Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Lunaramblings

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Posts
1,225
Hey folks. Some of you may know me. I used to write on here constantly. Then I hit some dark times and had to walk away. I am back. And hoping to pick up where I left off, writing amazing stories with amazing people.

Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow is a thread set in the ArrowVerse. Based mostly on the TV Series, as well as those that have spun off of it. However, this is going to be set ten years into the future. Starling has officially become Star City, and much has changed. I will be posting an IC page as soon as I have confirmed that there are at least a few of us that want that to happen. If interested post below. I have no issue with both tried and true DC Characters as well as original characters so long as they fit within the outlines created by the setting. If you have interest/questions/etc post below. Thanks!

IC THREAD: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=62126271#post62126271
 
Last edited:
HIIII LUNAR!

I would very much enjoy the chance to fill bad guys with pointy sticks.
 
Definitely a fan of what DC is doing with their TV-verse. And I'm a diehard fanatic of Superboy and the original Peter David's Young Justice comic book. I also very much enjoyed the spectacular cartoon with the same name(but really, who didn't...right?? heh)...and even played Bart/Impulse in the short lived "The_Jeffinator's" Young Justice roleplay last year.

What's more -- my comic/DC guru of an IRL friend tells me that they are *MAKING* a live action Young Justice show for the lineup in the year 2016. Which of course has got me stoked!!! :)

The two of us are, attempting a "read" of the DC 52 Universe of comics(for which these new tv shows are based *MOSTLY* upon/inspired)....in......chronological order. History wise. Which is silly. Which is crazy. Which is completely anal retentive...on MY friend's part, since he's the "history buff"! But, whatever..............so......."we" haven't really gotten up to the cool stuff yet. Most of the heroes are *TEENAGERS*....

I'm on the second season of Arrow, saw one episode of Gotham...and am *DYING* to see Flash as well....but all in good time I suppose!! ;)

To get back to it(and I'm not even sure I can commit at this time, but I wanted to at least show some interest), what do you think of someone from the original Young Justice team......like......Conner or Bart in your roleplay "Lunaramblings"?

If you are making this set ten years in the future. How old does that put most of these heroes? Late twenties, early thirties? Which would then put one of the two above late teens, early twenties, right?

I have a definitive "voice" set for Impulse all ready. That much I'm confidant in ;)
 
Amen! Chas! ::::GLOMP::::

Oh my. It has been too long. Amen I would love to see your take on J'onn in the Arrowverse. Chas, my dear, it has been too long. I can't wait for you to join us.

Lachiyous: Hi. Nice to meet you. I love the enthusiasm. Ok. So, Oliver would now be mid-late 30s. By my best guess he is 19-21 when the Gambit sank, he then would be 24-26 in the first season of Arrow. It appear at least a few years has gone by, making him roughly 28-30 come the current season of Arrow. The rest we can sort of fill in from there. Thea would be roughly in 21 when the show began, so 31ish now. Felicity I put somewhere between the two. Maybe a couple years younger than Oliver but older than Thea. Diggle of course would be a big older. I figure he is probably in his late 30s when we first met him. So mid 40s now.

I would prefer to avoid Conner, though if you wanted to play a very young and fresh Bart, I think we could work something out.

Death Knight: HI again, nice to meet you as well. Any ideas about who you would be interested in?

So. IN overall notes, I am going to take a lead that Kara is around since CBS has green lit a pilot for next season, and as such, she, in this universe, will be taking the place of the big blue boy scout. Since it has also been revealed that they are doing a Young Justice/Teen Titans live action for TNT, which is rumored to be tied into the same universe as Arrow/Flash/Supergirl, and is said to feature Nightwing as team lead, there is a Batman lurking about. He will be around occasionally, though not a focal point. I am going to drag a Gotham in here as the starting point for our Batman, putting him roughly the same age as Moira and Robert Queen and Malcolm Merlyn.

We also know that Ra's Al Ghul is around, with the league and all. So, if anyone has any questions, I would be more than glad to get into specifics of any particular faction/group/whatever.

It is my intent that rather than forming the JLA as most see the shows doing, that in my version, they are forming instead the JSA. More mundane in someways, but still some heavy hitting and really cool characters, many of whom we know from the shows.
 
Well to be honest I am sketchy on the Arrowverse, was hoping to do a Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. But I am open to any suggestions (if I can play a benevolent Venom I'll be ecstatic)
 
"Lunaramblings": :) Thanks for the age clarifications, my friend! And I mainly mentioned Conner -- besides him of course being the *BEST-est* hehe -- because I BELIEVE he is going to be in that Young Justice tv show with Tim and Bart and Cassie(?) -- and if *THAT* happens........then, I will COMPLETELY be bouncing off the walls, and my enthusiasm will have to be reeeeeled in!!!!!!!!!

