Oh Canada .....

I think the change in the Canadian National Anthem is insulting. Generations of people understood linguistic convention. They realized that the linguistic convention of "sons" did not refer to males exclusively. The altered lyrics are clumsy.
 
Snowmobile-police-check-Jan-2019-1-750x420.jpg


No loud cans!
 
The PRC's focus on Canada is very interesting. I thought it was mostly due to the Huawai arrests, but clearly its much much deeper than that. Clearly they are punishing Canada for that arrest, but their infiltration of Canada is long term and intense.

Which sucks cuz the only reason we have her is an extradition agreement with the US, who conveniently dropped the ball on us.
 
Which sucks cuz the only reason we have her is an extradition agreement with the US, who conveniently dropped the ball on us.

It did put Canada in a tough spot. But the US request was legit. She is a criminal. So Canada could either make the arrest, and hold, extradition, or fold to Chinese pressure, which is getting really intense. I don't envy Canada's position on this. A Canadian citizen in Chinese jail had his jail sentence upgraded to a death sentence after this. Ridiculous!!
 
Back
Top