Midgard Miasma (closed)

shizzz

That one guy
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Posts
11,534
Here he was, god of mischief, and he couldn’t even leave a planet

He had been banished to Midgard, and found the mundane life to be unbelievably boring. His magazine called were still his, but in this realm they were a fraction of the power he had when he was tied to Asgard. He had to get back

He recalled Thor’s luck with an astrophysicist so scanning the literature was all he could do

He was capable enough to generate funds, creating himself a wealthy lifestyle. But he was unable to generate the technology required, without the knowledge of it. And his magic was far too weak to get him anywhere




His phone rang and he smiled, a particular individual seems to have stumbled into something he needed to see

“Sarah is her name? Ok good.....alright. I’m on the first flight to LA” he said, smiling g as he stepped to the edge of the sidewalk and hailed a cab.


This was the first lead he had had in over a year, he wasn’t gonna let this one slide
 
Sarah walked around her lab deep in the forest of Idillywild, staring out of the floor to ceiling windows as she thought over the sequence of her math. She had received a grant to finish her research – the tranquil surroundings helping calm her nerves as she progressed through her work.

She glanced at herself in the reflection of one of the windows. There were days she felt inferior. She was petite, only 5’6” and considered herself too pale, especially against the inky blackness of her raven hair. She had cobalt blue eyes that she had always been self-conscious about. While she felt her almost violet eyes made her look like a freak – others thought she looked exotic, especially given her full and pouty lips. That combined with her hour glass figure often lead people to discount her intelligence, she cared more for books and science than she cared for her looks and often wore little more than jeans and a tank top. Today she hadn’t even bothered to put on slippers, her blood red toenails were in sharp contrast to the white tiled floor.

She sighed and went back to her work. Given the discovery of, or rather the abrupt presentation of portals to other worlds – her budget had been obnoxiously increased – where her portal theory had once been mere conjecture and fodder for her nay-sayers, it was now a desperately fought after commodity. They had tried to install extra security but she insisted that her remote location was both undisclosed and uninspiring and thus would call little attention to anyone.

She moved back to the large lab table in the center of the room and flipped through her notes. She knew she was close, but finding the link she needed was proving difficult. She pulled a pencil out of her hair, allowing it to cascade down her back in dark waves, and begin working through one of her formulas once more.
 
His flight was uneventful, assuming you consider the drudgery of mortal travel to be anything besides uneventful. He used small bits of his magic here and there. Showing up to fly, tricking the people there to giving him tickets he didn’t pay for, getting first class, ensuring no one else sat near to him

He could not stand these people, their pedestrian experiences and capacities. The only thing he did enjoy was the female form, and alas, there was none of that to be enjoyed on his flight either


Once in the ground he quickly snagged a limo, and had himself driven out to the secluded lab, the address given to him was further out then he realized, up into the forest and the mountains

The facility itself was large and designed with a bit if flair, large windows and what he assumed was on a stand that led deep into the earth

He ran his hands over his head, and his visage changed into something akin to his brothers appearance, string jaw, obvious physique, golden hair and bright blue eyes.

He waved his hand at the door and it opened for him, the facility was practically vacant, he saw one woman at the front desk

“Yes I have an appointment with Sarah”
 
The phone rang in her lap and Sarah picked it up. Her assistant – who did very little – gasped as she tried to tell her about Thor being there at their very facility. Sarah’s muscles tightened a bit. She had watched the footage of what had gone down in New York, it was the very reason her research was so crucial, but she hadn’t been expecting a visit from one of the Avengers.

She slipped on her flats and walked out to the front of the house where her assistant was waiting with the blonde muscled man himself. She did her best to hide her surprise and confusion from him as she walked forward and shook his hand.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Sarah Imogen. Is there something I can do for you?” she asked as she sent her assistant to the kitchen to make them all tea. “Please have a seat Mr….uh…Mr. Thor?” she finally said as she offered him a seat and then sat on the couch facing him.

Just then her assistant came back out with tea and was making googly eyes at the man now sat across from her. It took every fiber of Sarah’s being not to roll her eyes. She supposed most women fawned over blonde muscular men, but she was not one of them.

“So,” she began as she poured him some tea, “may I ask why we have the pleasure of your visit?”
 
Loki chuckled to himself as her assistant practically drooled over him, but more so was Sarah’s apparent irritation. He used his brothers firm, for his reputation, and as a way of putting people at ease and distraction. Sarah was not distracted

“I’m interested in your research Sarah” he said as he began to work a slight tendril if magic, a simple incantation to put her at eases, get her off guard, and quell her frustration.