I'm just...sayin'.....ahahhahah ;)

Also, side note. Being a Marvel(first)/X-Men fanatic, I'm not going to lie.......I saw you write my all time fave character in Gambit.....and....I thought you were trying to *MESS* with me, y'see??? Hehe. It wasn't until I put the fan-boy aside, that you were referring to their family ship! :)

So. I can definitely do Bart. The main reason I asked about the ages, is so I could try and place HIS age. Would late teens work for him? Also, I'm quite in love with his original origin of the "growing up within the virtual reality environment", but most importantly his....erm.....very much impulsive personality, very erratic...hair brained thought processing. If you don't want him to come from the FUTURE, that's fine. He doesn't have to. But I'd love to keep those two elements to him above all(VR + personality).

For those that have seen me write -- "DeathsKnight" mainly. I'll have to apologize in advance for TWO things. 1)My speed in which I put out posts. It won't be fast(unlike this character, right?). And I'm hoping that won't be a problem. 2)As if the style I write weren't "unorthodox" enough.....because I've written Impulse before. It's almost....even.........WORSE. And I've even heard it causes *MIGRAINES*("The_Jeffinator" used to say that reading my Bart posts gave him such!)....but....I always try to make it sort of an organic like experience. So hopefully people are patient with me. And it'll be worth it!

Thanks for even considering me, "Lunaramblings"! :)))


Oh! Before I forget. I'm quite curious which character(s) in fact, Miss "ChasNicollette" and yourself might seek....to be representing?? ;)
 
I would certainly be interested to see your take on Bart, Lachy!

Hey, Lunar! Yes it has been too long. I worried about you!

And seeing Amen throw on the ol' green skin and red eyes would be a wonder to behold.

I was thinking of, believe it or not, portraying an Artemis Crock or an Arrowette, a la "Young Justice," speaking of which. And, if there's time or space for her, my recurring OC Rose, this time with an H-Dial or an Osmosian powerset.
 
Holy crap -- pleeeeeeeeeeeease stop getting me excited. Because now you really are, Miss "ChasNicollette"! It would simply be AMAZING if you even entertained the thought of "touching".....Artemis...or.....whoaaa....Arrowette!!!!! That would be *AWESOME* That would be STELLAR! That would be....something, not short of..............*MIRACULOUS*????

Hehe.

Man. I love me some Young Justice. Now I want to go read those comics again. From start to finish. Whilst, simultaneously watching the cartoon!!! Ahaha ;)

But seriously, if you played EITHER one of those chickas, I would....be.....mm..........I would be floored, flushed, and flabber-gasted.........aaaaallllll in a good way?? Hehe :))))

Just whom in the world is this Rose gal-pal of yours though? May you please divulge me -- us all -- about her?? What are her powers? What's her DEAL if one will....?

*stops..the...full-court-press**apologetic smiles!*


;)

*waves to "AmenRa", whom he hasn't had the pleasure of meeting before!* I feel like such the party crasher...throw me out whilst you still can "Lunaramblings" -- before it's not *SAFE*!!! Ahaha..
 
I have long loved archer characters-- anyone who's known me extensively knows that. Partly it's the British upbringing, taught to cherish such bowmen as Robin Hood and William Tell. Partly it's being enamored of Susan Pevensie whilst reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Partly it's just the sheer bad-assery of being able to turn baddies into pincushions from hundreds of yards away.

Thus, I've long loved every member of Team Arrow in turn, though especially the gorgeous Connor Hawke. They're foreshadowing Connor's presence pretty heavily on "Arrow," however, so I'm pretty sure that I should hold off on him and see how he unfolds in "canon."

Arrowette was one of my favorite characters from Peter David's original run on the comic. The way she was brave, skilled, cuter than buttons, and generally free of angst, while still being human, I adored that. Cissie King-Jones was a simultaneous crush and heroine of mine.

The fact that she got out of the hero biz and stayed out because it was her mom's life, not hers-- and then went on to win a Gold Medal in the freakin' Olympics against actual supervillains, that's my girl right there.

While I was disappointed to not see Cissie return in the "Young Justice" cartoon series, I found myself intrigued by their re-imagining of Artemis Crock, and respected that she added greater ethnic diversity alongside Kaldur'ahm, the new "Aqualad." Her redemption storyline, rising above the supervillainy of her parents, and her romance with my beloved Wally West, this was the stuff of legends. Also she's sexy as Hell.

