The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread.

The only real support thread in the AH.

Beware of fake contests.

Mine is bizarre. 1100+ votes on only 37K reads. For me that's about 3 times the average on a story that isn't even doing that well. I wonder if other's are having similar results. Are votes really up that much?

I have a First Time story with over 40,600 views and 805 votes with a score of 4.75. It was one of only two first time stories and was up on the first page until it timed out. I think around seven days. Nobody submitted stories to knock it down out of view.

The second was in Romance and has 13,500 views 244 votes and a score of 4.39. It was knocked off the front page in three days.

You do seem to have a higher percentage of votes per view. From all my stories, I seem to get just under two percent of people voting.

I have a First Time story with over 40,600 views and 805 votes with a score of 4.75. It was one of only two first time stories and was up on the first page until it timed out. I think around seven days. Nobody submitted stories to knock it down out of view.

The second was in Romance and has 13,500 views 244 votes and a score of 4.39. It was knocked off the front page in three days.

You do seem to have a higher percentage of votes per view. From all my stories, I seem to get just under two percent of people voting.

Don't complain - those numbers of views and votes are still way above what most non-conest stories get ! (Your reward for doing a contest :) )

My very best story (4.67) has 28216 views and 178 votes (< 1% votes pr view) after more than 4 months - though it's in Group not First Time or Romance, so maybe not the best comparison.

Last edited:
Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The rhizopods tell me that there are 55 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.20 from an average of 278 votes. Stories had an average of 16,729 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.69%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 13,923 votes, 920,101 views, 397 favorites and 523 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.20) is 0.49 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 278) is 290. The median score is 4.31, the median number of votes is 156 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.47 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.95 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 1 story has had its votes adjusted, with 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 5 votes swept, being an average of 5 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 5. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (10 stories)
  • Erotic Horror (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Humor & Satire (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (14 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, DeeZire, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, ponyfitness, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RedMonkeyButt, RjThoughts, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella (2), silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire (2), TheScarletSiren, TinyBeth, tk5555, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

I'm not going to make this contest.

The Muses are on holiday and there has been too much activity in off-line life.

Would you believe I've attended two private views of art works in three days? That is unusual in our small town. The evening between those I went to the cinema to see the new film Quartet.

Tomorrow? London to see youngest daughter and youngest grandchild.

I'm excited to be in that crop of new stories that was posted today. I've never posted to Literotica though I've been an avid reader for years. Not sure why I picked to make my first submission a contest entry. Reading over this forum, I'm not sure if I bit more than I can chew, lol.

My story, The Prince of Valentinium, was posted in Romance, but I agonized long and hard *snicker* about posting it in Sci-Fi, but as I said in the intro my story, I think the romantic element is stronger than the sci-fi. Very exciting to be part of the contest and it feels pretty good to finally be a Literotica writer. We'll see how it goes. I write romance novels and sometimes I've written steamy love scenes, but this is my first attempt at full-blown Erotica.

I hope my story isn't too 'out there', but I knew before I sat down to write it that my imagination wouldn't let me do a traditional V-Day story.

I've read some of the other entries and want to wish everyone the best of luck! There's some great stuff that's been entered!

-Scarlet

Welcome and good luck!

not 72 hours but 140 hours

I'm hoping - for the sake of the contest - that it's a sign that a whole bunch of Valentine stories have been submitted:

My non-contest story submitted on 28th of January was finally approved on the 3rd of February (today). 6 days - that's the longest I've had to wait so far.

But I'm happy to do so, if it means that the number of Valentine's Day contest stories will go up from 55. Though there's less than 10 days of voting left - and from Sun's posts (see no 337) it seems that most of the voting got done in the first 5 days. It'll be interesting to see how many views and votes there are in the last week. Re the discussion we've had about when the optimal posting time is.

Sun when it's all over, why don't you do some statistics over score, numbers of views and votes in relation to posting time ? Maybe even for both the contests you've made analysis of, and answer the burning question: can a late entered contest story hope to place high? :)

Last edited:
I'm hoping - for the sake of the contest - that it's a sign that a whole bunch of Valentine stories have been submitted:

My non-contest story submitted on 28th of January was finally approved on the 3rd of February (today). 6 days - that's the longest I've had to wait so far.

But I'm happy to do so, if it means that the number of Valentine's Day contest stories will go up from 55. Though there's less than 10 days of voting left - and from Sun's posts (see no 337) it seems that most of the voting got done in the first 5 days. It'll be interesting to see how many views and votes there are in the last week. Re the discussion we've had about when the optimal posting time is.

Sun when it's all over, why don't you do some statistics over score, numbers of views and votes in relation to posting time ? Maybe even for both the contests you've made analysis of, and answer the burning question: can a late entered contest story hope to place high? :)

Of course they can, hell they can even win, just go back to Nude day contest. In fact, last minute entries in categories that tend to be low voted (number of votes, not score) can actually be said to have an advantage:D

Back to the top with the contest

In that case, I suppose there's no excuse for not entering more stories in the last few days. :)

Any one else getting hit by sweeps today, by the way ? I seem to have lost a couple of 5 star votes and maybe one 1-bomb. Nothing serious, but surely this time it's not 'end-of-the-month' regular sweep.

In that case, I suppose there's no excuse for not entering more stories in the last few days. :)

Any one else getting hit by sweeps today, by the way ? I seem to have lost a couple of 5 star votes and maybe one 1-bomb. Nothing serious, but surely this time it's not 'end-of-the-month' regular sweep.

I don't keep such an eagle eye on the number of votes, but my score has been steadily dropping the past few days. Not much but every little .01 lost hurts.

I have seen one of my other stories lose a couple votes in two different sweeps in the last week, but I haven't noticed anything in my contest story. I didn't think the big sweeps hit until after voting for the contest had closed.

Yes, one of my contest stories is down at least one vote from yesterday.

Good evening. The technocrats tell me that there are 55 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.20 from an average of 281 votes. Stories had an average of 18,939 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.66%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 15,476 votes, 1,041,645 views, 421 favorites and 544 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.20) is 0.48 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 281) is 287. The median score is 4.35, the median number of votes is 168 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.48 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.94 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 1 story has had its votes adjusted, with 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 5 votes swept, being an average of 5 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 5. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (14 stories)

New stories today: None

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, DeeZire, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, ponyfitness, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RedMonkeyButt, RjThoughts, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella (2), silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire (2), TheScarletSiren, TinyBeth, tk5555, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

[size=+2]
the MANU - LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

Nominations are now closed.

Online Ballots will be sent out tonight to all members.

Please VOTE!

Got caught up in something and didn't have any time ( or really, energy ) to write, so mine's going to sit for another year :p

95% done then got stomach flue. Tmrw hopefully, I just wanna sleep though.

A bump for the only Real contest support thread in the AH :)

Good evening. The mice tell me that there are 56 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.20 from an average of 294 votes. Stories had an average of 19,687 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 10 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.64%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 16,174 votes, 1,102,524 views, 458 favorites and 565 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.20) is 0.48 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 294) is 298. The median score is 4.36, the median number of votes is 176 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.52 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.94 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 6 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 2 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 13 votes swept, being an average of 2 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 5. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (8 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (14 stories)

New stories today

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, DeeZire, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll (2), hoo_hoo_boo, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, ponyfitness, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RedMonkeyButt, RjThoughts, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella (2), silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire (2), TheScarletSiren, TinyBeth, tk5555, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

56? That's a little anemic for a close-to-the-end-of-the-contest figure, isn't it?

Back