Under the Boardwalk: Summer Poetry Contest

I just had a very good question about why only one of the five finalist poems has the title in bold. It's not a mistake. All poems are posted as they were submitted, so any boldface or italics, font changes, etc., reflect the way the poems were submitted and were the author's choice. :)
 
Dear PF&D Forum Lurkers,

I know you're out there and that you will read this. Please take a few minutes to vote for your favorite poem here. As of my writing this we only have nine votes. Don't be a slacker: those poems deserve better! (And if you already voted, you're the tops and please ignore this harangue).

I will be back tomorrow for further begging.
 
Thanks to those who voted yesterday. The numbers almost doubled since then. And if you haven't voted yet, check out the poems and choose your favorite. :)
 
Have you voted yet?

If you have not, you should. Every one of the five finalists is deserving of your read and consideration. And look how easy I made it for you! All you have to do is click the link, read and vote. It's your poetriotic duty.
 
There were twenty poems originally and now there are twenty votes? That sounds about right. I don't know that the people on the story boards know or care that poems are being written over here.
 
There were twenty poems originally and now there are twenty votes? That sounds about right. I don't know that the people on the story boards know or care that poems are being written over here.
..
When I submitted a new story to the sci-fi thread, I put a small blurb and the url in my head notes. made a small increase in the semi, I think.
 
It

We're up to 23 votes which is pretty good for here and we still have a few days to go. I'm no Cassandra but it doesn't appear that things will change drastically, but you never know.

And there is a great range of votes proving what a good group of contenders they are. Thanks especially to the newish poets who read and voted. Now we have you in our evil poetry clutches. :cattail:
 
It's the 29th and

We're up to 23 votes which is pretty good for here and we still have a day to go. I'm no Cassandra but it doesn't appear that things will change drastically, but you never know.

And there is a great range of votes proving what a good group of contenders the finalists are. Thanks especially to the newish poets who read and voted. Now we have you in our evil poetry clutches. :cattail:


Edited to add a a song for the finalists and wonderers.
 
Last edited:
Almost that time

At 9:00 pm, about 50 minutes from now bronz and I will start posting poets' names next to their respective poems. First the winner, then the other finalists and then the semi-finalists. It may take a few minutes to get them all posted so be patient with us. :)
 
Voting for the poetry contest is now closed. Congrats to all participants. Bronze will be posting the finalists momentarily and I'll follow up with the whole list. :)

Edited to add: I seem to have lost bronze, so I'll post now.
 
Last edited:
Here's the cheat sheet and the poets' names are now posted in both the semi-finals and finals threads.

Congratulations butters

:rose:s to all!
 
Back
Top