I would be amenable to bringing either role to these fine pages, though upon contemplation-- given her parents' affiliation with The League of Shadows/Assassins, Artemis might be the better fit in this world.

Rose, meanwhile, has a literally storied past. She's made appearances in vastly numerous storylines I've written online, though the most successful of these was "Last Daughter of Krypton." She's had a variety of powersets-- though her "standard" set is fire and ice powers bolstered with flight and supersoldiery --and every time she shows up she (generally) tends to have a different father-- twice it was The Tenth Doctor from "Doctor Who," once it was Swamp Thing, once it was Destruction of The Endless, once it was Donald Blake before he discovered the walking-stick that transformed him into Thor. Generally, however, she's raised by a single parent with a background that lends itself spiritually and philosophically to becoming a superhero, often involving a secret order called "The Remnant."

This time, if Green Lantern Rings are also potentially in the mix, I'm strongly leaning towards giving her an H-Dial, an artifact which allows its wielder to become a number of different superheroes, mostly at random. The H-Dial is an antecedent to The Omnitrix from "Ben 10," of which I am also a fan, and I thought perhaps I could put an Omnitrix "spin" on the ol' H-Dial concept.

Rather than becoming one hero once randomly and then never becoming that hero again, I thought Rose's H-Dial would allow her to become a repertory theater of ten heroes, though she never knows which one she's going to get when she dials up. (My idea for extra randomness and to dial back (no pun intended) the deus ex machina-- I would have Rose dial "H" and then I would have Lunar our GM tell me which hero she got, and then I'd have to figure out what to do with the character in each situation. Challenge!)

Thoughts for her various heroes-- obviously subject to GM approval--

Valkyrie M: Rose's aforementioned "standard" powerset of fire, ice, flight, and Captain America level super-athleticism. A callback to a number of previous Roses, but especially the one from "Last Daughter of Krypton."

Roentgen-Ray Rose: Basically a female Thor, not entirely unprecedented these days, with vast strength and durability, and wielding a magic hammer that gives her godlike atmokinetic/meteorokinetic/electrokinetic abilities. A callback to a couple of previous Roses with ties to Marvel's Thor and Beta Ray Bill, but especially the one where Dr. Don Blake was her dad.

Redwood: Inspired by Neil Gaiman's unused Swamp Thing concept of The Wolves of The Woods, this would be a heroine composed of plant life but with an animalistic attitude, largely reminiscent of Wolverine complete with thorny claws from the backs of her hands. She'd be fragile, easily damaged, but extremely regenerative. She'd also have the ability to elongate and shapeshift her plant body, and have a very limited ability to communicate with and control plants. A callback to a storyline where Rose was Swamp Thing's daughter (a la Tefe Holland), though she never did get her powers before that story went defunct.

Element Girl: (Not entirely satisfied with that name, though I do like the shout-out to Urania Blackwell.) This powerset would enable Rose to copy/absorb things she touched, like Absorbing Man, or Amazing Man, or Kevin 11. She could turn into stone by touching stone, or metal by touching metal-- or if someone attacks her with electricity, she could become supercharged with electricity. A callback to one Rose in particular who befriended a good guy version of Metallo-- her powers were accidentally activated by his kryptonite heart.

The Koan: Inspired by such characters as John Constantine, The Question, and The Question's Watchmen counterpart Rorschach, this hero is powerless-- but a brutal hand-to-hand combatant and traceur, a skilled detective, and a low-level exorcist/demonologist/petty-dabbler-in-The-Dark-Arts. Tends to speak in Zennish riddles. A callback to the Swamp Thing version of Rose, who was raised by Constantine-- (in the LDoK version he was an "uncle") --and to a female Rorschach I once played in another game of Lunar's.

Cannon-in-D: A cyborg character inspired by Cyborg of Teen Titans and The Major from Ghost in The Shell, she's a low-level superstrong bulletproof bad-ass who can hack other systems and transform one arm into a powerful sonic cannon.

LodeOut: A magnetic/ferrokinetic heroine largely inspired by Cosmic Boy of The Legion of Superheroes.

Constant-C: A superspeedster whose body is composed of varying forms of light. Her body is intangible in this form, unless she concentrates ferociously to solidify herself with hardlight forcefields so as to interact with solid matter. Highly vulnerable to light-manipulator characters like Rainbow Raider or dark-manipulators like Obsidian.

ShadowPax: A mash-up of Nightcrawler and Spider-Man (or, more appropriately, The Black Spider from the Young Justice cartoon), a wallcrawling, shadow-porting, webslinging, sword-fighting ball of agility and wisecracks.

