Tricky character question

vividlyyours

Virgin
I'm working on subsequent chapters of my series Meant to Happen (first chapter: http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?url=meant-to-happen), and both of the main characters have teenage children, 14 and 15 years old. Those characters are not essential to the story, but they do help define and develop my main characters and their existence is a factor in developing certain story lines.

My issue is this: Given the explicit nature of the sex scenes in my stories, I am not comfortable introducing anyone under 18 into the story in any kind of active or speaking role, even as a secondary and obviously non-sexual character. The personalities of my main characters requires the children to be the age they are, so aging them even a bit wouldn't work.

Should I eliminate these characters completely, or leave them in the background? Or for that matter, should I include them in parts of the story not related to sexual activity?

I would appreciate any feedback.

I can't speak for your personal preferences, but Literotica guidelines say that no character under the age of 18 can be part of any sort of sexual activity (even watching).

They can be important to the story, just make sure they aren't part of any detailed sexual activity. You can create that disconnect, between the sexuality of the protagonists and the parts where the children are important. Just be sure not to mix the two.

Anyone who would connect children in a story having something to do with their parents intimate relations is wacko, unless the kids are in the parent room when it happens. Now those are some freaky parents.

As long as the children aren't around when the kinky stuff happens you're good to go.

As was said: keep the kids and the sex completely separate. I've seen more than a few stories here where underage kids are vital to the hot story -- maybe conspiring to entangle or estrange their parents. As long as the kids aren't fucking or witnessing fucking, no problem.

You can do it, but write it in a way that anytime the kids are focused on is a separate scene from any type of sex.

Make sure you don't even so much as have one character think, "My kids may have been watching"

You should be able to do this mainly because it sounds like you yourself would be appalled if the kids were involved in the sex so I think you have the write attitude to make sure you keep the kids out of any of the erotica

You can do it, but write it in a way that anytime the kids are focused on is a separate scene from any type of sex.

Make sure you don't even so much as have one character think, "My kids may have been watching"

You should be able to do this mainly because it sounds like you yourself would be appalled if the kids were involved in the sex so I think you have the write attitude to make sure you keep the kids out of any of the erotica

And explain the situation in the note field of the submit page. Otherwise the story might get auto-rejected.

For much of human history people hadda different attitude about sex. Covered wagons, the Mayflower, teepees, log cabins, all were suitable locations for sex, with or without a young audience. Not till THE WALTONS came along with the huge house and 20 bedrooms did sex become evil.

Anyone who would connect children in a story having something to do with their parents intimate relations is wacko, unless the kids are in the parent room when it happens. Now those are some freaky parents.

As long as the children aren't around when the kinky stuff happens you're good to go.
Thanks for the feedback. The kids are not to be involved in the kinky stuff in any way. Rather, I'm planning to have the main players meet the other's kids in order to further develop the main characters themselves. In the case of this story, I already established that the male lead has kids in the local area even though he lives in another state, and the female lead has a teenager living at home. Plus there are the story possibilities that come from the potential conflict.

Thanks for the feedback. The kids are not to be involved in the kinky stuff in any way. Rather, I'm planning to have the main players meet the other's kids in order to further develop the main characters themselves. In the case of this story, I already established that the male lead has kids in the local area even though he lives in another state, and the female lead has a teenager living at home. Plus there are the story possibilities that come from the potential conflict.

This is fine. There are tons of stories on here involving parents, single and otherwise, and those kids have speaking roles.

I had a story (which is no longer up here) in which the two leads met when the woman was taking her nephew to a museum, and the kid was part of the conversation. By making him a nephew, I didn't have to worry about him being around for the sex scenes, although that wasn't my aim at the time. Later in the story his older sister had a role as well.

There are plenty of ways and reasons to have kids in a story.

This is fine. There are tons of stories on here involving parents, single and otherwise, and those kids have speaking roles.

I had a story (which is no longer up here) in which the two leads met when the woman was taking her nephew to a museum, and the kid was part of the conversation. By making him a nephew, I didn't have to worry about him being around for the sex scenes, although that wasn't my aim at the time. Later in the story his older sister had a role as well.

There are plenty of ways and reasons to have kids in a story.

Kids in stories for me depends on category. Romance? sure no issues and they are generally story driven, maybe EC....but I have to say if I saw them crop up in an incest story I would be unnerved even if they were not the "target"

So I think category plays in as well as some have more "intent" on some things than others.

Kids in stories for me depends on category. Romance? sure no issues and they are generally story driven, maybe EC....but I have to say if I saw them crop up in an incest story I would be unnerved even if they were not the "target"

So I think category plays in as well as some have more "intent" on some things than others.

True. I don't disagree. Just saying that having kids in a story doesn't always mean those kids have to be near the sex scenes, so to speak. It's possible to have kids as characters to move the story or other characters along in other ways.

Any time you gotta explain what youre doing youre fucked from the start. Do it if its plain, forget it if the mouth breathers are puzzled.

There shouldn't be any confusion. I test-wrote a section that involved her meeting his teenaged kids for the first time and it seems OK. The story is shaping up like a romance novel with hardcore boning, so it's not all sexual and the sex in no way involves the kids.

There shouldn't be any confusion. I test-wrote a section that involved her meeting his teenaged kids for the first time and it seems OK. The story is shaping up like a romance novel with hardcore boning, so it's not all sexual and the sex in no way involves the kids.

I think LC and Penn Lady give good advice.

The Lit rules are that no-one under 18 can be involved in sexual activity. Her meeting the kids is non-sexual as long as you keep it softcore romance.

There are quite a few first time stories here that start with under-18s having a romance.

Back