SKYRIM... In Character Play... OPEN GROUP..

Careth summoned his sword in preparation for more combat when the others entered the cave expectantly. When he recognised them as two of the other prisoners he let his magical sword fade into nothingness.

"Such an interesting morning we've all had I think, my name is Careth, Altmer from the summerset Ilse." he stated introducing himself again.

"Although, I'm sure we are all tired from our daring escape. I think its time we moved on. In all respects, we could now be considered wanted criminals, the question is, do we stick together or go our separate ways?" he proposed." I for one wish to travel to the college of Winterhold, I've heard rumors of powerful mages learning at that school and I wish to further my magical knowledge." he explained. Careth looked around at his companions for their response.
 
Alysa’s brow arched over her right eye as she studied the large woman. Her introduction was a bit surprising, but luckily, Alysa’s didn’t require any of what the warrior offered. “That’s good to know.” she lips made a small smirk, “So do I call you Axe? Ass? or whore?” she took a slight step back waiting to see if the big woman’s anger would take over and become hostile.

Footsteps from the rear captured Alysa’s attention; quickly she turned to face the approaching figure. Her hand falling to the cold pommel of her longsword just incase it was an unfriendly encounter. Her breath released somewhat when the big man from the square came into view. She smiled at him and shrugged her shoulders again when she realized that he was still bound. “Sorry, I couldn’t remove your chains.” she spoke softly to the man. Her gaze admiring what she was looking at, “By the way my name is Alysa.” She stepped back allowing the man to enter into the cavern a little more.

She turned to the elf as he spoke about them needing to move on. “Well I don’t think we have to worry about the town militia, I believe they became Dragon food. I do think we need to stick together for I have come down from the College and it’s no easy travel. However, before you decided, I bear a quest from the Archmage of Winterhold to deliver this book to an aging man. He would know the title upon mentioning the name of the wizard so I could identify him, but he was taken as a spy in Riften and brought here. Would any of you wish to help me find this man first before going back north, in which I will have to do to get my payment?” She looked to the elf since he seemed to be calling the shots here.
 
She begins to laugh as she looks at the woman and smiles." All are appropriate" she says as she stands and offers her hand to the new woman and smiles " But my name is Iona, and my moniker is my own to earn"

She than looks at the others and smiles as she looks at them and shakes her head, "I'm for anything..save getting close to the Sorcerers!" she says shaking her head.
 
Careth listened intently as the redhaired woman explained her quest. Though he loathed to involve himself in such a mundane task, however, if the book was previously in the possession of the Archmage, it might something worth studying.

"As I am already destined for the College I shall accompany you on your task. As you've probably already heard my name is Careth of the Summerset Isles." he introduced himself.
 
Last edited:
The small catgirl beamed at the mention of becoming Iona's sword sister, and nodded before stepping back behind the rest of the people taking refuge in the cave. The two new comers took a moment for her to judge, but after introductions were made she stepped out from behind Iona's shadow and approached the man, Galron.

Taking her lockpick, she removed his chains after a few seconds of working the lock and gave him a quick smile before moving back behind the others.

There was talk of heading to Winterhold, to the college there, but Nin just wanted to continue heading south. However, Iona had indicated that she was now her sword sister and family was something that Nin had almost forgotten. Her trek to return to her homelands to the south was one of many turns, perhaps this would be a positive detour.

"Iona, I will follow where you go, but one day I would like to return home, to Elsweyr. But I need coin to get there, and if there is some on this journey, I'll happily lend a hand."
 
Iona smiles at the cat girl. She watched her work. She found her self drawn to this young feline and wanted to see her home now. She saw her picks work and smiled. She saw potential in the girl and loved watching her in battle. She looked to the others and than placed a simple knuckle to her chin as she thought. She would see to these others in due time. Gareth was useful as he proved he had some skill in the damned magic arts but she trusted steel more than spell. The new comers were skilled and intriguing she nodded and looked to Nim.

" Sword sister I will see you home, as mine is gone. I will not abandon you, as I give you an oath right now that Iona, your Sword Sister swares on my life that I will see you to your home, or die trying" she says as she looks to the catgirl and than to the others " I will go with you, I dislike magic and its wielders...I though will travel with you if it will get us all better acquainted and get us some equipment and needed provisions"
 
Galron stood predominantly at the opening, his shackled wrists lowered against his waistline. Steel orbs scanned over each member here as they spoke. He nodded to the Khajiit as she moved up and released his chains. “Thank you.” he replied rubbing his wrists once the shackles fell to the ground. He smiled at the young red head that made an attempt to free him but couldn’t. “Galron,” He introduced himself after his freedom was giving to him.