Submersive: A merwoman heroine adapted to undersea and amphibious combat, with mystical powers of hydrokinesis.

...so, tl;dr, that's Rose's "deal."
 
Last edited:
A Mjolnir wielding Rose?

Well. She was named Valkyrie by a certain thunder god once....
 
A Mjolnir wielding Rose?

Well. She was named Valkyrie by a certain thunder god once....

An honor that she has taken to heart in subsequent incarnations, I can assure you. :: grins delightedly ::

Though this wouldn't be Mjolnir, specifically-- it'd be more like Stormbreaker, the mallet that The All-Father bequeathed upon Beta Ray Bill, Worthy of The Power of Thor.

I haven't come up with a name for Roentgen-Ray Rose's hammer, yet, but I think it may invoke a similar name to "Stormbreaker" or "Thunderstrike."

If Rose is Welsh in this version, it might just be "Taranfollt"-- Welsh for "thunderbolt," and evocative of Tarene, Marvel's Thor Girl.
 
Cissie. I LOVED Cissie. And Cassie. I loved them together. I loved almost everyone on that Young Justice comic. I loved Peter David writing it, and loved Todd Nauck drawing it! [I actually met Todd at NY comic con in 2010, and had him sketch/draw Conner + Cassie for me, ala his Young Justice style because it was my most favorite, ever. And I'm a big romantic softie for those two. But I'd have loved a group commissioned shot of the whole team from him! I gushhhhhhhhhh'ed about the comic. I wanted HIM personally to bring it back.....and I think he wrote something like "To such and such(heh)....Thanks for Keeping Young Justice Alive!"(obviously filling in my name there) I met John Romita Sr there as well, and yet I had so much more fun with Todd -- probably because of the time and one-on-one that he was allowed to provide me. It was so bad ass!!]

But anyway, yes. Bart, Tim, and Conner...it started with those guys. Then the girls Cissie and Cassie, along with Secret/Greta. I even liked Empress/Anita, Lil' Lobo, Red Tornado, etc...

It's the companionship. The comradery, betwixt them all. It meant the best. It WAS the best. And it broke my heart, asunder. When the saga ended/transitioned. Into Teen Titans. (change of title and creative team). I agree with you completely. I so wanted Cissie to continue to be on the team. I hated her leaving. Because I missed her. I missed her friendship. Because she was IMPORTANT. Because she IS....

And....yes. Equally important. I couldn't stand that she was *NOT* on the cartoon. But then. The cartoon -- ala multi-verse jazz -- was NOT really....a mirror of the comic with the same name. But it DID have Superboy. And it DID kick ass, so I couldn't...fault it....too much. When I separated the two, and allowed 'it' to...exist on and by itself. Artemis was/is awesome.

I'm more of a Marvel guy myself. But....so......is SHE, a character created. Was she created exclusively for the cartoon. Inspired by Arrowette(I thought I heard that?)? Or did she exist in the comics before that?

Anyway, yeah. I definitely love both. I find it refreshing that YOU do too, Miss "ChasNicollette" -- and I did notice the archer theme in the two characters you had picked. Thanks for explaining that fascination of yours! Very very awesome if I may say :)

And your original character...........what can I say? Whoooooaaaa!!!! Now THAT is a character for the ages! So, part of the fun, in your writing her.....obviously....has been 'adapting' her, to every single...different...scenario. Over and over again, hm? Re-writing her, per the different reality and what not?

I....I've never seen the Ben 10 myself. But it's kinda funny. In the Young Justice roleplay that I participated in, there was a guy that loooved Ben 10, and so played him. (I like to tease him about that too since he's all about that character....but it's all in good fun!)

You certainly are paying some heavy homage and tribute to many different comic elements with which you hold dear...and I like that lots! Very cool :)
 
Cissie. I LOVED Cissie. And Cassie. I loved them together. I loved almost everyone on that Young Justice comic. I loved Peter David writing it, and loved Todd Nauck drawing it! [I actually met Todd at NY comic con in 2010, and had him sketch/draw Conner + Cassie for me, ala his Young Justice style because it was my most favorite, ever. And I'm a big romantic softie for those two. But I'd have loved a group commissioned shot of the whole team from him! I gushhhhhhhhhh'ed about the comic. I wanted HIM personally to bring it back.....and I think he wrote something like "To such and such(heh)....Thanks for Keeping Young Justice Alive!"(obviously filling in my name there) I met John Romita Sr there as well, and yet I had so much more fun with Todd -- probably because of the time and one-on-one that he was allowed to provide me. It was so bad ass!!]

I'm so jealous that you got to meet Todd! He and PAD are absolutely on my list of must-meet creators.

