New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

The pre-approved stories are showing up under "Sent Back" in the new control panel at the moment. It will make the jump when it goes live sometime after midnight.

I have a submission pending with a date of posting (tomorrow), but this page didn't show it on the list and under pending, it says 0. Just a fluke, or are submitted stories not going to show on a list between submission and posting?
 
I meant to ask earlier, what will happen to the recent activity page? That is where I get a lot of my information. Searching 238 stories for a new comment or favorite would be a pain.


The My Home/All Activity appears to function similarly to the Recent Activity link - that's where I see new activity on my stories now.

I agree with you that it would be very nice to have the text showing faves/scores/views etc a darker shade of gray.

I would say reducing the font size of the story titles a few pixels would be fine, however, even on a phone screen (iPhone 6). And as it's the first time I logged in using the new panel on my phone, I see that the All Activity title is replaced here by Latest Activity! Huh, strange but cool.
 
The My Home/All Activity appears to function similarly to the Recent Activity link - that's where I see new activity on my stories now.

I agree with you that it would be very nice to have the text showing faves/scores/views etc a darker shade of gray.

I would say reducing the font size of the story titles a few pixels would be fine, however, even on a phone screen (iPhone 6). And as it's the first time I logged in using the new panel on my phone, I see that the All Activity title is replaced here by Latest Activity! Huh, strange but cool.

Duh! I was looking at the examples he gave and completely forgot about the My Home page.
 
2. We have compacted the height of the Story Listing block on the Works screens and increased the number of works per page. You can see that change here:
https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works

Please have a look and let us know if you have further suggestions for improvement.

We are now working to restore the raw number of views/comments on stories.

Thank you for all of the ongoing feedback!

Thanks for increasing the number of works per page. It means a lot less paging. Is it possible to just scroll the entire list instead of paging?

I noticed that when I moved my mouse to the number of views (15.5k) it showed the actual number of views (15505). Thanks for that improvement.
 
Hi Manu,

A few comments:

1) Is there a way to make the icons bigger on the activities list? Like with the old system, where you see a big red heart for favorite, and a big white bubble for a comment.

2) Is there a way to link to the comment section whenever someone leaves a comment on a story? (ie like the old system)

3) Also, is there any way to bring back the past 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days feature for recent activities, which the old system had? It's much easier than having to keep scrolling down, especially if it's been a "busy" day, meaning if there are tons of favs on the day of a new story.

4) As a note, the updated recent activties list doesn't show when someone added favorite authors. It only shows comments and favorites on a story.

thanks

heyall
 
Just a quick observation (not at home right now)

- the reading list --> favorite stories section doesn't show all the stories in the folder, should be 203 as indicated above but only displays 50 or so and the search function doesn't show all the stories I have on the list (normally visible on the old version).
 
Higher number follower listings are now working :) ( At least up to a shade over 1200 )

Finally let me cross-reference all my lists to find out I have 2720 unique followers and 133 that cross one or more lists. I'd be in the top 50 if all my stuff was in one name :eek:
 
Haven't ran in to any troubles although one thing I have noticed is when I updated my details and hit save nothing happened. There wasn't any feedback and I had to quit out and come back to see that they had taken effect.

Otherwise it is a million times better than the old one, especially the Works view.
 
Another one, though this one might be so because it's still in the BETA stage:

- the options menu doesn't react to changes, or rather the save button doesn't do anything and when I try to lave it asks if I'm sure I want t discard the changes.
 
Okay, I just had a look at this. First impression: Why is everything so HUGE? I guess it's designed for phone users? PLEASE make it adjustable for desktop users. As it is, it's scroll scroll scroll, click click click, pain in the ass, pain in the ass, pain in the ass. With the exception of the new story search box, which I like, I much prefer the old control panel.

Also, I just read the comment about how tags for italics don't work in Preview? That would be horrible - I use lot's of italics, and absolutely need to be able to see if I've tagged them correctly.
 
Suggestion I haven't seen so far.

I'd like to see a night mode option. Ideally site-wide but on this panel as well.

Off-white text on a dark background is a lot less straining on the eyes and easier to read than black text on a white background.
Black text on white background seems natural since that's the way that text looks on paper, but paper doesn't emit bright light.

Besides that, I agree with everyone else. The font is too big for a 16:9 monitor, and there's a lot of wasted space on the right side.
 
Woow, I here I am thinking that the development on this great site was dead for ages :)

I really like the new look, and hope that the rest of the site will follow soon.

I do have some ideas on enhancements of the Stories part of the site .. should I post them here or is there a better place for that?
 
Another one, though this one might be so because it's still in the BETA stage:

- the options menu doesn't react to changes, or rather the save button doesn't do anything and when I try to lave it asks if I'm sure I want t discard the changes.

Maybe its because the page automatically fills in https:// in the website editbox where there is no site set.. but then doesnt accept this as a valid entry when clicking save....
 
A minor bug: I liked that it was obvious on how to change my title. My title currently is "Really Really Experienced". I decided to change it to "Romantic Incest Writer". However, I get an error message that the maximum length of a title is 20 letters. However, it's obviously longer than that as "Really Really Experienced" is 25 letters.
 
