Wards of Darkness (pm me if interested in joining, please.)

"Come on... Come on..." Sally Mae urged, getting down on her belly, resting her cherubic face in her hands and kicking her feet up behind her, obviously excited for Mylea to open her box. She just couldn't contain her exuberance and the entire room seemed to change to reflect it.

Where there had been dust and moth ridden sheets, and the dim light of day peaking through the curtains, the image of a time long since past took over the room. With her presence, the room became the way Sally Mae had left it the day she died. Clean and inviting in the noon day sun. She didn't seem to notice though, she was too focused on Mylea and her box.
 
Kat jumped when she heard his voice and looked behind her but nothing was there, she looked out the window and saw him carrying something in his arms.." yes what is it." she said as she looked at him through the window.
 
"Hold on, I dont want to ruin anything. The box is old and delicate."

She lifted the lid gently and set it to the side. She looked up in awe as the room changed. At first she cringed thinking it was going to be a vision, an omen of something to come. Mylea watched Sally Mae as she smiled and beamed. and realized that the room was changing because of her. It became warm around her. It was clean and comfortable. the dust disappeared.

Mylea started to go though the box lifting each item out gently. First she pulled out a hair comb made of polished white whale bone. She turned it in her hand to find pale pink and grey pearls arranged in small flowers. It was so lovely and delicate. She could defiantly see the girl wearing it in her hair.

Put it on Mylea. I cant wear it anymore. It will look lovely in your hair

Mylea got up and went over to the small mirror on the wall and pulled up half her hair into a messy bun and put the comb in. "How does it look?"

"Perfect"

She went back to the box to find a few postcards from around the world. She looked though each one.

"That one is from the worlds fair, ohh and that one is from Hawaii. I love the clear water. Oh and that one is from Paris she pointed out as Mylea flipped though the cards admiring the vintage pictures on the front.

She continued though the box finding a few marbles and a silver locket with a pink cameo on the front. Mylea opened it up to find a man and woman on one side and Sally Mae on the other. "Are these your parents?" The girl nodded. Mylea slipped the locket around her neck so she would not lose it.

Finally she came to the last item in the box. It was a letter. On the outside it was address to Dr. Smythe and there was a lipstick kiss print on it. She looked up and lifted an eyebrow. "Is this something I should be reading?" The girl blushed as only a spirit could as Mylea opened the letter and began reading.

The feelings and description in the letter made Mylea blush. It spoke of acts she wanted to do or try with the doctor as well as deep feelings of love and desire.

"Oh, wow..."
 
"I never even got to kiss him..." Sally Mae whispered, confiding in Mylea. "Though I would have, if I had just had one more day..." Her voice trembled. "He was going to take me away from all of this, take me to see the world, and I was going to... Going to be... His." These were more than likely just her wild fantasy, but she seemed to believe them to be true. "Have you ever been kissed, Mylea? Can you tell me what its like?" She asked, shyly, sweetly, curious.
 
"Look away!" Enumael commanded, not wanting Kat to see the bundle of bones in his arms for fear she would not understand. "Are you okay?" He asked a moment later, his voice still ringing in her ears, even though he was down below.

"I felt your eyes on me... Is something troubling you, my precious?" He whispered as he took the bundle of bones to a shed, out of sight. "I have to attend to... Something... But afterward, I shall come to you." He said calmly.
 
Kat looked away and decied to get dressed and go out to the garden. she loved the flowers there and it brought her such peace. she walked down the hallway and out the doors to the indoor guarden and sat down. she had her pad and pen and began drawing Enumael from her dream and smiled at the memories of the dream and blushed. but something was bothering her why did he have those bones and why was it looking like he was carrying a baby. she had this feeling she could not shake.
 
The consecration of Sally Mae's remains would have to wait, Enumael knew that Kat would not understand what he was up to if she saw him digging a grave for them and he had to protect her fragile psyche, else he lose her to madness.

He hid the bundle of bones under a pile of hay, promising Sally that he would put them to rest as soon as he could with a soft whisper before he stood and relinquished Parish's body back to him.

Parish stumbled as he came to, standing in the wood shed. "What the?" He stammered, catching his bearings. "Okay, Enumael, what have you been up to?" He asked himself, wondering why his feet were soaking wet.

He walked out, his feet sloshing in his soaking wet shoes, and cold, ice cold. "Trying to get me sick or something?" He sighed, taking them off and clapping them together to try and get rid of some of the excess moisture.

"You're making my life hell, you know." He said to himself, directing it at the demon inside him.

"Kat!" He looked up and saw she was sitting in the garden, drawing. "What are you doing out here? Aren't you cold?" He asked, taking off his coat to offer it to her. "You should be inside, by a warm fire, not out here, in the cold february air! You'll catch your death, young woman!"
 
kat looked up suprised to see parish." oh hi i was just drawing and no im not cold i was waiting for Enumael. what are you doing back." she looked up at him with the biggest eyes she could muster.' is he ok."
 
"Have you ever been kissed, Mylea? Can you tell me what its like?"

She thought back though her dreams and visions trying to recall any. She recaled something she had seen though Enumael when she had touched him. something had sparked and transferred to her. She could access his memories and feelings. she shivered slightly knowing this could not be good if he knew she could do this.