“Perhaps you could show me your facility. I’m curious to see how your work is similar to that of our own portal gate on Asgard “ he told her as he let the incantation go, waiting to see how susceptible she was to suggestion, because it seemed that the golden boy would not work on her. Perhaps he should go with something more truthful? Not yet. Too soon

“Shall we” he asked, as he watched to see if his spell worked, he noticed for the first one what gorgeous eyes she had, and as he evaluated her furthe he noticed that she had exactly the kind of figure he liked in this realm. Perhaps he could make this more than business?, he thought to himself as he rose, hoping to get her moving to comply with his request
 
She raised her eyebrow a bit when he asked about the portal. It was strange for him to want to see it, especially given that it wasn’t even completed yet. Her facility was her own and she had no desire to share it with this man…god…whatever he was.

She sipped her tea and felt herself relax a bit. She supposed he was a “good guy” and she imagined that if Stark wanted her tech he would pay for it instead of stealing it. Still, something nagged the back of her mind. She supposed he wouldn’t leave unless she gave him a tour…not that that had to include her private lab.

“Well Mr. Thor..” she felt odd even saying it, “I am happy to show you around but as you can see, my facility is my own. It’s mostly just a house with a lab in the garage” which was mostly true.

She stood and gave her assistant the rest of the day off, before the girl drowned in her own pool of drool, and then began to show Thor around.

“Here’s the kitchen, upstairs are sleeping quarters…” she began and then walked into her second lab. This was where her assistant worked most days but he didn’t need to know that, “and here is the lab. As you can see construction hasn’t started as of yet. We’re trying to nail down the algorithms, and of course, a power source that could sustain such a thing. I suppose it’s easier to find such things on your home planet.”

She allowed him to look around the lab a few minutes and then looked at her watch. “If there isn’t anything else, I have an appointment I need to get to” she lied coolly.
 
He smiled as she led him around. Once her assistant was dismissed he let his mind reach out into the Ethis, finding no one else around, he let his facade slip.


When she finally turned to look at him, mentioning a meeting she was alter for, he stood there in his true form

He stood in a cool charcoal black suit, tailored to fit his tall physique. His dark hair was slicked back and his cool blue eyes drank her in, leaning on the magic he had he pushed his intent into her. Compelling her to see his needs and be more willing


“Now now sarah, we know this ain’t close to what you really have. Let’s not be coy “ he told her with a smile as his staff materialized in his hands.

“We are both to smart for that” he said as his eyes wandered over her, finding himself distracted by her short curvaceous form

“Show me what you’ve really been working on”
 
In the next moment she turned around to see Thor’s brother standing in front of her rather than the muscled blond man that had been there a moment ago. Her mouth opened and closed a few times in shock. She had seen reports about this man on the news, the chaos he caused, the world domination he was after. She blinked a few times and then attempted to speak.

“I…I thought you had been taken back to…wherever it is you’re from…” she said as she felt herself fluster. “There isn’t anything of interest for you here…” She added as she sped around him and started walking towards the front door, hoping he would follow, hoping he wouldn’t hurt her.

“Anything I would have would be miniscule compared to what you’re used to, now if you would just leave, I won’t tell anyone you’ve been here and…we’ll leave it at that” she said and opened the front door, mentally crossing her fingers that it would be that easy.
 
He smiled as she controlled her reaction....somewhat. He watched her miscolored eyes begin to move as her mind started coming to terms with the current state. His es dipped to what was a deliciously rounded backside as she walked towards the door. These earthlings were delightfully shaped, he thought as his hungers began to return to him, now that he had a good lead that might get him out of this middling realm

“Oh no Sarah. Don’t be soo modest. Your work is very important, despite your lack of physical grandeur”, he said as he stepped closer his arms lifting up to gesture at the house/facility they were in.


Then he reached one hand forward, and an invisible force pulled Sarah closer to him, as if a side rope had wrapped around her waist, the invisible band pulled her her top taught over her chest, and again he felt his appetite spike.

He lifted the other hand, and the doors closed, he gestured first one way, then another, and curtains were drawn and blinds came down.

“Now let’s not be coy. Show me everything you have” he told her, lifting a hand up and pressing a light touch on her forehead as he placed a compulsion on her. Not one that would make her a cringing dog, but one that was more subtle. One that preserved her own thinking, but one that would make her want to please him.
 
She gasped as she was suddenly propelled towards him. She couldn’t help but notice the sturdiness of him. While she hadn’t given him much thought, she was surprised that he felt so muscled beneath his well-tailored shirt. She mentally rolled her eyes at herself given that this was hardly what was important at the moment.

