Beyond Star City: IC Thread

Constantine looked about quickly. He spotted what he wanted nearby. There was a small bar at the end of the street. He stepped forward and began to speak.

"Listen mates. I vote we go take residence at the bar down the street there. Pretty sure 'tween the lot of us we can keep our chat private, but we need a place to talk. And if the hunch I have is close to right, I sure as 'Ell, wan' a drink or two." Constantine didn't have the usual bravado or smarmy wit he often lead with. Instead he was the man on a mission that he only became when times were at their most dire. John didn't play the straight-man often, but when he did you knew it was a damn serious and sincere situation.

John chose not to wait. Instead he promptly tossed the cigarette into the gutter and turned toward the bar and began walking diligently.

Oh great, a bloody pub. Not that he couldn't use a drink mind you, it was just that he hated going in to public places. Oh sure he could use magic to warp peoples perceptions of what he looked like, that was demonology 101 and was basically an innate ability now that he was fully fledged. The thing was he was still a 6'8" devil weighing almost 400 pounds of pure muscle. Places were not built for the likes of him.

Still if that was the general consensus it looked like another night of standing at the bar or leaning against the wall. At least tonight he might have some company he thought looking at Franky. He had the same sort of issues, and as his partner you would expect Constantine to remember such things. Still that was John for you, always thinking of himself first.

Danny turned to Shrieve. "You okay with this. We can always head off on our own you know. We have the location and I am assuming you have enough toys packed in that car of yours to take care of nearly half the underworld," he said smiling. "You look as if you really don't want to be here with these guys and the way things are going I don't blame you. Still we could use their help, but the decisions yours."

"Black, White, and Blood Red," by The Bodeans. (Black Alice/Revenant/Shrieve)

Constantine looked about quickly. He spotted what he wanted nearby. There was a small bar at the end of the street. He stepped forward and began to speak.

"Listen mates. I vote we go take residence at the bar down the street there. Pretty sure 'tween the lot of us we can keep our chat private, but we need a place to talk. And if the hunch I have is close to right, I sure as 'Ell, wan' a drink or two." Constantine didn't have the usual bravado or smarmy wit he often lead with. Instead he was the man on a mission that he only became when times were at their most dire. John didn't play the straight-man often, but when he did you knew it was a damn serious and sincere situation.

John chose not to wait. Instead he promptly tossed the cigarette into the gutter and turned toward the bar and began walking diligently.

Lori laughed weakly, and glanced up with surprise as Liv, gun holstered away, gave her a hand up. "Hey. Love the look, by the way. Wish I could get my hair that dark, maybe I wouldn't look so washed-out all the time."

"Thanks, I guess," Lori mumbled, taking Liv's hand and lurching to her feet. "Did he say we were going to a bar? And me without my fake ID. And my sponsor."

Danny turned to Shrieve. "You okay with this. We can always head off on our own you know. We have the location and I am assuming you have enough toys packed in that car of yours to take care of nearly half the underworld," he said smiling. "You look as if you really don't want to be here with these guys and the way things are going I don't blame you. Still we could use their help, but the decisions yours."

Shrieve's eyes again lit up, like she could still wriggle out of this mess. For a damn demon, this boy was way too fucking trusting. Of course, it was probably that naivete that got his soul sold at a crossroads or whatever in the first place. But before she could open her mouth and speak--

--Liv was there with the new girl, glaring at her. "No, I'm sorry, Mr. Cassidy, it isn't her decision. She tried to knife me, earlier, and that was before she tried to stab--" she hesitated. "Sorry, what was your name?"

Lori squinted. Remembered what the pale lady had told her about names, and replied, easy as breathing. "Alice. Black Alice."

"--before she tried to stab Black Alice over a case of woman vehiclularslaughter, and I've been in enough knife fights in my kitchen to know that she would have gone full Slade Wilson on your cool blue ass if she'd had a line of effect to any of your vital organs. Maybe even all of them in alphabetical order, like in The Crow. I'm sorry, but is that really someone you want to ride off with into the sunset?"

Frank Craft sighed deeply and put the zap stick away on its sling, under the gray trench coat. Shaking his head, he watched Constantine head off to the bar, without another word to anyone. Guy really was kind of a prick.

He fished a small crystal pendent on a fine silver chain from his pocket and slid it over the radio antenna of his jeep. No need for the local cops to get suspicious about a derelict vehicle full of guns with an out of state license plate, parked in a cemetery. The pendent would make them pay it no mind.

"Nothing worse than an old recovering drunk in a bar. Unless it's two."

shrugging, Craft went walking after Constantine, his own trench coat fluttering in a light breeze.

Little Black Spot on The Sun Today. Same Old Thing as Yesterday. (Black Alice)

"Nothing worse than an old recovering drunk in a bar. Unless it's two."

shrugging, Craft went walking after Constantine, his own trench coat fluttering in a light breeze.

As Liv confronted Shrieve in front of that... blue... devil... guy... Alice glanced up at the older, foxy-looking guy with the Cherokee beater.

She wasn't old. And she wasn't a drunk. But when you were recovering from substance abuse, it was very easy to fall back into other substances-- she could very easily attempt to replace her addiction to pills with one to meth or heroin or quaaludes or coke.

She was by very nature antisocial.

Very, very angry.

In fact, she had more in common with Shrieve, if we were being totally honest, than with some of the more heroic types present.

But here in this moment she had all the wind just knocked out of every sail, and she was feeling a little... humbled.

And she moved to walk beside Craft, hugging herself and glancing at her hands and-- well-- one good thing about taking Nommo's power, it had healed her coming back out of it.

"You, uh," she hesitated, glanced up at the older man, "you a friend of-- of his? Of Bill W.?"

Frankenstein looked to John walking off and shook his head. He looked back at the others and began to speak.

"Listen, I, more than maybe anyone, know what a complete dick John can be. He is also the most loyal and determined son of a bitches I have ever met. He gave me some idea of what he thinks is going on on the way here. And he had a reason for the bar. It's at the end of the block, at the end of the cemetery. If you look at the window to the attic, the only original one in the old building, it is stained glass. From my guess it was once either a convent or some other such. And chill Blue, not exactly hallowed ground anymore. But it is, as John explained once, sympathetic. Makes the wooj he plans on using to keep those not invited from hearing our chat. He may be an ass, but he is smart."

