Songs/pieces of music that bring tears to your eyes/take your breath away, etc.

Unbreak my Heart by Toni Braxton
Solitaire by the Carpenters
Dance with my Father by Luthor Vandross
Time of Your Life by Greenday
Tears in heaven - Eric Clapton
I Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum

:heart::heart::heart:
 
Just a reminder that Andrew Strong (singer) was only 16 when that movie was made. Wonderful voice.

I know. He came out to tour Australia not long after the film was released and I went to see him at a nightclub - I was only 15 :eek:

He's still got the pipes, though - this is a clip of the same song when The Commitments did some anniversary gigs in 2011.
 
In a mellow mood tonight

Come Away With Me - Norah Jones

Used to adore waltzing to this, bathed in dim twinkling light, breathing in 3/4 time, being swept around the floor with the rise and fall of the steps, going backwards most of the time but knowing I was safe in his arms. Bliss...
 
Used to adore waltzing to this, bathed in dim twinkling light, breathing in 3/4 time, being swept around the floor with the rise and fall of the steps, going backwards most of the time but knowing I was safe in his arms. Bliss...

Oh my, that was poetic.

Please tell me it was Mr. Darcy... *sigh*

haha *hug*
 
At the Movies...

One Hand, One Heart (from West Side Story)- Leonard Bernstein, by Musique Sur La Mer Orchestra

Adagio from Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622 - Mozart (used in Out of Africa)

Main Title and Reunion & Finale (from Gettysburg) - Randy Edelman (still trying to persuade the orchestra I'm in to do this... just so I can play the percussion if nothing else....)
 
I've been torturing myself with this one as of late, in a good way, of course. My heart just feels broken, in pieces, ugh!

I cannot ever, ever, get through his guitar solo without crying, both at the beginning and the end. I'm such a die hard Clapton worshiper...I mean fan, Clapton fan....hehe.:)

Eric Clapton - River of Tears
 
Back
Top