The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for Transformers, too, which I rented but didn't see in the theater. And then didn't even bother to watch any of the others. Such terrible, awful film making.

Saw in theater only because someone else paid(same with Clash of titans remake. I still want money i didn't spend back lol) Watched Dark side of the moon the other week because it was on Netflix and I needed my weekly fix of mind rot. For some reason despite hating the first, and skipping the second I actually liked the third. I think its the result of watching so many B or lower movies just for the hell of it.

Yeah, if it's like.. Amelie or City of God or something like that, I'm probably not going to be making jokes.

Or, if it's the first time I'm seeing something I'm excited to see..

But even then.. I saw the new version of The Day The Earth Stood Still (with Keanu "kung fu" Reeves) in the theater, and it was SO HARD not to mock the hell out of it. It was just so terrible.

Same for Transformers, too, which I rented but didn't see in the theater. And then didn't even bother to watch any of the others. Such terrible, awful film making.

I love me some Michael Bay. *holds a serious face before cracking a smile*

No...really... I do like a couple of his films, but Transformers.... first one... had good pieces, second one piece of shit... third one, (yes, I saw it don't judge) was pretty much on par with the first one.

I often torture myself with shitty movies and not exactly sure why....oh wait, yes I know... so I can opening mock their idiocy and those who think they're good. I.E. RomComs

I have unreasonable hatred and lack of respect for those who tell me it's a "good movie." No, it's not. Admit you like shit and we're good, but don't tell me it's good.

*steps off the soapbox and slinks away.*

I often torture myself with shitty movies and not exactly sure why....oh wait, yes I know... so I can opening mock their idiocy and those who think they're good. I.E. RomComs

A movie watcher after my own heart. Partner #2 constantly asks me why I subject myself to such rot and why I haven't started down Elvira style rating vids on youtube.

1. A little mental rot is good for the soul
2. too much work
3. There are only so many nature docs you can watch before you end watching some completely ridiculous film about time travel and Dinosaurs rampaging through surprisingly empty L.A. streets.

Can't really compare a comedy and a drama, they're different forms of writing.

Yeah, but I think it depends on the comedy to an extent, too.

Plus, I think the change is intended to move it away from the quirks and parodies and self-referential jokes that make it great, but make it something of a serialized comedy in a way.

For example, the song here and here is a joke in and of itself... but if you're just a casual watcher, you're probably not going to get that. My suspicion is NBC and/or Sony want less of that sort of thing.

If it's vodka, I'll pass.

Buuuuuut.... rummy in mah tummy is yummy. :D

Mehh. I'll only drink vodka if it's all I have.

Buuutttt *peaks in liquor cabinet* Got Jack Daniels, R&R, Tarantula *pauses* why the fuck do I have Tarantula? *shrugs*Disaronno, and some Jager in the freezer.

Oh and a gallon of 100 proof Morgan ;) If you want some!

Saw in theater only because someone else paid(same with Clash of titans remake. I still want money i didn't spend back lol) Watched Dark side of the moon the other week because it was on Netflix and I needed my weekly fix of mind rot. For some reason despite hating the first, and skipping the second I actually liked the third. I think its the result of watching so many B or lower movies just for the hell of it.

If I was going to watch it with some friends to mock it I could do it, but other than that.. I just can't take the Transformers movies anymore.

I wrote a "review" of the first one, that I may even still have somewhere, that was basically just like twelve paragraphs calling it terrible and making fun at it, with random curse words thrown in.

I did that with another movie too... what was it?

OH! The vampire movie that was set up in Alaska.. 30 Days of Night I think it was? Man, I hated that movie.

A movie watcher after my own heart. Partner #2 constantly asks me why I subject myself to such rot and why I haven't started down Elvira style rating vids on youtube.

1. A little mental rot is good for the soul
2. too much work
3. There are only so many nature docs you can watch before you end watching some completely ridiculous film about time travel and Dinosaurs rampaging through surprisingly empty L.A. streets.

LoL!

Well, don't knock Elvira...I grew up on the Mistress of Darkness. :)

I love me some Michael Bay. *holds a serious face before cracking a smile*

No...really... I do like a couple of his films, but Transformers.... first one... had good pieces, second one piece of shit... third one, (yes, I saw it don't judge) was pretty much on par with the first one.