I've loved Peter David, you'll probably laugh, since I read his novelization of "The Rocketeer" waaaaay back in the day. I loved that film, as cheesy as it was, and the book made it even better. Then I found out he wrote Star Trek books-- and that, in part, led to my discovery of his comics and my love of comics in general.

Though it's also fairly fantastic that you got to meet JRS!

But anyway, yes. Bart, Tim, and Conner...it started with those guys. Then the girls Cissie and Cassie, along with Secret/Greta. I even liked Empress/Anita, Lil' Lobo, Red Tornado, etc...

I was delighted that Reddy came back as the "mentor" for the animated team, though I was disappointed that Empress and Lil' Lobo (or Slo-Bo!) didn't get to make appearances. But how awesome were the animated versions of Harm and Secret-- in an episode written by PAD himself, no less!

As much as people complained about the five-year gap between Seasons 1 and 2, I loved that it essentially reunited the classic team from the comics-- putting Bart, Tim, and Cassie with Conner at long last. (Almost no-one mentions that, I wonder why.)

It's the companionship. The comradery, betwixt them all. It meant the best. It WAS the best. And it broke my heart, asunder. When the saga ended/transitioned. Into Teen Titans. (change of title and creative team). I agree with you completely. I so wanted Cissie to continue to be on the team. I hated her leaving. Because I missed her. I missed her friendship. Because she was IMPORTANT. Because she IS....

And....yes. Equally important. I couldn't stand that she was *NOT* on the cartoon. But then. The cartoon -- ala multi-verse jazz -- was NOT really....a mirror of the comic with the same name. But it DID have Superboy. And it DID kick ass, so I couldn't...fault it....too much. When I separated the two, and allowed 'it' to...exist on and by itself. Artemis was/is awesome.

Yes. Yes. As much as it pained me to be deprived of Arrowette, the animated Young Justice was always its own organism, and Artemis was an essential part of that organism.

I'm more of a Marvel guy myself. But....so......is SHE, a character created. Was she created exclusively for the cartoon. Inspired by Arrowette(I thought I heard that?)? Or did she exist in the comics before that?

Artemis existed in the comics, but not quite like her Earth-16 counterpart.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(New_Earth)

She was still the daughter of a Sportsmaster and of a Huntress, but she was a villain who went by "Tigress." You may notice, of course, that when animated!Artemis went undercover as a villainess, "Tigress" was the name she used.

Though of course her "Artemis" guise was no doubt strongly influenced by Arrowette, it's not much of a stretch considering that her namesake goddess Artemis had a penchant for archery of her own.

Anyway, yeah. I definitely love both. I find it refreshing that YOU do too, Miss "ChasNicollette" -- and I did notice the archer theme in the two characters you had picked. Thanks for explaining that fascination of yours! Very very awesome if I may say :)

Thank you for putting up with my fanwankery! You're fairly awesome yourself!

And archer characters are, of course, quite in keeping with the show we're really here to fic about, which is to say Arrow.

And your original character...........what can I say? Whoooooaaaa!!!! Now THAT is a character for the ages! So, part of the fun, in your writing her.....obviously....has been 'adapting' her, to every single...different...scenario. Over and over again, hm? Re-writing her, per the different reality and what not?

Thank you, dear. She's been an interesting experiment. Sometimes I fear that she's just another Mary Sue self-insert character, and here I am going LOOK AT ALL THE COOL DADS SHE'S HAD, but really-- ultimately it's come down to having fun in each story, and finding a different voice for almost every world and yet keeping her soul a constant.

Getting to play with The H-Dial in this one would, given GM approval, almost be like a reunion tour of sorts for her past selves. Kind of like those episodes of Power Rangers where all the Red Rangers show up, or where the current Ninja Turtles meet their black-and-white comics counterparts, or like that.

I....I've never seen the Ben 10 myself. But it's kinda funny. In the Young Justice roleplay that I participated in, there was a guy that loooved Ben 10, and so played him. (I like to tease him about that too since he's all about that character....but it's all in good fun!)

You certainly are paying some heavy homage and tribute to many different comic elements with which you hold dear...and I like that lots! Very cool :)

Ben 10 has had its ups and downs over the years, but the fun they're having now-- in Ben 10: Omniverse --with the show's history and with rampant homages of their own to pop-culture history in general (Ben's middle name is "Kirby," after Jack Kirby, and for God's sake they just did a Point Break parody episode with bonus Bill & Ted references), I can't help but wanna get in on that.

Who was it that liked Ben 10 so? I might like to chat with them.

