Broaden My Horizons Please... Musically

Music.......
First a little Country......Josh Turner, the mans baritone voice is fabulous....and I love the video too.

Josh Turner - Why Don't We Just Dance

I've been a Santana fan for a very long time.....starting way back here.

Santana - Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock

No musical compilation would be complete without some CCR.

CCR - I Heard It Through The Grapevine

One of my favorites

Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

And the mellow voice of Nora

Norah Jones - Don't Know Why

Iz lives!

Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole

The Deep River Blues by Doc Watson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAbrnjdtYw

I love this one especially the verse: I carry it with me and I sing it loud, If it gets me nowhere I'll go there proud,"

Jim Croce - I Got a Name




Comshaw
 
I'm probably too extreme now but if you have Spotify or something similar you could try these. If you're not Swedish and at least my age (50+) I can almost guarantee that you have never heard them before.

- Kebnekajse : Barkbrödslåten
Horgalåten

Both are instrumental, electric folkrock, quite happy and 'sparkling' when they get started.

- Folk och rackare : Flickan går på golvet

Swedish lyrics, traditional folk tune but modernized. upbeat and melodic.

- Pugh Rogefeldt : Hog farm
För mig finns bara good ol' rock'n'roll
Dinga linga Lena

Swedish lyrics, straight rock from late 60's.

- Nationalteatern : Livet är en fest

Swedish lyrics. Straight rock.The band was political, leftish, but this tune remained a party song for many many years.

Just a few suggestions...

I hope the Swedish letters doesn't cause any problems.

I suggest you turn them into youtube links. Also, PM Equinoxe, and say I sent you, I think she'd like to discuss your music
 
I purchased my S10 in '94 and drove it until 2013...

The new F150 is an automatic, but for the first year, when coming to a stop, I found myself reaching for the clutch and panicking a little bit when I could not find it.

I loved my Saturn. I could have done the damn commercial. From 1994 to 2013. I really hated to get rid of it. I still miss it in many ways. And it was a better made car than my Ford Focus.


For different classical music try these:

Donizetti: Arias from L'Elisir D'Amore and Don Pasquale; Piano Music.

Offenbach: But not Tales of Hoffmann.

Gilbert and Sullivan

Ofenbach - Be Mine is fun. Very cool. Thank you. :)


I already have She's a Rainbow. The Stones are good.

I can use more upbeat, optimistic music in my life, too.

Can't we all. :rose:

Fine, be my Mistress for christmas.

You're american, so that doesnt help

Brainless poppy stuff is by tendancy upbeat, and people will beat me, but Taylor Swift is good.

Oh, Blur's last album - The Magic Whip.

Sally Saltmann's Heart Thats Pounding is not on streaming from what I have been told.

I could mostly give you happy songs, but like one per album of whoever. Anything thats good tends to not be defined as happy, cause it means something.

Honestly, if you really want happy, I'd listen to the most poppy stupid station in your area... hate 95% of what they play, and you'll find something.

Even all the pretty young girls I listen to, sing about life, and overemotional or not, the sad songs are the better ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

And if that doesnt make you happy, you must be dead.

Well I must apologize that I will not apologize for being American. ;) Why for Christmas? :p

I actually kinda like Taylor Swift and have her last CD.

I'd forgotten about Blur. I'm going to look more into Sally. I like her voice.

That was just weird. :D

get on youtube, find something you like, follow the suggestions down a rabbithole until you find something new (to you) and interesting. discovery is half the fun.

that's how found frankie cosmos, alvvays, magazine and others.

and no, i don't expect you to like any of that. you can if you want, but taste is a personal thing. find your own shit.

I like Alvvays. We'll add that to the list. Grazie! :)


A little too techno trance, but thank you.

I have four CDs in my truck for the drive to work. Currently they are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mott the Hoople, Dinah Washington and Darius Rucker...

I need far more variety than that. Eeeeesh.

The Hoosiers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fratellis, The Libertines, the Kooks. That vein may suit you.

Now we're talking. Hoosiers - yes. Fratellis - yes. Kooks - yes. Not sure about the Libertines - still looking into their stuff. Kaiser Chiefs not so much. But you get serious points for the other three for sure. :cool::cool:

----

Still looking through posts and music... I'll get to them.

----

Oh and I don't know who I have to thank for this one but I think I'm going to grab it as well.


Thao with The Get Down Stay Down - When We Swam

:cool:
 
you're thinking of stray cat blues. i'd post a link, but laurel would get mad.
 
Try the Jezebels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvCr1UAcPc4

Well I must apologize that I will not apologize for being American. ;) Why for Christmas? :p

I actually kinda like Taylor Swift and have her last CD.

I'd forgotten about Blur. I'm going to look more into Sally. I like her voice.

That was just weird. :D

It was not wierd, it was awesome!

Sally Seltmann was New Buffalo, and was in Seeker Lover Keeper

Silversun Pickups

She said happy. Hell, I'm amazed I found anything
 
And for energetic instrumentals ... Liquid Tension Experiment.
 
oh, and alvvays was a good choice. supposedly they have anew album coming out soon. hopefully it won't suck.
 
Back
Top