ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky-E-leven said:
... table-dancing, when done correctly, shouldn't damage one's toes at all. What kind of places have you been visiting?...
Very true, Lucky, unless you get your big toe caught in a shot glass.
That’s what happened to a famous ballerina at Joe’s Bar & Grill & Bar. She stuck her foot into a jigger just as she began her pirouette, and now she cannot do anything more than a jig.
perdita said:
... Strong tea and salty pretzels will do it....
The gingerbread men got all twisted up trying to escape from a sadistic amputation torturer, so we put salt on their wound and are selling them as pretzels. Okay, Ms P?
ABSTRUSE said:
... I too like Turner. ...
Yeah! I understand Ike was quite an the artist at applying eye shadows.
matriarch said:
... all stored on the pages of my pad for posterity. And blackmail.*
Blackmail doesn't work here, Matriarch, they don't have any shame.

It's a pity, but there it is!

perdita said:
Charon appeared welcoming to me, prideless, but I saw my own anxieties in Aeneas.

Apart from the Sybil’s, among hundreds of great paintings only a few faces were particularly interesting to me—da Sesto’s Salome, Rembrandt’s grosse self-portrait, and Rubens’ naked, deliciously pastel-fleshed wife in furs. Salome’s lewdness and cruelty were seamless in their expression.

My brother noted that both the Crespi and da Sesto came from the collection of the great conqueror of the Turks, Prince Eugène of Saxony. I looked forward to visiting his summer residence, the Belvedere Palace, among several he had built in Vienna. At the very least I would have welcomed meeting the man who might have kept that Sybil and that Salome in his bedroom.

Eroticism centuries old—a wealth of new fantasies to be spun.

I love how a painting can evoke such emotions.
I would love to spend a day(week?) going through your photo albums, having a smoke and listening to all of your travels.
Do you have pics of Belevedere palace?

Glad to see Burley, my wonderful waitress from hell took care of things for me. She's a keeper!

Having just glanced through the 'How Unique is a Kiss' thread, and realising my woeful inability to join in this thread....(my kissing experience is very very limited, and I won't be joining in), it did persuade me to read you all a short poem of mine, about my first ever woman-woman kiss.

*standing by the counter, leaning nonchalently on it...feeling the damp of unwiped spillage seeping into my shirt - remind VB to be a bit more up with the mopping up, less of the smart alec responses, more of the missus mop - .... clearing my throat....damn it you people, Shut the fuck up, and listen! Someone gag that goose, and get the dancer down on the floor. Time for a bit of kulture..!!...... the muttering slowly diminishes. Clearing my throat once more.........and begin to read*

"Each time my senses rest,
Seductive memory washes over me,
Weakening,
Melting
Making me gasp anew
As I recall the feel,
The soft unexpectedness
The kiss.
Each time I remember
I want it again
To remember again
and again
and again."

*Bowing slightly, returning to my seat in the corner, pick up my pad and continue sketching.*

Mat *blushing at my unexpected public bravery*

:rose:

Carl gets up from the table, and is ready to put the bill-board back over his shoulders.

"That was a nice cuppa ladies, thx," he says, as he struggles to get the bill-board in place.

"What's with the bill-board Carl?" said ABS, reading the front to herself. 'The End is Nigh...

"Oh, just a personal joke," replies Carl, as he leaves.

ABS reads the back as he leaves, and laughs out loud.

It reads: On impossible to see while it's in my slacks.

Carl

Carl East said:
Carl gets up from the table, and is ready to put the bill-board back over his shoulders.

"That was a nice cuppa ladies, thx," he says, as he struggles to get the bill-board in place.

"What's with the bill-board Carl?" said ABS, reading the front to herself. 'The End is Nigh...

"Oh, just a personal joke," replies Carl, as he leaves.

ABS reads the back as he leaves, and laughs out loud.

It reads: On impossible to see while it's in my slacks.

Carl

*Laughing so hard in my corner, I fall off my chair, pad and pencils scattered over the floor unnoticed.*,

Carl and Mat: I want you to adopt me! You make me larf and swoon, a great combination of emotions.

love, Perdita :heart: :kiss: :rose:

perdita said:
Carl and Mat: I want you to adopt me! You make me larf and swoon, a great combination of emotions.

Thank you P, apparently my 'charm lessons' are working.

:D :kiss:

perdita said:

If they adopt you, and you adopt Charley, I'll throw a dysfunctional family reunion here!

ABSTRUSE said:
If they adopt you, and you adopt Charley, I'll throw a dysfunctional family reunion here!
Charley's adoption is in progress, I think she'll be thrilled at her adopted grandparents. Hmm, perhaps someone should give me a 'baby' shower?

Perdita :D

perdita said:
Charley's adoption is in progress, I think she'll be thrilled at her adopted grandparents. Hmm, perhaps someone should give me a 'baby' shower?

That would be one for the films....I can just imagine the "baby" gifts.....You can have the shower here!!!! Pick a day and it's done!

perdita said:

Grandparents !!???????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have FORBIDDEN my sons to ever make me into one of those. And now I find the status being foisted on me while I wasn't looking.

Mind you......*viewing my prospective grand daughter with a lecherous grin*.......do I get to bounce my new grand daughter on my lap......whenever I feel like it..?????

Mat :p

matriarch said:
Grandparents !!???????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have FORBIDDEN my sons to ever make me into one of those. And now I find the status being foisted on me while I wasn't looking.

Mind you......*viewing my prospective grand daughter with a lecherous grin*.......do I get to bounce my new grand daughter on my lap......whenever I feel like it..?????

Mat :p

I'll bet a dollar she bounces you first....:eek:

matriarch said:
do I get to bounce my new grand daughter on my lap......whenever I feel like it..?????
Well, she'll have to want it, and at least for the first week or so, as I'm the responsible parent (though old enough to be her gran), I will need to be in the room.

Awk, I promised her a good stepdad if I ever found a new man, now what have I done? P. :rolleyes:

ABSTRUSE said:
I'll bet a dollar she bounces you first....:eek:

A dollar??? Is that all?

Ye gods woman, that's not even one whole pound sterling. Is that all I'm worth ??

(I have a feeling that was a bad move, but its too late now, words are out.)

Mat :rose:

matriarch said:
A dollar??? Is that all?

Ye gods woman, that's not even one whole pound sterling. Is that all I'm worth ??

(I have a feeling that was a bad move, but its too late now, words are out.)

Mat :rose:

Hey, people here are poor tippers and big drinkers...take the damn dollar.

I hope I get to babysit:D

ABSTRUSE said:
Hey, people here are poor tippers and big drinkers...take the damn dollar.

I hope I get to babysit:D

You think I'm going to want to leave a sweet young thing like that on her own, or even worse, to your tender mercies ?

Charley and I will need to spend time together, getting to know each other better..........much better.......grandma and grand-daughter. Some cross-generational bonding. ;)

Mat :) :cool: :devil:

matriarch said:
You think I'm going to want to leave a sweet young thing like that on her own, or even worse, to your tender mercies ?

Charley and I will need to spend time together, getting to know each other better..........much better.......grandma and grand-daughter. Some cross-generational bonding. ;)

Mat :) :cool: :devil:

I'm very good with 'children'...even one like her.

Lime said:
Damn, I thought Mondays were the Wet T-Shirt contest nights.

Lime,

I got a Euro if that'll get things started.

What the hell, VB drag the hose out to the patio and sign up the women.:cool:

Virtual_Burlesque said:
I was just about to recite one of my poems, but ...

Okay, whose hose am I supposed to drag out?

Poem first, then pull out Lime's hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back