What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 4th to my southern neighbours! Home of the brave and land of the free!

4thcupcakes8.jpg

Listening to and watching the fireworks being set off all around our neighborhood last night, YK commented about some of the wimpy little bottle rockets being set off alongside the big "mortar" type fireworks, and we ended up describing them as mouse farts... then thinking what a not-great name that would be for a firework company: MouseFart Fireworks, or if we wanted to sound Germanic: MausFahrt Fireworks. Each time afterward that we heard a wimpy pffft-pop firework, one of us would say "MausFahrt!" and we'd both dissolve in giggles.

Last edited:
A Chicago TV reporter who snags photo-bombers when they screw up live shots and embarrasses the crap out of them on live TV. If more TV people had the balls to do this, the photo-bomber population would shrink pretty rapidly...

"Reporter Gets Revenge!"

I don't usually do much on Independence Day as it tends to be about things that don't do much for me: parades and fireworks. This year, though, I found a way to celebrate that was much truer to me. I took the family into the city for a big-screen showing of one our family favorites: The Right Stuff. Afterward, we congratulated ourselves on our restraint, for we didn't quote the whole movie to each other, just a few choice lines. It was a late matinee showing so we then got a bite to eat and walked across the city to the lakefront where we relaxed in a grassy park before watching fireworks. They weren't great (budget cuts have hit the Fourth as well), but the people watching was fantastic. All in all, it was a very good day.

I don't usually do much on Independence Day as it tends to be about things that don't do much for me: parades and fireworks. This year, though, I found a way to celebrate that was much truer to me. I took the family into the city for a big-screen showing of one our family favorites: The Right Stuff. Afterward, we congratulated ourselves on our restraint, for we didn't quote the whole movie to each other, just a few choice lines. It was a late matinee showing so we then got a bite to eat and walked across the city to the lakefront where we relaxed in a grassy park before watching fireworks. They weren't great (budget cuts have hit the Fourth as well), but the people watching was fantastic. All in all, it was a very good day.

Oh, favorite movie here too!

Ok, It's official...

Treehouse Master is my new all-time favorite show! :D
(I secretly want to do what he does!)

I had a really good fucking day. Besides hanging out in flip flops with wine and dogs, I really connected with my parents, and that just isn't easy.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back