She could seen the darkness, and the things before the darkness. the lovers, the wars, the lust. she blushed softly as she saw the flesh as it crashed together. she could feel the burning desire.

"I have not Sally Mae, I have only seen others. My mind has been too much of a scramble to process much of anything but my routine." She reached out to the girl institutionally letting her hand rest thought her arm melding their energies. It was light and tickled, but this way she she knew and expected it.
 
Parish narrowed his eyes as he saw the sketch Kat was drawing. "Nice to see you too, Kat." Parish said, sarcastically, not liking the tone she was using with him, already miserable and cranky from having soaking wet and freezing cold feet. "Who? ...Enumael?" What had that demon done to this poor girl, she seemed obsessed with him all of a sudden. "Oh, I think he is doing quite well for himself, young lady. Perhaps too well..."

"Come now, Katarina, it is too cold to be out here, dressed the way you are. Come inside and I will make you some hot cocoa. You can draw at the table, I'll even get out the colored pencils for you to color your little drawing there in." He started to walk toward the house, looking back to see if Kat was coming.
 
"Do... Do you think you will ever know what its like? To kiss? To... To make love? I was going to... Give myself to Doctor Smythe, but I never got the chance to..." Sally Mae admitted, shyly hiding her face in her shoulder only gaining some semblance of boldness when Mylea didn't immediately scold her for such filthy thoughts. "Ah! That tickles!" Sally Mae exclaimed, drawing back in surprise. "It tickled?" She asked, realizing that she'd felt something. "I felt tingles." She whispered in awe.
 
Mylea's eyes widened as she watched the girl begin to feel.

"Can you feel that?" She reached further onto her matching her forearm onto hers, matching them as one. "Can you feel me?" She was amused at the sensation of her melting into her.

She them saw the thoughts Sally Mae was having of Dr. Smythe. The lust and tension between the two. She could feel the heat, and her heart began to speed up as Mylea could feel her desire for the doctor. A blush came onto her cheeks as the heat spread though her body and down between her legs. She had never experienced anything like it.

"Sally Mae, I...I...I'm sorry. I did not mean for that to happen...I don't know what even happened" She pulled away suddenly as the blush in her cheeks deepened
 
"Y... Yes!" Sally Mae exclaimed, feeling the rush and heat of pumping blood, as though she were alive. "Its warm..." She cooed, liking the feeling.

"Ah! Ahhh..." Sally Mae gasped, feeling the spike in Mylea's pulse as she shared her secret feelings and needs for Doctor Smythe with Mylea. "I feel so... Tingly! Do you feel it too, Mylea?"

"Nnh..." Sally Mae whined as Mylea stammered and apology and drew away. "No... Wait... Please?" Sally begged sweetly, wanting the feeling back. Wanting the ache of need, the flush of desire back. She cast herself at Mylea and to both of their surprise, melted into her fully.

"What? Where? Where am I?" Sally Mae asked, from within Mylea's mind, her perception drastically altered suddenly as she looked out from behind Mylea's eyes. She felt surrounded by warmth, such wonderful warmth! Sensation after sensation began to pour in! Air in her lungs! The beat of a racing heart! A familiar ache between her legs! Oh it was magnificent!

She wanted to get up and dance, but she wasn't in control, Mylea was. "Mylea?" She called out, trying to reach her friend from within the confines of her mind.
 
With a rush she felt the girl dive into her body. It was tingly and cold like the feeling of plunging into a cold lake in spring. She felt her mind go slowly dark as if a dimer switch was going to work turning out the lights for the night.. What was happening. Was it a vision? she could not see anything, or feel anything.

"Sally Mae, What going on. I can see or feel anything. what happened to me?" She felt as if she were swimming in nothingness. she could not figure out if she were dead or alive and it unnerved her
 
Sally Mae could hear Mylea in her mind and tried to bring her out of the nothingness as she looked around the room. She saw Mylea's face in the mirror across the room and tried to stand, only to collapse back down on her hands and knees, painfully. "OW!" Sally cried out, feeling them strike the hard wood floor.

She lifted her hand and saw she had a sliver in her palm. "Oooooow." She whimpered, squeezing her eyes shut, relinquishing them to Mylea's control, but not the feeling, she still felt the pain.
 
As if coming out of a dream Mylea felt her vision come back into focus to find herself on the floor. She took a few deep breaths as she got her bearings. she could hear the wind outside and creak of the floor boards under her as she tried to shift her weight. She could smell the must of the room. She could not feel anything.

"Sally Mae, What is going on here?"She tried to speak but the words only formed in her head. "I have no feeling. I can only hear see and smell."
 
"Ooooow..." Sally Mae whined, miserably inside Mylea's mind, still in posession of her bodies feeling. "Your hand... Please, it hurts! There's a sliver!" Sally Mae had forgotten how bad pain could be, she had always been a rather sensitive girl, when she felt things, she felt them deeply.
 
