Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

You are the best. And I sit and wonder if you have a life outside of eXcessica?

Thanks for all your hard work.

You sit and wonder about me? :cathappy:

Actually, it's just that most of my actual writing time has been taken up by eXcessica business stuff... *sigh* Everything else, is the same... so the kids are fed and bathed and the house is (mostly) clean... I just wish I had more time to actually write! (ah the irony... :eek: )

Actually, it's just that most of my actual writing time has been taken up by eXcessica business stuff... *sigh* Everything else, is the same... so the kids are fed and bathed and the house is (mostly) clean... I just wish I had more time to actually write! (ah the irony... :eek: )

Writer turned Publisher...you expect to have time to write? :eek:

I don't think we thank you enough, Selena. I know it's got to be hard work and to deal with some of us (at least me) can't be a picnic at times.

So thanks for creating excessica and giving us fledgling authors a chance to spread our wings. :)

I had my first order!!!! :D

I have made my first dollar as an author. :eek:

Last edited:
I don't think we thank you enough, Selena. I know it's got to be hard work and to deal with some of us (at least me) can't be a picnic at times.

So thanks for creating excessica and giving us fledgling authors a chance to spread our wings. :)

What she said. ;):rose:

I had my first order!!!! :D

I have made my first dollar as an author. :eek:

Hell of a rush, ain't it? Congrats.

I keep going out to Amazon to look at my print copy. That's what does it for me. :cathappy:

You have to go to Amazon to see your print copy? You can't get them to send it to you? :eek:

But then maybe you're in the same boat as I am--12 listed on Amazon in print versions from eXcessica and I can't risk having a copy of any of them in the house. I have the walls of my home office plastered with framed covers of my books--someone the other day remarked on "Oh, my, that many?" and I could only think, "If only you knew."

You have to go to Amazon to see your print copy? You can't get them to send it to you? :eek:

But then maybe you're in the same boat as I am--12 listed on Amazon in print versions from eXcessica and I can't risk having a copy of any of them in the house. I have the walls of my home office plastered with framed covers of my books--someone the other day remarked on "Oh, my, that many?" and I could only think, "If only you knew."

It's not the same. I want to see it on store shelves and for sale on line. It's a real high for me. I haven't had a chance, yet, to order copies for myself, but I will. If there is anyone in my life who takes exception to what I write, that's their problem. I live my life in the open and take full responsibility for who and what I am. I'm too proud of my hard work to hide it. This is my life-long dream, doll. And it's finally starting to happen. ;)

Now, if I can only get the local Barnes and Noble on board with all this...

It's not the same. I want to see it on store shelves and for sale on line. It's a real high for me. I haven't had a chance, yet, to order copies for myself, but I will. If there is anyone in my life who takes exception to what I write, that's their problem. I live my life in the open and take full responsibility for who and what I am. I'm too proud of my hard work to hide it. This is my life-long dream, doll. And it's finally starting to happen. ;)

Afraid you're not going to see books taking this route to publishing on any bookstore shelves. (And in fact, you'll make far less off of print sales--even by unit--than off e-book sales.)

You'll need to take other routes (and it's not because it's erotica) if you want to see your name on book spines on bookstore shelves. It is a thrill, though, I can tell you--with some special surprises. I was leaning up against a B&N shelf a couple of months ago, listening to someone else pitching her book, and glanced down and saw one of my titles. Completely out of the blue. Stopped listening to the lady up front entirely and kept shifting my eyes to the book shelf, hoping someone else would notice my book there. (Which, of course, no one else did.)

Congrats on making the top-ten publisher quality rating list with your eXcessica book, by the way (even though yours going on knocked one of mine off that list).

Afraid you're not going to see books taking this route to publishing on any bookstore shelves. (And in fact, you'll make far less off of print sales--even by unit--than off e-book sales.)

You'll need to take other routes (and it's not because it's erotica) if you want to see your name on book spines on bookstore shelves. It is a thrill, though, I can tell you--with some special surprises. I was leaning up against a B&N shelf a couple of months ago, listening to someone else pitching her book, and glanced down and saw one of my titles. Completely out of the blue. Stopped listening to the lady up front entirely and kept shifting my eyes to the book shelf, hoping someone else would notice my book there. (Which, of course, no one else did.)

Congrats on making the top-ten publisher quality rating list with your eXcessica book, by the way (even though yours going on knocked one of mine off that list).

I know that, Captain Killjoy. :rolleyes: But the more attention I can get to my work, the better it will be in the future when I go out once more to find a larger publisher. Right now, though, I'm just enjoying the rush. Don't spoil it for me.

Thank you, too, for the congrats. Sorry about slapping you off the list. Don't worry, you'll be back. :kiss:

I know that, Captain Killjoy. :rolleyes: But the more attention I can get to my work, the better it will be in the future when I go out once more to find a larger publisher. Right now, though, I'm just enjoying the rush. Don't spoil it for me.

