Editing time frame

That depends on the person doing the edit, the type edit you agreed upon, and the condition of the document you sent them.

My professional rates are based on 2,000 words/hour. But it does wildly vary here on Literotica. With an experienced author, I can keep to that rate. With most writers here, I'd probably allot nearly twice that (more like 1,000/hour). And that's direct work time. I don't whip an edit up in one sitting. I let it stretch out over enough time that my mind has mulled it in time away from it and informed my observations of the work.

That depends on the person doing the edit, the type edit you agreed upon, and the condition of the document you sent them.

Agreed and I think you may have answered the question you and Lady C posed.

Many do not understand fully what 'editing' means. Is it copy editing, literary editing, document presentation or what.

Some threads on what is meant by 'editing' might open the forum. It would at least calm the breasts of neophytes. I wouldn't hold myself up with you Olympians but you do make the forum a bit intimidating for those newbies who just want a view.

Made worse by professional remarks by some experts who regard their professional activities to be the guide for the forum.

Not wishing to 'dumb down' but realise, at present, Lit lets down writers in Stories Feedback and Editors' Forum.

Made worse by professional remarks by some experts who regard their professional activities to be the guide for the forum.

Just as I surmised would be the case, Elfin just can't take the hint that her personal backbiting of me isn't what is wanted on this forum now.

Not wishing to 'dumb down' but realise, at present, Lit lets down writers in Stories Feedback and Editors' Forum.

And just how does Lit "let down writers?" This is a free place. You rolls the dice and takes your chances. Is Lit now supposed to vet users for participation?

Agreed and I think you may have answered the question you and Lady C posed.

Many do not understand fully what 'editing' means. Is it copy editing, literary editing, document presentation or what.

Some threads on what is meant by 'editing' might open the forum. It would at least calm the breasts of neophytes. I wouldn't hold myself up with you Olympians but you do make the forum a bit intimidating for those newbies who just want a view.

Would it be better to follow the remarks made by someone who knows nothing?

That's like going to an automotive mechanic who only has a set of plastic tools instead of one who has the latest equipment.

ETA: If you don't want to follow remarks someone else makes, then just ignore them. That's your right.

Last edited:
Back