The Jeffinator's Lounge

I don't know if I ever did have this under my subs, you always open it up like two days after an RP is on life support. :rolleyes: Also I generally delete subs to anything I haven't been actively a part of in the last three to six months. I spend so much time between the GB and Political forum not to mention occasional jaunts into the playground and what not that if I didn't my subs would be pages and pages long. Hell at one point it was like seven or eight I think before I said fuck it and started mass deleting.

Anyway your art kicks the ever loving shit out of mine, hell you could do passable DBZ comics with that level of art talent.
 
LOL well, that was a long time ago, and those were rare images that I took my time on. I haven't been able to draw like that in years.
 
Oh and here I figured drawing was like riding a horse or playing Tekken, sure you get rusty but it takes a few days to get back to a moderately skilled level and a few weeks to get most of your talent back. At least the talent you genuinely had. I had a magic year where I could do some rediculous shit in Tekken but even at the time it was like "WTF?! Whatever i don't care as longas I win!"
 
For me, it takes a lot of practice to do anything remotely good. I still occasionally draw, but I always find fault with the images. The only things I can do that don't look absolutely horrible are anime faces.
 
You're also a bit of a perfectionist. And especially in the Webcomic business (if it can be called such, some people have quit their jobs to do it full time so it must) good enough is good enough especially for a start. I'm a fairly horrible artist all things considered but there is a point to be made here.

This is Ctrl-Alt-Del's newest comic as of 9-15-15

This is what they looked like at the start.

So yeah, you can draw well enough, hell I can damn near draw well enough I'm more working on the hope of getting consistent. I don't care if it's crap so long as its the same crap day in and day out.

I do take a fair amount of work to do something well but generally I can either do it or I can't and once I can I can ignore it for three years and just wipe the dust off once I remember what the basics were. Oh teh well.
 
Those sketches were from a time when I was drawing every day, and some of them I did by using a picture for reference. Like that Kagome drawing was based off an image of her in an anime magazine I had at the time. I never trace, but sometimes I'd have my sketchbook next to an image and replicate the lines. Though I was able to do Super Saiyans with out a reference because I was obsessed with DBZ in my late teens and early 20s, lol.

Most of those sketches were done in the summer of 2004 during a period of unemployment when I was forced out of my job at a party rentals warehouse. There were disagreements between myself and this guy named Julio because I only spoke a little Spanish and he only spoke a little English. We had an order of like 500 chairs to clean and put away, and he kept trying to get me to just put them away without cleaning them and I said, "No, we have a job to do." So I get called away to do something with the forklift, and I come back and he had put all the chairs away without cleaning them. Before I could correct the issue, the manager saw all the chairs put away and was like, "How the hell did you clean 500 chairs so quickly?"

So I tried to explain to the boss the situation with Julio, and he got mad and told me not to blame it on Julio. That pissed me off and it started a chain reaction of shit over the next few days that led to them ultimately deciding to fire me. I knew it was coming, though, because my dad also worked there and overheard the managers talking, so I quit on my own.
 
My point was merely that so and so gets paid and he sure as hell didn't start off great, probably not even better than you are right now. Hell like I said, not worlds better than me. Me getting computer art tools that don't come free with your computer would probably put me on par with that.
 
You can find trial versions or torrents of a lot of art software. And yeah, that was how Megatokyo started out -- his art was rather lame, but after more than a decade, it is leagues better. His webcomic is still up and you can view the entire thing here: http://megatokyo.com

I used to read Megatokyo every week, but I stopped for some reason a few years ago.
 
Grrr. Okay, so in order to have a continental breakfast at our hotel, someone on the staff has to be a Florida Certified Food Protection Manager. Currently, that is me -- last year I had to study a booklet, sit through a four hour class, and then take the ServSafe examination. So that means its my responsibility to train the rest of the employees to observe and adhere to the USDA regulations. But my coworkers are not as safety-minded as I am -- I come in to work and find two boxes of butter in the fridge that DOESN'T WORK. I've already explained to my General Manager that we can't put perishables in that fridge until it is fixed. It seems like I am being ignored. I had already taped a note to the fridge telling people not to store perishables there, and now I've also printed out some information from the USDA's website and left it at the desk along with a lengthy note in the logbook about the Temperature Danger Zone.

I swear, I should be the GM so I can make sure protocol is followed. Grrrr. LOL.
 
I have an idea for a new RP, but its probably a waste of time to try and post it here, so I may take it to another site where I can start over with a clean slate, lol. I would call it Flight of the Apostates and have it similar to Dragon Age in that a group of mages is fleeing oppression at the hands of the Templars. If you decide you're interested, Sean, I'll PM you the link after I set it up.
 