Thank you, too, for the congrats. Sorry about slapping you off the list. Don't worry, you'll be back. :kiss:

Umm, no, continuing the reality look, this type of publishing is less of a "good thing" with mainline publishers than if you didn't do it at all (which is a big reason I don't reveal I have books launched this way). There's a huge bias against this form of publishing in mainline publishing houses. You'd be better not to mention it at all when/if you go the agent/mainline publishing route.

Have a nice rush, though. This route has shown itself to be more lucrative than I'd thought it would be--and it has its own set of fan mailers, which is very nice.

And "back"? I still have four other titles on that list--what yours did was just to keep me from being able to say I owned half of the total list. :)

Umm, no, continuing the reality look, this type of publishing is less of a "good thing" with mainline publishers than if you didn't do it at all (which is a big reason I don't reveal I have books launched this way). There's a huge bias against this form of publishing in mainline publishing houses. You'd be better not to mention it at all when/if you go the agent/mainline publishing route.

Have a nice rush, though. This route has shown itself to be more lucrative than I'd thought it would be--and it has its own set of fan mailers, which is very nice.

And "back"? I still have four other titles on that list--what yours did was just to keep me from being able to say I owned half of the total list. :)

You can be such a snot! lol :p

It's true, the "print" books are going to sell less than E... at least, if sales so far are any indication. :eek:

(And Ms. Molly is beating you out in that dept, at least so far! :D So far, with a whole four books sold, she's beating all of us!)

But it is rather a thrill to see them in the flesh, so to speak. ;)

It's true, the "print" books are going to sell less than E... at least, if sales so far are any indication. :eek:

(And Ms. Molly is beating you out in that dept, at least so far! :D So far, with a whole four books sold, she's beating all of us!)

He really knows how to take the fun out of a moment, doesn't he? He and my mother would get along great. :rolleyes:

I sold four copies already? Sweet!

Oh, give me a break. Why shouldn't people trying this out be aware of reality? (is it better for them to be left to misconstrue reality?)--it doesn't have to hurt their euphoria over the successes such as they are as long as they are realistic in their expectations. That certainly would lessen the disappointments down the road. No one benefits from being purposely blind.

(And frankly, that public comparison of our print book sales is out of line, Selena--especially since I said I didn't care if you brought my books to print at all, since you get all of the profit from them and I take nothing. I told that you that there was greater profit [for you] from the e-books over print.)

Incidentally, the differences are expainable by industry patterns. The shelf life for a book, e-book or print, is two weeks of initial release. Molly's book just came out. It's still in its front-shelf life. (But you all would prefer not knowing how these things work, wouldn't you?)

Geezz. Amateurs.

Last edited:
Oh, give me a break. Why shouldn't people trying this out be aware of reality? (is it better for them to be left to misconstrue reality?)--it doesn't have to hurt their euphoria over the successes such as they are as long as they are realistic in their expectations. That certainly would lessen the disappointments down the road. No one benefits from being purposely blind.

(And frankly, that public comparison of our print book sales is out of line, Selena--especially since I said I didn't care if you brought my books to print at all, since you get all of the profit from them and I take nothing. I told that you that there was greater profit [for you] from the e-books over print.)

Incidentally, the differences are expainable by industry patterns. The shelf life for a book, e-book or print, is two weeks of initial release. Molly's book just came out. It's still in its front-shelf life. (But you all would prefer not knowing how these things work, would you?)

Geezz. Amateurs.

Yes, we're amateurs, Pilot. And you're a smug, angry, disillusioned man. You have no right to attack Selena in this manner. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm very disappointed in you. I thought you were a better person than this.

To be perfectly honest, dear man, no one asked for your opinion on this matter. A couple of us were just enjoying a sweet moment in our lives and you had to throw cold water in our faces. I, for one, don't believe that I'll get rich off this. It's not going to make or break my career as a writer, but it's a start. I don't need you to tell me that I'm being unrealistic. No one appointed you the grand master of publishing world wisdom and I don't need your take on it.

What gives you the right to make us "aware of reality"? Honestly, Pilot. You're treating us with disrespect and acting as if we can't think for ourselves. Did it ever occur to you that many of us have done our own homework and have been out there plugging away as long as you have? Just because you have other types of books in print does not mean you have more knowledge. It only means you got lucky.

Take off your arrogance hat, sit your butt down and give yourself a good talking to. You're doing the same thing you've accused so many others of doing. You're being mean.

Yes, we're amateurs, Pilot. And you're a smug, angry, disillusioned man. You have no right to attack Selena in this manner. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm very disappointed in you. I thought you were a better person than this.

