Buying Lingerie for GF

I was just waiting for CM :D if you take any advice, take it from her. :heart:
 
As a girl whose lost 120# herself, I can tell you there is great joy in finally having new lingerie that is sexy, not geared for great aunt Hazel and that came off a rack. My thoughts are this - don't break the bank on what you get for her. If my hubby came back with a gift card I'd strangle him, but I'd be thrilled to pieces with a simple set of something sexy from Macy's even. Wrap that in a pretty box and include a gift card for somewhere pricier (VS or LaPerla) so that she gets the joy of your time, effort, and thoughtfulness in choosing something you liked for her AND the benefit of splurging on something spectacular on your dime.

Good luck!

-ccg
 
My take

Lots of good advice here so far. Here's my 2 cents.
Take her out to lunch, then to Victoria's Secret, or some other local shops. Walk around and see what pleases both of you. Try on some items, be creative. Ask the sales person for help (always)!!
Your GF will have some body image issues, so find something that agrees with her new shape and size.
Above all, pile on the compliments, praise and love. Make it fun and a positive experience.

My wife and I went to VS a while ago, and we each picked out an outfit for her. She was not too happy with my outfit, but went along with it. It turns out that she likes it better than her pick now. Go figure


Good luck
 
Try the Lingerie Addicts blog and tumblr, she has been a sort of reviewer of lingerie for years and has great advice for the harder to fit. She also has great articles about bra sizing and the difference between the different lines sizes. She also focuses on really good lingerie in all price ranges.


A
 
Thanks again for all the advice and I'm going to take the plunge and buy something today. If anyone wants me to i'll post what I plan on getting her.
 
Thanks again for all the advice and I'm going to take the plunge and buy something today. If anyone wants me to i'll post what I plan on getting her.

make sure its something you think she will like, not just what you like!! men and women can sometimes have very different ideas!
 
Thanks again for all the advice and I'm going to take the plunge and buy something today. If anyone wants me to i'll post what I plan on getting her.

Would love to see what you are going to get her!
 
Back
Top