Not really sure how interested I am in going to a new site, I've got enough of them juggled right now as it is but I might read up on it. I'm still curious what you had in mind for a web comic even if all I can do is kick you around for not doing it. Again you're at least on par with many of the artists when they start these things.
 
I have lots of ideas for comics, but I'd need to improve on my backgrounds and fluidity/consistency between panels. But thank you for the compliment :). I'd be better off finding a more talented artist and cover the writing myself, though.

One idea I was toying with was using RPG Maker to create a 20-hour demo and then start a Kickstarter campaign to gather the funds to hire animators, programmers, artists, and voice actors to turn the demo into a 60+ hour epic cinematic adventure for commercial release on Steam, iOS and Android.
 
Just passing by.thought I'd just say 'Hi' as I passed your lounge. Loved your post in Star Trek - going to sleep on it and reply tomorrow.

Rained throughout the rugby, I need a shower and a warm bed. :cattail:
 
*irritated laugh* It is so infuriating when someone says, "If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" They think they are being wise and insightful, when in reality they are revealing how clueless they are about biology and life science in general.

There is this girl working here who I kind of had a crush on at first -- she was cute and smiley and kinda flirty. Her and I got along great, but then one night as I was relieving her, there was something on tv about Noah's Ark, and she was like, "Didn't they find part of the Ark?"

I raised my eyebrows and replied, "Well, they may have found something similar, but that didnt actually happen. The story of Noah's Ark is scientifically impossible." Then she turns and just stares at me with a WTF face and then says, "Do you believe in evolution?"

I said that I did, and then she goes, "You can't tell me that stuff -- I'm religious!" And that was the moment my crush on her died, LOL.
 
So you were all wet, hmm? :devil:

Yes, soaked through to the very skin - had to change everything!

Just going for my morning run before breakfast and another day's duty. Saw your post re religion. I was brought up Catholic but now I don't have any religion. I will go to funerals a and weddings but that's all.

I do believe there is something we can call God but I've seen so much evil and pain inflicted in the name of religion I cannot believe any religin has got it right. What God would want to strap explosives to a 6 year old girl and send her running into a crowded market?

Rant over. Will post at lunch time. :kiss:
 
Yes, soaked through to the very skin - had to change everything!

So you were all naked, hmm? :devil:

Just going for my morning run before breakfast and another day's duty. Saw your post re religion. I was brought up Catholic but now I don't have any religion. I will go to funerals a and weddings but that's all.

I do believe there is something we can call God but I've seen so much evil and pain inflicted in the name of religion I cannot believe any religin has got it right. What God would want to strap explosives to a 6 year old girl and send her running into a crowded market?

Rant over. Will post at lunch time. :kiss:

Yeah, you probably saw all kinds of horrible things on the battlefield. You saw first-hand what the Jihadists are capable of. In the dark ages, Christians were just as bad. Atrocities in the name of any God are wrong.
 
Last edited:
So you were all naked, hmm? :devil:

As naked as the day I was born - covered in foam soap!

Yeah, you probably saw all kinds of horrible things on the battlefield. You saw first-hand what the Jihadists are capable of. In the dark ages, Christians were just as bad. Atrocities in the name of any God are wrong.

I know. It's evil! I've seen grown men with child brides. DISGUSTING BASTARDS. If they are that desperate they should buy a rubber dolly.
 
Christians are still pretty bad, we just managed collectively to hide behind our wealth and high ground. The only little more randomly nail Muslims for is being a little more random. That aside does it matter if you run into a cafe with a bomb strapped to your chest or send a drone to blow up the cafe? Cafe gone. People dead.
 
I absolutely agree Sean, believe me no one hates war more than a soldier. My role as a military nurse is to save life not take it and under the Geneva Convention we nurse the enemy as well as our own troops.

Having said that when someone is firing at you you fire back and aim to hit.
 
I never got to see direct action as a Marine, I was an Ordinance man. In the rear with the gear and all that. I have minimal moral objections to war other than it shouldn't be Plan A. It should be the thing you do once you've exhausted other options. And given what we've learned over the years it pays not to be a twat when you win. Not because you really like those guys but it turns out that people who feel screwed are highly likely to strike back at earliest convenience. So you're not rebuilding their homes or refraining from torturing them out of the goodness of your heart. You're doing it so they don't force you to break their toys again in 20 years along with a bunch of yours getting busted in the process.

It's just good business as they say.
 
I never get involved in the politics, I leave that to the men and women we vote for. My loyalty is to my Queen, my Country and my Country's allies. My job is to defend those with everything I can. As I said earlier I hate war, but if any of the above are attacked and I'm ordered to fight I will fight.
 
Back
Top