I have unreasonable hatred and lack of respect for those who tell me it's a "good movie." No, it's not. Admit you like shit and we're good, but don't tell me it's good.

*steps off the soapbox and slinks away.*

*snickers*

I don't hate all of his movies.. Bad Boys, for example, I like. But most of them are just.. boobs and explosions. Boobs I can see without paying $11 at the theater, and explosions don't entertain me the way they do most guys, I guess.

Yeah, but I think it depends on the comedy to an extent, too.

Plus, I think the change is intended to move it away from the quirks and parodies and self-referential jokes that make it great, but make it something of a serialized comedy in a way.

For example, the song here and here is a joke in and of itself... but if you're just a casual watcher, you're probably not going to get that. My suspicion is NBC and/or Sony want less of that sort of thing.

I suppose only time will tell. While they not make those referential jokes it doesn't mean they'll stop or not make new ones.

Last edited:
Mehh. I'll only drink vodka if it's all I have.

Buuutttt *peaks in liquor cabinet* Got Jack Daniels, R&R, Tarantula *pauses* why the fuck do I have Tarantula? *shrugs*Disaronno, and some Jager in the freezer.

Oh and a gallon of 100 proof Morgan ;) If you want some!

Whiskey...now we're talking... but I'm an Irish whiskey drinker especially in the winter.

I did that with another movie too... what was it?

OH! The vampire movie that was set up in Alaska.. 30 Days of Night I think it was? Man, I hated that movie.

Whhhaaaaat? No, that was a decent vampire movie!

:)

*snickers*

I don't hate all of his movies.. Bad Boys, for example, I like. But most of them are just.. boobs and explosions. Boobs I can see without paying $11 at the theater, and explosions don't entertain me the way they do most guys, I guess.

Bad Boys are the two movies of his I really super like and I don't care how poorly reviewed they are! Some movies just entertain me.

He is an adolescent filmmaker with a few good action flicks.

*high five!*

*...and makes a bolded and underlined note of that*

:devil:

Hahaha....:p

You don't need to get me blindly drunk though I am hilarious and fun. It's me turned up to 11.

LoL!

Well, don't knock Elvira...I grew up on the Mistress of Darkness. :)

Oh not at all. Same here. Between her and the Crypt keeper I was a rather odd kid.

Scuttle Buttin' said:

And yet still better than twilight, but yes 30 days of night was BAD. So bad it makes the Subspecies series look good.

ETA: The last review I did was of the much unneeded sequel to Clash. Even if I feel it blew the clash remake out of the water, Wrath was just a bit much. Now the fact they are talking a third movie makes me want to go rampaging through hollywood.

Then again so does the Highlander remake.

Last edited:
And yet still better than twilight, but yes 30 days of night was BAD. So bad it makes the Subspecies series look good.

Times like this I wish there was another Blade movie.

twilight-ending-blade.jpg

Not like Trinity though.

Oh not at all. Same here. Between her and the Crypt keeper I was a rather odd kid.

ETA: The last review I did was of the much unneeded sequel to Clash. Even if I feel it blew the clash remake out of the water, Wrath was just a bit much. Now the fact they are talking a third movie makes me want to go rampaging through hollywood. .

I was an odd kid too. :)

I avoided the Clash remakes and I'm not keen on a Highlander remake. Ugh. Just stop!!

I'm a Whiskey girl ;) My drink of choice any day!

:D

Times like this I wish there was another Blade movie.

twilight-ending-blade.jpg

Not like Trinity though.

LoL!

Trinity sucked and I try to forget it exists.

Heh. I found the review I wrote for 30 Days of Night. Reading it again gave me a laugh, so.. I'll put it here, cause why not? You're, of course, under no obligation to read, or even act like, you read something I wrote... wow, way back in 2007.