To be perfectly honest, dear man, no one asked for your opinion on this matter. A couple of us were just enjoying a sweet moment in our lives and you had to throw cold water in our faces. I, for one, don't believe that I'll get rich off this. It's not going to make or break my career as a writer, but it's a start. I don't need you to tell me that I'm being unrealistic. No one appointed you the grand master of publishing world wisdom and I don't need your take on it.

What gives you the right to make us "aware of reality"? Honestly, Pilot. You're treating us with disrespect and acting as if we can't think for ourselves. Did it ever occur to you that many of us have done our own homework and have been out there plugging away as long as you have? Just because you have other types of books in print does not mean you have more knowledge. It only means you got lucky.

Take off your arrogance hat, sit your butt down and give yourself a good talking to. You're doing the same thing you've accused so many others of doing. You're being mean.

You were posting about trotting off to Barnes and Noble and getting the book on the shelves there. Tell me who is disillusional.

And, no, as a publisher, it's Selena who was (professionally) out of line.

Last edited:
You were posting about trotting off to Barnes and Noble and getting the book on the shelves there. Tell me who is disillusional?

And, no, as a publisher, it's Selena who was (professionally) out of line.

I said my LOCAL B&N. Foolish one, they showcase local talent on a regular basis. But, your not being a local here, you could never understand that. You just jumped right in and set me straight, didn't you?

You, sir, are so far out of line, it's painful. The only number she gave was the number of sales on MY book, and I don't take exception to it. It's all in fun and you're the one taking everything too seriously.

I said my LOCAL B&N. Foolish one, they showcase local talent on a regular basis. But, your not being a local here, you could never understand that. You just jumped right in and set me straight, didn't you?

You, sir, are so far out of line, it's painful. The only number she gave was the number of sales on MY book, and I don't take exception to it. It's all in fun and you're the one taking everything too seriously.

Your LOCAL B&N can't independently put books on shelves. If you want to have them adopt a book that doesn't come through their national buyers, you have to send two copies to the regional office with a pitch on why it should be shelved--even just in your local B&N.

Try it and prove me wrong.

And, no, Selena didn't just refer to your print books sales. Don't be disingenuous.

Last edited:
Your LOCAL B&N can't independently put books on shelves. If you want to have them adopt a book that doesn't come through their national buyers, you have to send two copies to the regional office with a pitch on why it should be shelved--even just in your local B&N.

Try it and prove me wrong.

I, unlike you, don't have to prove anything. I'm not so small as all that.

Incidently, I wasn't talking about them putting the book on the self. I was talking about a showcase. A book signing. It's a local thing they do here.

This was what you posted.

Let's not move the goal posts too far out of position.

Last edited:
Oh, give me a break.

Oh give ME a break! :rolleyes:

You were being a snot, teasing Molly about having four titles on the "bestseller" list to her one... I don't care one way or the other about your insistence on giving the "amateurs" 'round here your reality checks. They're either helpful, if snide, or shrugable, depending on your view. *shrug* :p

My reciprocal teasing about print sales was just a little dose of your own medicine back.

As for profits, I didn't put yours in print to make one... I put them in print because I wanted to see as many of our eXcessica titles "in the flesh" as I could. It was fun. (A lot of work, granted, but worth it, I think. ;) ) You can pull them at any time, ya know.

Remember, this venture is a partnership, not some corporation. If you want to work with professionals, then go find some. :p

Oh give ME a break! :rolleyes:

You were being a snot, teasing Molly about having four titles on the "bestseller" list to her one... I don't care one way or the other about your insistence on giving the "amateurs" 'round here your reality checks. They're either helpful, if snide, or shrugable, depending on your view. *shrug* :p

My reciprocal teasing about print sales was just a little dose of your own medicine back.

As for profits, I didn't put yours in print to make one... I put them in print because I wanted to see as many of our eXcessica titles "in the flesh" as I could. It was fun. (A lot of work, granted, but worth it, I think. ;) ) You can pull them at any time, ya know.

Remember, this venture is a partnership, not some corporation. If you want to work with professionals, then go find some. :p

Perhaps you didn't read in on the thread. I voluntarily congratulated Molly both on making the best-seller list and making the top-rated list (not that she's ever done that for me). I was bantering too in what I thought was a gracious way by noting I was congratulating her even though her top-rated appearance knocked one of mine off that list. Her answer--maybe you'll get back on the list someday.

I got into the B&N business out of a concern for her--an "oh, no, it doesn't mean that; don't embarrasses yourself by stumbling into that snake pit." It's typical of those who haven't actually done the research to bite the hand of those trying to help them not fall into the pit.

Talk to the sock puppet about not being into it for profit.

Talk to the sock puppet about not being into it for profit.

Why are you biting the hand that so graciously put your work out there on a paying venue that allows you to get off on such things as sales numbers and ratings? That's just folly.

Back