GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course!
a7632218f604744a

Thank you dear:kiss::heart::rose:

Thanks, Lezli. I'm in Killeen (where the Fort Hood shootings were) and this is just a bit unnerving for me to do this. I drive an automatic. Dad tried to teach me a standard but I just couldn't get the coordination together. After stalling on a busy road, I gave up cause he got bent out of shape.

Mark, that's yer bum not yer thumb!

Hey light thanks for the kind words, the link doesn't take you to the story though, just a picture of my web badge.

If you're offering to edit though....that could be arranged.:)

diz has offered too and I am returning the favour for someone else over on the AH.

Hey Jaz, I don't know where you are at, or what kind of snow you get, but happy to provide pointers.

go, slow,
leave lots of room for stopping,
signal well in advance

if you are spinning your wheels at the light, put it in second and very slowly apply pressure to the gas (if you have a standard this will work)
be gentle with the brakes, if you start to slide, take your foot
:eek::eek::D:D:eek::eek:
off the brake (counter intuitive but true) and slowly and easily straighten the wheel, a little at a time
when you are driving on something that has no snow, but looks shiny, slowly put the brakes on to see if it is black ice, do this periodically so you know what you are driving on
best way to get comfortable, go to a deserted parking lot, drive, put on brakes (fast to see what happens, then slow to see what happens) compare, do some doughnuts (spin in circles- no its not stunting, you are learning how to react if this happens in real life), purposely go into a skid and remember to take your foot off the brakes and steer out of it, etc, just play where it is safe.
Hope that helps
You could probably google winter driving tips or even try youtube, bet you could find some visuals to line up what I said above.

Best of luck!

*scans post*
Hey now Lezli, exactly what are you and Jaz tawking about?

4e7df3643ce1c3f4

Help yourselves everyone!

*except mark....gonna serve you a glass of an extra strong version of Sangria ;)*

Would you be trying to get me intoxicated so you can have your way with me?

If so, you dont need to get me intoxicated..
:cattail:

Mark, that's yer bum not yer thumb!

Hey light thanks for the kind words, the link doesn't take you to the story though, just a picture of my web badge.

If you're offering to edit though....that could be arranged.:)

diz has offered too and I am returning the favour for someone else over on the AH.

Hey Jaz, I don't know where you are at, or what kind of snow you get, but happy to provide pointers.

go, slow,
signal well in advance
if you are spinning your wheels at the light, put it in second and very slowly apply pressure to the gas (if you have a standard this will work)
be gentle with the brakes, if you start to slide, take your foot off the brake (counter intuitive but true) and slowly and easily straighten the wheel, a little at a time
when you are driving on something that has no snow, but looks shiny, slowly put the brakes on to see if it is black ice, do this periodically so you know what you are driving on
best way to get comfortable, go to a deserted parking lot, drive, put on brakes (fast to see what happens, then slow to see what happens) compare, do some doughnuts (spin in circles- no its not stunting, you are learning how to react if this happens in real life), purposely go into a skid and remember to take your foot off the brakes and steer out of it, etc, just play where it is safe.
Hope that helps
You could probably google winter driving tips or even try youtube, bet you could find some visuals to line up what I said above.

Best of luck!

Why thank you for noticing Lezli..;):kiss:

Excellent advice on the winter driving there too..:rose:

*scans post*
Hey now Lezli, exactly what are you and Jaz tawking about?

damn girl, you are onto our secret talk, now I am going to have to come over there, tie you up and convince you to join our cult :devil:

i think though, you may enjoy it

Disclaimer:
Once she starts rubbing....

:devil:

go, slow,
signal well in advance
be gentle with the brakes, if you start to slide, take your foot

off the brake (counter intuitive but true) and slowly and easily straighten the wheel, a little at a time
Hope that helps

Why thank you for noticing Lezli..;):kiss:

Excellent advice on the winter driving there too..:rose:

hey just cuz I haven't touched one in years doesn't mean I don't recognize a fine spec-i-man when I see one:D

Yah, lots of winter driving here, getting out of my driveway is the toughest part of the drive some days, but the highways can be fun when it's a white out and they haven't plowed yet.

hey just cuz I haven't touched one in years doesn't mean I don't recognize a fine spec-i-man when I see one:D

Yah, lots of winter driving here, getting out of my driveway is the toughest part of the drive some days, but the highways can be fun when it's a white out and they haven't plowed yet.

LOL.
Well you are welcome to touch mine, in a purely non threatening non sexual way of course..:)

damn girl, you are onto our secret talk, now I am going to have to come over there, tie you up and convince you to join our cult :devil:

i think though, you may enjoy it

:D
You are a funny woman!
And did you know you chose, "Lemon Chiffon" as your font colour?

Because if you did, that is fucking awesome.
Legally.
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back