He shifted his attention to the elven man as he gave his name and what his plans of travel were. Galron had no destination now, just wanted to get out of this area before the full reign of the imperial army gets here. He heard the large woman give her name but his impression of her wasn’t friendly so he kept his silence. “I would like to travel with the rest of you. I have no destination but out of this area.” He replied his inner thoughts. “Time is little, once the Imperials here of a dragon, they will be coming and soon.” He added.

“I believe we should go back into town and gather some equipment.” He didn’t like being unarmed and unarmored.
 
The slender Khajit girl sat in the tree her tail swishing back and forth. Her highly trained ears listened in intently to the conversation being carried on in the cave. Hmm. Well they might not have any coin but equipment is worth something... Plus if I can find a fence Im sure they can all be turned in for a nice bounty. Now the question become...how to lure them out. Lleyira sighed tapping her paws on the branch.

Suddenly she grinned. Reaching behind her she pulled open the lid off her quiver. Reaching in the quiver she drew out a few arrows sticking them into the branch. She removed another arrow with the tip wrapped in cloth and held it in her mouth. She resealed her quiver and drew her slender bow. She flipped herself upside down her legs holding tight to the branch. Pulling an arrow she notched it to the bow and pulled the bowstring taut. Aiming for the cave entrance she loosed the arrow sending it whistling into the dark.With lightning speed she repeated the proccess with the other for arrows. Finally she took the cloth tipped arrow from her mouth. Flipping upright she gripped her bow in her tail and pulled out a small vial. Dippimg her arrow in it she drew out the wet cloth. Pulling two pieces of flint from the pack on her thigh she scraped them together sparking the cloth that burst into flame. Flipping upside down she strung the flaming arrow and fired it into the cave.

She flipped up and stood on the branch pulling another arrow. With her bow notched and ready she waited. Her eyes were trained on the cave entrance as a thin plume of smoke plumed out and a soft golden glow came from the darkness.
 
The arrows caught Nin's attention the moment the first one shot passed her by mere inches. She was stunned, having so many people between herself and the opening to the cave. First off she thought that the guards from Helgen might have caught up, but they had enough to handle, surely. Then, as she moved away from the back of the cave, several more arrows were fired in. Leaping about, she avoided them all, but landed just as the one bringing fire to their hide away punctured the ground at her feet.

Hissing, she rolled away as it ignited the leaf litter and dry sticks that covered the floor. The smoke didn't worry her, as she crouched low.

"We can't stay here, Iona, if you can cover me," she said softly, wondering just how close whoever the person outside was. She whispered just in case.

Removing the bow from her back, she notched an arrow, preparing to quick fire on whoever fired on the group as they departed. If they were within distance, she could at least come close enough to warrant the enemy moving.
 
Careth sighed openly realising that the time for talk had ended. He'd hoped to get more information about the text he had agreed to help transport but it would be for another time.

The barrage of arrows said very little about the amount of opponents waiting outside for them. Careth readied his magical weapon again and resummoned magical protection around those accompanying him ready to charge out into the fray with them.

"Well looks like we've over stayed our welcome, shall we?" he directed to the others.
 
Alysa watched the arrows sink into the ground around them. Her eyes darted to the others about her moments before she reached back and grasped the black, polished oak shaft of her bow. Slinging it off her shoulder she took one last look at every one. It appeared that everyone except the Galron had a weapon. She hesitantly pulled the sword from her scabbard and handed it to him pommel forward. “I expect this back.” She said heavily toward him. Her eyes narrowed slightly showing her bitchy side as if daring him to keep it.

She turned her attention to Careth as he spoke about doing the obvious action and that was to go outside and see who was knocking at the door. She waited for Galron, and the melee personal go first before bringing up the rear with her bow pulled and readied. “If we are all ready lets get this over with,” The long tiring journey stretched her patients.
 
" I'll gladly cover you" she says a feral smile on her face as she whips her shield forward and Creeps forward her axe ready dipping low.

She looks at the others as she walks towards the entrance and smiles as she keeps the shield up her wooden shield ready to take an arrow or two. Oh she knew the game as well as any other but she would lure this archer down. No one tried to kill a shield sister with out consequences.
 