As the doors closed behind them she looked up at him with surprise. She was still trying to think of a way to survive this - would he kill her? The scenarios were tumbling around in her mind when he lifted his hand. At first she thought he meant to hit her, but instead, his cool thumb gently touched her forehead. Instantly she felt the tension that had coiled inside her loosen a bit. Where her eyes had held worry and concern, they now held something akin to curiosity.

She relaxed a bit in his embrace and looked up to his face once more. When she looked into his piercing blue eyes she felt herself blush. She blinked a few times and looked away, unable to account for her reaction. She put her hands against his chest and gently pushed herself away from him. She stared at the floor a few moments, her mind desperately trying to figure out what was amiss, but alas, it couldn’t make the connection. It was like a forgotten song lyric – there but irretrievable.

She looked back towards him and tried to recompose herself. She knew he wouldn’t leave until he had what he wanted and she also didn’t want to die. After all, wasn’t that what the Avengers were for? If they couldn’t keep track of this guy – why would it be her fault if something went wrong? Either way, she knew she didn’t have much choice in the matter.

“Ok…Mr. Loki I guess?” she said unsure of what to call him. “Follow me.”

As she walked to the back of the house and towards her personal lab, she suddenly wished she had worn something more appealing – though she had no idea why. One they were at the end of the hall she lifted up a metal cover to reveal a handprint scanner. She placed her hand on it and the door clicked open.

She opened the door and walked in, moving to the side so that he could enter. The lab looked fairly benign. In other places it might have been considered a large mediation area given the floor to ceiling glass that made up two of its walls. She had always found serenity and clarity in the forest and that was why she had chosen this place to set up shop. It was deep in the forest with nothing but trees and nature around it. The glass was bulletproof – it had been insisted upon for safety, but otherwise, it was almost like having a lab directly in the woods.

In the center of the lab was a large work space. Against one of the solid walls was a long row of cabinets and counter space. At the far end of the room was the beginning of the portal work. She hadn’t lied when she had told him that she hadn’t figured out a power source and some algorithms for the software end of the project. However, she had begun the mechanical work, though at this point it was little more than a platform with the very bottom of the device being started.

She walked him over to it and put her hands in her pockets. “This is what I’ve begun. It won’t do much right now, I still need a power source and I need to work on the navigation programming…I still don’t think it will help you much…”
 
He smiled as she relaxed, her body loosing the anxiety and tension that had been so evident very quickly

“Good” he said with a smile as she agreed to give him what he wanted

His eyes seems to slide to her round ass as she walked, the curves delightfully mesmerizing. He shook his head briefly. He was close to a serious goal here, and he was checking her out? That was absurd. But as she opened the door and turned, gesturing him through, her curvaceous profile caught his eyes.

Woman wiles casting a spell on him? He smiled


He followed her to the center of the remarkable room. It truly was a sanctuary

“This is nice” he said looking over what she had started

“Don’t worry about a power source. I can handle that” he told her as he stepped up beside her, putting his hand on the small of her back

“Tell me if this navigation problem” he told her. And, despite the seriousness of what was going on, the trickster in him couldn’t help it. He used the contact to convince her she was very hit. Almost too hot.

He also couldn’t deny that he wanted to see nor if her. As he pushed his influence to make her feel warm. He also used it to give her confidence. That womanly empowerment movement.
 
She had expected the man to ridicule her work, think her inferior in some way, but instead, he seemed to be interested in what she did. She knew, of course, that he had nefarious plans, but part of her simply wanted to have her work, her dream, realized. She also knew she should be calling someone to come pick up the dastardly handsome character that stood near her now, but for some reason, she couldn’t find the desire to find her phone.

He touched her lower back for a moment and she felt incredibly warm. She moved away just enough to be out of his reach. She wasn’t sure if it was his touch that made her warm or something else. She felt something in the back of her mind rallying against her apparent ease with the situation. He was a villain, and a terrible one at that. Why wasn’t she trying to slug him?

She looked at him briefly and had to admit that the Thor’s brother came in a rather nice package. Before, she had only seen snippets of him on the news, and thus, only really saw his eyes, though those were enough reasons to make a girl rethink her morals. In person, her was tall, dark haired and rather debonair. She knew he had done terrible things, but as he stood beside her, it was as if none of those things had ever happened.

She cleared her throat and tried to focus as he asked her about her navigation issues. She opened up her laptop and turned down the lights. She then turned on the projector so that it now cast images of her laptop on the wall.

“You see, I only have star maps of what is known to the people her on earth, and even the locations we are aware of, their exact position is not as precise as it should be. I’m trying to develop a formula to calculate these distances accurately so that I may place someone – the output of the portal – with some reasonable accuracy. Therein lies the problem” she explained.
 