Additionally, I've always enjoyed characters-- like Animal Man, or Kevin 11 --where they have to succeed with what they're handed, even if what they're handed is earthworm powers or a block of wood. Having a power source that's capable of awesomeness but that's also capable of handing you a basically useless powerset in any given situation, that would be a test of Rose's ingenuity and mine, one I hope to explore, and maybe earn her a spot beside the greats.
 
Last edited:
Wow. Lots of responses.
Deathsknight: I would definitely be willing to hear thoughts on a more benevolent venom. By which I am assuming you mean the Spider-man character and not the drug which empowers Bane.

Off the top of my head I could see it being a nanite creation that was perhaps inspired by the miracuru from Arrow. Or conversely, could be a creature from sub-dimensional space that hitched a ride with dr palmer or since we do have J'onn I am not against the alien tech/species origin though there are some things we would need to hammer out in pms.

Chas, my love: I would totally be cool with really any of the options that you threw out. There are Green Lanterns. At this point Hal is the GL for earth. While less experienced than Ollie he has been at it for a bit.

Once you narrow your choice down let me know.

Lachiyous: Bart is totally cool with me. He would likely be like14-16ish at this point. So long as he does note engage in any inappropriate activities I think that is fine by the lit rules.
 
A Venom not hell-bent on killing Spiderman...and I get to write it!!!

Man I think that I just got a tear in my eye -sniff-

Well since you gave two options, why not combine them? A nanite solution which got contaminated with alien DNA, of course it assimilates the new material and after the mould became self-aware, it attached itself to a lab tech, hitched a ride out and found a suitable host?

If that could work then most of it is sorted out, perhaps bend on the finer details with a pair of pliers.
 
A Venom not hell-bent on killing Spiderman...and I get to write it!!!

Man I think that I just got a tear in my eye -sniff-

Well since you gave two options, why not combine them? A nanite solution which got contaminated with alien DNA, of course it assimilates the new material and after the mould became self-aware, it attached itself to a lab tech, hitched a ride out and found a suitable host?

If that could work then most of it is sorted out, perhaps bend on the finer details with a pair of pliers.

DeathsKnight:

If you've read "Ultimate Spider-Man" at all, their version of The Suit that became Venom was intended by its creators as a cure-all, a cure even for cancer. Of course, it didn't stay that way-- it became part of the wild-goose chase after a way to replace the irreplaceable Captain America as a mass-producible super-soldier.

Bane, in his own way, is a super-soldier-- born of crime and ambition, not of the valor of men and the greed of corporations-- but his "super-soldier serum" was the drug Venom, as Lunar has already mentioned. Perhaps your Venom-- to tie his roots into DC continuity, especially if we are bringing in "Gotham" --is an evolution on Bane's drug. Venom the Suit and Venom the drug being one and the same.

Perhaps the symbiote synthesizes the drug as a by-product of its metabolism-- it consumes matter and then secretes Venom-- whilst simultaneously supporting and enhancing the drug's effects on the symbiote's host-- a delivery method far more clean and efficient (and less vulnerable to attack!) than hoses into the neck. After all, Bane is a rare creature simply because almost no-one except for Bane could survive the implantation processes of the drug's infusion paraphernalia and the internal armor plating that made Bane such a formidable physical combatant. If the Venom suit were introduced as a way to make the process more survivable-- yet perhaps more addictive --this would be a boon to those with military contracts who would want hundreds of Venom-powered soldiers to overpower the enemy.

I can pinball the concept around a little more if this intrigues you, maybe we can figure out a way to make it more seamless. If you don't choose to go this direction, I'll not be offended, but I wanted to put my two cents in.

Lunar:

I think at this point I will go with Artemis and with Rose, if that is all right with you?

Did you have any quibbles with my concept for the Rose with an H-Dial, or the heroines she might dial up? Anything I should refine or discard or incorporate?
 
I'm so jealous that you got to meet Todd! He and PAD are absolutely on my list of must-meet creators.

I've loved Peter David, you'll probably laugh, since I read his novelization of "The Rocketeer" waaaaay back in the day. I loved that film, as cheesy as it was, and the book made it even better. Then I found out he wrote Star Trek books-- and that, in part, led to my discovery of his comics and my love of comics in general.

