Ladies, Your Opinion On Female Condoms

Joined
May 12, 2015
Posts
7
Hi, I have posted on the boards a few times and written a few stories also. Literotica has been a creative outlet that I have enjoyed.

I would like to ask if there are any ladies that have had experience using female condoms and what their opinions are. I am able to find plenty of statistical info on-line but no personal opinions. Are they a turn-on, turn-off? Inconvenience or do they enhance the experience for a woman? As with most subjects, opinions will most likely vary but an overall consensus might help me decide if I should even broach such a subject with her or consider another avenue.
Any insight appreciated. Peace!

From a website:
Female condoms (Femidom) are made from soft thin plastic called polyurethane. They are worn inside the vagina to prevent semen getting to the womb.

At a glance: facts about the female condom
if used correctly, female condoms are 95% effective
they protect against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
a female condom needs to be placed inside the vagina before there's any contact with the penis
always buy condoms that have the CE mark or the BSI Kitemark on the packet – this means they've been tested to high safety standards
a female condom can get pushed too far into the vagina, but it's easy to remove them yourself if this happens
female condoms may not be suitable for women who aren't comfortable touching their genital area
female condoms shouldn't be reused – open a new one each time you have sex
 
if used correctly, female condoms are 95% effective
You know? I would be quite nervous about the prospect of 1 out of 20 nights it being "not successful". And THAT is if used correctly, implying they're even less effective when used incorrectly.

next, I actually kinda wanna have full access to her pussy, and not have some silicone thing stuck in it. I would rather wear a condom myself, which if it's a good one will leave my cock 100% visible and not change its form in any way. I don't want to look down and see a wrinkly silicone thing sticking out of her.
That's my opinion as a man.

Is there any upside to female condoms? I honestly don't see it, or else they'd be much more popular.:rolleyes:
 
You know? I would be quite nervous about the prospect of 1 out of 20 nights it being "not successful". And THAT is if used correctly, implying they're even less effective when used incorrectly.

I'm not a lady, but I do know that rating effectiveness doesn't work the way you think. From a health web site:

When it comes to measuring effectiveness, experts use data based on “typical use,” or how real sexual human beings use each method. The effectiveness rate is calculated by counting the number of women out of 100 who experience an unintended pregnancy during the first year of typical use.
 
I would like to ask if there are any ladies that have had experience using female condoms and what their opinions are. I am able to find plenty of statistical info on-line but no personal opinions. Are they a turn-on, turn-off? Inconvenience or do they enhance the experience for a woman? As with most subjects, opinions will most likely vary but an overall consensus might help me decide if I should even broach such a subject with her or consider another avenue.

Are you able to clarify why you're looking at this option rather than a male condom? (typically cheaper, easier to find, easy to apply)
 
FWIW, Planned Parenthood has some more info about internal condoms:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/l...nal-condom/how-effective-are-internal-condoms

If you use them perfectly every single time you have sex, internal condom effectiveness is 95%. But people aren’t perfect, so in real life they’re about 79% effective — that means about 21 out of 100 people who use internal condoms as their main method of birth control will get pregnant each year.

This is slightly less reliable than the normal "male" condom:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/condom/how-effective-are-condoms

If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they’re 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. But people aren’t perfect, so in real life condoms are about 85% effective — that means about 15 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

Those pages give some other information about these and other options.
 
Are you able to clarify why you're looking at this option rather than a male condom? (typically cheaper, easier to find, easy to apply)


The only reason I can think of is if you're not protected, you really really really want to fuck some guy and he refuses to wear a condom or get snipped. But that's not the kind of guy I'd want to fuck anyway.

I might also mention that as dodgy as some of these barrier-type devices are, you can increase their effectiveness by combining them with contraceptive foam. Yeah, also messy, but they've gotten me through times when I wasn't on the pill or an IUD for one reason or another.
 