He smiled as she pulled up her computer and projected her work. He was feeling a little frustrated woth how little his magic seeemd to work on her.

He stepped up hbehond her, layout BG his hands on her shoulders

“You’re smarter than that, but first. Have you transported anything living as far as down the street. Or is your portal only capable of intradinensional travel?” He asked as he leaned closer, his eyes catching a glorious view of her cleavage. Her top was casual and low, but her prodigious busy made it all the more revealing

Surely you have tried sending something somewhere and back?” He asked as he concentrated, using the contacts of his hands to push his will into her. Trying to make her mid clear so she could focus on the work, but st the same time he lost his focus on the work, becoming more intrigued by her
 
She raised her eyebrow at him for a moment as he asked her questions and man-splained her to. She slipped out of his grip and opened up a cabinet. She pulled out a scaled down prototype.

“We were able to transport some things, but only if they were at a great distance. I believe this is due to the amount of speed the particles need to reach before reaching their destination. The closest place I’ve been able to bring back was, Ironically, mars. And this,” she paused, turned around and moved a small cage to the table with a white mouse inside, “is Harry. He was the first live being to be transported to and from any destination.” She explained. She then turned around to face Loki.

“Area’s we know enough about, like our own solar system, the jumps are possible. But any other galaxies, the stars and planets aren’t as accurately mapped as of yet. I’m hoping to get at least one before die, but in the meantime, I’m building the machine at full scale to work on further issues.”

It was only when she finished explaining her work a bit more to him, that she realized how close she was to him. She blushed a bit and suddenly felt very shy. She meekly snuck to the side and felt more flustered than she ever had. She mentally kept telling herself to pull it together, reminding herself off all the terrible things this person..er…god had done. For some reason those things didn’t seem to matter to her at the moment.

“I mean…if you have some star maps, I’d love to see them…”she finally added after a moment of embarrassed shyness.
 
He smiled as she skittered away, just dodging him. He perused, coming up behind her

“I do have access to star maps for you” he told her as he reached forward, gripped her by the waist and turned her around

“I think we can make a lot of advancements on your work” he told her as he looked deep into her two-toned eyes

“I’d love to help you, as long as I know you’ll help me. And your not going to give me away to any of those avengers. I need to trust you” he said as his cool blue eyes drank her in.

Suddenly behind him the lights dimmed and the room filled with a star field, the stars from Asgard

“I can give you whatever information you need and I can conjure the parts you require” he told her as his hands slid up from her waist to her ribs, his wrists brushing the tremendous curves of her breasts.

“But I have some requirements too”
He said as he leaned close, feeling a need to satisfy this sudden intense lust, he pulled her close and kissed her
 
Sarah found herself blushing hotly as he spun her around. Despite herself, her heart started beating faster as he spoke, and she felt nervous within that deep blue gaze. For the first time in some time, she was speechless.

As the stars and constellations formed themselves around her she looked around in amazement. When she looked back at him her heart skipped a beat. As he spoke about requirements she wasn’t sure if she wanted to run away or stay forever.

“Requirements? What require…” she was cut off as his lips pressed against her own. Arms that had been thrown up in alarm slowly lowered until her hands were on his upper arms. She was trying to find some kind of sanity in her mind as the electric jolt of his kiss pulsed through her veins.

After several moments, she pulled way gasped, turning away from him to cover her embarrassment and to try and regain her composure.

“If you promise not to hurt anyone…” she said as she braced herself by placing her hand on the counter.
 
He felt frustration pulse through him as she pulled from his kids, she quickly turned from him, spinning around

This left her round ass open for inspection. He dipped his eyes low, stepping closer so that his hips pressed up against her ass. He heard her quiet words and he leaned close over her. His chest pressing against her back as his hands came to rest on the desk beside her. His lips grazing her ear

“No one will be hurt. In fact I think we will all get a little bit of satisfaction from working together” as he spoke he conjured control of the elements and guided two wisps of air

With his hands still beside hers on the table, the straps of her tank top began to slide down over her shoulders

“In fact I think we can find that working together will be thrilling” he said as he ground his hips into her Jean clad ass, he leaned back and let his hands slide down over her back, and come to rest on her hips, pulling her against his groin.

He used the air to spin her around so she faced him, the straps of her tank top now dangling from her arms. Then an invisible finger of air hooked into the low neckline between her breakers and began to pull the top down

“First I think we need a little more dis-clothe-sure” he said with a smile as a tremendous swell of bra clad cleavage cane into view
 
Back
Top