Sharing some DIY stuff

CZSteve

Experienced
Joined
May 29, 2012
Posts
79
Felt like sharing some DIY stuff we have - please feel free to share what you have done if inclined.

Here's our Armoire; started out with the bedside table drawers but before we new it we were running out of space - everything is lockable as we have kids. Recently added mulitcolor LED strip lights that are pretty cool.

20141121_182707_zps98fda586.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141121_182731_zpsd4fbfe00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's a powered winch set-up we have w/ a wireless remote; concealed w/ a smoke detector.

20141123_154838_zps1db101b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141123_155106_zps4bf838a1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just finished this headboard - my wife wanted an old door for a headboard; I thought this would be ideal for another project... Top shelf is removable, held in place by a couple rare-earth magnets & dowel pins - I have five brass threaded inserts in the door to accept eye-bolts.

20141123_191039_zps9270c28b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141123_190836_zps633866a5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Few others:

Queening Stool

20141123_204247_zps569f6858.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spreader bar & couple of impalement rods (camera tripod legs w/ PVC union fittings that work perfect for holding dildos). Also a mic stand that's been modified to hold 'The' Magic Wand.

20141123_155552_zpsd8f4f040.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wand-stand_zps5b5d974d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wand-table_zpsd017dd37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Best,
Steve
 
Well, I'm very impressed with all your home mods. Thank you for sharing.
 
I like the 5 panel door as the head board.
Good re-use item.
I've made a few items myself.
If I ever figure out how to post photos maybe I will show you.
Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice work. I wish I were better at wood-working.

What's a "queening stool"?
 
steve, did you also share this on the BDSM forum? i think the interest will be quite a bit less muted than it is here. i'm not a handyman myself but your work looks pretty impressive!

ed
 
Steve, can you explain your power winch setup more? It's a brilliant idea I'd never considered before.

What I'd actually like to use it for is hanging therapy swings/equipment in our living room. We currently have a big hammock swing hanging from about 2' of galvanized chain on our vaulted+angled living room ceiling. It serves its purpose, but it'd be great to make the rigging much more attractive and be able to hide it, especially as our son gets older

And then, yeah, if the rigging made it easy to switch to a sex swing and adjust the height, that'd be amazing too! :D
 
Steve, can you explain your power winch setup more? It's a brilliant idea I'd never considered before.

What I'd actually like to use it for is hanging therapy swings/equipment in our living room. We currently have a big hammock swing hanging from about 2' of galvanized chain on our vaulted+angled living room ceiling. It serves its purpose, but it'd be great to make the rigging much more attractive and be able to hide it, especially as our son gets older

And then, yeah, if the rigging made it easy to switch to a sex swing and adjust the height, that'd be amazing too! :D

Oh, I remeber the winch!
Until Steve comes back:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=843359
 
Away visiting relatives for Thanksgiving - Thanks Iris for finding that old link; here's part of that link and refreshed pics for a visual.

Ended up using a cheap $15 smoke detector.
- Installed a round junction box in the ceiling with the top portion cut off to provide an opening into the attic.
- Mounted the smoke detector trim ring to the box; detector rotates on & off.
- Mounted 12volt winch to a very strong piece of 2x6 oak.
- Mounted 2x6 to ceiling joist w/ 5/8" x 3-1/2" lag screws; also bolted eye bolts to the 2x6 & roof rafter above and then tensioned a chain with a heavy duty turn buckle to provide an opposing force for an extra measure.
- Have a 12volt motorcycle battery for power.

Playtime!!!
Make sure kiddo's are asleep, remove detector from trim ring, lower winch via remote, and...
It's just a little loud but our master is on the other side of the house from the other BR's; not noticeable from the opposite side of the house.

Very sturdy and a bit overkill. Used with a swing on the first night, absolutely no creaking; did some bondage and forced O's the night after...