I have tried two different brands some years ago and to speak the truth I didn't like them. The condom on his penis is far more pleasant for me (and my pussy).
By the way, when one says that this or that protection method is 95% safe, it doesn't mean that it fails every twentieth time you 'll use it. It means that it 's been tested on 100 sexually active couples of different backgrounds and lifestyles every time they had sex within a given period of time (usually 1 or 2 years), and for 95 of them there was no incident of pregnancy or std.
 
I have tried two different brands some years ago and to speak the truth I didn't like them. The condom on his penis is far more pleasant for me (and my pussy).
By the way, when one says that this or that protection method is 95% safe, it doesn't mean that it fails every twentieth time you 'll use it. It means that it 's been tested on 100 sexually active couples of different backgrounds and lifestyles every time they had sex within a given period of time (usually 1 or 2 years), and for 95 of them there was no incident of pregnancy or std.

I think that point was made earlier by myself and others, but there's no harm in making it again.

It occurred to me that there's another reason for using male condoms is that if you used ribbed ones, your partner might appreciate the added sensation. You can't get that with female condoms, as far as I know. But if ribbed female condoms are available, or become available, there might be men willing to try it instead of going bareback, if for nothing else then the sensation. I certainly might.
 
female condoms

Thanks everyone, I should have clarified that the lady and I aren't concerned about protection, the female condoms don't sound very reliable for that. I was just curious if they were more pleasurable for her over all experience or possibly something that would help her be more comfortable making love after a day of horseback riding or vigorous exercise, bicycling, hiking, etc.
I wasn't even aware of the existence of female condoms until recently and haven't even broached the subject with her yet.

As with most things that are on-market, a person can usually gauge a product's success by supply and demand and the female condoms don't seem to be prominently displayed on every shelf like the trojans are. However the female condoms sound like they might be something fun to suggest and experiment with on a rainy weekend during one of our "Home improvement projects" - we'll get that new sink installed one of these days...

Have a safe week everyone and keep writing!
 
I disliked them. They felt like loose and plasticky when inserted, much preferred my partners using male condoms
 
you cant judge product demand based on what you see at your local walmart pharmacy department dude.
female condoms are expensive, typically 10-12$ for a package of 1-3 versus 8$ for a package of 9-12 male condoms. Yeah I know price gouging exists for condoms....


storage conditions can make any condom useless.. And most condoms aren't meant for more then 10 minutes of thrusting
 
I’d rather not use any lol. I’ve never even scene one. If he isn’t willing to wear one than he’s missing out
 
I've never used them and wouldn't. I've seen pics. Surely they would cut back on pleasure! Ew. No.
 
I've never used them and wouldn't. I've seen pics. Surely they would cut back on pleasure! Ew. No.

Our pleasure, yes. But if they were ribbed inside, as Jehoram suggested, the guys might like it.
 
I think that birth controll pills are much better. I hate those female condoms...

Men have to consider that birth controls aren't an option for all of us women, all of the time. So I'm glad that other prophylactics are being discussed.

IUDs are another form of birth control that have wildly varying results. But male condoms, combined with contraceptive foam, are still the best method when the more convenient forms aren't an option, IMHO.

I'm assuming that people understand that "female condoms" and diaphragms are two different things.
 
Okay, first of all.
Female condoms aren't especially more prone to failure in terms of STDs or pregnancy than male condoms. Technically speaking it's "Twice as likely to fail", but it's a 3% difference, which is minimal.

Second, it tends to feel better for the male partner. That's the reason they're preferred.

In my experience, it can sometimes feel more intimate with the partner than a male condom, but that's entirely subjective.

There is a reason they aren't more popular, and it's that they are worse in most ways.

The number one reason to use them is that some men have, um... difficulties with condoms and they don't have these when a woman uses a female condom. For example:
- Deflating after putting one on
- Circulation problems
- Issues with comfort
- Lack of sensation

(Of course a lot of these can be solved by getting better condoms)
 
Back
Top