Request: If you're Military, Police, Firefighter etc., please post pics here!!!!

A lot of military guys ( thanks for what you do) but gotta rep the firemen! Posting soon

nods in thanks to AmenRa and Firefighter Scott

I'm just here at home wrestling with the laundry...undies that are twisted with the crying towels...lol... I catch myself cussing at such small matters: the trash that missed the garbage can because I have lousy aim... the dog getting her face in the food bowl before I finish depositing her food chunks, thereby scattering the niblets widely across the kitchen... the hubby singing nonsensical lyrics like a demented dwarf while I'm trying to focus on my email messages...

But when I sit down to focus on videos like the one link posted above, where humanity is united in the main purpose of life, I find myself in a different world, completely absorbed as though angels are teaching profound lessons to me in a light so rare. I can't translate their heart nor mine into words any more than I can hang the world in a teardrop. To say I regard those who aid, protect, serve---and the ones whom they help---as "SACRED" seems a weak term. It's a love that should be expressed with every heartbeat.:heart: Know that mine is with you all.

Last edited:
I hope this is cropped enough to not violate the picture-posting policy :)

Feedback and PMs are appreciated ;)

Last edited:
okay... take this to all:

Is there a personal reason for choosing to be a militant/firefighter/police, etc?

And I'll be surprised if any firefighter comes forward with an answer of "Because I am a pyromaniac."

Is there a personal reason for choosing to be a militant/firefighter/police, etc?

And I'll be surprised if any firefighter comes forward with an answer of "Because I am a pyromaniac."

Got into firefighting cause it was in my family.I like to help people out when they are in need and also like driving the big red shiny trucks lol.

Because someone has to be the thin, blue line.

See, there are three kinds of people in this world: sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves.

Most are sheep. They go blindly about their lives, never caring or knowing they can be, and often are, victims. They are preyed upon by the wolves. The wolves, who seek to take from them their property, their family, and sometimes, their very lives.

Then there's the sheepdogs. We stand ready to do violence to the wolf who would prey upon those under our protection. We do this without pretext; we are simply following the path of our knowledge, our chosen profession, which we feel exemplifies what we are: Protectors. Peacemakers.

I chose to do this job because it is what I am.

Because someone has to be the thin, blue line.

See, there are three kinds of people in this world: sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves.

Most are sheep. They go blindly about their lives, never caring or knowing they can be, and often are, victims. They are preyed upon by the wolves. The wolves, who seek to take from them their property, their family, and sometimes, their very lives.

Then there's the sheepdogs. We stand ready to do violence to the wolf who would prey upon those under our protection. We do this without pretext; we are simply following the path of our knowledge, our chosen profession, which we feel exemplifies what we are: Protectors. Peacemakers.

I chose to do this job because it is what I am.

:)

Hmmm. Only 3 kinds of people? If these are the definitions, i am not a dumb sheep. I am not a predator. I am not quite prepped to do violence against anyone, unless in self defense. But the bosses I've worked under usually label me a rebel...lol. well, they might think me a sheepdog who likes to herd things up chase just to stir up excitement.

Or maybe I'm a switch sheepdog, bred with wolf blood? :eek:

Either way, i don't think I'm a sheep.

thanks for your answer. AmenRA.

And firefighter Scott, I hope someone is likewise there to help you in your times of need, even as you help others.

Last edited:

Hmmm. Only 3 kinds of people? If these are the definitions, i am not a dumb sheep. I am not a predator. I am not quite prepped to do violence against anyone, unless in self defense. But the bosses I've worked under usually label me a rebel...lol. well, they might think me a sheepdog who likes to herd things up chase just to stir up excitement.

Yes, i know...you are speaking of professions. I'm just musing.

And firefighter Scott, I hope someone is likewise there to help you in your times of need, even as you help others.

Thank you no luck so far lol.

The label of sheep isn't meant to be insulting. It is simply a way of explaining that most people go about their lives oblivious to the fact there is crime around them. These are the same people who hold no regard for the police until they need them. Like sheep, they have no care in the world except for their own lives.

Running around the herds...

Okay, we know what the uniforms look like... what's on the underwear right now???

sheep?? Wily Coyote? pit bulls?
Fire balls? eagles?

"protect and serve" on the waistbands?

Me? i have on AC DC boxers with a big cannon. "We salute you."

Hubby won't wear them, so I do, just to sleep in.

Bark bark bark...this thread needs to MOVE MOVE MOVE:heart:

I became a Soldier for two reasons
1- it is a family tradition that dates back to King Edward the first
2- regardless of the tradition it was something I always wanted to do

Been a digger now for just over 25 years

Running around the herds...

Okay, we know what the uniforms look like... what's on the underwear right now???

sheep?? Wily Coyote? pit bulls?
Fire balls? eagles?

"protect and serve" on the waistbands?

Me? i have on AC DC boxers with a big cannon. "We salute you."

Hubby won't wear them, so I do, just to sleep in.

Bark bark bark...this thread needs to MOVE MOVE MOVE:heart:

Mine a pure black briefs - but out bush I go commando

November 10, 1775

Just wanted to take a minute to tell you today is the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps...carry on.

Are they cotton or...?

I once knew an MP who liked to wear leopard print, silk bikini. seriously hot.

Thanks for the reply, dear. :)

Yes Cotton :rolleyes:

I'm just about to head out field for the weekend with a group of Army cadets (JROTC) - watermanship - this could be fun

Back