Galron accepted the sword from the Alysa with a nod, He may not look honorable with days of filthy, growth, stench of a dungeon upon him, but it didn’t speak of his ethics. He shifted the weight of the sword several times before smiling, “Don’t worry Milady, with its poor craftsmanship, I wouldn’t give this to a cook waiting to cut butter.” He was sincere of its quality, but at the moment it was needed, but would most definitely make it back into her hands.

He looked over to the elf. “Are you ready?” he moved forward of the group taking the lead with the big woman, his head nodding to her with seriousness in his eyes on what he had to say. “Stay in front of the archers and the wizard. Be their shields. Do not break formation.” he nodded to her once more before moving out of the cave.
 
The female would smile as the group moved slowly out of the smoky cave. There were more pf them than she had expected. Still with a bit of luck and preperation she would be able to trap them at the least. Her hands glowed with arcane magic as she lept nimbly to another tree settling onto the limb. Aiming a hand to either side of the group she summoned a flame atronarche. "Hello there travellers." she said softly.
 
As Careth followed the group back out of the entrance to the cave he couldn't help but feel like a lamb to the slaughter. They had no idea what awaited them outside and with freedom so fresh in his mind he was reluctant to give it away.

A Flame Atronach crackled into existence before them and he heard the distinct tone of a feminine voice greeting them. Looking up he saw a small Khajit girl sitting on the branch of a nearby tree. Two Khajit girls in one day, he was either extremely lucky or looking their current predicatment, unlucky.

It seemed a strange sight seeing so many of them against one of her but there was no way to tell the strength of her abilities. Nevertheless Conjuration was one of his specialties and so as an opposing challenge Careth used his remaining power to summon a Frost Atronach.

Before their elementals could lock themselves in combat he called out to their would be assailant.

"Well met. I hope you are as confident with your magic as you are with your tongue." he jested.
 
Lleyira smiled as the male returned her greeting and her display of force. She flexed her hand her sharp claws flashing as she called her magic to her hands. "You will find my spells are quite effective." Aiming carefully she blasted a series of runes in a perimeter around the group. She wanted to ensure that not only would it be hard for them to run, moving as well would endanger them triggering a powerful blast of destructive magic.

She sat on the branch swinging her foot lazily as she watched the atronarchs engage. Flame atronarch was slender graceful creatures and her floated back lazily to distance herself from the large frost atronarche. With a graceful ballet like spin the atronarche launched fireballs at her opponent. Diving back she put more space between them.
 
Iona was pissed she hated magic users and growled as she slung the axe on her back and her shield. She strung her bow and tested it...It wasn't like her regular bow she had before she was captured but it would do.

She stepped out and notched an arrow. She held the simple green fletched arrow and waked out and her eyes locked on the tree and fired sinking an arrow just below the limb the other cat girl sat in, she pulled another aroow and continued forward as she called out.

"Thats a warning shot Cat, Speak now or I'll put this arrow between your eyes"She growled out as she held her aim true at the girl in the tree and stood her form perfect. Oh if the cat girl made a move she would let the arrow loose and watch the cat fall from the tree if need be. She would not loose another sister...ever again
 
Whilst Iona approached the cat woman, and loosed a few arrows, Nin made sure to instead concentrate on aiming to where the other Khajit would jump too. In fact, she knew that her aim was at least good enough to counter the nimble grace of the feline and wound it. Perhaps not kill it though.

After all, if anyone there knew the Khajit anatomy and abilities, she did. However, until someone from their group was harmed, she held the arrow still. Hoping that a less bloody conclusion could be reached.

Examining the runes on the ground, she looked up at Lleyira and narrowed her eyes. Nin was nimble as well, and small, and as she quickly glanced at the pattern keeping them where they were, she picked up enough room to pass through...if she didn't miss her step.

But she stood her ground.
 
The large female cat would glance down at the arrow dug deeply into the bark of the branch. Crouching she grabbed the arrow shaft, snapping it in half. Whe she looked up again she was smiling. "How very rude... I don't believe this current battle involved you girl." Lleyira said sitting down on the branch. Her legs swished back and forth with casual ease. "It would be in everyone's interest if you didn't do that again...but if you truly think you can take me out... You are more than welcome to try."

Her bow rested casually on her lap and she hadn't bothered to draw an arrow. Still she was farm from relaxed. A long history in the service of the family had taught her that much. To let down your guard tended to spell death. Besides it had been a very long time since she had attempted so radical a move. One way or another there was a chance that someone wouldn't be walking very easily away from this.
 
