Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
22ATW72Cd2L.png
id8253.jpg
130px-Buca_di_Beppo.png


https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmu6Tk0si82yq2F4ix401yDhGeR1sGk8HgyU9VRyNNqlX-b-vd
location_downtown.jpg
Del%2BFrisco%2527s


bristol-bar-grille.jpg


l.jpg
 
It was an odd day I hope never to repeat.
Returning home after a pre-daylight emergency we drove through McDonalds.

I had a Sausage egg McMuffin.

Some more stuff went wrong during the day. We had planned a leisurely lunch, but ended up at Taco Bell on account of where we were and time constraints. I normally avoid the place. I like the taste of dried onions and peppers, but I can't stomach fresh ones.

I had a steak burrito with avacado sans pico de gallo .

The afternoon went well, but when we returned home, we couldn't get in, so we went out to a local place that serves a sort of cowboy cuisine.

I had some well prepared calamari and a 1/2 pound wood grilled mushroom swiss burger with lettuce and two slices of tomato.
 
Was raised on meat, potatoes and veggies, my favorite now is pizza, dark chocolate and red wine, all healthy stuff, started cooking about a decade ago, of late, if, and when I do cook, it's best to have ear plugs, keeps your brains in.
 
Oodles of black bean soup.

attachment.php


There was even more soup in the pot to the right. Containers to be frozen.
 
Last edited:
Cheese ravioli in brown butter and sage. Baked tomato with garlic and olive oil. It was very tasty.
 
Tonight: Pan fried chicken breasts with mushroom sauce (using 3 kinds of local mushrooms in a white wine and chicken stock broth),steamed fresh broccoli and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes.
 
Tonight: Pan fried chicken breasts with mushroom sauce (using 3 kinds of local mushrooms in a white wine and chicken stock broth),steamed fresh broccoli and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes.

Sounds good!

Cheese ravioli in brown butter and sage. Baked tomato with garlic and olive oil. It was very tasty.

That sounds delish!

This thread is making me hungry.
 
Pierogi, just like my immigrant great-grandmother would make:

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaVu7Wqu7UQj2RSmSGrI4YkY29klNo47XaCOBVbHom-Ylo_JGtiQ

Well, maybe she'd have more bacon, butter, and onions on them
 
Key Lime pie flavored yogurt and Irish Breakfast tea for breakfast.

Left over beef stew and a whole wheat English Muffin for lunch.
 
Hi Yossy.


And:

Beans
Salt
Pepper
Onion
Garlic
Water.

Simmer everything for 4-5 hours.
 
Dinner by candlelight.

Fresh barra, gourmet potatoes, fresh green beans and nice Barossa Valley cab sauv. So good. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtNaVaqAKk

Can tell you're an Aussie.mmmmmmmmmmmm barramundi! I remember a barra meal I had at Daly Waters pub..in the NT in the early 90's on a trip round Australia. Which also brings to mind the lovely lady who shared the meal..and kisses later that night..and moonlight swims in the Mataranka hot springs a few nights later. ahh the memories!
and the food!
 
I made 7-veg soup for dinner..... mainly because my daughters bf doesn't eat veg unless I cook it!
Every scrap was gone. And I made about 6 litres!
 
Oh... and btw.... tomorrow night is Ralphie :D
I have a gorgeous leg roast to cook..... grain-fed lamb with rosemary and garlic stuffing, served witb roast baby potatoes, sauted mushroims, baked parsnip, hot-water diced broccoli and rosemary gravy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top