Frankenstein looked over to Black Alice and smiled as best as his fractured form could. Not the prettiest smile, and honestly maybe a tad disconcerting. But somehow calming at the same time. "Miss, if you need a hand, I can help. I uh... Frankenstein reaches into his coat and pulls out a small chip, a token, and he tosses it toward Alice. "Can't exactly attend the meetings so easily these days, god bless the internet. But that was the last one I earned in person. It's not your typical poker chip. It was blessed by the woman who first created the coin idea. A nun. And if you look, the coin is etched on the back of a Sacred Heart Medallion. That's what she first gave out. It was custom made for me at the time from a medallion she had once handed out. She then personally blessed it. And since then, it has also been blessed by another... It has helped me, I hope it helps you too. Frank takes a minute to make sure his blade and gun are hidden under the massive coat and he looks around again. Assessing everyone.

"So, who's coming? Liv, can I uh, buy you a drink? Bloody Mary, extra hot sauce if I remember?"

As Liv confronted Shrieve in front of that... blue... devil... guy... Alice glanced up at the older, foxy-looking guy with the Cherokee beater.

She wasn't old. And she wasn't a drunk. But when you were recovering from substance abuse, it was very easy to fall back into other substances-- she could very easily attempt to replace her addiction to pills with one to meth or heroin or quaaludes or coke.

She was by very nature antisocial.

Very, very angry.

In fact, she had more in common with Shrieve, if we were being totally honest, than with some of the more heroic types present.

But here in this moment she had all the wind just knocked out of every sail, and she was feeling a little... humbled.

And she moved to walk beside Craft, hugging herself and glancing at her hands and-- well-- one good thing about taking Nommo's power, it had healed her coming back out of it.

"You, uh," she hesitated, glanced up at the older man, "you a friend of-- of his? Of Bill W.?"

Craft looked at the girl, and saw her every choice and life experience, like it was an echo of so many thing's he'd seen before, some in the mirror. He grinned wryly.

"I am. Three years and more, now. Still can't quite quite the smokes full time though. But a man...or a woman, should be allowed some lesser vices."

Frankenstein looked over to Black Alice and smiled as best as his fractured form could. Not the prettiest smile, and honestly maybe a tad disconcerting. But somehow calming at the same time. "Miss, if you need a hand, I can help. I uh... Frankenstein reaches into his coat and pulls out a small chip, a token, and he tosses it toward Alice. "Can't exactly attend the meetings so easily these days, god bless the internet. But that was the last one I earned in person. It's not your typical poker chip. It was blessed by the woman who first created the coin idea. A nun. And if you look, the coin is etched on the back of a Sacred Heart Medallion. That's what she first gave out. It was custom made for me at the time from a medallion she had once handed out. She then personally blessed it. And since then, it has also been blessed by another... It has helped me, I hope it helps you too. Frank takes a minute to make sure his blade and gun are hidden under the massive coat and he looks around again. Assessing everyone.

"So, who's coming? Liv, can I uh, buy you a drink? Bloody Mary, extra hot sauce if I remember?"

Reaching up around his neck, Frank Craft unhooked a Saint Jude Medallion, handing it to Lori. "Here, kid. This doesn't have any magic that I know of, but it's the patron saint of lost causes. And Policemen. It's saved me a few times. Might be you need it more than I do, right now."

Shrieve's eyes again lit up, like she could still wriggle out of this mess. For a damn demon, this boy was way too fucking trusting. Of course, it was probably that naivete that got his soul sold at a crossroads or whatever in the first place. But before she could open her mouth and speak--

--Liv was there with the new girl, glaring at her. "No, I'm sorry, Mr. Cassidy, it isn't her decision. She tried to knife me, earlier, and that was before she tried to stab--" she hesitated. "Sorry, what was your name?"

Lori squinted. Remembered what the pale lady had told her about names, and replied, easy as breathing. "Alice. Black Alice."

"--before she tried to stab Black Alice over a case of woman vehiclularslaughter, and I've been in enough knife fights in my kitchen to know that she would have gone full Slade Wilson on your cool blue ass if she'd had a line of effect to any of your vital organs. Maybe even all of them in alphabetical order, like in The Crow. I'm sorry, but is that really someone you want to ride off with into the sunset?"

Danny shook his head. Oh he knew Shrieve was bad when she wanted to be but had she really gone after Liv before he had met her that morning. No he couldn't believe that, that was until he glanced up and looked into her eyes. The truth was reflected in them and he sighed. Once again his better nature had gotten him in trouble. His problem was he tried to see the good in people because of his own situation. It had gotten him in trouble time after time, but he still did it, especially with females.

Dammit Shrieve, I was just a means to an end huh. I suppose if I hadn't been able to help you out that demon killing knife would have been put to it's true use. Well you would have tried anyway." He still had to keep up some appearances.

"Fine suddenly I feel like a drink and so does she," He said pointing at Shrieve. "Oh and before you get any funny ideas, I really don't need the trident to use hellfire anymore. That just let's me focus it a bit better and send Demons back to hell. I can conjure up some nice flames myself that will scorch you nice and good before you can say boo so how about just coming for that drink."

He waited for Shrieve to make the next move. The thing was he still wanted to help her out and he still wanted her. Damn was there something really wrong with him?

"Shot in The Dark," by Within Temptation. (Revenant/Black Alice/Shrieve)

Frankenstein looked to John walking off and shook his head. He looked back at the others and began to speak.

"Listen, I, more than maybe anyone, know what a complete dick John can be. He is also the most loyal and determined son of a bitches I have ever met. He gave me some idea of what he thinks is going on on the way here. And he had a reason for the bar. It's at the end of the block, at the end of the cemetery. If you look at the window to the attic, the only original one in the old building, it is stained glass. From my guess it was once either a convent or some other such. And chill Blue, not exactly hallowed ground anymore. But it is, as John explained once, sympathetic. Makes the wooj he plans on using to keep those not invited from hearing our chat. He may be an ass, but he is smart."

"Seems to me," Liv couldn't help but quip, quipping was kind of her thing, "being smart-asses is maybe the one thing all of us have in common."

Craft looked at the girl, and saw her every choice and life experience, like it was an echo of so many thing's he'd seen before, some in the mirror. He grinned wryly.

"I am. Three years and more, now. Still can't quite quite the smokes full time though. But a man...or a woman, should be allowed some lesser vices."

"Nicotine is barely a vice," Lori agreed with a wry grin. "I mean, people never shut up about second-hand smoke, but ten years ago people on energy drinks were mass-murdering people. Give me a good menthol any day."

Frankenstein looked over to Black Alice and smiled as best as his fractured form could. Not the prettiest smile, and honestly maybe a tad disconcerting. But somehow calming at the same time. "Miss, if you need a hand, I can help. I uh... Frankenstein reaches into his coat and pulls out a small chip, a token, and he tosses it toward Alice. "Can't exactly attend the meetings so easily these days, god bless the internet. But that was the last one I earned in person. It's not your typical poker chip. It was blessed by the woman who first created the coin idea. A nun. And if you look, the coin is etched on the back of a Sacred Heart Medallion. That's what she first gave out. It was custom made for me at the time from a medallion she had once handed out. She then personally blessed it. And since then, it has also been blessed by another... It has helped me, I hope it helps you too.

