Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Oh, man. Good to see Ghost Rider again.

It might be rough for Rose around his psychic/mystical fire, but I knew this would be a challenging weakness when I picked her.

"Impossible,"
by Lacey Sturm.

I can't fly
But I, I keep finding myself soaring high above this
I have nothing left but I keep on pouring
Out like I am endless
Impossible, Impossible

I don't run too fast but I'm looking back
And miles and miles have passed
I can barely breathe but I'm
Singing out like this is nothing to me
Impossible, Impossible

Every morning I see another miracle
I can't believe, I'm living the impossible
We are the sign and we are the wonder
Another day of living the impossible
Impossible, Impossible

I choose to be alive
Especially because the odds say I should die
I wrestle death again I know more of
His moves now and I won't give in
Impossible, Impossible

Impossible, Impossible

When I'm weak I wonder if I'm gonna be alright
But too many times I've seen this all come to life
If I make myself stop and remember

When I'm weak I wonder if I'm gonna be alright
But too many times I've seen this all come to life
If I make myself stop and remember

Impossible, Impossible

I'm living the impossible
I'm living the impossible

"I Am The Fire,"
by Halestorm.

Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
Cuz I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm
And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire

I've been sacrificed
My heart's been cauterized
Hanging on to hope
Shackled by the ghost
Of what I once believed
That I could never be
What's right in front of me?

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm
Screaming like a siren
I am the fire

I don't believe I'll fall from grace
Won't let the past decide my fate
Leave forgiveness in my wake
Take the love that I've embraced

I promise to myself, me and no one else
I am more than this
I am the fire...

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm
Screaming like a siren
I am the fire
I am the fire
I am the fire
I am the fire
I am the fire
I am the fire
I am the fire

Hey, Nubian, if Rose were to pick up on Val-Zod's thoughts to help zero in on him in the city, what mental state would she detect?

Guys, this game no longer makes any sense and it has "zero" GM guidance. Just none.

Guys, this game no longer makes any sense and it has "zero" GM guidance. Just none.

I've petitioned Nubian for insight a couple times but he hasn't responded. He could just be busy?

Varshanka, did you discuss Ghost Rider with him at all? Not that I'm blaming you for taking initiative, I just wonder if Legend communicated with you at all behind the scenes or gave you some clue as to what's happening IC/OOC?

Ghost rider was approved via PM with Nubian. He has not offered me any guidance for the story. other than "the main conflict is happening within the city." when I asked about rescuing Aquaman.

yeah. no response on pirate pad either, and I asked there first.

I do understand the frustration. I suppose what I'd need to know is it more like a traditional RPG where you need more GM guidance or is supposed to be freeform where we can pretty much write whatever needs to be written to get the job done.

Does that include writing the GM's GMPCs, though? I know MilkManDan did a bit of that with Kelley, but I assumed that was a collaboration with N.L. Maybe I was wrong.

I was going to have my next post to have Rose direct her and Karan to Val-Zod's location by homing in on his emotional state, get back into the action at long last? But I don't want to assume anything about Val's mental state without touching base with N.L. first.

Unless I'm supposed to assume it, but I can't assume that I'm supposed to assume it without N.L. telling me/us that and he hasn't done that. :/:confused:

i say we go forward, and if the dm gives direction we follow, but for now....

the highway is ours and it's time to run with the wind..

In about ten days, it will be a month since Legend not posted anywhere on Lit.

I say we give him until then to get back to us before we decide whether to keep going on this thread without his input.

I've suggested to him since HotCider has bowed out, that I might bring in a version of the Jessi Allen character I've played before, so we still have a speedster.

Of course, since I'm already playing a character with two personas in one body (Rose's mind, M'gann's heart), probably it won't be the same Jessi that Var and Vic have seen before, but a more one-to-one version of Jesse Quick.

In the meantime, Var, just so I'm sure I understand better:

Earlier, Ghost Rider saw Hiro running cross country, and made to follow, but fell behind.

And in your last post, The Rider used the fire of a burning car to sort of "pyroport" all the way to Metropolis, emerging from the subsiding fires near the glaciersteroid? I did not know that was in his powerset.

Last edited:
The Rider

According to the information I found Ghost Rider is capable of trans dimensional travel I simply used the fires as the focal point.

According to the information I found Ghost Rider is capable of trans dimensional travel I simply used the fires as the focal point.

Learn something new every day. I've just never seen him do that, and it's not mentioned in any profiles I've read for Danny, Johnny, or Robbie. It's your version, no worries.

Where did you read he was capable of transdime travel, I'd like to make my knowledge more comprehensive.

Also, can I suggest that you put up a profile for him like we did the other characters? That way we're all on the same page? Just a suggestion, it might be helpful.

Heh.

Figures the vanilla Wikipedia article has details that the Marvel Wikia doesn't.

I think in the context of this article, it's referring to the trunk of Robbie Reyes' car, which has a kind of TARDIS effect?

But you incorporated it brilliantly into the cycle Rider's powerset!

Basically I figure the Rider can transition between the material and the celestial plane (Heaven/Purgatori/Hell) so essentially by using the fire the rider "dipped" into the other plane and back out. like skipping a rock across a lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back