Any Advice For Someone New To The World Of BDSM?

So I'm an 18 year old girl who is new to the world of BDSM. Its been pretty difficult for me to collect much information on the subject. I'd like to further educate myself and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. I'd very much appreciate it.

So I'm an 18 year old girl who is new to the world of BDSM. Its been pretty difficult for me to collect much information on the subject. I'd like to further educate myself and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. I'd very much appreciate it.

Hi and welcome!

You've come to a great place, if you're looking for information, because this whole board is full of it. Browse around, see if anything piques your interest and maybe ask a little more specific questions after that. That should make it easier for us to give you information that pertains to your situation or interests. :)

You can find tons of insightful posts in our Library.

This post from Stella Omega is a good place to start if you're wondering where you might fit in the BDSM world and what might be your label.

There is no one true way to do BDSM, except that it has to be consensual, because every relationship is different. You can read about different kinds of relationships on this thread started by MeekMe.

Figure out what you're interested in, figure out where your boundaries lie and learn to communicate those things clearly. Educate yourself about risks and how to do things safely. Start off easy. Don't worry about fitting into one neatly labeled box, because very few people do. Not to mention that people define the boxes very differently. :)

Hi and welcome!

You've come to a great place, if you're looking for information, because this whole board is full of it. Browse around, see if anything piques your interest and maybe ask a little more specific questions after that. That should make it easier for us to give you information that pertains to your situation or interests. :)

You can find tons of insightful posts in our Library.

This post from Stella Omega is a good place to start if you're wondering where you might fit in the BDSM world and what might be your label.

There is no one true way to do BDSM, except that it has to be consensual, because every relationship is different. You can read about different kinds of relationships on this thread started by MeekMe.

Figure out what you're interested in, figure out where your boundaries lie and learn to communicate those things clearly. Educate yourself about risks and how to do things safely. Start off easy. Don't worry about fitting into one neatly labeled box, because very few people do. Not to mention that people define the boxes very differently. :)

Because this question is asked regularly by new posters looking for a starting point, I think your reply would make a very good sticky, Seela :D

What Seela said!

Also: You may get a bunch of private messages from dudes eager to "help", aka "sleep with you"; if they get annoying, the ignore function is your friend, or you can just switch off PMs for a few days.

I beat my head against the wall when the usual suspects talk like BDSM is the fucking Mickey Mouse Club, Disney World, and Epcot. Sometimes it seems Spanky and Our Gang run this place. Its fulla performers and dilettantes. I cant name one who lives a congruent life where theyre dominant or submissive.

So it depends on what you want...a role in a banal script or a life.

Back