Lori stared at the hulk of a being for a moment, her eye twitching a little. She decided he wasn't nearly as scary as he could be-- like Fezzik from Princess Bride. But then she nodded, looked at the medallion, then back up at Frankenstein. She didn't know how to react, but she'd already played her hostility card "That was-- I mean-- I kind of thought me and the scruffy nerf-herder were having an A and B conversation, you know? But-- thanks. I guess. Any blessing's a good blessing, right? I mean, I'm Wiccan, but I guess that one Pope put a better spin on the whole Catholic thing-- just so long as no-one tries to burn me at the stake. So-- thanks. I guess." And she slipped the medallion into her pocket.

Reaching up around his neck, Frank Craft unhooked a Saint Jude Medallion, handing it to Lori. "Here, kid. This doesn't have any magic that I know of, but it's the patron saint of lost causes. And Policemen. It's saved me a few times. Might be you need it more than I do, right now."

One minute people were wielding cutlery at her, now they were throwing coins at her like she was a fountain, what the Hell?

But lost causes. Boy did that ever strike a nerve. And even though it didn't have the fancy-pants enchantments on it, sometimes a secular sentiment carried more weight than the deepest magick-- it was all about the purity of your intentions. And for some reason she couldn't help but think that both these Franks had pretty good intentions-- but that Craft's vibed more with her own.

She hung the Saint Jude's Medallion around her neck, along with her choker and her crucifix (more of a redesigned ankh than a Christian Cross, patterned after The Coptic Cross).

"Anything that gets you through the day, right? One Day At A Time."

Meanwhile, Shrieve's sins were finding her out, Numbers 32:23.

Danny shook his head.

Dammit Shrieve, I was just a means to an end huh. I suppose if I hadn't been able to help you out that demon killing knife would have been put to it's true use. Well you would have tried anyway." He still had to keep up some appearances.

Shrieve blazed at him, gorgeous face a scowl of unrighteous indignation. "That's all anyone is to each other. Ever. Means to ends, that's how the world goes 'round, Devil, how can you not know that? People pair into couples so they don't feel alone, they can get their rocks off and pass on their genetic code. People don't ever work for no reward-- you show me an altruist and I'll show you someone trying to earn a cushy spot in Heaven or, if they're an atheist, a smug damn sense of superiority. And if you're not of use to someone, if you're not a means to anyone's end, you end up worm food and give back to The Circle of Life."

(She did not mention, aloud, that the desire to use someone to get her rocks off-- naming no names but he had two horns and a SAG card --was autobiographical. Still. Ugh.)

"The human race is done with creatures like you, Blue, we're over and done with you, stories about you got us through the caveman days and The Dark Ages but it's the twenty-first fucking century and we're moving on and we're moving up. New Age of Magic my ass, more like a swan song. So yeah. If you're not pulling your weight, you're damn right you're going to end up on the business end of some demonslaying pigsticker or another, even if it's not mine."

"And what happens if we decide you're not useful, Shrieve?" Liv asked pointedly, eyes narrowed. "We've got Frank Craft, we've got Frankenstein, we've got The Hellblazer and The Blue Devil, what are you bringing to the table, anything?"

"And what if I don't?" Shrieve narrowed her eyes at the zomibe girl. "You got another kick-ass black-ops monster hunter on call that I don't know about?"

(This was, of course, factoring in the notion that The Chicago Guardian was, as The Sword of The Balance, somewhat more a white knight than black ops, though no-one here doubted he could kick ass.)

Liv just crossed her arms over her stomach and arched both eyebrows.

Shrieve hesitated. And backpedaled a step mentally.

"Okay. Yeah. Lilywhite's no slouch, I can admit that much."

No slouch-- Liv's ex-fiance Major Lilywhite (yes, his real name) was natural-born monster-killer-- the fact that he was mostly self-taught from The Internet made it all the more impressive.

"You're damn right he's no slouch," Liv grimaced. "'So don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable.' Play ball, help us squash the monsters that are actually out to hurt and kill people, and maybe we'll see you as a means to our end and nobody ends up worm food."

Shrieve's lip curled. She spat at the sidewalk. And grimaced. And wouldn't look Blue Devil or Revenant in the eyes. "...fine," she said in such a way as suggested that it was absolutely not fine, and she was still going to look for an opening to get back at all of these freaks or get out of their radius or both at the earliest goddamn opportunity.

"Fine suddenly I feel like a drink and so does she," He said pointing at Shrieve. "Oh and before you get any funny ideas, I really don't need the trident to use hellfire anymore. That just let's me focus it a bit better and send Demons back to hell. I can conjure up some nice flames myself that will scorch you nice and good before you can say boo so how about just coming for that drink."

He waited for Shrieve to make the next move. The thing was he still wanted to help her out and he still wanted her. Damn was there something really wrong with him?

He was bluffing. Wasn't he? No, no, the light in his eyes was more than tell enough for any poker face, he meant business.

...damn him, damn him for being so impressive, damn him for being damned and wearing it so damned well...

"Whatever. I help you kill this shit in New Carthage, that better be enough community service penance that everyone stops riding my ass."

And that Freudian slip hung in the air juuuust long enough for Shrieve to imagine Blue actually doing that to her aaaaand wheeled about to stalk towards the bar. "Fine. Fucking fine. I get a drink too, though. 151 might burn this taste out of my mouth."

Frank takes a minute to make sure his blade and gun are hidden under the massive coat and he looks around again. Assessing everyone.

Liv grinned at him softly, eyes dancing. "I'm not drinking if I'm on the clock, Frankie. A three-martini lunch on my metabolism, that could get interesting. But make that a sarsaparilla with sriracha, and you're cooking with gas."

A slamming car door echoed in the street, and Liv glanced up to find that two or three Sheriff's Department cruisers had gathered twenty yards or so away.

"Everyone head to the watering hole," Liv suggested, "I'll head off the authorities."

And she walked towards the police cars holding up an empty hand in surrender, and her S.H.A.D.E. badge and ID in the other. Of course, S.H.A.D.E. wasn't precisely a governmental entity anymore, but they had enough technomantic shellgames in their corner that if anyone looked up her badge number it would redirect to information that would hold up to the strictest of background checks. The Legendarium even had a phone bank of Agents set aside in case anyone from The FBI or local PDs called to check credentials.

