What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is a big problem.

what irkes me is this war on terror and then the war on American's. I'm not a fan of the patriot act.

So why the vehement support of the people who push that agenda?

how many countries is obama dropping bombs in right now? hum...most of Africa

Not a fucking thing to do with how much the GOP LURVVVS their uber mega government as long as it's doing what THEY want.
 
You weren't born yet either when the Republicans put the first black Senator and congressman in office either.:rolleyes:

Numb nuts.

If you were a man, you would have just admitted that you were wrong in your initial statement.

But then you've never been a man, so it would be foolish to expect you to act like one.
 
Maher: Rubio's a 'Shameless Liar' for Saying Obama Created More Debt Than Bush


NewsBusters readers know that one of my guilty pleasures is exposing Bill Maher's lack of knowledge on subjects he pompously pounds the table about.

On Tuesday evening, Maher gave me a doozy when he wrote on Facebook, "Wow, what a shameless liar this Marco Rubio guy is - Obama created more debt than Bush? Well, if you don't believe in science, why not math too?"

For a little background, Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fl.) gave Tuesday evening's Republican response to President Obama's State of the Union address.

In it he said, "The President loves to blame the debt on President Bush. But President Obama created more debt in four years than his predecessor did in eight."

Maher apparently doesn't agree with this.

What's funny about this is Maher has recently been running an online ad for his HBO Real Time program wherein he repeatedly talks about "the facts."

With this in mind, let's go to TreasuryDirect.gov and find "the facts."

On January 19, 2001, the day before George W. Bush was sworn in, the total federal debt to the penny was $5,727,776,738,304.64.

On January 20, 2009, the day Bush left office and Barack Obama was sworn in, the debt to the penny was $10,626,877,048,913.08.

As such, under Bush, the debt rose by $4.899 trillion.

As of January 18, 2013, the debt stands at $16,432,619,424,703.06.

As such, in Obama's first four years in office, the debt rose $5.806 trillion.

Those are "the facts" directly from the Treasury's website.



Of course, Maher - like so many in the media - blames much of Obama's debt on Bush's recession, wars, and tax cuts.

But presidents - at least most prior to Obama - don't get to blame their budgets on their predecessors.

If that were the case, Bush's total debt should be reduced given the fact that he inherited a recession from Bill Clinton as well as a massive shortfall in tax revenues when the stock bubble burst.

But folks like Maher don't consider such things. This makes too much sense.

Adding to this is the fact that Obama as Senator voted for Bush's final budget. He then voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program of 2008 and signed as President the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in February 2009.

Both measures exploded spending under Bush's final budget completely with Obama's approval.

Despite what folks such as Maher claim, Obama's fingerprints are all over every single penny of debt created in 2009 and thereafter.

In the end, Obama's media - including of course Maher - have done everything in their power since the current White House resident was inaugurated to shield him from any criticism.

All the problems in the world including the almost $6 trillion in debt expansion the last four years are Bush's fault.

Will Obama ever be responsible for any of the ills of the nation during his presidency?

Not if people such as Maher have their way.


Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ng-obama-created-more-debt-bush#ixzz2Krbn6cHb
 
POINTS AND FIGURES: European GDP Takes A Nosedive. “The multiplier effect of government spending is 0. You cannot tax and spend your way to economic prosperity.” Somebody tell Obama.
 
Doesn't he see the billions wasted not only in US but worldwide

When does someone stand up a say

WHAT THE FUCK CAN YOU BE THINKING?

#GREENFAIL: Another dud in federal battery program. “President Barack Obama used his fifth State of the Union address to extol the virtue and job-creating power of federal investment in solar, wind and advanced battery development. Maybe he should have consulted his Department of Energy first. In a scathing report issued Wednesday, the department’s Office of Inspector General said LG Chem Michigan Inc. misused most of $150 million in federal grants to build its battery cell manufacturing plant in Holland. The company used taxpayer dollars to pay employees to volunteer at local nonprofits, play games and watch movies.”

And, effectively, to vote Democratic. I’ll bet they delivered on that one.
 
You weren't born yet either when the Republicans put the first black Senator and congressman in office either.:rolleyes:

Numb nuts.

Hurt you when I took your ass to school, didn't it?

Stay pressed, bitch.

tumblr_lpbxj1hayi1r0zbwoo1_400.gif
 
Not a chance, I was referring to candidates that had a prayer of winning. Go back and learn more about your American black history.

No, you didn't.

You said there were no black candidates before Obama. IN REFERENCE TO VOTING RACIALLY.

I gave you ALL of them.

Now that I bitch slapped your ass on historical verity, you're trying to run it back on another switch so you look good in front of your shitstain bottoms.

Go shift that goalpost a little further down the field and build up your biceps, trick.

tumblr_mbe04nohFW1qgvyhk.gif
 
No credible black candidates you big dummy. Hundreds of wackos have run for president you idiot.

My biceps are already big enough. Now go get your indoctrination and shut the fuck up.

They were in the running, you stupid fuck. Endorsed by their own parties, you stupid fuck. Same as your white candidate bitches, you stupid fuck.

Enough to make partisan assholes like you shit your pants and scream when they say anything, you basic bitch.

Everything you post here is proof of that. All your bitching is proof of that. The racist shitstains you enable here are proof of that.

