Spotlight on... Rainshine (aka Teen Wolf, Funny Face)

Lord Pmann

Lord
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Posts
19,430
I've been reading these threads all morning and now that I have an understanding of the concept (I'm a little slow), I figure I will post for the next lister there. Hmmmm... Let's see now, who is it? Oh it's Rainshine?!?!! Who knew??? :D

Few people have truly spoken into my life like this one has. In fact, no one has. I know a lot about her and I am truly grateful to know her and call her my friend. She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, which is an amazing accomplishment. She's as intriguing today as the first day I met her. She speaks joy and hope into the lives of so many people, both on and off this forum. I could go on for ages, but I'll save the goo for PMs. :) Plus, at this point she's fifty shades of pink and rolling her eyes at me.

Here are my questions:

1. If you had but three musical albums to take with you to have for the rest of your life, what would they be?
2. What is your greatest personality trait?
3. What is your greatest physical trait? (If you say your fashion sense I'll rip off my nuts)
4. What's your worst quality?
5. What's your favourite possession?
6. If you could possess any talent that you currently do not have, what would it be?
7. What is the one thing that you would hate most if people said about you?
8. What is the one thing that you would love most for people to say about you?
9. If there was a song for your life's story, what would it be?
10. Why do you wear that fucking denim vest?

Below are ed's rules and comments. Abide by them or you get a waggy finger from pmann. *wags finger sternly *

1. only those who have specifically given their explicit permission to participate in this process. people may do so by posting to this thread so saying. yes, this means that people might edit their posts and revoke their consent: if you do, please post again with that change.

2. after a thread runs its course, the spotlighted HTer selects any person responding yes to this thread and creates the next thread.

edit: when you select someone, please PM him or her & get a response to make sure that person will be available

3. whatever disagreements we may have with forumites, the spotlight thread is not a place for mockery. people may choose to share what they like, with the understanding that such sharing ought not to be ammunition for abuse.
 
*squees with glee* Yay! I'm glad someone took the bait! Wait...I didn't mean that like that sounded! :eek:;)

Here are my questions for now:

1. What is your favorite pig out food?
2. What superpower would you most like to have, and why?
3. Do you have a favorite season? If so, what and why?
4. Financial concerns aside, where in the world would you most like to travel, and why?
5. Is there a genre of books you favor? Favorite author?
6. What brought you to Lit?
7. How did you choose your username?

WRT to #10 in Pmann's list: I don't care what the Fashion Fairy says, you rock that thang!
 
I do have one other question...

If a guy was, say, trying to impress you and play a song for you on guitar to make your knickers wet, what song should he learn?

(The rest of you guitar playing motherfuckers better ignore her response)

*looks at them really threatening like*
 
Lustrous Precipitation,

It was very gracious of you to accept the task Pmann lassoed you into. Your sporting spirit is only exceeded by the size of your guns.

I will add a few questions to the Spotlight shining bright on you:

1) At this point in your young life, what is one thing you know for absolute certain? This would never change with circumstance, finances, hardship, or health.

2) If you had the opportunity - say in my Ice-Road-Truck-Time-Machine - to go back and have a five minute conversation with yourself, from 10 years ago, what would you say to the decade-younger you?

3) Before returning to the present, you have an opportunity to go back a little further in time and visit for a short while with one person from the past, who lived before you were born. Can be famous or not, related or a stranger, but a real person. Who would this brief visit be with, and why?

4) Other than pmann's taste in footwear, what do you have absolutely no time, patience, or tolerance for?
 
Last edited:
Hooray for spotlight! Hooray for Rainshine!

Hey speaking of spotlights, let's start with:

1. You have to play the lead role in a Broadway musical. Which one do you choose?
2. Do you have any random or crazy skills? (Like nunchuck skills, belching the alphabet, or cooking without a Thermomix)

Ok time for a multiple choice question:

3. Does this picture of Hugh Jackman

hugh_jackman.jpg


make you:
A) weep at the sight of such perfect masculinity
B) fap at the sight of such perfect masculinity
C) weep and fap at the same time at the sight of such masculinity
D) all of the above

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. What do you think is the biggest misconception outsiders have about where you live?
6. What is your favorite thing about mouth instrumentals?

Now someone told me long ago there's a calm before the storm, and I know it's been comin' for some time. When it's over, so they say, it'll rain a sunny day. I know - shinin' down like water.

Bearing all that in mind, my next question is this:

7. I want to know have you ever seen the rain comin' down on a sunny day?
8. Is that the longest walk to a below average punchline you've ever seen?
9. Do you like coconuts?

If you answered yes to #9...
10a. Ew. How can you like coconuts?

If you answered no to #9...
10b. They're just gross, right?

11. How did you get such impressive guns?
12. Do you use your powers for good or for awesome?
13. What was your favorite book as a little girl?
14. If you had to kill off one of the How To gang, how would you break the bad news that I'm a goner?
 
Last edited:
Sorry, I mistyped something. I meant to say that I truly call him Hugh Hackman. He's a fucking twat and if I saw him, mate, I'd send me pet kangie on him to kick him in his ridiculously disgusting gut, because kangies can stand on their tails and kick the shit out of talentless hacks.