"Everybody relax, I've got it handled," Liv called out to them. "I'm Agent Olivia Moore, and these people were just throwing a very ill-conceived flash mob. They're going to go ditch their costumes and then they'll be back to clean up the squibs and prop motorcycle parts."

Exiting one of the vehicles was a shorter, gorgeous black woman, eyes narrowed, and getting out the passenger side of the car was her partner-- a tall bearded white guy, impeccably handsome, dressed like he was Straight Outta The American Revolution.

"Is that so?" the woman drawled. "Well, this happens to be a 'no flash-mob zone,' by order of Westchester County."

"I suspect that might be a Freedom of Speech issue waiting to happen," Liv drawled as she handed her badge to the black sheriff's lieutenant, eliciting an archly arched eyebrow from the tall bearded fella, whatever that meant.

The woman frowned as she examined the badge, drew her phone out of her pocket, and ran a check on the ID. She made a dubious noise as it came up clean and handed the badge back. "Thanks for your assistance in this, Agent. But jurisdictionally, I think any future viral-video reckless endangerment shenanigans should be left to municipal law enforcement unless Homeland Security says otherwise."

"I couldn't agree more," Liv nodded, accepting her badge back and pocketing it. "In fact, I was only just passing through; I have business in New Carthage. If you'll excuse me?"

The lieutenant squinted at Liv, and then waved her away. "Fine, but I'm calling their local to let them know you're coming. Keep your nose clean."

Liv nodded. "Thank you. Thank you for protecting and serving."

She turned and walked swiftly and purposefully after Frankenstein and the others-- Clive had taught her long ago that a solid percentage of police conversations were leveraged by exuding the proper aura of authority, and she'd gotten pretty good at it.

As she walked away, though, the taller gentleman stepped up beside the lieutenant, hands crossed behind him. "Lieutenant," except he pronounced it "leftenant," and spoke with a decidedly refined British accent, "unless I grossly misinterpret, I believe the gentleman in the hooded sweatshirt bears a striking resemblance to a species of Hellish dukedom described in The Lesser Key of Solomon."

"It's just a costume, Crane," the lieutenant replied, though she hardly seemed mollified. "It's all just costumes and Hollywood effects, people can get so creative these days with a cameraphone and Photoshop and a shoestring budget. Still, better keep an eye on them at least 'till they've left town."

"One eye at least," "Crane" agreed. "...and two if by sea."

Last edited:
Shit! Danny thought as he began to walk towards the bar.He had forgotten to activate his cloaking spell and now some of the local authorities had spotted him. All this crap with Shrieve had put him off his game. Heck now that he thought about it he hadn't even cloaked himself on the ride up here. Damn that was just basic but because she had flustered him so much he had forgotten it. Oh sure he had also been worried about the entity in New Carthage, but if he was being honest it was her that was distracting him.

As he approached the bar he gathered up the mystic energies he needed and allowed them to begin to play over his body. He wouldn't change until he stepped through the door, why give those cops another reason to investigate them, but he was getting prepared. It was always good to see his natural form again anyway.

Once inside the bar John ordered 7 glasses of water and 7 shots of the strongest stuff the old man behind the bar had. He brought his collection to the back corner of the bar staking claim of several tables. He sets out the booze and the water in a pattern surrounding the area. As he does so he chants in a whisper. As he completes the chant he lights one of the shots of booze and the other six burst to flame. All flickering with a soft bluish flame.

"Warding spell. Only those I invite into the warded area can understand what is said within. Otherwise it just sounds like inane chatter. Now, Lets begin." John prattles off the names of those present, pausing as he gets to Shrieve. Only if you promise to play nice do you get to come in love."

While John sets up shop Frankenstein walks over to the bar. He orders himself and Liv a drink and smiles as she enters the bar slightly behind the rest. As he walks over he hands her her glass and can't help but smile a little. "Your Sarsaparilla and sriracha. You know, we never made it up here, but back in the day, there were a lot of stories about this town. Even a story that once they made a version of myself. Well not of Chas, but of what I became. Rumor was that it was a combination of the process Frankenstein created, and some older mystic methods all cobbled together by, believe it or not, our founding fathers. John and I considered coming up but no one had any real evidence and we figured that it was all bs. But now that we are here... I feel it Liv. There is tremendous power in this place. No wonder this thing chose to manifest nearby." Frankenstein gave that lopsided monstrous smile as he took a drink from the giant stein he held. "On a brighter note, they make a hell of a root beer float." As he pulls the cup away there is a small smudge of ice cream/root beer foam on his nose.

Black Bishop, White Knight, Red Rook. (Black Alice/Shrieve/Revenant)

"Warding spell. Only those I invite into the warded area can understand what is said within. Otherwise it just sounds like inane chatter. Now, Lets begin." John prattles off the names of those present, pausing as he gets to Shrieve. Only if you promise to play nice do you get to come in love."

Lori hesitated before entering the warded radius, as though it were some kind of mystical tripwire. She had next to no understanding of the rules, here.

She glanced quickly at Frank Craft, checking with him to see if he would give her the all clear. Instinctively she trusted him-- more than she did any of these people, at any rate.

Shrieve, meanwhile, curled her lip and shot Blue Devil a look of her own, a contemptuous one--

--but then she stopped when he glamoured himself and looked... human?

She knew it was just a disguise, but there was something about that that made her heart do one of those foot-shuffles soccer players do to get their good foot in position while they're running. All part of the deception, of course it was, Devils were masters of deception, but-- it was harder to think of him as a monster when she remembered he used to be human.

Of course he'd given up his humanity, forsaken it to become That Thing.

And yet.

What was wrong with her?

Her eyes dragged back to Constantine, and she scowled at him.

"I'll play nice. Enough. For now. Final offer."

While John sets up shop Frankenstein walks over to the bar. He orders himself and Liv a drink and smiles as she enters the bar slightly behind the rest. As he walks over he hands her her glass and can't help but smile a little. "Your Sarsaparilla and sriracha. You know, we never made it up here, but back in the day, there were a lot of stories about this town. Even a story that once they made a version of myself. Well not of Chas, but of what I became. Rumor was that it was a combination of the process Frankenstein created, and some older mystic methods all cobbled together by, believe it or not, our founding fathers. John and I considered coming up but no one had any real evidence and we figured that it was all bs. But now that we are here... I feel it Liv. There is tremendous power in this place. No wonder this thing chose to manifest nearby." Frankenstein gave that lopsided monstrous smile as he took a drink from the giant stein he held. "On a brighter note, they make a hell of a root beer float." As he pulls the cup away there is a small smudge of ice cream/root beer foam on his nose.

