My Apologies

TinyBeth

Really Experienced
I sincerely hope that the stance I took a few days ago did not offend anyone. I have very decided views about BDSM that are at odds both with people that dislike it as a whole and others who are involved. I strongly believe that it is not just an acting out of patterns of abuse and get very offended myself if I suspect that is what someone implying. I am also very strongly in favor of the concepts of Safe, Sane and Consensual-which some people do not respect or believe is "playing around" rather than true BDSM. I am not here to argue the point either way. I just wanted to apologize to anyone I may have upset with my opinion.

I sincerely hope that the stance I took a few days ago did not offend anyone. I have very decided views about BDSM that are at odds both with people that dislike it as a whole and others who are involved. I strongly believe that it is not just an acting out of patterns of abuse and get very offended myself if I suspect that is what someone implying. I am also very strongly in favor of the concepts of Safe, Sane and Consensual-which some people do not respect or believe is "playing around" rather than true BDSM. I am not here to argue the point either way. I just wanted to apologize to anyone I may have upset with my opinion.
Never apologize for your opinions ;)

I agree with the others. If your opinions are truly how you feel then don't apologize for them ever.

As for BDSM, its a fine line in a lot of ways and there are many factions within it. Its called "The lifestyle" for a reason and different people practice it differently just like Christianity, same god, but a whole lot of arguing about the finer points.

I don't know what happened, but I agree. Don't apologize for your opinions, because then you can appear weak to others.

I don't know what happened, but I agree. Don't apologize for your opinions, because then you can appear weak to others.

Thank you. I didn't want to undermine my argument, but I also didn't want to get argumentative. I get really angry at the implication BDSM is nothing but abuse. I've had others pull that and try to shame me and convince me I am a bad feminist. Once you hit that attitude, arguing is a moot point. So I pulled away for a couple days and then thought that I may have misunderstood so I apologized. I don't apologize for the position I took-only for the slightly argumentative tone.

I agree with the others. If your opinions are truly how you feel then don't apologize for them ever.

As for BDSM, its a fine line in a lot of ways and there are many factions within it. Its called "The lifestyle" for a reason and different people practice it differently just like Christianity, same god, but a whole lot of arguing about the finer points.

I totally agree with LoveCraft68, especially the analogy to christianity, where mild to extreme opinions are voiced every day.

I didn't agree with some of the things you and others said in that argument, tinybeth, honestly it seemed a silly debate to be having and I opted out of reading it about halfway through because the scope of BDSM is so large it is rare to find 100% concurring opinions or even people with matching kinks within the lifestyle. All we can do is try and surround ourselves with like minded people and live and let live with the rest.

If everyone liked and thought the same things this world be be a very boring world. Be true to yourself.

I totally agree with LoveCraft68, especially the analogy to christianity, where mild to extreme opinions are voiced every day.

I didn't agree with some of the things you and others said in that argument, tinybeth, honestly it seemed a silly debate to be having and I opted out of reading it about halfway through because the scope of BDSM is so large it is rare to find 100% concurring opinions or even people with matching kinks within the lifestyle. All we can do is try and surround ourselves with like minded people and live and let live with the rest.

If everyone liked and thought the same things this world be be a very boring world. Be true to yourself.

That was why I dropped out of it myself. I realized that arguing was useless, it is too wide a subject to not have wider divergence of opinion.

Back