Though it's also fairly fantastic that you got to meet JRS!
I went to the convention specifically for John Romita Senior, because let's be honest. HE is a *LEGEND* among legends! One cannot be a fan of Spiderman and NOT want to pay heed to HE whom brought the character to ever-so-classical LIFE!!!! So that was a treasure and a half of course! My only wish was/is/was/is that I would have been able to......get him to draw me a picture.....just one....for the LOVE of anything, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease sir...of Mary Jane! I wanted one. I *NEEDED* one. With all of my heart and soul. But alas. A legend like that, commands a LINE like 'none other'....and so...he couldn't have thought about drawing a 'sketch' for me(because of course I asked/begged/asked).....then.....he would have HAD to do one for EVERY single person in line. So...........*deep breath* boo! But...what can one do, y'know? It was still *AMAZING* to meet him. He signed my comics. I took his picture. It was still awesome! On the contrary.........even though his SON was to his left and had his "own" line...and unintentionally is Marvel's 'golden' boy now-a-days(or he was)....all because of who his father is(!!!!)...........................I.....just really do NOT see the appeal at all in JRjr. Though I do love Kick Ass, both the movie(first) and the comic. Go fig.

I got to meet one of my favorite artists in Whilce Portacio, ala his Image Comics title in Wetworks, so it was awesome to talk to him! But yeahhhh...........Todd, I didn't even know he would be there.........I ended up I think.........re-buying a buncha Young Justice issues there, juuuuuust so he could sign them as well! He was just so personable and awesome. I would totally meet him again. If you see his pictures from many of his conventions.....he gets 'involved' with those that cosplay around him doing poses and all. Very much a cool guy! Can't say enough cool stuff about him. And if I get the pleasure of meeting him again in the future? I will BOMBARD him with more Young Justice love's and beg him to GET back and bring that comic back to life -- you know.....a fan boy's dream and stuff like that! Hehe ;)

Oh. I also had him draw a sketch of Robin(ala YJ style for one of my best friends(we both collected that title back in the day so I HAD to get one for him too!) and Todd I believe wrote on that one "Trained by the World's Greatest Detective!" :) If I find the photos somewhere I'll upload them for you! :)))

Peter David is definitely amazing though. I love him on my X-Factor title(though of course I'm behind......I hope that comic is still coming out!). He's just good people's. And it would definitely be sweet to meet him. The buddy above -- his all time fave comic is none other than The Incredible Hulk, so besides Dale Keown...I know he REALLY wants to meet Peter as well! :)

I was delighted that Reddy came back as the "mentor" for the animated team, though I was disappointed that Empress and Lil' Lobo (or Slo-Bo!) didn't get to make appearances. But how awesome were the animated versions of Harm and Secret-- in an episode written by PAD himself, no less!

As much as people complained about the five-year gap between Seasons 1 and 2, I loved that it essentially reunited the classic team from the comics-- putting Bart, Tim, and Cassie with Conner at long last. (Almost no-one mentions that, I wonder why.)

I loved seeing Secret as well in that episode. I did like seeing Cassie and Tim and eventually Bart, in the second season of the cartoon. It was different, and I was sorta at conflict with myself. Because I was so USED to having/seeing/*NEEDING* Conner and Cassie being an item. That....for that to be non-existent, in............anyyyyyyyy fashion-what-so-ever....within the cartoon reality(keeping in mind, or not that it's SUPPOSED to be different than the comic one)...............it still hurt, and was annoying. Now. I, like I said......I adapted in the first season. Because anything with my 'boy'...with Superboy in it....I ALMOST have to love it...(unless it's Rob Liefeld drawing him *criiiiiinge*)....and I went along and loved the flirting...."thing"/relationship that him and M'gann had going on! Y'know?

But I guess I wanted(like everyone else) MORE! Because each season was so freakin' *EPIC*(there's no other way to describe them, right?)....how in the hell could anyone NOT want the saga to continue??? I wanted them to delve into it more. MORE-MORE-MORE!

That show ending. Spectacular Spiderman cartoon ending(which I found to be JUST as awesome -- Josh Keaton is a fantastic voice talent!). Heck I even liked the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon even if it wasn't *AS-GOOD* as these other two above............I still liked it! (or maybe I'm just desperate for an awesome *X* cartoon too, right?).......anyway, it's annoying to have amazing animated...........THINGS..........canceled like this. I hold Fox and Sony and Warner - Freakin' - Brothers responsible!!

Yes. Yes. As much as it pained me to be deprived of Arrowette, the animated Young Justice was always its own organism, and Artemis was an essential part of that organism.

Artemis existed in the comics, but not quite like her Earth-16 counterpart.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(New_Earth)

She was still the daughter of a Sportsmaster and of a Huntress, but she was a villain who went by "Tigress." You may notice, of course, that when animated!Artemis went undercover as a villainess, "Tigress" was the name she used.