Glancing out the window to see if the Sheriff's Department was following them-- they weren't, at least not openly --Liv turned to shine her smile on Frankenstein's face and gratefully accept the beverage. She sipped it, analyzed the taste like a sommelier, and then nodded acceptingly.

"Yeah, S.H.A.D.E. always talks about this place as one of the secondary mystical hotspots of American History. It's right up there with Miracle Mesa and Slaughter Swamp and Mackworth Island up in Maine. I guess maybe whoever's behind this thought that proximity to Sleepy Hollow would mask their shenanigans, like squinting into a bright light? It's so weird to know that this super-secret super-people stuff has been going on behind the scenes for actual ever. But I guess not everything pings the ol' scrying map, huh? It's sure pinging it now."

She shrugged. "I mean, not that I can feel it. My graveyard little body's no good for tapping Mana, I guess. Right now I've got this 'weirdar' danger sense, but it's more like subconscious synaesthetic realtime analysis of warning signs and trouble spots and statistical risk, more like an actuary than a psychic, which is probably as unsexy as it sounds."

Squinting one eye, she glanced up at that smudge on his nose, and reached up with a finger. "Hold still, you've got something on your--" gingerly, deftly, she flicked the foam onto her fingertip, and stuck it into her mouth to lick it clean, apparently oblivious to however sensual or intimate this might or might not be "--there." She sighed softly, made a sad face. "Oh, man, do I miss the taste of ice cream. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it never really goes away. I mean, sure, there's specialty jalapeno flavors that you can order online and stuff, but like-- chocolate! Oh, man, I'd even kill for vanilla some days, how lame would that be? 'I'm sorry I killed this man, Captain Babineaux, but he was taunting me with BNL's "finest of the flavors!"'"

Last edited:
As soon as he had walked in the door Danny had activated the Glamour. As there were no outraged shouts of offense nor startled looks in his directions he assumed it had worked and he walked straight to the bar.

"Give me the biggest jug you have of stout beer here. If you have Guinness I will have that and bless you for it."

He had stammered a little on bless, but it could just be put down to a speech impediment. He was getting better at this holy thing. At the moment he assumed he looked like his normal old self. It was the easiest thing for him to do as his mind instinctively new that shape even though he was beginning to forget what he looked like.

The bar tender came back with his jug and it was indeed Guinness.
"Ahh another one of these my man," he said as he paid the man for both. He quickly picked up the one in front of him and to the astonished looks of the people around him, downed it in one go before the barman arrived back with his second jug.

"Now that is a beer. Just like mothers milk it is," he said smiling as he grabbed the jug and walked towards the group at the table. As usual the seats were too small and flimsy so he stood leaning against a post and when he saw Shrieve looking at him funny he raised the jug and smiled at her before taking a sip.

Dammit why did she have to be so damn pretty and deadly. He was bloody angry with her for trying to manipulate him, but knew deep within himself if she crooked her finger at him he would go running off with her. It was just his nature now, although she better be careful not to push him too far or she would see just how far his nature had changed."
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Once everyone was situated at the table John takes a long haul off his beer and looks about.

"Alright kiddies, I know some of you lot, heard of others, and one of you I ent never heard of, but judgin' by the scene out there, you got a bit a mojo so yeh might be jus' fine to lend some backup. But, for once, I ent gonna lie to yeh. What we are gonna face is... beyond what most have ever seen. I wasn't sure it even existed. But if I'm right, its gonna take everythin' we have, and maybe then some."

John takes another long swallow and reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small scroll. He lays the scroll on the table and unrolls it. The writing is a Aramaic, but there are symbols that are even older.

"This here tells a story. About a being that was so reviled that even Satan refused it entry to Hell. Cursing it beyond Hell, and leaving it in eternal torment. When this soul was unable to pass into Heaven, Hell, or or even Purgatory, and cursed to eternal torment, it became dormant for a time. Torpid. But every so often it rises, or is awoken. And then it begins to feed. If... If this is right, what we are dealing with is more potent than any Demon or Angel."

Frank Craft sits at the table with the others in the quaint little colonial tavern, enjoying the feel of age in the polished walnut floors, bar, tables and chairs, the flagstone walls and raftered ceiling. He nursed his root beer, a local brand he'd never had before. All-in all he was having a fine day. And then Constantine spoke.

"Well, that sounded very reassuring. I'm certain victory is within our grasp."

Danny cursed under his breath and took another long drink of his Guinness. He had heard whispers of these beings in the underworld. Beings so vile that the various rulers of hell had banished them to the outer reaches of the void to spend eternity in endless torture to pay for their crimes.

That was saying something. I mean when the lord of all hell thinks you have gone too far you know the thing just has to be evil. That was the one thing John had gotten wrong. There was more than one and if one ever made it back to this plane of existence it was definitely going to bring it's buddies back as well.

"Well you got that right, and it seems that somebody thinks they can control it. Boy are they in for a shock if this thing ever breaks through. Now that John has identified the thing I sort of know what we are dealing with and believe me it is nothing we want to get over here. What we have all been experiencing now are basically it's first little yawns as it starts waking up. If we don't shut it down now and it gets a chance to really start to focus it's energies we might be screwed.

Danny finished off his jug of beer in a steady swallow and then looked around.

"So Ladies and gentlemen the question is what are we going to do about it?

Terror lies beyond this portal. (Shrieve/Black Alice/Revenant)

As usual the seats were too small and flimsy so he stood leaning against a post and when he saw Shrieve looking at him funny he raised the jug and smiled at her before taking a sip.

Dammit why did she have to be so damn pretty and deadly. He was bloody angry with her for trying to manipulate him, but knew deep within himself if she crooked her finger at him he would go running off with her. It was just his nature now, although she better be careful not to push him too far or she would see just how far his nature had changed.

Shrieve caught Blue catching her looking at him and immediately whipped her head away. She didn't look down, she wasn't ashamed, but damn if she was going to give him the idea that she'd give him the time of day.

This life was always a tightrope.

Sometimes you teetered off.

But damn, that was why you always packed grappling hooks.

She could deal with this.

If she could just-- think clearly-- for five minutes.

Once everyone was situated at the table John takes a long haul off his beer and looks about.

"Alright kiddies, I know some of you lot, heard of others, and one of you I ent never heard of, but judgin' by the scene out there, you got a bit a mojo so yeh might be jus' fine to lend some backup. But, for once, I ent gonna lie to yeh. What we are gonna face is... beyond what most have ever seen. I wasn't sure it even existed. But if I'm right, its gonna take everythin' we have, and maybe then some."

Lori-- Black Alice, as she was calling herself --sipped an Arnold Palmer with a harrumph and ignored the comment about having never been heard of. Like being mainstream was any great shakes.