Changes since first post:
- I changed out the battery to a better AGM model; the cheap wet cell didn't survive the heat of the attic.
- Also added a trickle charger.
- Shortened the cable to lesson the problem of the wire becoming too unraveled; you do have to keep tension on the hook when letting the wire out to keep it taught on the spool.
- FYI: Winch is from Harbor Freight w/ an add-on wireless module; versions now have built-in wireless IIRC.

We really enjoy it; it's very handy to be able to adjust the height.

20130803_1032101_zps37ee99db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130807_1930401_zps6b2e01bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130803_1040361_zps59b69741.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Steve, there is a synthetic rope made by Samson that is a wire rope replacement. It's called Amsteel Blue. You will find it much easier to handle than cable.
 
Love the hidden winch idea, unfortunately the only place to use a similar idea - would be right in the middle of a lovely flat unadorned ceiling in my den - which would look wrong in so many ways.

my own homegrown attempts are more hacks than builds -
Took the seat pad off a highback chair and made a new pad with a cut outto give easy access. The beauty is that the original pad then sits back over the top when not in use. Nice simple restraint chair.

Took a bench/horse from Ikea and hacked that, using the frame but making stronger sides to have an angle adjustable bench - can be used in a raised kneeling position, or lieing on back. I popped a load of cup hooks under the top - which gives tons of easy tie points.

Frame. Not for suspension, just restraint. Took a sheet of plywood, fixed 2 fence post holders to it ( the type used to fixed fence posts to concrete )....so 2 posts drop into each holder, and then a beam is bolted across the top holding the sides 'square'.....few hooks on the posts make for tie points....

and like the OP i have a cple of Mic stands which hold the hitachi/eroscillator or dildos...

the frame can be used with the bench to restrain legs open if the person is lying flat on their back on the bench.
 
Nice work. I wish I were better at wood-working.

What's a "queening stool"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facesitting
A less aggressive version of a smother box I guess. There are some online companies that sell similar to what we have but this is relatively easy to build; I bought the legs at the Big Orange Box Store (love HD), cut a u-shaped plywood section, and then applied foam and wrapped with vinyl. My wife saw a hamster hammock at the pet store and figured that would work perfect for the head support. I also added some chain on the back legs for wrist cuff attachment to satisfy bondage needs when we want - I VERY MUCH enjoy worshiping / servicing my wife, this just gives us a different position.

Steve, there is a synthetic rope made by Samson that is a wire rope replacement. It's called Amsteel Blue. You will find it much easier to handle than cable.

Thanks twister - I was not aware of the synthetic rope option; that does appear to be a better alternative to the wire rope.
 
Love the hidden winch idea, unfortunately the only place to use a similar idea - would be right in the middle of a lovely flat unadorned ceiling in my den - which would look wrong in so many ways.

my own homegrown attempts are more hacks than builds -
Took the seat pad off a highback chair and made a new pad with a cut outto give easy access. The beauty is that the original pad then sits back over the top when not in use. Nice simple restraint chair.

Took a bench/horse from Ikea and hacked that, using the frame but making stronger sides to have an angle adjustable bench - can be used in a raised kneeling position, or lieing on back. I popped a load of cup hooks under the top - which gives tons of easy tie points.

Frame. Not for suspension, just restraint. Took a sheet of plywood, fixed 2 fence post holders to it ( the type used to fixed fence posts to concrete )....so 2 posts drop into each holder, and then a beam is bolted across the top holding the sides 'square'.....few hooks on the posts make for tie points....

and like the OP i have a cple of Mic stands which hold the hitachi/eroscillator or dildos...

the frame can be used with the bench to restrain legs open if the person is lying flat on their back on the bench.

Heatseekher - I'd love to see pics of what you've done if you don't mind; the door we did came out quite nice, this is more of a testament to my wife as she did the paint treatment - the queening stool is not quite as polished; especially when you look up close at the underside, but it works... I'm a believer that 'Form Follows Function' ;)
 
CZSteve, your power wnich just blew my mind! (I had to look it up, since I didn't know what it was, but its awesome)
 
Well holy crap and damn..... I am really impressed especially with the winch in the smoke detector. Nothing like good old Yankee ingenuity.
 