Though of course her "Artemis" guise was no doubt strongly influenced by Arrowette, it's not much of a stretch considering that her namesake goddess Artemis had a penchant for archery of her own.
Thanks for informing me of her actually being a comic character. I knew you'd be the right person to ask! ;) They definitely made her a likeable character. Of course they made almost EVERY likeable...which I think...which is what made the show so successful...

Thank you for putting up with my fanwankery! You're fairly awesome yourself!

And archer characters are, of course, quite in keeping with the show we're really here to fic about, which is to say Arrow.
Do you.....have you....."shot" an arrow in real life, by any chance? I mean, you said you're quite fascinated in archery being raised British....so I was wondering if you carried that passion/enthusiasm to the....actual bow and arrow, as it were? :)

Thank you, dear. She's been an interesting experiment. Sometimes I fear that she's just another Mary Sue self-insert character, and here I am going LOOK AT ALL THE COOL DADS SHE'S HAD, but really-- ultimately it's come down to having fun in each story, and finding a different voice for almost every world and yet keeping her soul a constant.

Getting to play with The H-Dial in this one would, given GM approval, almost be like a reunion tour of sorts for her past selves. Kind of like those episodes of Power Rangers where all the Red Rangers show up, or where the current Ninja Turtles meet their black-and-white comics counterparts, or like that.
So assuming you get the 'okay' from "Lunaramblings" with respect to your original character(which of course would be sweet for you...and I'm sure a treat for all of us/me to see HER in action!)....what happens if SHE "dials up" the super-speed power/persona/entity...? Would that be complimentary to Bart at that particular moment......would they -- assuming THEY would be in that same scene together -- be bouncy-crazy together...? That reminds me. How old is she? She's gotta have her....heh.....well, she's not loopy or zany like *HE* would be, right? ;)

Ben 10 has had its ups and downs over the years, but the fun they're having now-- in Ben 10: Omniverse --with the show's history and with rampant homages of their own to pop-culture history in general (Ben's middle name is "Kirby," after Jack Kirby, and for God's sake they just did a Point Break parody episode with bonus Bill & Ted references), I can't help but wanna get in on that.

Who was it that liked Ben 10 so? I might like to chat with them.

Additionally, I've always enjoyed characters-- like Animal Man, or Kevin 11 --where they have to succeed with what they're handed, even if what they're handed is earthworm powers or a block of wood. Having a power source that's capable of awesomeness but that's also capable of handing you a basically useless powerset in any given situation, that would be a test of Rose's ingenuity and mine, one I hope to explore, and maybe earn her a spot beside the greats.
That's awesome about the tributes like Jack Kirby, Point Break, and Bill and Ted! I'm actually find you to be very much....quite....the persuasive individual, the more I'm talking to you Miss "ChasNicollette"! It must be a gift of yours :)

The friend that is also into Ben 10, whom I tease(d) and roleplayed that Young Justice gig with.......his name is "Sean_Renaud"! To be honest, I think when I wrote Bart...it really did a "number" on him.............*leans in closer and whispers* I believe HE actually thinks that "I" *AM* Impulse -- no lie(s)! Ahaha :)

And that last sentence of yours....about being "one among the greats!" -- I think as long as YOU might be behind the helm. You should have nooooooo problem with that what-so-ever! Seriously. One can just tell these things....

Anyway, I should stop one-on-one ramble-talking like this in the open thread. I feel like I'm polluting a thread.....even if most(if not all) has to do with the roleplay. I don't want to unintentionally litter(sorry "Lunaramblings"*doh!*) :(
 
"Lunaramblings": Assuming I'm a definite to sign on for your roleplay here(I'm at a steady 65% for a 'yes' at the moment), would you have any objection if I had Bart be EIGHTEEN years of age, at the very least? Mentally, I'm going to make him much younger(as true to the comics)...but............"just to be safe"? My ambition for this character(nor for your roleplay) would not be for ANYTHING 'inappropriate'..........but........at the same. His own personality...hehe............by that very inconsistent -- and at that, 'contant -- nature........he can travel the unnatural line of chaos and inappropriate-ness...just because of who and what he is. I would think it would be.........easier.......if there were *NO* 'boundaries' for me as a writer/expresser-of-words to be........held down by..............whilst I would try and attempt to......wrangle him in, if but a moment.....on these very pages, in the roleplay. WHO KNOWS WHAT WOULD TRANSPIRE(or what he would say or do) during such the time??? Hehe :)

To be honest, 14-16 actually sounds/feels right and true to what SHOULD be. Good for the character.

But because of this site and what it...can/could potentially represent and the 'rules'......I think I would feel more comfortable again with the 'legal' age. Just to be safe? Thoughts?

Thanks again :)
 
Back
Top