Last edited:
" so what quarrel do you have with us?"Iona asked as she held her aim and glanced quickly at the others as she held her aim and looked to the Khajit girl in the tree and than smiled as she lowed her aim and shot at the runes as she looked at the cat girl.

" Come down and lets talk, if not at least duel with Careth only and let us watch and wait other wise you will be on the ground with an arrow or two in you, And I want to avoid that, I have given an oath to see a friend home and you will not stand in the way of that got it" She says as she stands and looks at this one single cat girl with from determination as she slips the bow back into its quiver, looking to see if she can get past this circle and get to the tree
 
Alysa watched as the group mustered outside and followed the group. She frowned a little on how fast the group pulled up arms against this one. She lowered her weapon once the hostilities picked up and got to using magic of powerful incantations that usually draw the attention of dragons that could sense the rippling effect of magic.

“Guys,” She yelled trying to get all of their attention. “If you all are done flexing you brawn and lower brain functions. Using magic it a dragon just over the trees there will draw its attention. I suggest you stop using magic and get back inside the cave for the dragon will come now and that will be the only safe place to be while it circles about.”

With that said she moves back into the cave were it is far safer to be in until the dragon leaves the area.
 
Their new assailant acted as he predicted, using the Flame Atronach's range to its advantage. Its bolts of fire fizzled on the hardened ice of his own Frost Atronach. Careth briefly analyzed the runes surrounding them, he recognised them as destruction based magic that would mostly likely detonate on contact. He would need time to disarm them and therefore would have to take down her little Flame Atronach first.

He commanded his elemental to charge and engage in melle combat. The Frost Atronach flailed its fists against the ethereal form of the fire elemental. Whilst they engaged in combat his new allies joined the fray with arrows and words. Careth scoffed at the others attempts to talk the girl down. If she intended to speak then she wouldn't have begun the conversation with arrows and magic.

"If its a fight she wants, I believe I can offer enough entertainment. I warn you though Alter of the Summerset Isles are not to be trifled with you may well have met your match this day."

Careth focused more of his power in his ice elemental to finish of the weakening Flame Atronach and summoned a protective shield around himself to deflect any of her attempts to attack him.
 
Lleyira growled angrily as her atronarch took damage. It swirled once in the air before collapsing to the ground. A light tremor made her fur bristle as the atronarch exploded. She blinked as she flicked her wrists, summoning two more flame atronarches. They swirled lazily through the air blasting gouts of fire. Her focus was intent, her red gold eyes shimmering. She fed a lot of energy into the atronarches.

Her slender fingers clutched the hilt of the dagger on her thigh. So far her barrier had proved impenatrable, a ring of pure destructive magic. All the runes were set close enough together to trigger if one went off. Still her more prominent arcane skills lay in enchantment, alchemy, and conjuration. They were skills she could and would readily utilize.
 
Whilst the other cat woman's concentration was demanded when she cast the second two atronaches, Nin made her move to escape the confines of the rune circle. Small, nimble and capable of finding even the most difficult of ways through traps and other situations (as long as there was one), she was an escape artist and survivor.

Lowering her bow, she slid the arrow between her teeth and held it there. Leaping forwards, she landed between one of the runes. On one hand, her feet and tail remaining straight up, she somersaulted forwards and then tilted off to cartwheel out the other side. It was no easy feet to do so, but she made it by the skin of her nose. In fact, had her tail dropped slightly, or the arrow in her mouth extended too far during the somersault she would be activated the entire circle.

Now free, she scurried off into the underbrush whilst sliding the arrow back into place on the string of her bow. She didn't fire, and made sure to keep her footsteps silent.

She hoped that no matter how skilled this other cat woman was, she couldn't concentrate on Iona's arrows, Careth's frost atronach and Nin sneaking around towards her flank.
 
Lleyira frowned as the tiny Khajit slipped from her circle. She quickly snapped her attention back to the battling atronarches. She couldn't very well deal with the girls escape at the moment, there were other far more pressing matters. Still her self awareness heightened at the presence of a new threat. Her finger tapped her thigh as her slender hand flexed an inflected around her bow.

"Be careful little kitten. One false move and you could end up serving Sithis in the void." She said with a light smile, flipping over to peer at the bush the girl had taken shelter in. She smiled as a lock of black and blue hair brushed her cheek as she hung upside down.
 
Back
Top