Wtf Is It With The Interest In Incest?

John Blackhawk

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Posts
795
I just have to ask why everyone has so much interest in the subject of "incest?" I mean am i the only one who sees the numerous incest related threads lately?
 
It's taboo. Transgressive. Still illegal in a lot of places, and still generally seen as being unacceptable by the population at large, and yet is harmless so long as it doesn't result in procreation. That likely ticks a lot of boxes for people who are looking for something new and exciting.
 
John, isn't Story Discussion Board an odd place to complain about Incest tales?
 
It's the ultimate sexual taboo. Under the right scenario, it's a really hot fantasy.
 
Ah, well, this board is for a discussion group on a specific story. :) Typically, the OP would offer a link to a certain story and people would discuss it; like a book club.
 
When I first started writing stories incest was not that popular a topic. I now see virtual everyone writing that type of thing. Certain topics get very few reads or the reader scorns certain subjects. Why bother putting the time in to be ignored by the Literotica readers.
 
Yes, it is the ultimate taboo. Well, kinda. Not really. There's only a few things that go beyond it in terms of taboo level, and those things aren't allowed on here.

But I did actually read up on this, quite by accident. I can't recall where, so this is only going to be so-so. A decent to large portion of Human Sexuality comes from our childhood, our formative years. If we think that our sister or mother are beautiful, or that our brother or father are handsome, then that will shape what we think is the pinnacle of beauty and sexiness.

Actually, I think the article was largely about what we think of as beautiful, but you know that saying, "Men tend to marry their mothers"....

But Incest does seriously squick me out like no tomorrow.
 
"Everybody" here isn't so interested in incest. Those with interest in it tend to congregate here because there aren't too many story sites that accept it.
 
It's the taboo. Sex + taboo is more erotic than without taboo, and incest is a universally recognized taboo. It's a fun genre in which to write and it's fun to read, even if you don't have any real interest in it. I've had tremendous fun, and success, writing stories in this category, even though I think it's completely ridiculous and I have no real-life interest in the subject.
 
I can't remember who, but someone recently wrote: Whenever you hear or read that 'everyone says', it's a good idea to ask who is included in 'everyone'.

I've tried writing 'incest' stories. They don't set me on fire.
 
I've written some. Like Loving Wives I can only seriously get into by writing something that somehow justifies it--as in those involved not knowing they are related. When I just let loose for something rollicking, though, I can write something where everyone in the family is doing everyone else.
 
I can't remember who, but someone recently wrote: Whenever you hear or read that 'everyone says', it's a good idea to ask who is included in 'everyone'.

I've tried writing 'incest' stories. They don't set me on fire.

Your thesis applies to all human activity. I estimate my aptitude for gay male sex at the first percentile. Lawrence Block, whoresearched sex forever, fails at it, too, and he's better than me. I doubt if anyone on this board gets my esteem and fondness for Edward Elgar.
 
I too get baffled by all the incest sometimes. Around half of the posts on the story ideas forum are incestuous to start with. My guess is that the people who like incest REALLY like incest and therefore are more vocal about it. Each to their own... Literotica is pretty strict on placing those stories in the I/T category, so it's easy to stay away from in terms of reading.
 
I really like noir and hard crime but haven't killed anyone since Vietnam. I like studying nuclear weapons but don't wanna build one. Car wrecks draw crowds but few want one.
 
It's taboo. Transgressive. Still illegal in a lot of places, and still generally seen as being unacceptable by the population at large, and yet is harmless so long as it doesn't result in procreation. That likely ticks a lot of boxes for people who are looking for something new and exciting.

I believe it is the taboo aspect but it would be even more taboo if it were more realistic. Of course, we couldn't post it here then, and that is an observation, not a complaint.

It is the most common subject on the site, largely because of the squick factor. Another popular subject is anal, also because of the relatively taboo nature and the squickiness. :eek:
 
I write incest tales as (to me) jigsaw-puzzle pieces to be assembled into something believable. I don't go out of my way to find incest tales to read. I don't know what attracts readers to incest -- any more than I understand most fetishes. But I can feed those desires, so why not?
 
The forum 'Looking for a story' has a high incidence of posters wanting a particular incest story.

Incest stories are popular on Literotica. Why? As sr71plt said above, it could be because few other sites will accept incest stories so Lit is a good place to find them.

I think it is the fantasy aspect of breaking a taboo. What is possible in your imagination or when reading someone else's story might repel you in real life.
 
..... Bugs laying eggs in people, that's a recent one, but I can see it picking up steam (haha)...... .

Buzzzzzzz......lol. I was just surprised at the amount of graphic artwork out there on the subject. Amazing what you find when you start looking. And as for the eggs.....those egg inserting toys just blew me away....
 
Back
Top