Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it reach 80f, in the English gardens ?

"Cucumber sandwiches served in society or in Royal circles have a few simple ingredients and special method of construction. Firstly, the cucumber is grated rather than sliced and is then drained in a colander with a pinch of salt added to help drawer out the excess moisture. After approximately 15 minutes, mix the grated cucumber with a teaspoon or so of mayonnaise and add some finely chopped fresh garden mint. This mixture really does lift and enhance the fresh flavour of the cucumber. Use good quality white bread, sliced as thinly as possible. Butter the bread using a good salty butter and fill with the cucumber mixture. Cucumber sandwiches should always be served in style, with the bread crusts cut off and the sandwiches cut into nice thin fingers."


http://www.teaantiques.com/teaclipper/teaclipper200404.htm
 
Unconcealed and congealed.


Soup's on!


tumblr_o4xjvtVYNk1s1vn29o1_1280.jpg
 
Im not sure what that is, but it sounds divine.

Charlie's is one of the best places to get Chinese food in Anchorage. I usually never go there for lunch because it's very busy, but today, I had SWMBO with and we were early. She had a pork bun and shu-mai.
 
Charlie's is one of the best places to get Chinese food in Anchorage. I usually never go there for lunch because it's very busy, but today, I had SWMBO with and we were early. She had a pork bun and shu-mai.

OK, Ive seen you post SWMBO several times and know it refers to your wife. However, what the heck does the acronym stand for?
 
And we went to Southside Bistro for a light meal. The wine bill was higher than the food bill and the we only had a glass of wine each.
 
But, was it really good, exquisitely delicious wine ?


May 2nd is National Chocolate Truffle Day.

Savory, earthy. beautiful truffles ?

Or, sweet, scrumptious, chocolate truffles ?
 
Spend much time in Portland, home to over 250 Thai restaurants and some amazing Asian supermarkets. Love to make it at home, but if I'm lazy or out of time, you can swing a dead cat by the tail hit a five good Thai food places regardless of where you are in that city. Now Jamaican, well that's a different story.
 
I was reminded this morn about how much I like chicken adobo, so I worked on that all day. Per an old Filipino boss' recipe I tweaked it a bit because I wanted to make the skin better than crockpotting it all day. Marinated thighs in adobo concoction all day then simmered in juices. Took them out and finished their cook time by frying them. This was such an improvement and gave that skin such a crispy and yet, still, moist bite. Reduced the sauce down as chick was cooking and served over sticky rice. Already looking forward to leftovers.
 
I was reminded this morn about how much I like chicken adobo, so I worked on that all day. Per an old Filipino boss' recipe I tweaked it a bit because I wanted to make the skin better than crockpotting it all day. Marinated thighs in adobo concoction all day then simmered in juices. Took them out and finished their cook time by frying them. This was such an improvement and gave that skin such a crispy and yet, still, moist bite. Reduced the sauce down as chick was cooking and served over sticky rice. Already looking forward to leftovers.

I made that the other Night!! But didn't put as much work into it. :(
 
I roasted those little sweet peppers, stuffed them with a pesto and spinach ricotta, and baked them in the oven with some homemade tomato sauce.

You'd think I was smart avoiding pasta, but we ate them with gnocchi.
 
Enjoying food

Food is one of the great pleasures in life, I never learnt to cook until I was in my forties,working long hours to support a young family takes most of your time and energy, but over the last few years I,m really into trying new dishes, My step daughter was back from oz a few weeks ago, and she is a chef, but one night we decided to bone and roll a leg of lamb, something neither of us had ever done,great fun. There we were laughing as we sliced this leg, both of us with our hand in, trying to wrestle the bone out. a very sharp knife flashing about, both laughing,it,s a wonder one of us didn,t lose a finger. Eventually the leg surrendered its bone and we stood there with a satisfied smile on our faces,a job well done.
That weekend we had a family dinner for five, the rolled lamb was fantastic and much easier to carve off the bone.
Not so much about cooking, but about the pleasure of good food,bringing people together.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top