Artwork and Images - To Catch A Fancy

adsc04627-600x449.jpg

The pearl carpet must be awesome. The weight of it... I have a Victorian glass bead chair seat cover, I love to just hold it because of the weight. This must be similar.

And every time I see the word Ashmolean (including this time), I have to say it out loud for some reason :confused: :D

That looks like a photo with an added image. Sometimes it's so hard to tell, some people can paint so realistically it's amazing.

Nice ones!! :heart:

Edit - here's the link instead. The pic blew up the page.

Still Life...

Frans Snyders: Still Life with Dead Game, Fruits, and Vegetables in a Market, 1614.
Complete with pickpocket :confused:

Last edited:
We have two copies of canelleto works, like...student copies?.. And a couple of other pictures of Venice. For me, I prefer the other paintings. There are very many bad paintings of Venice and personally, caneletto.....his pictures of London and Venice.....they are reflections strongly of him, as it should be in artists work, but .....I see the places differently.

Climb into Venice through a painting...I love this idea. It should be a bdsm board outing. For carnivale. :D

I think I see what you mean. There seems to be a somewhat dark/cynical undertone, perhaps it's the lighting, that indicates a " skewed " view to some degree. Though, I suppose that's the point.

As for climbing into paintings, if only! Then again, we would have been lost long ago. For example

http://blog.art21.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Relativity-escher.jpg

:D

Back