What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The report points out that

as many as 47 percent of student loan borrowers appear to be in deferral or forbearance periods, and thus did not have to make payments as of third-quarter 2011. Specifically, 17.6 percent of borrowers had exactly the same balance in the third quarter as in the second quarter of this year, and 29.1 percent increased their overall student loan balance by taking on new originations or accruing interest to the balance.
In other words, one reason we don’t see a bigger student loan meltdown is that so many people are going back for more degrees if only to defer the reckoning. As much as $408 billion dollars in student loan debt remains on the books without any medium-term prospects of repayment. Those former career students (who may not be learning much on campus) can look forward to decades of debt, unless the American taxpayer can be convinced to pay for a program almost the size of TARP to finance all of those master’s degrees in peace theory, business communications, recreation management and creative writing.
WR Mead

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/04/01/first-lets-indenture-all-the-lawyers/

You won't disclose your investment portfolio percentages but demand personal info from other posters? A bit disingenious, methinks.

He has a quarter ounce of gold, an '89 ford ranger w/ 255,000 miles on it, a ball of yarn, and a bale of hay.

He's doing a lot better this year than he was last... But he still doesn't believe that the economy is picking up.

*laughing*.... Yeah, we turned the corner in 2010, and here we are in 2012 going full speed ahead...:)

I realize that it's hard for you, what with you having so much trouble paying for gas and all.

I hope that you'll find a way out of your rut.

Try hard work, that's what you folks always say does the trick.

I realize that it's hard for you, what with you having so much trouble paying for gas and all.

I hope that you'll find a way out of your rut.

Try hard work, that's what you folks always say does the trick.

I think Garby is fast morphing into another "Right Field", a complete failure as a husband, father and provider who finds the federal government a convenient scapegoat for all of his shortcomings.

Last edited:
I think Garby is fast morphing into another "Right Field", a complete failure as a husband, father and provider who finds the federal government a convenient scapegoat for all of his shortcomings.

I'd stay away from the family attacks, though you're good at it.

I'd stay away from the family attacks, though you're good at it.

No can do, buckaroo!

You stood foursquare behind "Karen" when that fat tub of goo came after my family.

You can't have it both ways, Garby, though as a conservative I can see why you insist on "rules for thee but not for me".

No can do, buckaroo!

You stood foursquare behind "Karen" when that fat tub of goo came after my family.

You can't have it both ways, Garby, though as a conservative I can see why you insist on "rules for thee but not for me".

You may dislike KK........... I don't

You may dislike Sarah Palin..........I don't

You may Love Obama............... I don't

Your problems with KK are not my problems, they're your problems.

I think we should emulate the USA....

So do I...and when you look at all the economic indicators from the rest of the "civilized" world, guess who is consistently right near the top in all of them?

You may dislike KK........... I don't

You may dislike Sarah Palin..........I don't

You may Love Obama............... I don't

Your problems with KK are not my problems, they're your problems.

Deflect as much as you want, Shit can. You were one of a select few who tried their best to enable "Karen". You are therefore my problem and therefore you and your family are fair game. Actions have consequences.

So do I...and when you look at all the economic indicators from the rest of the "civilized" world, guess who is consistently right near the top in all of them?

The unanswered question: "why is it all certain people do is bitch and complain?" It obviously isn't about the state of the county. Our country is doing quite well compared to the rest of the "free-markets" out there. Germany is doing well with an average 6% unemployment rate. Did you know they also have one of the oldest Universal Health Care Systems? When did it start you ask? Would you believe 1883? Could that be the reason they are doing well?

^^^ Holy shit an alt forgot it was an alt and started debating itself!

Let's run this through the stupid interpreter found on every computer:

"I can't argue with facts so instead I will call them an alt...that always works...right?"

Oh come on. We were having a moment! How am I ever going to bring everybody over to the dark side if you keep taunting them when they test the waters?!

Deflect as much as you want, Shit can. You were one of a select few who tried their best to enable "Karen". You are therefore my problem and therefore you and your family are fair game. Actions have consequences.

Good for you Rob, I want you to do your very best shitting. You're well known on the board for attacking families of members who disagree with you.

I know you have your band wagon children who like to masturbate while making foolish remarks about KK.

Let's get this straight, I have no problem with Karen Kraft, I have no intentions of jumping on your puppet band wagon.

Karen, if you're reading this.... I'll see you on the boards. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back