What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a great thing to happen as my netbook has been on it's last leg for a few months, and the reason I failed my psych exam, and I wasn't looking forward to replacing it. But I can use the iPad for most of my school work, so problem solved. :cathappy:

Congrats!!!

Nice to see your hard work recognized.

I ditched my laptop long ago in favor of my iPad, and couldn't be happier.

Congrats!!!

Nice to see your hard work recognized.

I ditched my laptop long ago in favor of my iPad, and couldn't be happier.

I am already in love with it. I will still need another computer for my school work, and I've volunteered a friend to help me find the perfect one. He thinks that a laptop will still be best for my needs, and he may be right, but just knowing that I have more options now feels so good.

Truely a Christmas blessing. :)

I am already in love with it. I will still need another computer for my school work, and I've volunteered a friend to help me find the perfect one. He thinks that a laptop will still be best for my needs, and he may be right, but just knowing that I have more options now feels so good.

Truely a Christmas blessing. :)

Are you sure you need a laptop?

With the bajillion apps, including Office-compatible and open source stuff (and Apple Pages) which will write to the cloud (apps like Dropbox and Box), you may find that you can save the $.

The only gripe of a friend of mine was that she couldn't type as fast: she bought a compatible keyboard for $70

Just a thought.

New apartment!!! The move was pretty uneventful. Lots of cleaning, lots of carrying boxes and lots of juggling with furniture.

New couch!!! I'm probably gonna sleep on it, it's just so comfy and perfect for some serious hanging out wearing new PJs that my mom already spoiled I'm gonna get for Christmas.

New laptop!!! It's been long overdue.

We still have a lot of things to unpack, but we're getting there, slow and steady. The cat's starting to recover from the shock of being caged, too. The usual meowing has commenced. The apartment's great. There're lovely high (over 3m / close to 10ft) ceilings and old hardwood floors. The building's from 1941, but the apartment's been renovated in 2008, including replacing the water pipes and a complete rewiring.

We're seriously tired now, though. It's been a long day.

My new FREE fucking iPad!

I kicked ass, and for once, I've been rewarded by the McPowers that be.

Congratulations wenchie! It's so nice when hard work pays off in unexpected ways. Kick some more ass (not customer ass though, but wouldn't that be satisfying!) and maybe the McPowers will grant you a promotion. ;)

What made me laugh yesterday: our annual viewing of Bad Santa with a glass of bourbon. Best Christmas movie EVER.

New apartment!!! The move was pretty uneventful. Lots of cleaning, lots of carrying boxes and lots of juggling with furniture.

New couch!!! I'm probably gonna sleep on it, it's just so comfy and perfect for some serious hanging out wearing new PJs that my mom already spoiled I'm gonna get for Christmas.

New laptop!!! It's been long overdue.

We still have a lot of things to unpack, but we're getting there, slow and steady. The cat's starting to recover from the shock of being caged, too. The usual meowing has commenced. The apartment's great. There're lovely high (over 3m / close to 10ft) ceilings and old hardwood floors. The building's from 1941, but the apartment's been renovated in 2008, including replacing the water pipes and a complete rewiring.

We're seriously tired now, though. It's been a long day.

Congratulations to you too! Your new place sounds lovely. I'm a big fan of high ceilings (ours are about 3m too) but cleaning them is... not pleasant. I dream of the day I can get someone in to do it for me, but I'm pretty lazy. I'm sure your's will be kept pristine. ;)

Have a good rest and enjoy your new home. :)

Are you sure you need a laptop?

With the bajillion apps, including Office-compatible and open source stuff (and Apple Pages) which will write to the cloud (apps like Dropbox and Box), you may find that you can save the $.

The only gripe of a friend of mine was that she couldn't type as fast: she bought a compatible keyboard for $70

Just a thought.

I haven't looked into all of my options yet. I still am way behind on Christmas stuff, and I won't get my school check until Friday, so theres time to play before I do the shopping.

The reason we are thinking a laptop is because I like to play my video games in bed, really thats pretty much the reasoning behind it. I like moving about with my computer.

I'm actually pretty fast already with the typing on this thing. It surprised me, but yes a keyboard is in my future.

Congratulations wenchie! It's so nice when hard work pays off in unexpected ways. Kick some more ass (not customer ass though, but wouldn't that be satisfying!) and maybe the McPowers will grant you a promotion. ;)

What made me laugh yesterday: our annual viewing of Bad Santa with a glass of bourbon. Best Christmas movie EVER.

I am way past the point of wanting a promotion, and now that they have me in a store where I am doing my job, and not the one above me, I'm much happier and not feeling like I'm doing more than my pay grade. I'm not sure I'd even take a promotion if they offered it to me at this point. I just want to go in, do my job, have them pay for my school, and move on.

But, we'll see.

And thanks :)

The movie "This is 40" - specifically, the scene where the wife is trying to give the husband a blow job while the screaming kids are pounding on the door.

"Please may I cum master?"

"hmm I will think about it"

"Please, it will help my throat" (she's sick)

"How?"

"Y'know, endorphins and crap like that" :D

Some original fans of Jane Eyre might be unhappy to discover that the female protagonist has "explosive sex with Mr Rochester" in the publisher's erotic edition.

In Wuthering Heights, heroine Catherine Earnshaw "enjoys bondage sessions" with Heathcliff while sleuth Sherlock Holmes has a sexual relationship with his sidekick Dr Watson in the new e-book.​

Click to read the full story. :rolleyes:

So what with K working regularly now, our food stamps were reduced. A lot. This was seriously anxiety inducing on my part, because having food in the cupboards is a huge thing for me, cause when I was little there was never enough food (for example, once we ate dandelions and toast for dinner, because there wasn't anything else). The food stamps were kind of a security blanket. I just keep reminding myself that the reason I'm in school and K went to school and all that stuff is to get us off welfare, and this is a step towards that. Doesn't make it any less stressful.

However, today I got all the groceries we need for a week (for a household of eight) for $100, without cutting out extras like K's special coffee creamer or B's chai tea. I. Rock. :D

twinkies_zps6a51ef3f.jpg

For some reason, I can't get PhotoBucket to stop reducing the size of my saved pics, so if you can't read it, you can click this link to see the original-sized pic.

(And if you know how I can tell PB to quit shrinking stuff on me, PM me, willya?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back