Favorite Movie Quotes

Hellboy

John Myers: What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.
 
Col. Jessup: You want answers?

Lt. Kaffee: I think I'm entitled...

Col. Jessup: You want answers?

Lt. Kaffee: I want the truth!

Col. Jessup: You can't handle the truth!
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.
And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!
I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Lt. Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Col. Jessup: I did the job...

Lt. Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?!

Col. Jessup: You're goddamn right I did!

-- A Few Good Men (Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise)
 
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

[Witnessing the destruction of the Enterprise]
Kirk: My God, Bones... what have I done?
McCoy: What you had to do, what you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live.
 
Narrator:

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

~ Idiocracy
 
Mallrats

Brodie: It's impossible. Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle his sperm? I guarantee he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his child?
T.S. Quint: Sure, why not?
Brodie: He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by Earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan, the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a Kryptonite condom, but that would kill him.
 
Patrick Bateman: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

- American Psycho
 
Isabel, The Fountain

For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.
 
Clerks:

Dante: Try not to suck any dick on your way through the parking lot!

Random man turns and follows Veronica

Dante: Hey you come back here!
 
Aliens

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?
 
"Who honours those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we will never die? Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us? And Who holds the key that can set us free...

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need.

Now Fight!"
 
Persian: A thousand Nations of the Persian Army will descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Stelios: then we will fight in the shade.

The 300
 
Body heat

Ned: You can stand here with me if you want but you'll have to agree not to talk about the heat.
Matty: I'm a married woman.
Ned: Meaning what?
Matty: Meaning I'm not looking for company.
Ned: Then you should have said I'm a happily married woman.
 
Closer

"What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world."
 
Blade runner

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.
 
And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
 
Queen of hearts, Alice in Wonderland

"Off with their heads"
 
Room clerk: Are you here for an affair sir?
Benjamin's: What?
Room Clerk: The Singleman party sir?
Benjamin: Ah, yes, the Singleman party.
The Graduate
 
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-- J. B. Books (John Wayne), The Shootist
 
Unforgiven

It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.
 
Little Bill (Gene Hackman): "You just shot an unarmed man."

Will Munny (Clint Eastwood): "He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."

-- Unforgiven
 
Little Bill (Gene Hackman): "You just shot an unarmed man."

Will Munny (Clint Eastwood): "He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."

-- Unforgiven

I love that one.
 
Back
Top