty members
"• We have committed to and will soon begin providing gender-affirming surgery as another important element of our overall care program, reflecting careful consideration over the past year of best practices and the appropriate provision of care for transgender individuals. "

This makes me so happy it gets :) :) :) :) :) :)

rotk1763.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's good to see Johns Hopkins shifting to a science based decision.

I had to go there once for a diagnostic opinion because they have a lot of highly competent faculty members, but the institution itself struck me as being very traditional and conservative, with a fair amount of political infighting.
 
So, I got confused - there are too many similar sounding hate groups :rolleyes:

American College of Pediatricians has no more than 200 members and advocates
“The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex,” the statement reads. “Facts — not ideology — determine reality.”

The 36,000-member American Psychiatric Association, which defines mental illnesses through its Diagnostics and Statistics Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), says the exact opposite, explaining, “It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder.” It is only distress associated with such an identity that should be treated — and treated with affirmation.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top