The NRA is sinking.

Now lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe there are some black NRA members.

Pffft! The NRA didn't even lift a pinky toe in concern of legally gun-carrying Philando Castille's murder by police. Should tell you everything about the existence of any black members in that outfit.

Better off asking The 700 Club.

I think that it's possible that Parkland was the last straw. Social media was in it's infancy during Columbine and Sandy Hook. It should be easy to organize an anti-NRA lobby to buy legislators who will enact sensible gun laws.

lol...
The issue will last only as long as the next thing Trump does that pisses off the Left.
Furthermore, the NRA and Trump are both endorsing common-sense measures to address the problem, but like DACA, the wall and guns, the Democrats do not want solutions, they want the issue because they are obsessed with the idea of regaining power and their voters are ill-informed and even less educated. Hell, this claim is as ludicrous as Hank Johnson's contention that additional Marines were going to "sink" Guam by flipping it over. Imagine the voters that put him into office. Or Maxine Waters who demanded from NASA scientists in Houston that they use the Mars Rover to get a picture of the flag (because Maxine is one of those Alex Jones types who believe the Moon landing was a fake) to prove that it really happened.

The bandwagon now includes these passengers:

Hertz car rental
Wyndham Hotels
Allied Van Lines
North American Van Lines

eta: Wyndham Hotels includes these brands: Travelodge, Days Inn, Howard Johnson and Ramada. They discontinued their relationship with the NRA late last year.

Last edited:
lol...
The issue will last only as long as the next thing Trump does that pisses off the Left.
Furthermore, the NRA and Trump are both endorsing common-sense measures to address the problem, but like DACA, the wall and guns, the Democrats do not want solutions, they want the issue because they are obsessed with the idea of regaining power and their voters are ill-informed and even less educated. Hell, this claim is as ludicrous as Hank Johnson's contention that additional Marines were going to "sink" Guam by flipping it over. Imagine the voters that put him into office. Or Maxine Waters who demanded from NASA scientists in Houston that they use the Mars Rover to get a picture of the flag (because Maxine is one of those Alex Jones types who believe the Moon landing was a fake) to prove that it really happened.

They want to be able to campaign that "The GOP doesnt CARE about the children!!"

If there were a dozen Republicans ready to reenact the clintons black scary gun ban you could not find enough Democrats to pass it because the last time they did that they gave them Newt Gingrich led congress which benefited them only in the sense that it gave Bill Clinton something to take credit for.

The Justice Department's own estimation is that the Clinton gun ban had zero effect on so-called gun violence with black, scary guns.

All of this is right out of the Democrat Playbook. Announce that they hold the high vround on an issue when they haven't even visited much less held the high ground.

Their lack of amy sort of reasonable goals on the DACA legislation is apt. They don't want it to pass because they want an issue to drive Hispanics to the polls. it's the same thing with blacks and gays they don't really want to improve anything they simply want to retain issues to beat Republicans over the head with.

Last edited:
The bandwagon now includes these passengers:

Hertz car rental
Wyndham Hotels
Allied Van Lines
North American Van Lines

eta: Wyndham Hotels includes these brands: Travelodge, Days Inn, Howard Johnson and Ramada. They discontinued their relationship with the NRA late last year.

Discontinued late last year is relevant to your assertion of "sinking" prrsent tense, how?

When the NRA and Wyndham Hotels failed to reach a mutually beneficial agreement between the two of them did Wyndham Hotels run out and enter into a partnership with Bloombergs "Mayors Against Guns?"

I was going to say something snarky about Bloomberg only being interested in getting rid of legal guns but that's really not fair ...he was proative. After all he did stop and frisk blacks to take away their illegal guns, didn't he?

Pffft! The NRA didn't even lift a pinky toe in concern of legally gun-carrying Philando Castille's murder by police. Should tell you everything about the existence of any black members in that outfit.

Better off asking The 700 Club.

I can't argue with that. That should give reasonable people pause.

I can't argue with that. That should give reasonable people pause.

Really? You "can't argue with" Castille being murdered by police, when federal, state and local investigations found police didn't murder Castille and Castille's civil rights weren't violated in any way, and a jury of both Castille's and the accused's peers found the accused not guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever?

Castille was detained as a robbery suspect; he told the officer he had a gun; the officer, with weapon drawn, told Castille not to make any move; Castille made a move...

Is the NRA supposed to stick-up for a Darwinism Award winner simply for the only reason #PityTheDisabled slammed them, because he was black?

Yeah, nothing totally racist piece of shit about that.

lol...

