Can't seem to get comments or good feedback on my stories

Jknight1983

Virgin
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Posts
2
Hey there I'm a new writer and despite good ratings and lots of views I haven't gotten much in the way of feedback or comments. I'm not asking for all happy stuff but iOS and bad reviews to make my story telling better. If anyone wants to help me out and read and provide feedback I would love that.
 
This will help.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3282438&page=submissions

Two quick thoughts at just the story info. BDSM generally doesn't get many comments nor does it score very highly so your score is pretty good.

You also in the tag mention submissive and 'his' although submissive men are a real thing in real life and BDSM on a site like this if its not a submissive woman, interest wanes and honestly I'm surprised the 'real men' haven't found you and flamed you yet.
 
Comments generally only happen when you either majorly piss off or majorly surprise (in a good way) your readership, and even then they're rare. The general consensus around here is that roughly one out of every hundred people bother to vote on a story, and one out of every 1,000 or so readers leaves a comment. :)

Your story is very short, and it's the first chapter of what promises to be a series which can be a turn-off. A lot of readers here won't even look at a chaptered story until the final chapter is posted, or unless the author makes it clear the story's finished and submitted, and there's a time table for when each subsequent part is going up. Readers who get burnt a few times on unfinished multi-part stories start ignoring everything that isn't a stand-alone after a while. :)

It's also your first story here, so you have no readership established, per se. If your first publication gets a red H, you must be doing something right--mine sure as heck didn't. Like Lovecraft said, enjoy your score. Keep writing, but you have to build that base of readers from the ground up. Fortunately you appear to be off to a good start. :)
 
In my experience, some categories are more popular than others and seem to garner more interest. Incest is immensely popular and is sure to accumulate comments.

But if you want a real laugh, post a story in the loving wives category. Those people are seriously uptight and are really easy to wind up. I once uploaded a story that featured elements of reluctance and humiliation. The fallout from which was something else. It was great fun.

Don't take feedback too seriously. Just chill out and enjoy writing and take comments with a pinch of salt. Writing's not all about positive comments. There's fun to be had without people telling you how great you are.
 
Thanks all I guess I just was hoping for some good feedback. I appreciate the comments cause all advice helps. I have been surprised by the scores I think I have good responses chapter 2 is going through editing now so maybe that will help grow the readership. Thanks everyone for taking
The time to reply
 
Hey there I'm a new writer and despite good ratings and lots of views I haven't gotten much in the way of feedback or comments. I'm not asking for all happy stuff but iOS and bad reviews to make my story telling better. If anyone wants to help me out and read and provide feedback I would love that.
My advice - look for readers that leave helpful comments to BDSM story and send them a message asking them to give you feedback for your story. Many readers do not have email turned on so those that don't won't get your message. It's tough to get good feedback unless the reader likes your category of story.
 
A couple of suggestions

Hey there I'm a new writer and despite good ratings and lots of views I haven't gotten much in the way of feedback or comments. I'm not asking for all happy stuff but iOS and bad reviews to make my story telling better. If anyone wants to help me out and read and provide feedback I would love that.


I have always found that the stories entered into the contests get more feedback. The April Fool's contest just ended, but there are many more and they are easy to enter. It is also usually pretty easy to make a story fit into the category somehow.

Here is the contest info.
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=82411488&postcount=17

Another idea is to send feedback to an author whose stories you like. You can do that at the end of each story. Tell them what you thought about their story and ask him/her to check out one of your stories if they have a chance and tell them you'd appreciate their thoughts. You might want to check their story publishing dates. Obviously, the writers who are active and writing will be more likely to respond than someone whose last story was ten years ago.

Good luck
 
Back
Top