The vampires show up, I assume, on a boat (this is something you see in literally the first shot of the movie, so it's not a spoiler), although in reality, they just.. show up. Poof, vampires. And I guess the guy who goes tromping through the snow in the beginning after seeing the boat is the guy who helped them get there, or maybe gave them the idea to get there, or maybe he's just their groupie and they recruited him to go cause some destruction before they arrived. Prepare the way, I guess. He served literally no purpose except to be creepy in the jail cell, though. I mean, I guess they killed him so he couldn't tell anyone that they really exist or whatever, but more importantly... if they can't speak English, how the fuck did they tell him what they needed? And why didn't they kill him to begin with? The character existed in a complete and utter vacuum. I think his name in the credits was actually Plot Device. They probably just called him Mr. Device, though.

As for Hartnett, they could've used a cardboard cut-out of Josh Hartnett, saved a lot of money, and received the same performance. He was, apparently, the sheriff with the older guy as the deputy, although why this was the case I have no clue. Apparently the town was small enough to only need an Andy Griffith-like two cops. Also, what the hell kind of a name is Eben? It's like his mom wanted to name him Evan, but was just a little too retarded to say it right. Maybe birth certificates use voice recognition up there.

And Hartnett's wife/girlfriend/fiancee was just... where to even begin with her. She's a fire martial of some kind, sure, whatever, but when asked if she's allowed to carry the gun, we're given the fantastic reasoning of, "I never really asked." Oh. Well thank God they didn't have to deal with THAT when writing the screen play. I'm surprised she didn't carry around a jug of Holy Water because, well, it just makes her feel closer to God. And then, of course, she misses her plane. Why? Because some douchebag drove a GIANT FUCKING TRACTOR into her truck, completely out of the blue. It's like they were going:

"Now we can't let her catch her plane, so how do we stop her?"

"How about her truck is hit by a tractor!"

"But wouldn't the driver of the tractor see her coming?"

"He got something in his eye and decided driving out onto the road with his giant blade leading the way, without looking for oncoming cars, was a much better idea."

"So we should show him rubbing his eye and starting to hit the break and then going, 'Ah, fuck it,' and driving into the road?"

"Absolutely! If it just happens suddenly, it'll be far more scary!"

"Aces!"

Seriously. What the fuck was that?

And then, she finally DOES get to the airport, after Cardboard Sheriff's deputy apparently wasted time for some random, unknown reason, and she can't fly out... BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY DARK!!!! Apparently this place is SO isolated that they haven't yet received the technology to FLY IN THE DARK. How they didn't all just randomly, accidentally kill themselves long before the vampires got there is a mystery to me.

Speaking of the vampires, is it possible to have a villain with less depth? I don't think so. They speak another language, though why or how, we have no idea. Do they also know English? They know they word God. And apparently the word "no." Although, to be fair, it could be like English and Spanish, where the word "no" applies in both languages. Maybe it's just a universal word. They've been around for centuries, but only now thought, "You know, there's a place that is dark for thirty whole days! We should go there!" To be fair, though, maybe before they just... didn't really ask.

Every other character is basically just a walking plot device like Mr. Device was. There's the Old Man who's, of course, crazy and so decides to go find his wife or whoever. There's the Son of the Old Man who has to go after his father, alone, without really wearing anything warm, because, gee golly, it's better if we're eaten alive together! There's the Mom of Cardboard Sheriff, who's there to give him something to be upset about when she's eaten. There's Grizzly Old Man, who's an asshole until the chips are down and then he takes out a bunch of vampires and sacrifices himself in the process, showing us that he's really a good guy at heart (and a side note... can someone explain to me how the fuck he blows up that building with a box of dynamite THAT IS SITTING AT HIS FEET, and yet after the initial explosion still comes tumbling out of the building, not only in one piece but with all his hair. I want to see the MythBusters tackle this one.). There's Random People Wandering Down the Street, who wander randomly simply to give Our Heroes an excuse to go out into the open to try to save them.

I could go on... the vampires trying to cover their tracks was utterly ridiculous, the turbine thing (muffin muncher? it was muffin something, but I don't remember it sounding that perverted) in the power station, which someone was OBVIOUSLY going to fall/be pushed into (they should've just called it the people/vampire killer), the final fight when the vampires apparently decided to start fighting like the Power Rangers, one-on-one.

Anyway... the more I think about this movie, the more ridiculous it becomes. I should probably stop before I end up at the theater, asking for my money back. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back