DC Rollcall

JimM365

Virgin
I don't actually live in DC, but I'm a frequent visitor. Where are my DC people at? There has to be at least a couple!

I live across the river from DC! Been here almost five years now, which probably puts me ahead of most people in the area who aren't locals. haha

Welcome to the area. There is a Virginia and Maryland threads with some people who check in from time to time. Unfortunately for an area with a good sized population there are not a lot of active posters. Sometimes I think I can hear my own echo when posting. Lol

There may be more lurkers than I know about but who knows who you may meet here. Good luck and keep on posting,I am sure there are lots of travelers going through DC at any given time.

I think part of that difficulty is how stuffy DC is when it comes to political ambition. Don't want to be seen doing something that might jeopardize an up-and-coming career.

I think part of that difficulty is how stuffy DC is when it comes to political ambition. Don't want to be seen doing something that might jeopardize an up-and-coming career.

I mean, you can literally assault someone and still become president, so I don't think that Lit is a barrier.

signed, long time DC-er

Only once you have a few decades to make yourself a cultural celebrity, anyway. ;P But for a 20/30-something still early on? Easy way to get derailed, at least from my perspective.

There is a lot of hanky panky going on the hill between the young interns. I have read some of they stories about their exploits. I think they have their own chat app and if you are getting it for real there is no need for to search out a site like Lit.

There are over a million other government workers in DC so where are they? Got to be a few horny ones out there. Lol.

There is a lot of hanky panky going on the hill between the young interns. I have read some of they stories about their exploits. I think they have their own chat app and if you are getting it for real there is no need for to search out a site like Lit.

There are over a million other government workers in DC so where are they? Got to be a few horny ones out there. Lol.

So, I think many live outside of DC. People who actually LIVE in DC get irked by those of you folks in Fairfax (and Annapolis?) saying you are from DC. DC young gov workers have a great time. I was one. And hill staffers love intern time. I mean, I did.

So, I think many live outside of DC. People who actually LIVE in DC get irked by those of you folks in Fairfax (and Annapolis?) saying you are from DC. DC young gov workers have a great time. I was one. And hill staffers love intern time. I mean, I did.

Where People live and work is all intertwined around the area. There are thousands who live in Fairfax but work in DC and I am sure there is a big vice versus. Actually DC is completely surrounded by Maryland other than along the Potomac river. I also believe the whole maryland, DC and Virginia area is considered one big TV market so it is just easier to say DC since most know where that is located.

Got any good stories from your time on the hill? There was one good story in the paper about a woman who was a capital hill worker by day and a high price call girl by night.

Fast paced life style of DC

I think the challenge of living in NOVA / DMV is because of how fast we live here. Its always job 1st, and life 2nd. I think its particularly hard to meet people and get them to slow down for a minute.

I think the challenge of living in NOVA / DMV is because of how fast we live here. Its always job 1st, and life 2nd. I think its particularly hard to meet people and get them to slow down for a minute.

Totally agree. It was bad BEFORE cell phones... and it's only gotten worse since (I sound like an old man lol)

Totally agree. It was bad BEFORE cell phones... and it's only gotten worse since (I sound like an old man lol)

It has definitely made it hard to meet people since everybody has the phone in front of their face all the time. Got on the subway one day and I watched as the car filled up with people. I was the only person not on their phone. Nobody said a word to anybody near then, nobody even knew who was near them because nobody ever looked up from their phone.

Back