Eat the bitch slap I gave you like a man and own it, pussy. If you need some ketchup to make it go down better, just ask.
 
worth reading

Minnesota Democrats discover their party really likes taxes



Via my former radio partner Mitch Berg, the Associated Press brings us an example of willful political blindness from right here in my home state. Patrick Condon reports on prominent businessmen who have built and/or run successful organizations, and yet never realized that their support for the DFL (Minnesota’s name for the Democratic Party) and Mark Dayton would mean –gasp — higher taxes. Now that Dayton and the DFL-controlled state legislature has pushed through its higher-spending agenda, they want to hike taxes on those same businesses. Suddenly, the scales have begun to fall from their eyes:


Dik Bolger is a lifelong Minnesota Democrat, a gray-bearded baby boomer with a braid down his back whose Minneapolis printing company’s plant displays work by local artists and sculptors. He backed Mark Dayton for governor, but his take on the Democratic chief executive’s plan for new business taxes could be the voice-over for a Republican campaign commercial.

“We’re screwed,” Bolger said, if the tax goes through. His 79-year-old company competes nationwide and overseas for work with major brands like Chanel. “If you’re bidding for a $100,000 job on a national basis and tax expenses push you a couple of percent higher, then I’m not competitive.”

What about people whose business is to manage money and wealth? Shouldn’t they have been able to do the math on the DFL’s big-spending agenda?


“I’m the kind of person willing to pay more in taxes because of all the attributes and benefits Minnesota offers,” said John Taft, CEO of Minneapolis-based RBC Wealth Management. “But you do reach a tipping point where the cost of government gets too high and this would push us past that tipping point.”

Excuse me, but one can always pay higher taxes voluntarily. What Taft means in this case is more like this: I’m the kind of person willing to force everyone else to pay more in taxes, until it hammers my own bottom line. That’s apparently the tipping point for Taft, Bolger, and the other businessmen who supported Dayton and the DFL without reconciling the need to actually pay for all of the “attributes and benefits” that they promised.

These taxes will hammer small businesses harder than large businesses, as do most tax and regulatory policies. Larger businesses are more self-sufficient and can avoid more business-to-business transactions, but also their economies of scale mean that they can spread the costs out more efficiently, allowing them more flexibility on prices and profit pressures. Small businesses don’t have those advantages, and this means that these tax hikes will impact their ability to compete against larger players in their fields.

Of course, people like Taft and Bolger have options, as neighboring states have already begun to remind Minnesota business owners:


To the east, Wisconsin is like a photo negative of Minnesota politically. On the day Dayton unveiled his tax proposal, Republican Gov. Scott Walker said he might “put a little bit more of a push” into luring Minnesota companies. He had already put Wisconsin “Open for Business” billboards along Minnesota borders; he’s now pushing for a $340 million income tax cut.

South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard‘s administration has sponsored print and radio ads and direct mail directed at unhappy executives.

“Tired of Taxes? Call Me,” read the postcards.

Bolger says he won’t move, but he won’t be able to keep his staffing at the current size, either:


But he said his Bolger Printing company had to shed more than 100 of his 320 jobs because of the recession, and “I never want to go through that again” if he starts losing jobs to lower cost competitors.

“I’m a 58-year-old Minnesota boy. Wisconsin is probably not in my future,” Bolger said. “But I would have to shrink employees, decent middle class jobs. I thought that’s what this is about.”

Not really, no, and many Minnesotans knew that before the election — obviously, not enough of them, though. To the rest who are shocked, shocked by DFL tax hikes on businesses and sales tax (including the clothing exemption that brings out-of-state shoppers to the Mall of America), this Captain Louis Renault award is for you.
 
NIIGER OM ICK S


Wal-Mart Stock Drops After It Says February Sales "Total Disaster", Worst Monthly Start Since 2006


Reality


Wal-Mart shares are plunging as the firm reports a 'total disaster' in its February sales. Bloomberg obtained internal emails that note:

"In case you haven’t seen a sales report these days, February MTD sales are a total disaster,” Jerry Murray, Wal-Mart’s vice president of finance and logistics, said in a Feb. 12 e-mail to other executives, referring to month-to-date sales. “The worst start to a month I have seen in my ~7 years with the company.... That points to our competitive landscape, which means everyone is suffering and probably worse than we are”

It gets better:

“We have to fight against the tougher economic environment to earn a bigger share of a smaller consumer spending pie"

Obviously in WMT speak, "tougher" is what Obama would call "much better and rapidly improving."

Things must not be serious over in Bentonville for this much truth to suddenly hit the tape.

One senior executive summed it up perfectly - “Well, we just had one of those weeks here at Walmart U.S. Where are all the customers? And where’s their money?” The company notes the end of the payroll tax cut by Obama and asks "We need to stop the stupid."



How odd: why is WMT focused on such trivial anachronisms as "money": can't it just boost its multiple by promising 2022 sales will be stupendously marvelously humongous. It works for every other hollowed shell of a firm, gutted by Bernanke's central planning.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some reality will finally come back to the market as a result of this disclosure
 
Rave on catshit, somebody will bury you.:D

If this is in reference to some delusional imaginary ability on your ass-end, then the only thing you and your close company of racist shitstain nut-huggers will bury me under is your incessant daily mountain of disposable derpsquawk fresh-squeezed from fear and ignorance.

Lucky for the universe, that's a finite resource. Use your remaining lifespan in your advanced years better, bitch.

ifDQILWRytszm.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top