Kat sighed maybe it was because of him but she wanted to be a bit of a rebel" sorry parish i like it out here and i am going to stay out here. i love the fresh air and i miss it. i have been cooped up for two days i need to be out side. why don't you go dry your self off and come join me. and Enumael has done nothing wrong. he's just been good company. plus parish color would ruin this drawing its meant to be black and white.'
 
"I'm sorry Sally Mae. I cant feel it. I'm not sure I have that much control of my body. It seems as if our senses are split somewhere." She willed her hand to move in sight and it moved slightly into view. She could see the area where the the splinter was. It had become reddened and irritated. It was getting easier to move as she go used to the sensation of moving without feeling anything.

with the tip of her slim fingers she found the splinter and worked on pulling it out.

"This is strange..."she mumbled to herself as she managed to get the darn thing out.
 
"Nnn, nnn..." Sally Mae whined, trying to control herself enough to talk. "It's... Okay..." She whimpered, trying to be strong. "I must have... Possessed you." She admitted, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry... I... I don't know how to leave..."

"Ow! Ooooh...." She cried out as Mylea agitated the sliver by accident as she tried to work it out. Sally Mae couldn't keep from crying as Mylea worked at the sliver. But finally, it was out and she got a hold of her self, but started to hiccup from her sudden tears.

"Its... Be... Better... Na... Now." She stammered, trying to catch her breath, feeling like such a baby. How would she ever become a woman if she couldn't even endure the pain of a little sliver without falling to tears, even with Mylea's help, she wondered bitterly to herself, but her thoughts were Mylea's, so she could not keep them hidden from her.
 
Parish Green

"Fine, but if you catch a cold, you will only have yourself to blame, young woman." Parish scolded Kat, throwing his hands up in exasperation as he turned to go back inside. "I'm going to go enjoy a hot mug of cocoa, by a roaring fire, where its warm, and cozy. You're welcome to join me when you start to feel a chill." He headed up the hill, stopping on top of it, turning back toward her.

"You know, I can only help you if you let me help, Katarina." He looked sad as he let out a sigh. "You were doing so well... I just..." He looked away from her. "I just don't know whats going on with you all of a sudden..." He seemed defeated, his shoulders hunched as he turned away again.

"I wouldn't trust that... Thing... If I were you. Whatever he's done to you, he's still a demon..." And with that, he gave up and went inside to dry off and warm up.
 
Mylea could feel her emotions ebb and flow with hers. they both were confused at the strange situation.

"Don't worry. things will be fine. I don't mind sharing till we can figure this out." she twirled the locket that was around her neck before making herself stand and look in the mirror. Her legs were a little wobbly as standing with no feeling in her body was a strange experience.

Mylea picked up the contents of the box and tucked the things back in before replacing the cover and tucking it under her arm.

"Let take this back to my room and then go listen to some music. Music always helps."

Mylea made her way out of the room and closed the door behind her before dashing down the stairs to her room on the second floor. she opened the door and set the box under her bed before rushing out back down the common room.

"I hope you like music Sally Mae. I hope you like the stuff I like." She thumbed though the vinyl till she came across Jimi Hendrix album, Are You Experienced and moved the needle over to play Purple Haze.
 
"I... *Hiccup* Trust you, Mylea." Sally Mae answered, finally calming down enough to be able to talk again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal your body away from you like that... I don't understand these things quite yet myself." She admitted, sounding a little scared.

"I don't know how to give you back feeling... I mean, sight, I just forced my eyes shut, and they seemed to return to you, but touch? How do I shut that off?" She asked, nervously, trying to work things out.

Apart from the things Mylea thought to her, Sally Mae found herself feeling deaf and blind. "Okay, but I don't think I will be able to hear it... I seem to be deaf, the only thing I can hear is you..."

"Oh, I love music! Glen Miller is just dreamy! Does he still sing? Maybe... If you, I don't know, plug one ear for a moment, make yourself feel like you can't hear out of it? Maybe we can both hear? I'd like to know what you like!" Sally Mae suggested, trying to think of a way they both could share Mylea's senses.
 
The music calmed her as it filled the room. she tried to figure out a way for both of them to listen.

"Oh, I love music! Glen Miller is just dreamy! Does he still sing? Maybe... If you, I don't know, plug one ear for a moment, make yourself feel like you can't hear out of it? Maybe we can both hear? I'd like to know what you like!"

"Glen Miller? I love his music. But he died during the War on his way to entertain the troops." The difference just clicked in Myleas Mind. She was from way earlier than Mylea had originally thought.

She opened her mind and relaxed hoping that Sally Mae could hear Hendrix and his wonderful guitar.
 
"Oh no! That's so sad! He was such a sweet man, I could just cry... Wait... What war?" Sally Mae asked, her voice trembling.

"Oh, Mylea! It works! It works! It's like you opened yourself up to me and now I can hear! And see, and smell! Oh my, oh my! It's so wonderful! Thank you, oh, thank you, Mylea!" Sally Mae gushed, pausing only to listen to Myleas song.

"It's... interesting. How do you kiss the sky, I wonder? And, oh my, that sound he just made! I don't know if we should be listening to this, I feel so strange, the way I feel when doctor Smythe is near... It's like this... ache... b between my legs..." She admitted, her voice shaking and her words stuttering.
 
Back
Top