Game of Thrones Thread WITH SPOILERS (you've been warned)

I was waiting for them to accidentally pull him down on top of themselves.

That would have made Westeros' Funniest Home Videos.

Me too!

I really thought it was going to happen as they closed out the shot with her hand gripping the table skirt.

I am also getting a little sore riding the fence on whether I like 'Dog' or not. Just when I think he has redeeming characteristics, he proves me wrong.

Me too!

I really thought it was going to happen as they closed out the shot with her hand gripping the table skirt.

I am also getting a little sore riding the fence on whether I like 'Dog' or not. Just when I think he has redeeming characteristics, he proves me wrong.

You mean The Hound, I assume. Yeah, he's a fascinating character. Every time you start to like him, he does something despicable. Then he nails some great line, and you start to like him all over again.

91f5e15e155b19c74c4d8eb9774fb153547af0659a1c38f4485310bf519d8e5e.jpg

You mean The Hound, I assume. Yeah, he's a fascinating character. Every time you start to like him, he does something despicable. Then he nails some great line, and you start to like him all over again.

91f5e15e155b19c74c4d8eb9774fb153547af0659a1c38f4485310bf519d8e5e.jpg

Oh GROAN.

Yeah...the hound.

Do any of you brits who watch this show think that Lena Headley has had some work done? Her appearance is so different to me but I cant quite figure it out. Lips maybe?

In the book, the scene is in a Jaime POV chapter, so what happens is filtered through his perspective. In the book, the whole thing comes off less rapey.

Charles Dance owned this episode, both in the scene when he lectures Tommen and in his scene with Oberyn.

We're in agreement on all points here. Especially Charles Dance, he was great, I think the actor playing Tommen did a good job too in playing off him as this sweet innocent and loyal boy - you know this will definitely not be another Joff.

And yes, the scene being in the Jaime POV comes off as more both Cersei and Jamie were hungry for eachother, I'm just saying it made much more sense when it was the first time they saw eachother on Jaime's return to King's Landing. Jaime in pain for his ordeal being captured, losing a hand, dealing with conflicting feelings for Brienne, Cercei being devastated by the loss of her child. They found eachother in the sept after being apart so long and nothing could stop them from going at it.

In the episode, Jaime had been in Kings Landing for a little bit all ready, been around his sister all ready, the scene didn't work as well. The motivation for it, frustration and loss, I'll grant was there, but it just seemed it didn't fit as well the way the show narrative played this particular scene out.

That's quite good! :D

Totally disagree. She has shown the growth of any character and puts out a believable portrayal of the Daeneyrs.

What??? She has one of the most interesting story arcs in TV history and she makes it about as interesting as watching paint dry. She makes Kit Hartingdon look like Olivier.

What??? She has one of the most interesting story arcs in TV history and she makes it about as interesting as watching paint dry. She makes Kit Hartingdon look like Olivier.

He's so right. She is cute but awful as an actor. I seriously cringe every time she speaks.

Emilia is not a great actress, but if don't think she's nearly as bad as you guys are making her out to be. I think she suffers some from so many of the other cast members being at such a high level. And it can't be easy when half your lines are in made up languages.

Emilia is not a great actress, but if don't think she's nearly as bad as you guys are making her out to be. I think she suffers some from so many of the other cast members being at such a high level. And it can't be easy when half your lines are in made up languages.

She needs a bit more evil and less benevolence. The book had her mor ruthless after the early experiences.

She needs a bit more evil and less benevolence. The book had her mor ruthless after the early experiences.

There are some folks back in Astapor who might take issue with you, but, being fucking ashes, they ain't saying much.

Seriously, though, if I recall correctly, it was only after arriving at Meereen that she starts to get, shall we say, edgy. I wonder if the show will include her crucifying the slave masters.

You may know that a popular theory in ASOIAF fandom holds that eventually, she will go mad, like her father.

There are some folks back in Astapor who might take issue with you, but, being fucking ashes, they ain't saying much.

Seriously, though, if I recall correctly, it was only after arriving at Meereen that she starts to get, shall we say, edgy. I wonder if the show will include her crucifying the slave masters.

You may know that a popular theory in ASOIAF fandom holds that eventually, she will go mad, like her father.

No I didn't know that. The ending of book 5 was quite suspenseful and I am hoping that we see a book six to find out how she fares with the big standoff. And of course there is the dwarf's fate as well.

She's ok. But she is better looking as a non-blond. She doesnt get naked like she use to....

Totally disagree. She has shown the growth of any character and puts out a believable portrayal of the Daeneyrs.

Hate to agree with him, but think about what she is trying to achieve.

No I didn't know that. The ending of book 5 was quite suspenseful and I am hoping that we see a book six to find out how she fares with the big standoff. And of course there is the dwarf's fate as well.

Show watchers are in for some shocks regarding Tyrion, that's certain.

Back