John takes another long swallow and reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small scroll. He lays the scroll on the table and unrolls it. The writing is a Aramaic, but there are symbols that are even older.

Liv and Shrieve both arched eyebrows at the sight of that scroll.

Shrieve narrowed her eyes immediately thereafter. Was some of that Enochian? ...there were hints of some of the iconography from the circle of power she and Blue had encountered in New York, but she couldn't get a clear enough look to be sure.

Liv, meanwhile, leaned in beside John and squinted at it. She was surprised by how much of it she understood how quickly. Yeah, she had some basic magical training when she'd been inducted into SHADE, and she'd had plenty of SHADE-brains since, but her most recent brain was always her most potent. Apparently Palermo's brain was good for more than just danger-assessment.

"This here tells a story. About a being that was so reviled that even Satan refused it entry to Hell. Cursing it beyond Hell, and leaving it in eternal torment. When this soul was unable to pass into Heaven, Hell, or or even Purgatory, and cursed to eternal torment, it became dormant for a time. Torpid. But every so often it rises, or is awoken. And then it begins to feed. If... If this is right, what we are dealing with is more potent than any Demon or Angel."

He nursed his root beer, a local brand he'd never had before. All-in all he was having a fine day. And then Constantine spoke.

"Well, that sounded very reassuring. I'm certain victory is within our grasp."

Black Alice snorted, glanced gratefully at Craft. If there was one thing she could appreciate, it was cynical sarcasm.

But she had questions. Questions all day.

"What the fuck kind of soul was so anathema even The Devil didn't want it?" Lori squinted in incredulity. "Not that I'm straight-up accepting that the Judeo-Christian paradigm is the be-all end-all for afterlife hierarchy, but it seems like sick fucks are his kink, you know?"

"We could always call his bar in L.A. and ask him," Liv remarked wryly.

Black Alice blinked. "The actual Devil has a bar in L.A.?"

Shrieve grimaced. "Sometimes he does the talk-show circuit."

Black Alice wasn't sure if the pretty white-haired lady was messing with her, but she was pretty sure that the stacked blonde in the red jumper didn't have a sense of humor, so she wasn't kidding about this. "Does he ever talk about how we should put our heads between our legs and kiss our quims goodbye? This thing sounds so bad it could have us all for breakfast and pick its teeth with our bones."

Danny cursed under his breath and took another long drink of his Guinness.

"Well you got that right, and it seems that somebody thinks they can control it. Boy are they in for a shock if this thing ever breaks through. Now that John has identified the thing I sort of know what we are dealing with and believe me it is nothing we want to get over here. What we have all been experiencing now are basically it's first little yawns as it starts waking up. If we don't shut it down now and it gets a chance to really start to focus it's energies we might be screwed.

Danny finished off his jug of beer in a steady swallow and then looked around.

"So Ladies and gentlemen the question is what are we going to do about it?

"That, B.D.," Liv pointed at him, "is an excellent question. And we should compare notes at some point, make sure we're all on the same page with each other about what we're capable of, all the better to pool our resources with my dear."

She glanced up at Frank and at John. "But in the meantime-- John, Frankie-- what can we do?"

Last edited:
Black Alice snorted, glanced gratefully at Craft. If there was one thing she could appreciate, it was cynical sarcasm.

But she had questions. Questions all day.

"What the fuck kind of soul was so anathema even The Devil didn't want it?" Lori squinted in incredulity. "Not that I'm straight-up accepting that the Judeo-Christian paradigm is the be-all end-all for afterlife hierarchy, but it seems like sick fucks are his kink, you know?"

Craft sipped his soda again and smiled sadly.

"It's never as simple as good and evil. Good and evil are moral choices made by individuals according to situations. Cosmic powers break down into other things, like order and chaos, creation and entropy, yada, yada."

"Notice how it's always represented by dualities, conflicting sides. That makes it easier for the Powers that Be to separate everything into Us vs Them. As John and I both can attest, they don't like things that come in a more grey color. Third choices, option C, doesn't appeal to them. And THAT boys and girls is how you become something welcome in neither heaven, nor hell."

Craft drank his soda and wished bars still allowed smoking.

John and Frankenstein share a look before John continues. One they have shared all too often over the course of their friendship.

"Yeah, there's the legends of the Old Ones. The King of Tears, and all that. But that ent exactly what this is. This is something that even the King of Tears might pause for. Unlike those sleeping giants, this one never slumbered. He's as awake now as ever. The lore is sketchy. But I have on good authority that even the Rising Darkness was damned afraid of him when he showed up in Wales while they was puttin' their plans in play. Thing is he's a selfish prick. Only reason he ent wiped out more 'en he 'as. He don't like others. But now, something is changing. Seems that for the last 2000-plus years he 'as worked alone. But now, now he has started gathering forces. That can't be good. And I wanna know why. But I have my guess. Only way to know is to stop his little harvesting routine.

Now, listen mates, I know we lot don't exactly sit roun' the old campfire and sing songs, but if we want to stop this, we need each other. There's a reason we all just happened to end up here. I have lost too many people in my time because I refused to listen to anyone but m'self and because I put ego and pride before doin' what 'ad to be done. I paid dearly for that. I should have gone after this in Wales when I was asked. I let this happen. But I know that I can't take him down without help. Even with St. Francis here, I still ain't got enough juice to do more'n piss him off. But together... together we stand a chance. Not a great one, but a chance."

Danny cursed under his breath. Ahh fuck just his luck to get involved with 'THAT' one. With Lucifer taking a powder somewhere in Los Angeles, it was no wonder the rest of the Lords had dared to contact something like this. Perhaps, Actually more than likely, they all planned to betray the others and try to use it to steal the throne of Hell for themselves but they had probably lost sight of the big picture. This thing had been banished for a reason. It was more than Hell could contain and Heaven could defeat. If let loose in the world there would be no Hell to rule over.

Well I'm in. Banishing demons back to the netherworld has become sort of a specialty of mine,"he grinned. "And before you say it, yeah I know this thing is technically not a Demon but get over it. I reckon the trident is still going to hurt it and with enough damage it should be able to send that thing back if I can find the right wavelength. After all it is a summoned creature right?"

He hoped to Hell and Heaven he was right. He had no idea if what he was saying was true but he was playing a hunch and normally they payed off for him. Besides he wasn't alone and surely between the lot of them they could work something out.

John smiled a weak smile at Danny.

"See lad, only one person has the power to send this one to Hell, and afraid it ent any of us. So let Uncle John tell you a little campfire story.