Love the design for the stool! I've been thinking about ways to make something like that. I want adjustable height. And bondage points.
 
@czsteve, will have to take a few piccies, i know i had a couple but no idea which pc they're on....
 
New setup and last nights scene

Good Morning...brief thread on latest setup and last night's scene I feel compelled to share - pic below to help grasp the setup.
My wife graciously allowed me to set the stage and she took it from there... :D

Setup%20-%20stretched%20amp%20impaled_zpseodwg89m.jpg


- Attached a 2' long square tube to the top of our headboard that extended out perpendicular from the wall w/ a pulley attached to the end.
- Spreader bar also w/ a pulley in the middle.
- Impalement rod w/ dildo attached to middle of spreader bar.
- Ankle and Wrist cuffs attached to bed corners.
- Used a shoe lace to bind and separate my balls; parachute around ball sack after that (separated my balls to be 100% certain I didn't pull out of the parachute and add sensitivity).
- Proceeded to insert / impale myself with the dildo; extended the adjustable rod so it was very tight pushing against the spreader bar attached to my ankles.
- Ran clothes line though the pulleys; bottom attached to the parachute w/ top coming through the upper pulley to allow weights to be hung thus pulling the parachute straight back away from my body.
- My wife proceeded to stretch out my limbs with the ratchet rope at all four corners.
- My wife wore a new 'dress' I ordered for her; VERY revealing allowing access to ALL parts of her body - provided a wonderful CFNM aspect to the night.

I was stretched out tight, especially my lower half with the legs into the spreader bar with the rope pulled taught at the corners and the the opposing force of the impalement rod pushed in tight, then my wife started adding up up to 6-8 eight ounce fishing weights - the weights felt great pulling my 'stuff' one direction while the dildo was pushing the other way.

Spent about 90 minutes with my wife being my Sensual Sadist; varying between soft kisses, clothes pegs & nipple clamps, Wartenberg wheel, face riding with blow jobs mixed in and a lot of general teasing - I had also vaped some herb just prior, I love how this increases the sensitivity and prolongs everything.

My wife removed all but three or four weights, lubed up her hands and proceeded to give me one of her incredible hand jobs - I had permission to come but did know if I'd be able to with my balls stretched out tight and the earlier pot makes it difficult. after a bit of the best edging I've ever had I finally had my release; I didn't 'shoot' but had an incredible amount of volume - I'm assuming because my balls where stretched out and could not draw up in tight it prevented a forceful ejaculation, however the volume and intensity was fantastic.

Wonderful night that worked out beautifully, the entire setup was both comfortable and efficient while keeping me held very tight and hard to move against all the stimulus. - just felt like sharing.
 
New Creation

Here's a bondage V-Table / Rack that's just about finished, just have a couple of screw-in T-Bolts to install on the leg portions for ankle cuff attachment points.

20150620_1921561_zpscripekju.jpg


20150620_1922131_zpskfbp9w0t.jpg


- Table bases from a restaurant supply store.
- 2x12 for the torso, 2x6's for the legs.
- Glued 1/2" thick foam on boards; the dense interlocking squares used on the floor for workout equipment, beautifully covered w/ some nice vinyl by my lovely wife :heart:
- 1x4 spanning the legs for an impalement rod; easily removable during a scene.
- Hand winch attached to a 1x8 oak board extension; this may be a bit over the top - hot for the idea of being stretched, especially while hearing the sound of the ratcheting gear :D

Should work well using just wrist & ankle cuffs, pallet wrap, many leather belts - combination of all... :rolleyes:

We won't be able to try out this weekend, hopefully we'll break it in next - plan on taking turns on who's the victim; I'm selfishly hoping to be the first on the receiving end...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top