Really like the new look. Does the 'All Activity' page show new favorites from authors in my favorites? Generally I'm going to have similar taste to them so it would be really good if it does.
 
Love It!

It's different, so a lot of people will complain, but I think the new Control Panel is a lot cleaner with an updated look and feel.

My favorite new feature is being alerted when an author you're following posts a new story. Great for following chapterized stories.

My only suggestion is on the All Activity tab, include the forum in the posts about new stories that have been published, like they are in the Author Activity listing.

Great job in continuing to make this great site even better!

John
 
Laurel and Manu are awesome!

The more I explore, the more I like it. You've thought of some amazing things for authors, like sorting stories by number of comments or by score, that I would never have asked for but really enjoy. The one practical thing that I liked right away is being able to put all of your tags into one box, separated by commas. That's so much easier than the old system. Another great feature is having pending stories listed separately. No more scrolling and scrolling to find whether your latest story has been posted. I like the way you can hover over the total clicks to get the exact number. I really haven't found anything I don't like. Congratulations!
 
Tags

I like the look of the new page but I hope the list off all erotic story categories stays available as is. It is perfect where it is. I would like a feature added to the site to allow readers to suggest tags as many authors must not understand what ones are relevent and miss label. If same tag is suggested 3 or 5 times it can be added to list on the story in question.
 
I like the look of the new page but I hope the list off all erotic story categories stays available as is. It is perfect where it is. I would like a feature added to the site to allow readers to suggest tags as many authors must not understand what ones are relevent and miss label. If same tag is suggested 3 or 5 times it can be added to list on the story in question.

Thank you for the feedback. Can you explain what this line means so that I'm sure I understand what you would rather we not change:

"I hope the list off all erotic story categories stays available as is"


Thank you again!
 
The more I explore, the more I like it. You've thought of some amazing things for authors, like sorting stories by number of comments or by score, that I would never have asked for but really enjoy. The one practical thing that I liked right away is being able to put all of your tags into one box, separated by commas. That's so much easier than the old system. Another great feature is having pending stories listed separately. No more scrolling and scrolling to find whether your latest story has been posted. I like the way you can hover over the total clicks to get the exact number. I really haven't found anything I don't like. Congratulations!

Wow, thank you for the very kind feedback. I'm always waiting for the big "but", but it didn't come this time! :D:D:D
 
New Control Panel Update

We just rolled out a small update to the new Control Panel that includes the following changes:

1. Story Lists (including Favorites and Read Later) should now display 500+ stories. There was a bug that prevented pagination from working on most lists, which meant that users with large Favorites lists couldn't see any story beyond #50.

2. Your username now appears at the top of the Logged In menu on the right side of the header. It should make it clear which account is logged in even if you haven't updated your user icon (but we still encourage you to update your user icon because it appears in the activity feeds of users who follow you).

3. We are doing away with "Other" languages for stories and we will be adding specific languages to the site as stories are submitted in those languages.

4. Fixed an issue with the page scrolling up when the "Add Story To List" icon was clicked. We are still not 100% sure that this is working as expected on all browsers and we would appreciate any bug reports about the Add To List feature.

Please keep sending all of the feedback and suggestions and thank you again for your help and support!

:D
 
Hi Manu,

Hope you're doing well. I may be jumping a little ahead, but any idea when the new site rollout will occur? (Or at least an open preview of it) Can't wait to see it!

Heyall
 
I like the slick design and the way information is displayed on the "Works" page; and I think the "Explore" menu is particularly fabulous. So much easier to access other parts of the site and various kinds of information this way.

I'm not really seeing much to object to. I should find it pretty easy and enjoyable to use.
 
What I Need:

• The option to sort followers by name or date they followed you. Right now they're sorted by when they registered with Literotica, which I don't have any use for if I need to find someone specific.

• Links to stories or other profiles should automatically open up in new tabs, this way you don't have to navigate back to the control panel.

This is what a comment looks like on a Literotica story page. I'll admit, I picked this one out because I'm quite proud of it. But it also nicely demonstrates my point: This is what that same comment looks like in the comment moderation section of the new Literotica control panel. For the sake of my eyes, and -- I have to believe -- for the sake of so many other pairs of eyes, please get comment moderation to recognize line breaks in comments.

What I Want and Will Occasionally Stamp My Feet and Cry About Like a Child Being Dragged Out of Target Without the Action Figure That Caught His Eye:

• More detailed breakdowns of views and votes. In addition to raw numbers, I'd love to see views charted along a line graph and learn when a story might be trending upward, when it's hitting a lull, etc. I'd also love to see votes on a bar graph too; a punchline isn't very effective without a good setup. I want to know more about how people are voting on my work. You can argue that I don't really need to know this information, but writers are freakin' stat junkies when it comes to their work and they'll suck up any information they can get about who's reading their shit, who's liking their shit, and who's hating their shit. (And actually, having views charted along a line graph is VERY useful for writers inclined to advertise their work, so that they have an idea of what's working and what isn't.)

All that said, I really like this! I especially like seeing, right there, if any members following me have written stories of their own so I can quickly return the favor. I really appreciate the effort here.
 
Back
Top