Two Millenia back, there was this bloak, had this group of apostles and all. Anyway, one of 'em, the apostles that is, decided to stab their leader, their prophet, in the back. Turned 'im in to the Romans. We all know how this turns out. What most don't know is what became of good old Judy. See, Judas so offended his brothers, that they all damned him. Literally, see back then words had more power. They called upon their God, bayed him to curse Judas for his betrayal. Unfortunately for Judas, this was still a bit o' the hellfire and brimstone God. While The Christ may have come to create change in Heaven and all, Dad hadn't quite finished his anger management course. So, God curses Judas to forever lack acceptance, forgiveness, or peace so long as his blood walks the Earth. Lucifer, not to be out done, and outraged that Judas had ruined things before he could corrupt The Christ, cursed him to never find rest in Heaven or Hell and all the Realms between. These two curses, by the two most potent forces of the age, left Judas a broken mess.

It would be a few hundred years before Judas turned up again. This time though he wasn't alone. He had a woman with him. The original betrayer. Lilith. The two of em went on a rampage. Until the only other being with enough juice to interfere stepped in. Caine arrived in Carthage. He warred with Lilith and Judas, destroying the city. In the end, Judas was again the betrayer. He threw Lilith to Caine so he could escape. In her dying breathe, Lilith, the original Crone, again cursed him. Judas, the now thrice cursed, disappeared. He went to ground and despite the occasional rumor, he didn't make any significant moves until Wales. And now here. He has usurped the magick of many beings in the millenia in which he has walked this Earth. He was originally taught magick by Lilith, whom most believe to be the first human to harness magick at all. The progenitor. And now we need to find a way to stop him. If we don't he will wipe out as many human lives as he chooses.

Take the word of one Immortal. (Black Alice/Revenant/Shrieve)

Craft sipped his soda again and smiled sadly.

"It's never as simple as good and evil. Good and evil are moral choices made by individuals according to situations. Cosmic powers break down into other things, like order and chaos, creation and entropy, yada, yada."

"Notice how it's always represented by dualities, conflicting sides. That makes it easier for the Powers that Be to separate everything into Us vs Them. As John and I both can attest, they don't like things that come in a more grey color. Third choices, option C, doesn't appeal to them. And THAT boys and girls is how you become something welcome in neither heaven, nor hell."

Craft drank his soda and wished bars still allowed smoking.

Black Alice considered this for a moment, dwelled on the street-level wisdom that was Frank Craft.

"What was it the grown-ups used to say when they were my age?"

And she sipped her own drink, and decided: "Hashtag: goals."

John and Frankenstein share a look before John continues. One they have shared all too often over the course of their friendship.

"Yeah, there's the legends of the Old Ones. The King of Tears, and all that. But that ent exactly what this is. This is something that even the King of Tears might pause for. Unlike those sleeping giants, this one never slumbered. He's as awake now as ever. The lore is sketchy. But I have on good authority that even the Rising Darkness was damned afraid of him when he showed up in Wales while they was puttin' their plans in play. Thing is he's a selfish prick. Only reason he ent wiped out more 'en he 'as. He don't like others. But now, something is changing. Seems that for the last 2000-plus years he 'as worked alone. But now, now he has started gathering forces. That can't be good. And I wanna know why. But I have my guess. Only way to know is to stop his little harvesting routine.

Now, listen mates, I know we lot don't exactly sit roun' the old campfire and sing songs, but if we want to stop this, we need each other. There's a reason we all just happened to end up here. I have lost too many people in my time because I refused to listen to anyone but m'self and because I put ego and pride before doin' what 'ad to be done. I paid dearly for that. I should have gone after this in Wales when I was asked. I let this happen. But I know that I can't take him down without help. Even with St. Francis here, I still ain't got enough juice to do more'n piss him off. But together... together we stand a chance. Not a great one, but a chance."

This was fascinating.

Liv hadn't worked with John Constantine extensively. And not as much with Frankenstein as she might like. But from the sound of what Frank had told her over the years, and from her limited experience with The Hellblazer, it sounded like--

--like Constantine's character was actually developing. That he was learning from past mistakes. How odd was that?

Oddly, this wasn't especially reassuring to Liv-- maybe it was the danger sense whispering in her ear, letting her subconscious know exactly how slim that chance really was --and she stared down into her drink with the grim awareness that she could really use Time's help right now. Of course, she had no idea how long Time's "regeneration" would take him out of the game. (If he was even still a him at this point, he could be anyone on the gender spectrum when he changed selves.)

Danny cursed under his breath. Ahh fuck just his luck to get involved with 'THAT' one. With Lucifer taking a powder somewhere in Los Angeles, it was no wonder the rest of the Lords had dared to contact something like this. Perhaps, Actually more than likely, they all planned to betray the others and try to use it to steal the throne of Hell for themselves but they had probably lost sight of the big picture. This thing had been banished for a reason. It was more than Hell could contain and Heaven could defeat. If let loose in the world there would be no Hell to rule over.

Well I'm in. Banishing demons back to the netherworld has become sort of a specialty of mine,"he grinned. "And before you say it, yeah I know this thing is technically not a Demon but get over it. I reckon the trident is still going to hurt it and with enough damage it should be able to send that thing back if I can find the right wavelength. After all it is a summoned creature right?"

Shrieve laughed faintly at that. Ever so faintly.

Brooding and sullen.

But she was nothing if not honed to a single, gleaming point: "If it vibrates, we can kill it."

John smiled a weak smile at Danny.

"See lad, only one person has the power to send this one to Hell, and afraid it ent any of us. So let Uncle John tell you a little campfire story.

Two Millenia back, there was this bloak, had this group of apostles and all. Anyway, one of 'em, the apostles that is, decided to stab their leader, their prophet, in the back. Turned 'im in to the Romans. We all know how this turns out. What most don't know is what became of good old Judy. See, Judas so offended his brothers, that they all damned him. Literally, see back then words had more power. They called upon their God, bayed him to curse Judas for his betrayal. Unfortunately for Judas, this was still a bit o' the hellfire and brimstone God. While The Christ may have come to create change in Heaven and all, Dad hadn't quite finished his anger management course. So, God curses Judas to forever lack acceptance, forgiveness, or peace so long as his blood walks the Earth. Lucifer, not to be out done, and outraged that Judas had ruined things before he could corrupt The Christ, cursed him to never find rest in Heaven or Hell and all the Realms between. These two curses, by the two most potent forces of the age, left Judas a broken mess.

