:) :) :) Foodies And Wannabes :) :) :)

o_so_wet

Beach Babe :)
We all love food and I've been so hungry lately (no I'm not preggo !)

Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to have a thread dedicated to the stuff we love to eat..... great combos, weird combos, recipes, cooking tricks, great restaurants in different cities..... Anything food related (yea....you can tell us how you like to use food during hot sex too :D )

So I'm making a chocolate cake tomorrow and one of the best things to use in chocolate cake is HOT BOILING COFFEE. *nods*

And my Ganache is made with just two ingredients : sour cream and Ghirardelli chocolate. YUM !

What's your food thought ?

I need to make some more ice cream. One of my favorites is butterscotch pecan. Butter, brown sugar, eggs, cream. And real scotch. The pecans are fresh roasted and salted as well.

I need to make some more ice cream. One of my favorites is butterscotch pecan. Butter, brown sugar, eggs, cream. And real scotch. The pecans are fresh roasted and salted as well.

OMG that sounds delish Fool ! And it'd be perfect with my chocolate cake :D

The other thing I want to make is Alton Brown's pastrami. Just takes so freaking long (days) to brine. Best pastrami I have ever had straight off my smoker.

I've never heard of the boiling hot coffee tip. I'm making a note of that! ;)

I wish I was better at baking.

Probably nothing all that special, but I really enjoy making home made spaghetti sauce. I put almost every vegetable I happen to have in the fridge, and always with onions. Last week I made it with onions, green pepper, zucchini, celery, carrots and lean ground beef. It almost always turns out like more of a chili, but I prefer it that way. When I'm cooking the meat I add Montreal Steak Spice, it's spicy and it maintains it after it's all cooked. Once everything is added, along with the tomato sauce, I always put some bay leaves. This was my dad's "secret ingredient", but I'm pretty sure he just said that to be cute. (You take the leaves out before you eat).

Yum!

Last edited:
The other thing I want to make is Alton Brown's pastrami. Just takes so freaking long (days) to brine. Best pastrami I have ever had straight off my smoker.

I don't even know where to begin making pastrami. Brine...so you let it sit for a few days I guess....smoker....so then you just smoke it ? Is that how ?

Oats and nuts for the crisp ?? Fresh pumpkin ?? I was thinking about Thanksgiving earlier....

Jeez...why have I been sooo hungry lately ?

yellow cake mix and butter for the crust ... I used canned pumpkin .... topping is like cool whip cream cheese and powdered sugar and nuts ... its fattening as hell but OMG OMG OMG good

I have a recipe for Vietnamese Coffee ice cream as well. Makes about a quart. Sweetened condensed milk (2 cans), strong coffee, half and half.

I do however love making homemade spaghetti sauce. I put almost every vegetable I happen to have in the fridge, and always with onions. Last week I made it with onions, green pepper, zucchini, celery, carrots and lean ground beef. It almost always turns out like more of a chili, but I prefer it that way. When I'm cooking the meat I add Montreal Steak Spice, it's spicy and it maintains it after it's all cooked. Once everything is added, along with the tomato sauce, I always put some bay leaves. This was my dad's "secret ingredient", but I'm pretty sure he just said that to be cute. (You take the leaves out before you eat).

Yum!

So yummy ! Great :rolleyes: now my hunger went from hungry to starving ! :D

I've heard adding the rind of Parmesan cheese is really good too.

I don't even know where to begin making pastrami. Brine...so you let it sit for a few days I guess....smoker....so then you just smoke it ? Is that how ?

Pickling brine on beef brisket. Let sit in the fridge for about 7-10 days. At that point you can boil and make corned beef or smoke and make pastrami.

I do however love making homemade spaghetti sauce. I put almost every vegetable I happen to have in the fridge, and always with onions. Last week I made it with onions, green pepper, zucchini, celery, carrots and lean ground beef. It almost always turns out like more of a chili, but I prefer it that way. When I'm cooking the meat I add Montreal Steak Spice, it's spicy and it maintains it after it's all cooked. Once everything is added, along with the tomato sauce, I always put some bay leaves. This was my dad's "secret ingredient", but I'm pretty sure he just said that to be cute. (You take the leaves out before you eat).

Yum!

We can get a really good sweet italian sausage. Spaghetti, lasagna or pizza. I make pizza in my smoker as well. Temp sets up to 500 degrees.

yellow cake mix and butter for the crust ... I used canned pumpkin .... topping is like cool whip cream cheese and powdered sugar and nuts ... its fattening as hell but OMG OMG OMG good

Almost as decadent as you...

Pickling brine on beef brisket. Let sit in the fridge for about 7-10 days. At that point you can boil and make corned beef or smoke and make pastrami.

Now I miss Reuben's smoked meat sandwich.
Best smoked meat in Montreal.
*drooling*

I have a recipe for Vietnamese Coffee ice cream as well. Makes about a quart. Sweetened condensed milk (2 cans), strong coffee, half and half.

No eggs ??

I saw such a good recipe for corned beef hash the other day...using shredded potato and home made corned beef....OMG...so good.

It's not quite cool enough here yet, but come October (hopefully) I can't wait to make a pot of my chili! Ugh. Now I'm hungry and craving it!

Back