I like my men brilliant, rugged, charming, not gay, handsome, sexy and more animal than man- like my pmann.

So you DO have pet kangaroos! I knew it!
 
What's the most disgusting thing you've ever put in your mouth?
How often do you go for a dip in the ocean?
 
5. What's your favourite possession? Without doubt The Bible you bought me. The thought behind it, the occasion you bought it for, the way it came to me. All special and meaningful. Plus, it smells like heaven. Still.

People think you and I are some kind of love affair or sordid story, I think the last thing they would ever have thought of our relationship was that the best thing about it would involve God.

Way to make me cry, ya'll. *wipes tears and swallows lump in my throat* :rose::kiss::heart:

4. Financial concerns aside, where in the world would you most like to travel, and why? I am pretty well travelled, but the one place I haven't been that I dream of is Bora Bora. I'd love to spend a lazy week in an Overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora but above that I'd really love to take my little curly haired wonder to Disneyland.

Bora Bora sounds lovely. May I suggest Disney World instead of Disneyland for the little miss? Four theme parks, two water parks, and Disney Quest. Not that I'm biased or know anything about it. :rolleyes::eek::D

5. Is there a genre of books you favor? Favorite author? I love stories that revolve around relationships, the human experience and family. My favourite book of all time, that I read about twice a year is The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. Anne Tyler is also my favourite author.

Not familiar with Anne Tyler, so I'll have to add her to my list, thank you. Given your tastes in literature, may I suggest Rain of Gold by Victor Villasenor? I come from a similar cultural background as the author, so it was a story I could very much identify with. But beyond that, it's just a damn good read!



I'm really enjoying your answers, Rainshine! Here are a few more questions:

*Besides rock, what other genres of music are on your playlist?
* In your travels thus far (did I mention I'm envious), where would you most like to return? Why?
* WRT sewing, can you teach me how to put in a zipper? Mine never come out evenly, never mind how many tutorials I've watched on you tube.
* Miles asked about secret skills, but what about hobbies? Besides Lit, what do you like to do in your downtime?
*What's one thing you love best about where you live? One thing you wish you could change?
*Do you have any pets?
*Besides your fondness for John Hughes movies, what other genres of movies do you like?
*Online, you come across as very gregarious and outgoing. Are you like this IRL? (We once had a HT discussion going wrt online vs offline personas).
*Red or white wine?

Ok. That's all for now. If Ed doesn't show up in the next day or so, I'mma steal his list and consequences be damned! ;)
 
Bora Bora sounds lovely. May I suggest Disney World instead of Disneyland for the little miss? Four theme parks, two water parks, and Disney Quest. Not that I'm biased or know anything about it. :rolleyes::eek::D

Plus, you don't have to go to California. And it's located in Orlando too...

Great suggestion Bailadora. :D

I have another few questions:

1. What is your first memory as a child?
2. Who was your childhood hero?
3. What colour are the bottom of your feet?
4. Who is your favourite Disney character?
5. What is the most interesting job you ever had?
 
Hiya!

What would be your dream job if money were not a consideration?

What is your favorite charity, if you have one, and why do you support them?

Do you prefer cooking or baking? What is your favorite thing to make?

What is your absolute best way to celebrate your birthday?

Did you have a mispent youth? and if so, what was the most fun drinking game you played?

If you had to spend a day dressed in Pmann's clothes (including shoes) or have oral surgery without anesthesia, which would you choose?

I would also like to point out that Hershey Park, in beautiful downtown Hershey Pa, the Sweetest place on earth, is a great theme park for littler ones and only about 20 minutes from my house--which includes a tall, curly haired 16 year old built-in baby sitter who adores little kids. Just sayin. :)
 
What was your least favorite subject in school?
What was your most favorite subject in school?
If you had to be a magical being would you go with leprechaun or pixie?
What's your favorite booze?
If you were offered the chance to go to the moon, would you go?
What do you think is the funniest movie of all time?
Can you name all 7 Dwarfs without looking them up?
How many times have you been arrested?
If you were reincarnated and got to choose where you'd be born, where would you choose?
 
Do you like cheese?
What's the most unfortunate thing you've ever glued to something else?
Do you play any brass instruments?
How flexible are you?
Are you a good driver?
What is your favorite accent to listen to?
What is your favorite accent to impersonate?
If Lit had a talent show, what would your entry be?
 
We are missing the obvious choice. Pmann should be played by Hugh Jackman :D

*flips you off*

I've got to say, Rainshine, your French accent is impressive. I find it hard to believe the German one is better. However, I do love a German accent.
 
*flips you off*

I've got to say, Rainshine, your French accent is impressive. I find it hard to believe the German one is better. However, I do love a German accent.

Someone had to say it Pmann. It was my turn.

To the lovely Miss Rainshine,

What languages can you swear in?


What's a thermomix? (I thought I had every gadget on the planet. Well meaning relatives and friends think since I like to cook, I need small appliances all the time.)

What was your favorite toy as a child?

Ha ha what is your favorite toy as an adult? :devil:
 
Back
Top