It would be a few hundred years before Judas turned up again. This time though he wasn't alone. He had a woman with him. The original betrayer. Lilith. The two of em went on a rampage. Until the only other being with enough juice to interfere stepped in. Caine arrived in Carthage. He warred with Lilith and Judas, destroying the city. In the end, Judas was again the betrayer. He threw Lilith to Caine so he could escape. In her dying breathe, Lilith, the original Crone, again cursed him. Judas, the now thrice cursed, disappeared. He went to ground and despite the occasional rumor, he didn't make any significant moves until Wales. And now here. He has usurped the magick of many beings in the millenia in which he has walked this Earth. He was originally taught magick by Lilith, whom most believe to be the first human to harness magick at all. The progenitor. And now we need to find a way to stop him. If we don't he will wipe out as many human lives as he chooses.

"Way I heard it," Lori protested, "Lilith got a bad rap, and got punished for it. She brought magic to humanity like Promethus stole fire from the gods, or that Pandora lady, and she got crapped on by Judeo-Christian myth, all 'coz Adam couldn't handle a girl who didn't cater to his every whim and wanted to fuck cowgirl style instead of missionary. Maybe Judas got the short end of a stick, too, got saddled with damnation even though he helped Jesus to die and any street-corner homophobe preacher man'll be the first to tell you that Jesus was only born on Earth to die for Mankind's sins in the first place, I've had that Scarlet Letter crap thrown in my face more times than I can count. Maybe it's like this guy says--" she pointed at Frank Craft "--things aren't ever so cut and dry as--"

Shrieve rolled her eyes. "Oh, spare me. Spare me your suburban public library Banned Books Grimoire of Lady Sheba bullshit. Whatever sordid backstory these people had when they were human, they're not human anymore, and they've given up the right to be treated that way. Especially if hapless helpless normal people are going to die because of them. The job is to fuck up the wolves so that the sheep don't get slaughtered, and make no mistake, these are some big bad wolves."

"No but wait," Liv hesitated, held up a hand toward Shrieve, stared hard at John. "Wait. Leaving aside that what's happening in New Carthage is somehow connected to something that happened in Old Carthage-- are you saying we need to get help from Cain? As in the Cain? Lilith's ex's kid?"

"The first murderer," Shrieve mused with a wry, almost wistful smirk. "I never know whether I'd want to kiss him or drop a nuke on him."

Last edited:
Black Alice considered this for a moment, dwelled on the street-level wisdom that was Frank Craft.

"What was it the grown-ups used to say when they were my age?"

And she sipped her own drink, and decided: "Hashtag: goals."

This was fascinating.

Liv hadn't worked with John Constantine extensively. And not as much with Frankenstein as she might like. But from the sound of what Frank had told her over the years, and from her limited experience with The Hellblazer, it sounded like--

--like Constantine's character was actually developing. That he was learning from past mistakes. How odd was that?

Oddly, this wasn't especially reassuring to Liv-- maybe it was the danger sense whispering in her ear, letting her subconscious know exactly how slim that chance really was --and she stared down into her drink with the grim awareness that she could really use Time's help right now. Of course, she had no idea how long Time's "regeneration" would take him out of the game. (If he was even still a him at this point, he could be anyone on the gender spectrum when he changed selves.)

Shrieve laughed faintly at that. Ever so faintly.

Brooding and sullen.

But she was nothing if not honed to a single, gleaming point: "If it vibrates, we can kill it."

"Way I heard it," Lori protested, "Lilith got a bad rap, and got punished for it. She brought magic to humanity like Promethus stole fire from the gods, or that Pandora lady, and she got crapped on by Judeo-Christian myth, all 'coz Adam couldn't handle a girl who didn't cater to his every whim and wanted to fuck cowgirl style instead of missionary. Maybe Judas got the short end of a stick, too, got saddled with damnation even though he helped Jesus to die and any street-corner homophobe preacher man'll be the first to tell you that Jesus was only born on Earth to die for Mankind's sins in the first place, I've had that Scarlet Letter crap thrown in my face more times than I can count. Maybe it's like this guy says--" she pointed at Frank Craft "--things aren't ever so cut and dry as--"

Shrieve rolled her eyes. "Oh, spare me. Spare me your suburban public library Banned Books Grimoire of Lady Sheba bullshit. Whatever sordid backstory these people had when they were human, they're not human anymore, and they've given up the right to be treated that way. Especially if hapless helpless normal people are going to die because of them. The job is to fuck up the wolves so that the sheep don't get slaughtered, and make no mistake, these are some big bad wolves."

"No but wait," Liv hesitated, held up a hand toward Shrieve, stared hard at John. "Wait. Leaving aside that what's happening in New Carthage is somehow connected to something that happened in Old Carthage-- are you saying we need to get help from Cain? As in the Cain? Lilith's ex's kid?"

"The first murderer," Shrieve mused with a wry, almost wistful smirk. "I never know whether I'd want to kiss him or drop a nuke on him."

Craft looked very seriously at Shrieve.

"There are four pounds of C-4 in the back of my Jeep. If we could get our hands on some plutonium or uranium, we could probably build a small dirty bomb. But I'm not setting it off anywhere that civilians get hurt. Now if we can drag this fucker into some pocket dimension or something, it's a viable backup plan."

Are you telling me this sucker is nuclear? (Shrieve/Revenant/Black Alice)

Craft looked very seriously at Shrieve.

"There are four pounds of C-4 in the back of my Jeep. If we could get our hands on some plutonium or uranium, we could probably build a small dirty bomb. But I'm not setting it off anywhere that civilians get hurt. Now if we can drag this fucker into some pocket dimension or something, it's a viable backup plan."

Shrieve quirked an eyebrow.

Rolled that around in her mouth.

And she nodded, implicitly taking back everything irritated she'd concluded about the man and reserving further judgement... for now.

"Okay. You'll do."

Liv rolled her eyes. "I'm sure in 2055, plutonium will be available in every corner drugstore, but here in 2025, it's a little hard to come by."

Lori squinted. "...wait, and pocket dimensions aren't?"

A faint smirk graced Olivia Moore's pale lips.

Shrieve half-shrugged.

Lori put her hands in her dark, dark hair, eyes wide. "Okay, what the Hell. Who are you people?"

Shrieve quirked an eyebrow.

Rolled that around in her mouth.

And she nodded, implicitly taking back everything irritated she'd concluded about the man and reserving further judgement... for now.

"Okay. You'll do."

Liv rolled her eyes. "I'm sure in 2055, plutonium will be available in every corner drugstore, but here in 2025, it's a little hard to come by."

Lori squinted. "...wait, and pocket dimensions aren't?"

A faint smirk graced Olivia Moore's pale lips.

Shrieve half-shrugged.

Lori put her hands in her dark, dark hair, eyes wide. "Okay, what the Hell. Who are you people?"

Frank craft smiled at the girl reassuringly.

"Would you believe, we're the good guys?"

Back