It was very entertaining to see you take what I posted and go off on a bad acid trip around the galaxy. You forgot the part where Obama and Hilary kidnapped the Lindbergh baby so that Hilary could sacrifice it to sprinkle on her pizza.

Really? You "can't argue with" Castille being murdered by police, when federal, state and local investigations found police didn't murder Castille and Castille's civil rights weren't violated in any way, and a jury of both Castille's and the accused's peers found the accused not guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever?

Castille was detained as a robbery suspect; he told the officer he had a gun; the officer, with weapon drawn, told Castille not to make any move; Castille made a move...

Is the NRA supposed to stick-up for a Darwinism Award winner simply for the only reason #PityTheDisabled slammed them, because he was black?

Yeah, nothing totally racist piece of shit about that.

"Murder" is hyperbolic but arguing that portion is pointless.

I've flat-out back-talked cops who have asked me if I have any weapons in the vehicle. I've never been drawn on, much less shot. That fact deserves acknowledgement.

It is difficult to convict a cop for negligent manslaughter, because we as a society have decided to vest within them the absolute authority to make us play freeze tag on command. I understand and accept that as being absolutely necessary for them to be able to do their jobs.

If that cop had over-reacted that badly as a civilian, he would have been found guilty of negligent homicide.

I don't expect the NRA to be up in arms (heh) about the reality that cops enjoy a lot of latitude and absent willful malice pretty much immunity, but the NRA trains cops. This cop was ill-trained. And they said nothing. He could have withdrawn. If ever a misread based on stereotype exists, this one seems likely. A man reaching for a gun with a child in the car? Could have not stopped. Could have not mentioned firearm, could have hit the gas pedal, could have come up shooting as the cop approached. He did none of those things. Seems low probability he would just suddenly decide to draw on a cop. The cop should have seen that as low probability. Actual scumbags are such scumbags. Vaunted permit holders are presumed not so.

I'm not a fan of permits and fortunately my state sensibly does not require them however the NRA has been big about pushing them. If they're going to push them then they need to push them every time it's an issue. And they didn't. That's the part that's telling.

Yesterday I read Enterprise car rental had broken ties w the NRA. This morning I am reading that both Delta and United have joined as well.

As time goes on...they will still have Hobby Lobby...but every other company w a CEO looking at what is happening will leave. Kids....have more power than adults. And only stupid adults can't accept this.

Yesterday I read Enterprise car rental had broken ties w the NRA. This morning I am reading that both Delta and United have joined as well.

As time goes on...they will still have Hobby Lobby...but every other company w a CEO looking at what is happening will leave. Kids....have more power than adults. And only stupid adults can't accept this.

Look at that....6 car rental companies...an Omaha bank...a cyber-security firm (Norton)...Allied moving...Metlife...Lifelock...Wyndom Hotels...

the list is growing so fast I can't keep up

Sounds like somebody is a member of the Burger King Kid's Club. . . You have it your way, big boy!

I can't keep up

True.

Most companies are not "abandoning" the NRA because of anything other than Progressive activist inundating them with hate in social media in order to shame them into a desired behavior. It's easier just to give in to the useful idiots and move on. All you're going to achieve is increased membership and increased arms sales. No one is "sinking" the NRA.

These things you celebrate are nothing more than corporate virtue signaling in order to be left alone.

These things you celebrate are nothing more than corporate virtue signaling in order to be left alone.

Sucks being old huh? Haven't changed much...still living in your fantasy after everyone in you life has left you. That's OK...it gets better...:D

I assume such partnering is compensated in the same way AAA or the AARP offers discounts and special offers. Minor to no revenue, but sold as a benefit of joining the NRA.

Witg salesmen liks Frodo and dribble and Barack Hussein Obama before them, but fortunately no longer Hillary Rodham Clinton...who needs affinity programs to sell one on not being on "Team Fro."

When the answer is nothing but personal insult, then you confirm that you have no answer at all.

Most companies are not "abandoning" the NRA because of anything other than Progressive activist inundating them with hate in social media in order to shame them into a desired behavior. It's easier just to give in to the useful idiots and move on. All you're going to achieve is increased membership and increased arms sales. No one is "sinking" the NRA.

They do have a lot of support that will never leave them...There's Ruger, Smith and Weston, Henry, Mossberg, Daniel Defense...

All cater to the same small populous with very similar beliefs.

When the answer is nothing but personal insult, then you confirm that you have no answer at all.

Just like laughing when a woman was sexually assaulted and you posting here that she "deserved it". Remember that Vette?

They do have a lot of support that will never leave them...There's Ruger, Smith and Weston, Henry, Mossberg, Daniel Defense...

All cater to the same small populous with very similar beliefs.

...and this would be a problem for whom?

Back